Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Maxi Rodriguez
      (3.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (1%)
      Sebastian Coates
      (21.4%)
      Martin Kelly
      (6.1%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (50.5%)
      Andy Carroll
      (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (15.8%)
      Jay Spearing
      (0%)
      Someone else
      (0.5%)

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Delight

Read 48699 times
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #667: Nov 30, 2011 05:42:17 am
      We're starting to look like a very, very good team. Sort our home form out against the sh*t teams, which shouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to improve, and we'll be looking forward to a lot of success in the future.

The hard work is starting to pay off.
      Raige
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #668: Nov 30, 2011 05:52:19 am
      Real difficulty deciding on my man of the match, I probably would've given it to Lucas again if he had played the full 90 (he was immense again today).

Was a difficult decision but I went for Coates, I thought he had a superb game and although I worried before the game about him and Carragher starting it worked out very well and he played brilliantly.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #669: Nov 30, 2011 06:09:32 am
      How great is it to see people arguing over who should be MOTM, long may it continue.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #670: Nov 30, 2011 06:34:10 am
       Unfortunately I have not seen the match or the goals so I cannot give an observation on it.What I can say though is I am delighted with the result and reading through the posts the way the lads set about winning the game.I am pleased to see young Coates played well and that augers well for the future.Well done Kenny and the MIGHTY REDS for making my day.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #671: Nov 30, 2011 07:12:53 am
      Wow, what a game! Kelly, Coates, Lucas, Bellamy, Carroll were all just f*cking awesome!

Hope Lucas won't be out for too long, we will need him! But it looked bad
      halofreak11789
      • Forum David Johnson

• 217 posts |
      Reply #672: Nov 30, 2011 07:26:21 am
      great game .. our players need a round of applause as well as the fans that travelled with them,  great stuff. Lets build on this and rack up some wins in the league.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #673: Nov 30, 2011 07:32:49 am
      Wow, what a game! Kelly, Coates, Lucas, Bellamy, Carroll were all just f*cking awesome!

Carroll...awesome? my four year old has a better first touch!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #674: Nov 30, 2011 07:36:55 am
      Lucas my MOTM, just shading Bellamy. Feel the game was in our hands for the front guys to go forward and do their thing largely down to how much Lucas had locked his sh*t down. F***ing awesome.

Highly enjoyable match to watch, we looked like a unit. Looked like Liverpool FC. Long may it continue!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #675: Nov 30, 2011 08:06:36 am
      Still buzzing after last night, another great away performance from the lads.

Coates was immense along with Lucas and Bellers. Great support from the travelling Kop (hope it came across the same via web / tv etc) and from our end I didnt hear the Chavs singing once.

Havent read the previous posts but hope Lucas is ok and nothing to serious? He's become as important to this team as Suarez or Stevie in recent months.

Credit to the lads who came in, credit to the lads who played their second game in three days and credit to us fans. ;D

Only slight gripe was pre-match there was a group of Americans taking photos of us singing our songs in the concourse, after singing Justice for the 96, one of them asked the other "Whats the 96 mean"  :mad: Shows we still have a lot of work to do in certain circles fellow Reds JFT96!!! YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #676: Nov 30, 2011 08:17:48 am
      Thought Kelly had a good game as well.

Two days between games, what this showed, is that we can now field a second team as we have some depth in our squad.

We're  really back.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #677: Nov 30, 2011 08:38:57 am
      What a difference a year makes.

This time last year (give or take a day) we stumbled to a defeat at Spurs with a squad good enough to do better. 

We consistently disappointed.  Managed by an idiot, owned by Cowboys, being suffocated by debt and deadwood on high wages.   

This team, this mongrel of Houllier, Rafa and Kenny, is going somewhere.

7 changes we made last night and still did them.  Still put out a good side.  Still dominated.  Yes, Chelsea made some changes too, but the spine - like ours, with (smirk) home advantage should of been good enough for them.

I don't know if it is in our DNA that we persistently under perform against the so called "lower teams" but I honestly believe we'll sort it out against Fulham.

Bring on the Mancs, we fear nobody.  I have ALWAYS wanted to see how we would perform against them in the CL or over two legs and we always got a very good Chelsea side...  They avoided us.

I think right now guys, we are the team to avoid in the League, League Cup and soon The FA Cup.

I can think of one match this season where we have been outplayed, Spurs away.  We just didn't turn up.  Ever since then we have been a force.  Somewhat unlucky, but nevertheless, a very good TEAM.  That's the difference

There has been bad moments the past 2 years but we are getting there. 

A huge thank you to John W Henry and the guys, they have invested wisely in both players and staff.  They have made the decisions WE as fans want to see.  I hate defeat but I will accept it if the club is at least trying.

I always have been a proud, Liverpool FC fan.  Now I'm honoured to support this team.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #678: Nov 30, 2011 08:57:24 am
      Had tears in my eyes when Kelly scored and was kissing the badge. Delighted for him.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #679: Nov 30, 2011 08:59:17 am
      What a performance,we bossed it from start to finish,loved it F***ing loved it,beating them tw*ts in there own backyard again:)oh and how sh*t was that treacherous tw*t???????wrong decision nando big time.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #680: Nov 30, 2011 09:00:39 am

Only slight gripe was pre-match there was a group of Americans taking photos of us singing our songs in the concourse, after singing Justice for the 96, one of them asked the other "Whats the 96 mean"  :mad: Shows we still have a lot of work to do in certain circles fellow Reds JFT96!!! YNWA
      Know what you're saying mate but in the context of our recently acquired American owners the lack of in depth knowledge concerning LFC is perhaps excusable.
      It could be compared conceivably to a supporter who has lived all their life in Liverpool and family tradition dictates they follow the path, to someone elsewhere in the country who is attracted by the team and the city and it's history. This in itself is quite an undertaking and as with most things knowledge comes with time and experience.
      One thing's for sure tho' when anyone delves deeper into the history of LFC they emerge a stronger, more dedicated supporter than ever.   
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #681: Nov 30, 2011 09:19:51 am
      Stamford Bridge has suddenly become a good hunting ground for us. :D

Very good performance yesterday. Lucas, Bellamy, Kelly were good but Coates surprised me positively. Great defensive work from him.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #682: Nov 30, 2011 09:46:19 am
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #683: Nov 30, 2011 09:48:12 am
      Have the utmost respect for Bellamy. It's never easy to play after what happened two days ago but he came away with a top, top performance,
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #684: Nov 30, 2011 09:49:48 am
      Stamford Bridge has suddenly become a good hunting ground for us. :D

I remember a couple years back when we couldn't score there to save our lives!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #685: Nov 30, 2011 09:51:03 am
      I remember a couple years back when we couldn't score there to save our lives!

We didn't score there for like 3 years or something I think!

Anyways, that tackle Lukaku made on Henderson wasn't pretty.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #686: Nov 30, 2011 10:05:16 am
      We're starting to look like a very, very good team. Sort our home form out against the sh*t teams, which shouldn't be the hardest thing in the world to improve, and we'll be looking forward to a lot of success in the future.

The hard work is starting to pay off.

What makes it even better is the lads look like they're enjoying every single minute.

Couldn't comein last night as I was incollege and avoiding any source of info about the match so I could watch the highlights and even they showed us to be soooo much better than them.

I can see us meeting Cardiff in the Semi's for some reason, not sure why.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #687: Nov 30, 2011 10:17:43 am
      Well done lads great result Lucas was Epic again fingers crossed its not too bad. 4th choice striker was brilliant again pity he couldnt have played against city if he had we would have smashed them too.
      Bring on City in the semi Utd in the final.
      IKWT.....
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #688: Nov 30, 2011 10:18:46 am
      Just want to make an honourable mention to Jay Spearing. Sometimes overlooked, but I thought he did brilliantly last night.

A very good player with a very big heart.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #689: Nov 30, 2011 10:53:30 am
      Great result, I watched the highlights and am loooking forward to watching the full 90 when i get back from work. We're in the semi's and suddenly Wembley is on the horizon for the first time in a long time!

Does anyone else get a bit sad (my anger has subsided a bit now) when they see Torres in a Chelsea shirt? It still looks completely wrong and I really wish he had the sense to stay and see what Kenny had in store for him at LFC.

Quick Reply