Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Maxi Rodriguez
      (3.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (1%)
      Sebastian Coates
      (21.4%)
      Martin Kelly
      (6.1%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (50.5%)
      Andy Carroll
      (1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (15.8%)
      Jay Spearing
      (0%)
      Someone else
      (0.5%)

Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Delight

Read 48702 times
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool - In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #713: Nov 30, 2011 10:16:20 pm
      When you are fatigued and your muscles are tired it puts more pressure/stress on the ligaments that link muscles to muscles and muscles to bone.  I'm not saying that it would not have happened had he been 100% fresh, but we should not have been risking such an important player, and that was my stance the entire time leading up to the game. 

Fair enough, doc :P I think risking our outfield players was a calculated risk, knowing the likelihood of us winning a trophy. Shame it happened, but I don't think this particular injury could be attributed to fatigue at all. He got it tackling Mata.

Now, if you want to blame Kenny and Commolli for not signing Mata, which led to Lucas' injury, now we're talking :D
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #714: Nov 30, 2011 10:22:11 pm
      Palace it is...my divnatory powers are getting annoying  ;D
      « Last Edit: Nov 30, 2011 10:56:58 pm by QuicoGalante »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #715: Dec 01, 2011 12:00:58 am
      F***ing get in!

Thoroughly deserved. Dominated from the off really. Poor old Chelsea had no answer whatsoever for the men in Red. Delighted to see Martin Kelly get his first goal, was reading in the ECHO today about a bet he had with Jay Spearing on who'd score first for the first team - Marty won. Great opening goal as well, very nicely worked.

Obviously a bit sour with the Lucas injury but injuries happen in the game of football, hopefully there's a silver lining and that is somebody steps up and we become even better. Gotta try and take the positives out of a long term injury like this.

Was watching the highlights yesterday in our Sarah's (was having a party) and there were quite a few bitters not too happy. Me and the rest of the Reds were F***ing jumping though - didn't know the result so were even happier. Carroll's missed pen caused mixed reactions around the house. Soon changed though with Maxi and Kelly hitting the back of the net.

Nice touch from the travelling Kop to sing for Gary Speed as Bellamy went off. Shows that despite him being an ex bitter and openly admitting to be a lifelong bitter fan, we as Reds can put that to one side at times like these.

Now City in the semi finals, after the way we played them off the park the other day I have no fears that we'll be going to Wembley. At least we're going to play a League Cup tie at Anfield this season, even if it is the last possible game before the final. Ah well, better late than never.

Still F***ing smiling.

Now bring on their West-London neighbours on Monday so we can F***ing tw*t them as well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #716: Dec 01, 2011 12:53:02 am
      Watched the match in full last night, made the F**k up.

We were brilliant.

MOTM for me was young Seb. Outstanding match from the young fella, hope he gets more game time and hope he especially plays the semi against Citeh.

Special mention to the travelling Kopites. Absolutely amazing they were. Thought it was a home match but then realized it had to be away as our support at home isn't that good!

I have to also make mention of the disgust I felt when those classless plastic cu*ts were booing when Lucas was getting stretchered off. I knew they were arseholes from the time I visited SB but that was even more pathetic than when I was there.    :f_steam:

Sucked in Chavs, sucked in Torres and sucked in Raul.

On to the semis we go.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #717: Dec 01, 2011 08:10:21 am
      Can't watch the game and now waiting to download full match video, very glad we win with not our full first 11 (their also the same anyway :)). Really happy for Kelly's goal, that's great Kelly lad,  and wonder recently Maxi manage to score almost every game he played (I even think during the game with ManCity if Maxi start instead of Downing he might score for us at around 10 minute of the first half), well done Maxi.
      Now my friends who a Chelsea fans seem all afraid to talk with me about football, ha ha ha.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #718: Dec 01, 2011 08:16:36 am
      Back from the game...what a passionless ground Stamford Bridge is--- no passion from their supporters at all!

Loved the banner:
      Christmas is coming...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #719: Dec 01, 2011 08:42:06 am
      Back from the game...what a passionless ground Stamford Bridge is--- no passion from their supporters at all!

Loved the banner:
      Christmas is coming...

You didn't see the whole banner then....

Christmas is coming,  Lampard's getting fat
      Did you know John Terry's a racist tw*t
      If you haven't got a penny, AVB soon will do
      He's just another Chelsea boss, just passing through.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #720: Dec 01, 2011 09:35:31 am
      I saw the one...

Christmas Is Coming,
      Lampards Getting Fat,
      Torres is a ladyboy
      And Meireles is a tw*t
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #721: Dec 01, 2011 06:55:01 pm
      Brilliant!! Twice in 10 days at their own ground!!!
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #722: Dec 01, 2011 10:27:21 pm
      Chelsea fans booed a player being stretchered off, while Liverpool fans chant the name of a former Everton player who has recently passed away.

Thats class :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #723: Dec 02, 2011 12:38:14 am
      Still grinning ear to ear 4 days later. I have a mate who's a rent boy fan, and every time we play them, whatever the outcome I give him some horrible stick. He hasn't got my number on his phone so he doesn't know who's sending the texts. It's been going on now for 3 years now, and he still sends text's back saying," I don't have your number on my phone, who are you?" He hasn't got the sense to phone the number to see who it is. The best bit is, 4 other mutual mates know what's going on, and nobody will tell him. What a F***ing tw*t. Typical rent boy. I chuckle to myself every time a fixture is coming up. This last 2 weeks have been hilarious. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #724: Dec 02, 2011 02:44:23 am
      ;D, did anyone see the part where Bellamy like back heeled the ball and I think it went to Enrique through Torres' legs.

Amazing, the team that started ..

Coates, 21.
      Kelly, 21.
      Henderson, 21.
      Carroll, 22.
      Spearing, 23.
      Lucas, 24.
      « Last Edit: Dec 02, 2011 03:10:49 am by Adryan »
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #725: Dec 02, 2011 07:25:30 am
      Still grinning ear to ear 4 days later. I have a mate who's a rent boy fan, and every time we play them, whatever the outcome I give him some horrible stick. He hasn't got my number on his phone so he doesn't know who's sending the texts. It's been going on now for 3 years now, and he still sends text's back saying," I don't have your number on my phone, who are you?" He hasn't got the sense to phone the number to see who it is. The best bit is, 4 other mutual mates know what's going on, and nobody will tell him. What a f**king tw*t. Typical rent boy. I chuckle to myself every time a fixture is coming up. This last 2 weeks have been hilarious. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It made me chuckle.   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #726: Dec 06, 2011 02:30:56 am
      Martin Kelly get his first goal, was reading in the ECHO today about a bet he had with Jay Spearing on who'd score first for the first team - Marty won. Great opening goal as well, very nicely worked.

Spearing gets his revenge.

If it's not showing up for you, link is here: http://yfrog.com/odyculxj

Quick Reply