Trending Topics

Next match: Palace v LFC [Premier League] Sat 23rd Nov @ 3:00 pm
      Selhurst Park

Today is the 16th of November and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W9 D5 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Maxi Rodriguez
      (3.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (1%)
      Sebastian Coates
      (21.4%)
      Martin Kelly
      (6.1%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (50.5%)
      Andy Carroll
      (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (15.8%)
      Jay Spearing
      (0%)
      Someone else
      (0.5%)

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Delight

Read 32905 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 178 
      Re: Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #700: Nov 30, 2011 02:26:21 pm
      That Romeu lad looks like a decent player too, he was the only person in the Chelsea midfield actually trying to play.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 178 
      Reply #701: Nov 30, 2011 02:35:40 pm
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #702: Nov 30, 2011 02:59:53 pm
      bensmith_Times Ben Smith
      RT @sms_adrian Back from #LFC hotel in London ... Lucas thinks he will be out for 6 months. Knee scan tomorrow

Lets hope hes not a good judge on injuries
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #703: Nov 30, 2011 03:49:15 pm
      OH MY GOD!
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #704: Nov 30, 2011 04:33:45 pm
      Would like to say how pleased I am with Carroll's performance. Alright the penalty he hit wasn't the best, but he put himself about well, dropped deep to give support and his overall physical expression when he was playing made him look like he was really putting a shift in, especially when he ran to the ref to show the penalty was a penalty, fought like a dog to get the ball to take the penalty and celebrated with the two goals.

Keep it up Andy, you'll come good soon!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,568 posts | 3253 
      Reply #705: Nov 30, 2011 04:42:41 pm
      bensmith_Times Ben Smith
      RT @sms_adrian Back from #LFC hotel in London ... Lucas thinks he will be out for 6 months. Knee scan tomorrow

Lets hope hes not a good judge on injuries
      What a b***ard that would be, let's hope it isn't that serious.
      Would like to say how pleased I am with Carroll's performance. Alright the penalty he hit wasn't the best, but he put himself about well, dropped deep to give support and his overall physical expression when he was playing made him look like he was really putting a shift in, especially when he ran to the ref to show the penalty was a penalty, fought like a dog to get the ball to take the penalty and celebrated with the two goals.

Keep it up Andy, you'll come good soon!
      Always rated the lad and could see the potential in him - he's a workaholic and doesn't give up.
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,511 posts | 2015 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #706: Nov 30, 2011 04:48:43 pm
       BBC Sport's Phil McNulty on Twitter: "Rarely seen Fernando Torres so out of sorts as he was v Liverpool last night. Tame, forlorn, treated with contempt in physical challenges."

:lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,016 posts | 2558 
      Reply #707: Nov 30, 2011 05:06:33 pm
      Scuse me if I have missed something somewhere.

Why are the Scum playing their Carling game tonight?

(Draw is after it)
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,511 posts | 2015 
      Reply #708: Nov 30, 2011 05:14:23 pm
      Scuse me if I have missed something somewhere.

Why are the Scum playing their Carling game tonight?

(Draw is after it)

Where have you been?, come on!! It's an unwritten rule that the scum get the best draw possible, and their rivals get shafted

Thus they get the longest possible time to prepare for that mega team, Palace, i.e. 96 hours, and we get 48 hours.

so now you know. ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,016 posts | 2558 
      Reply #709: Nov 30, 2011 06:36:42 pm
      Exactly RP.

I was playing dumb.
      Of course they get the breaks. Just wanted to know as a 5 star scum hater if there was some genuine defendable reason they got 96 hrs against our 48.

I was stating the bleeding obvious. Are the staff of the FA putting money on them?

That just would'nt be cricket  ;D ... would it.

(Over the heads as usual)
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,511 posts | 2015 
      Reply #710: Nov 30, 2011 08:10:16 pm
      Exactly RP.

I was playing dumb.
      Of course they get the breaks. Just wanted to know as a 5 star scum hater if there was some genuine defendable reason they got 96 hrs against our 48.

I was stating the bleeding obvious. Are the staff of the FA putting money on them?

That just would'nt be cricket  ;D ... would it.

(Over the heads as usual)

I know you were just joshing. ;)

Off topic  :f_whistle: , but have you seen their team for tonight? Come on Palace.
      harrydunn08

• 5,275 posts | 674 
      Reply #711: Nov 30, 2011 09:41:48 pm
      I hate to say "I told you so" in these sort of circumstances, but I certainly did.  It is incredibly hard on a players body to compete in two demanding games inside 48 hours, and I was very worried about Lucas (along with Enrique and Hendo) being able to come through the match unscathed.  Personally, I would rather have lost to the Chavs and had Lucas fit for the rest of the season than to win last night and lose him as I believe that his absence could result in us dropping vital points in the race for the top 4 this season.....
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #712: Nov 30, 2011 09:44:31 pm
      It's not like his injury was due to wear and tear. It looks to be a freak one from a normal tackle. Don't think fatigue was a factor in the slightest. If he had pulled his hamstring or groin or something, then that's a different story.
      harrydunn08

• 5,275 posts | 674 
      Reply #713: Nov 30, 2011 09:46:29 pm
      It's not like his injury was due to wear and tear. It looks to be a freak one from a normal tackle. Don't think fatigue was a factor in the slightest. If he had pulled his hamstring or groin or something, then that's a different story.

When you are fatigued and your muscles are tired it puts more pressure/stress on the ligaments that link muscles to muscles and muscles to bone.  I'm not saying that it would not have happened had he been 100% fresh, but we should not have been risking such an important player, and that was my stance the entire time leading up to the game. 
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #714: Nov 30, 2011 10:16:20 pm
      When you are fatigued and your muscles are tired it puts more pressure/stress on the ligaments that link muscles to muscles and muscles to bone.  I'm not saying that it would not have happened had he been 100% fresh, but we should not have been risking such an important player, and that was my stance the entire time leading up to the game. 

Fair enough, doc :P I think risking our outfield players was a calculated risk, knowing the likelihood of us winning a trophy. Shame it happened, but I don't think this particular injury could be attributed to fatigue at all. He got it tackling Mata.

Now, if you want to blame Kenny and Commolli for not signing Mata, which led to Lucas' injury, now we're talking :D
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,508 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #715: Nov 30, 2011 10:22:11 pm
      Palace it is...my divnatory powers are getting annoying  ;D
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2011 10:56:58 pm by QuicoGalante »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,950 posts | 1891 
      Reply #716: Dec 01, 2011 12:00:58 am
      F***ing get in!

Thoroughly deserved. Dominated from the off really. Poor old Chelsea had no answer whatsoever for the men in Red. Delighted to see Martin Kelly get his first goal, was reading in the ECHO today about a bet he had with Jay Spearing on who'd score first for the first team - Marty won. Great opening goal as well, very nicely worked.

Obviously a bit sour with the Lucas injury but injuries happen in the game of football, hopefully there's a silver lining and that is somebody steps up and we become even better. Gotta try and take the positives out of a long term injury like this.

Was watching the highlights yesterday in our Sarah's (was having a party) and there were quite a few bitters not too happy. Me and the rest of the Reds were f**king jumping though - didn't know the result so were even happier. Carroll's missed pen caused mixed reactions around the house. Soon changed though with Maxi and Kelly hitting the back of the net.

Nice touch from the travelling Kop to sing for Gary Speed as Bellamy went off. Shows that despite him being an ex bitter and openly admitting to be a lifelong bitter fan, we as Reds can put that to one side at times like these.

Now City in the semi finals, after the way we played them off the park the other day I have no fears that we'll be going to Wembley. At least we're going to play a League Cup tie at Anfield this season, even if it is the last possible game before the final. Ah well, better late than never.

Still f**king smiling.

Now bring on their West-London neighbours on Monday so we can f**king tw*t them as well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,846 posts | 3435 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #717: Dec 01, 2011 12:53:02 am
      Watched the match in full last night, made the f**k up.

We were brilliant.

MOTM for me was young Seb. Outstanding match from the young fella, hope he gets more game time and hope he especially plays the semi against Citeh.

Special mention to the travelling Kopites. Absolutely amazing they were. Thought it was a home match but then realized it had to be away as our support at home isn't that good!

I have to also make mention of the disgust I felt when those classless plastic cu*ts were booing when Lucas was getting stretchered off. I knew they were arseholes from the time I visited SB but that was even more pathetic than when I was there.    :f_steam:

Sucked in Chavs, sucked in Torres and sucked in Raul.

On to the semis we go.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,546 posts | 173 
      Reply #718: Dec 01, 2011 08:10:21 am
      Can't watch the game and now waiting to download full match video, very glad we win with not our full first 11 (their also the same anyway :)). Really happy for Kelly's goal, that's great Kelly lad,  and wonder recently Maxi manage to score almost every game he played (I even think during the game with ManCity if Maxi start instead of Downing he might score for us at around 10 minute of the first half), well done Maxi.
      Now my friends who a Chelsea fans seem all afraid to talk with me about football, ha ha ha.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #719: Dec 01, 2011 08:16:36 am
      Back from the game...what a passionless ground Stamford Bridge is--- no passion from their supporters at all!

Loved the banner:
      Christmas is coming...
      Roddenberry
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,109 posts | 1645 
      Reply #720: Dec 01, 2011 08:42:06 am
      Back from the game...what a passionless ground Stamford Bridge is--- no passion from their supporters at all!

Loved the banner:
      Christmas is coming...

You didn't see the whole banner then....

Christmas is coming,  Lampard's getting fat
      Did you know John Terry's a racist tw*t
      If you haven't got a penny, AVB soon will do
      He's just another Chelsea boss, just passing through.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #721: Dec 01, 2011 09:35:31 am
      I saw the one...

Christmas Is Coming,
      Lampards Getting Fat,
      Torres is a ladyboy
      And Meireles is a tw*t
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,190 posts | 3950 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #722: Dec 01, 2011 06:55:01 pm
      Brilliant!! Twice in 10 days at their own ground!!!
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #723: Dec 01, 2011 10:27:21 pm
      Chelsea fans booed a player being stretchered off, while Liverpool fans chant the name of a former Everton player who has recently passed away.

Thats class :)
      GERNS

• 7,539 posts | 548 
      Reply #724: Dec 02, 2011 12:38:14 am
      Still grinning ear to ear 4 days later. I have a mate who's a rent boy fan, and every time we play them, whatever the outcome I give him some horrible stick. He hasn't got my number on his phone so he doesn't know who's sending the texts. It's been going on now for 3 years now, and he still sends text's back saying," I don't have your number on my phone, who are you?" He hasn't got the sense to phone the number to see who it is. The best bit is, 4 other mutual mates know what's going on, and nobody will tell him. What a f**king tw*t. Typical rent boy. I chuckle to myself every time a fixture is coming up. This last 2 weeks have been hilarious. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply