Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (7.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (26.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (9.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (5.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (18.3%)
      Jay Spearing
      (3.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      (14.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      (4.6%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (9.2%)
      Andy Carroll
      (1.5%)

Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment

Read 44898 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #782: Dec 07, 2011 10:53:41 pm
      Okay, so Monday night was hard viewing. We didn't play great but we did well enough to win. Okay, so decisions don't go our way. We can't go against the view, however, that these decisions usually even themselves out across the course of the season.

I was frustrated because we lost. However, what angered me most is the level of chance creation and the failure to take the chances we did have. For me, we need another striker, or at least put Bellamy up top. As much as I love Suarez, he misses an awful lot of chances and I see him more as a creative Forward. That is no criticism of Suarez but he is effectively playing the role of 2 strikers at the minute. Some may place the blame of that on Carroll. However, I thought Andy and Luis linked up very well on Monday evening, but not clinical enough.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #783: Dec 07, 2011 11:26:16 pm
      Okay, so Monday night was hard viewing. We didn't play great but we did well enough to win. Okay, so decisions don't go our way. We can't go against the view, however, that these decisions usually even themselves out across the course of the season.

I was frustrated because we lost. However, what angered me most is the level of chance creation and the failure to take the chances we did have. For me, we need another striker, or at least put Bellamy up top. As much as I love Suarez, he misses an awful lot of chances and I see him more as a creative Forward. That is no criticism of Suarez but he is effectively playing the role of 2 strikers at the minute. Some may place the blame of that on Carroll. However, I thought Andy and Luis linked up very well on Monday evening, but not clinical enough.

Agreed, I saw a stat the other day that compared the percentage of goals scored against clear chances made - Suarez was one of the worst at conversion. Below Carroll as well. Suarez is invaluable to the teams play, but his inability to put away chances is as a problem when he's the main focal point.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #784: Dec 08, 2011 12:47:01 am
      This is the kind of games that we have to win, don't matter how we win it. We beat those top 4 teams & then we lost to the middle & lower teams. We are back to square one.

Its just so frustrating,  :mad:  :mad:  :mad: .
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #785: Dec 08, 2011 01:00:56 am
      Agreed, I saw a stat the other day that compared the percentage of goals scored against clear chances made - Suarez was one of the worst at conversion. Below Carroll as well. Suarez is invaluable to the teams play, but his inability to put away chances is as a problem when he's the main focal point.

Well, he did score a cracking goal from a magnificent piece of skill, only to be incorrectly disallowed for offside....
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #786: Dec 08, 2011 01:03:00 am
      Well, he did score a cracking goal from a magnificent piece of skill, only to be incorrectly disallowed for offside....

Remember hearing the commentator say "He may be a more scorer of magnificent goals rather than a magnificent goal scorer," or something to that effect. Hope that isn't always the case.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #787: Dec 08, 2011 01:45:39 am

He did, not denying that. But facts are facts, and I don't think anyone can deny a more clinical Suarez with the amount of chances he's had (he's right up there at the top of the leaderboard of chances I believe) would probably have us with a few more points.

Again, I'm not blaming him at all. He's one of our most important players. Love the guy, and I'm gonna be pissed if we lose him for a couple matches due to his finger spasm. But just because he's so good and has quickly become loved, it doesn't mean we can't point out little faults here and there - and Suarez just isn't as natural a finisher. Torres of old would have finished a lot of the chances he's had.

I'm not criticizing him as a player, he's so creative and valuable. Just need someone up there to complement his creativity, unfortunately Carroll isn't that guy right now. Hopefully he will be though, I still have faith in the guy unlike many.

Remember hearing the commentator say "He may be a more scorer of magnificent goals rather than a magnificent goal scorer," or something to that effect. Hope that isn't always the case.

Great way of putting it that. To be fair he's had a lot of brilliant saves on his shots as well, but he still does fluff a few too many. He's still got plenty of growth in him though, so I feel he's always learning with this years ups and downs so far.

Quick Reply