Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Maxi Rodriguez
      (3.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (1%)
      Sebastian Coates
      (21.4%)
      Martin Kelly
      (6.1%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (50.5%)
      Andy Carroll
      (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (15.8%)
      Jay Spearing
      (0%)
      Someone else
      (0.5%)

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Delight

Read 49272 times
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Re: Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #644: Nov 29, 2011 11:21:30 pm
      Excellent result again. We really are becoming a force to be wary of.

I think there's going to be a few worried clubs out there.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #645: Nov 29, 2011 11:25:32 pm
      Was that confident I had £50 on us as 4/1 and was double or quits for £200 with a mate!
      Money means nothing, results mean everything!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #646: Nov 29, 2011 11:35:27 pm
      fantastic result and very happy for the young lads that came in. coates, spearing and kelly all did very well. very happy for bellamy too, motm performance.

well done lads, excellent away win against a top side.
      Zebedee
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #647: Nov 29, 2011 11:37:44 pm
      great game ,great win lads! im gettin used to saying this after every game,but a job well done lads!pity about lucas,our pillar in the middle again,but get well lad,we need you! but overall ,proud of my boys and  LFC  in general,great job King Kenny!YNWA!!!!!
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #648: Nov 29, 2011 11:39:23 pm
      Not going to waste my breath on that gobs***e on the previous page, as I've had to read his absolute drivel before. I think the big man banged his lass or pissed in his cornflakes.

On a more positive note!

Great team performance all round, Kelly was fantastic, Carra solid as well, Coates showing the promise we knew he possessed, lucas again outstanding, Bellamy my MoTM, Maxi showing what he's good at yet again, Big man worked his socks off but is lacking that spark.

Overall fantastic performances over the past 3 games against two of the best clubs in the league. Onwards and upwards. IKWT.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #649: Nov 29, 2011 11:52:48 pm
      Sorry lads/lasses, not sure what the media's latest lazy analysis about us is - are we a one man or two man team these days - Gerrard and Suarez?

Thought they both had great games tonight.

;)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #650: Nov 30, 2011 12:00:30 am
      Sorry lads/lasses, not sure what the media's latest lazy analysis about us is - are we a one man or two man team these days - Gerrard and Suarez?

Thought they both had great games tonight.

;)

:D

It was funny on MOTD that thatch head could barely bring himself to say the name "Lucas" because he knows how wrong he is about the player.

It's almost like he hates us at times.

The point is, maybe people outside our club think they know our players, but in my experience they are usually wide of the mark, thanks to modern "journalism" and the slysports feeding frenzy.

"Popular" journalism is a by-product of how well a journo is looked after.

In other words, it's not about the football, it's about the perks.

I'm glad KK treats them with the contempt they deserve.

Further to that,
      the carling cup show on BBC must have different editors than MOTD, simply because they gave a fair representation of the game - well, fairer than motd anyway ;D
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #651: Nov 30, 2011 12:11:37 am

Excellent tactical setup by Kenny, and a great execution by the players ... Especially pleased with the performance of the younger players like Coates, Kelly, Spearing and Henderson ...
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #652: Nov 30, 2011 01:20:00 am
      No, I enjoy the moment with fellow supporters, and don't give a f**k what other fans are saying - I see enough of that sh*t on here, without going to another clubs forums and yukking it up.
      This is the match thread, if you want to laugh at chelski and trawl their forums, there's an appropriate thread for it.

Completely agree with this post. Why people feel the need to go browsing opponents forums after a game is beyond me. It has never interested me, i don't give a flying F**k about them.

We are Liverpool Football Club and we look out for our own.

Well done Redmen, missed the game due to working. Hope Lucas is ok?.

Congratulations to Maxi and Kelly for the goals and Bellamy for coming through his recent loss.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #653: Nov 30, 2011 01:26:10 am
      Completely agree with this post. Why people feel the need to go browsing opponents forums after a game is beyond me. It has never interested me, i don't give a flying F**k about them.

We are Liverpool Football Club and we look out for our own.

Well done Redmen, missed the game due to working. Hope Lucas is ok?.

Congratulations to Maxi and Kelly for the goals and Bellamy for coming through his recent loss.

I know it was harsh, but it was fair as well.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #654: Nov 30, 2011 01:38:55 am
      ;D, wtf.

Where were the Chelsea defenders when Henderson put Bellamy through and Maxi was super open in front of goal. I couldn't help but smile when Martin Kelly scored his first goal for the club. Made up for him!!

I've always liked Bellamy and wished he never left but I'm beginning to like him more and more. For a man at 32, he plays like he's 25.

Gutted for Andy he missed the penalty. Would have boosted him if he scored that but it was a poor penalty.

Now in the last four, hoping we'd get Cardiff or Crystal Palace (unlikely but ha!). I think it's an amazing turn around considering the last 2010 year where everything was so down in the dumps.

Kenny has made us a difficult team to beat but if we start taking our chances in the league, we'd be alright.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #655: Nov 30, 2011 01:41:33 am
      ;D, wtf.

Where were the Chelsea defenders when Henderson put Bellamy through and Maxi was super open in front of goal. I couldn't help but smile when Martin Kelly scored his first goal for the club. Made up for him!!

I've always liked Bellamy and wished he never left but I'm beginning to like him more and more. For a man at 32, he plays like he's 25.

Gutted for Andy he missed the penalty. Would have boosted him if he scored that but it was a poor penalty.

Now in the last four, hoping we'd get Cardiff or Crystal Palace (unlikely but ha!). I think it's an amazing turn around considering the last 2010 year where everything was so down in the dumps.

Kenny has made us a difficult team to beat but if we start taking our chances in the league, we'd be alright.

Their new manager is trying to get them to play a high line, which isn't easy for a team used to sitting back and playing on the counter.

Fat frank looks pretty clueless, and terry is deep in the sh*t because the police sent their file to the CPS, so the think they have enough evidence to get a conviction.

CPS = Crown Prosecution Service - they are the people who decide to prosecute the fluffy haired over gell using tw*t ;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #656: Nov 30, 2011 01:52:46 am
      But they look like they didn't bother to even get back to try to stop Maxi ;D

Torres' reaction when Kelly scored was priceless.
      KoPiTee
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 911 posts | 19 
      Reply #657: Nov 30, 2011 02:05:53 am
      Awesome performance tonight.
      Just got finished watching it on LFCTV and im so proud of our guys effort
      Bellamy was excellent along with Lucas .
      Bellamy got my MOTM ran his socks off,Lucas come a close 2nd .Hope it is not a serious injury.
      A big shout goes out to the Ref who made 2 crucial decisions that he got spot on ..
      Crowd were excellent tonight and they were rewarded with a great game
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #658: Nov 30, 2011 02:35:07 am
      Just arrived home amazing fans great touch with the speed chant, excellent team performance from players manager and everyone else involved this is what supporting Liverpool is about ;) pissed work is gonna suck ass tomorrow.. Anyone slating Andy needs to have a word

Oh I'm also 450 richer 150 at 3/1 easy money silly bookies

YNWA

Starting to think 66/1 for the title is overpriced hahaha might have a score on it

Good night god bless everyone.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #659: Nov 30, 2011 02:42:55 am
      Not long back myself, just watched the highlights, we totally bossed the game from start to finish!!Chavski were shockingly poor!!and we exposed them!!Well done Craig lad, fitting tribute to Gary Speed!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #660: Nov 30, 2011 03:07:41 am
      Was watching sport news and saw Bellars crying. Was that before, during or after the game?
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #661: Nov 30, 2011 03:38:10 am
      Well we have a club now which is playing for the shirt,everyone working together and playing for 90 minutes. I  hope we can win the carling cup because we are trying harder now. Craig Bellamy has to be the best bargain so far a free transfer considering his age he is a fantastic athelete.Everyone now seems very hungry to win, and believe king kenny is the one to lead us to great things this season. 
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #662: Nov 30, 2011 03:39:27 am
      Was watching sport news and saw Bellars crying. Was that before, during or after the game?

Before, mate.

During the minute's applause before the game.
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #663: Nov 30, 2011 03:46:54 am
      How well Coates played?
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #664: Nov 30, 2011 04:24:04 am
      Coates was very good. Made some pretty great tackles and was great in the air. The David Luiz yellow was probably a poor decision but he didn't make contact and Luiz definitely flopped. The official made the right call.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #665: Nov 30, 2011 04:37:53 am
      Wow. Since Kenny came in back in January (it feels like he's been back for years!) that was possibly the most inch perfect performance by the team yet. EVERY single player did so well. Despite missing a penalty Andy held the ball up unbelievably well. Was a key factor in our possession which was fantastic tonight. Coates was just unbelievable. Those clearance headers he gave of which there were many were unlike any I've seen for a very long time. He was incredible and I think we've got something secial in him. And what abot Craig Bellamy? Felt emotional myself seeing him play so soon after the devastating headlines. And he gave the performance of a career. It was a pure inspiration watching him tonight.

What a sublime victory. One I will savour for a good while. This one's for Gary Speed and his family.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #666: Nov 30, 2011 05:22:26 am
      The fact that we won over at Stamford Bridge for the 2nd time in nine days, says a lot.

We're starting to click as a team now and I'm very optimistic that we will kick on from here and even improve on the last 3 games performances.

Just about every player we used last night, gave a very account of themselves.

We're definitely heading in the right direction, it's there for everyone to see and it makes a me feel really good.  :)

Quick Reply