Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Pre Match Thread: Fulham Vs. Liverpool 5 Dec 2011

Read 12755 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Pre Match Thread: Fulham Vs. Liverpool 5 Dec 2011
      Reply #69: Dec 05, 2011 02:16:09 am
      Looking forward to the game, pressure certainly on a bit after the w/e results. Must win is too strong but I can see us winning considering our away form so far and the poor form of Fulham, most importantly we need to press high and play with a high tempo and impose our game on them. Interesting to see who comes in for Lucas (YNWA), for me I'd start with:

Reina
      Johnson    Skrtel               Coates      Enrique

Agger     Adam

Kuyt              Bellamy         Rodriguez

Suarez

Think the movement would be too much for Fulham to handle.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #70: Dec 05, 2011 02:20:01 am
      I would go with that but Agger at Coates' place and Spearing at Agger's place.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #71: Dec 05, 2011 08:40:02 am
      Sorry to be a damp patch but I think this will be a draw 1-1. I hope I am totally wrong and the reds dump at least 5 on Fulham :).

After the hurrah again Chavs and Citeh, we (our players) will not be so up for this match. That is our problem - we play great again top 5 teams but not against all other cr@p teams.

I won't be able to watch the match unfortunately :(.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #72: Dec 05, 2011 08:47:20 am
      Been thinking, I'd like to see.....

Reina

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Enrique

Henderson
      Adam

Bellamy
      Suarez
      Maxi

Carroll.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #73: Dec 05, 2011 09:15:56 am
      Maxi first scorer, 5-2 to us is 900-1 this time around.

Maxi anytime at 16/5 is a good bet too.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,788 posts | 574 
      Reply #74: Dec 05, 2011 09:36:12 am
      Bellamy starts - we win. Bring Andy on second half, go at them, they are low on confidence.

Pepe
      Johnson Agger Skrtel Enrique
      Kuyt  Spearing Adam  Maxi
              Bellamy   Luis

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #75: Dec 05, 2011 09:54:42 am
      Looking forward to watching the game, although I hate Monday night football  :mad: Badminton night, but I will miss it to watch the Redmen, so we better win  :D

A repeat of last season's scoreline will do me, although any win will suffice. 2-1 to us, be interesting to see who Kenny plays with no Lucas  :f_wah:

Mick, have a great time with your lad and enjoy.

Come on you reds !!

Can't wait luv and the little fella is absolutely buzzing. He's got all his gear already laid out, what he's wearing etc so he can just jump into it when he gets home from school. I think we'll be in the ground by about 6.30, last year he got Soto's autograph and he is gunning for something similar. He's told the Mrs he only wants a small dinner so he can have two hot dogs (God knows why there were flippin' horrible last year).   

Lots of Fulham get in the pub (nice lads too TBF) and they would bite your hand off for a draw. They really rate this Djembele big style down there, one to to watch tonight. Particularly as the word is that he mainly does it at Home and against the bigger sides (looking for a move).
      PaintingTheTownRed
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #76: Dec 05, 2011 10:09:43 am
      We've had some great games away to Fulham in recent history, last season and the dress rehearsal for Istanbul in 04/05 spring to mind. As entertaining as those games were though, I'd love us to keep it really tight and keep our defensive run going. I'd love a 0-2 win, with goals from players who need a bit of a confidence boost (Carroll and Kuyt would be cracking).

Also, wonder if Stevie will be on the bench tonight?
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #77: Dec 05, 2011 10:11:56 am
      Bellamy has to start this game hes been unreal for us the last few games. Hes been our main threat so he must start.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #78: Dec 05, 2011 10:14:34 am
      Will be interesting to see how we line up in midfield with out best 2 midfielders out injured.

Charlie Adam now has more responsibility from now til May than he ever has and probably ever will do.

2 players who have to start for me, are Maxi and Craig Bellamy. I'd also pick Henderson above Kuyt right now.

Reina

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Enrique

Henderson
      Adam
      Spearing
      Maxi

Bellamy
      Suarez

Not in a simple 4-4-2 though, more like Maxi, Bellamy and Suarez playing in triangle. However they all play best playing off the front man, so it might be best to start Carroll and Suarez (and then either Bellamy or Maxi)

Looking forward to this game, it will be a big test for 2 reasons I think:

1. Getting used to playing without Lucas, a player who has been first choice outfield player for so so long.
      2. It's a step back down from our last 3 games against Chelsea, City and Chelsea again.

We've done well in London over the past 2 seasons (minus at white hart lane), so I'm going to say a win. 0-3
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #79: Dec 05, 2011 10:39:00 am
      I wouldn't like to speculate on the line up but I can see us trying to play around and behind an experienced centre-half pairing so... possibly a case for three up front with the 'wide' players tucking in to give room for Enrique and Johnson to play higher.

This could be a tight one - simply because Jol will have them up for it and, like us, they tend to draw more than they win, at home. Still, having said that, I don't fear them in an attacking sense so I believe we will win.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #80: Dec 05, 2011 11:04:54 am
      I disagree.  I think they have a pretty decent attack.  Having said that I still think we got enough fire power for the win.  Long time since I watched Monday night footie. 1.45am set my alarm than ready to rock n' roll.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #81: Dec 05, 2011 11:17:50 am
      Clean sheet and a couple of Suarez goals please.
      Otherwise the hatchet is coming out in FF.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #82: Dec 05, 2011 11:39:15 am
      Anyone saying start Carroll is paying no attention our last game against them. We beat them with pace and movement. Hangleland would comfortably deal with Carroll in the air. Id pick three out of Bellamy Suarez Maxi and Kuyt
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #83: Dec 05, 2011 11:44:59 am
      We have enough firepower to beat anyone, we showed that against the big teams this season. Fulham are a tricky team though and I fear it could be a banana skin. They've drawn against Chelsea and City but lost against Everton and Tottenham, but then put 6 past QPR, strange form.

I wouldn't play Caroll for tactical reasons, I'd go with a 3-5-1 formation purely because they like to attack at home so we need to get control over the midfield to stop their passing game. Every game is tough but this is tougher then their league position suggests.

Still, our form has been getting more and more consisten as the season goes on and I'm optimistic. Hard fough 2-1 win for us
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #84: Dec 05, 2011 11:49:17 am
      I wouldn't play Caroll for tactical reasons, I'd go with a 3-5-1 formation

Dropping Carroll, fair enough that's your opinion. But playing with 10 men, that sh*t's just crazy!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #85: Dec 05, 2011 11:56:37 am
      Can't wait luv and the little fella is absolutely buzzing. He's got all his gear already laid out, what he's wearing etc so he can just jump into it when he gets home from school. I think we'll be in the ground by about 6.30, last year he got Soto's autograph and he is gunning for something similar. He's told the Mrs he only wants a small dinner so he can have two hot dogs (God knows why there were flippin' horrible last year).   

Lots of Fulham get in the pub (nice lads too TBF) and they would bite your hand off for a draw. They really rate this Djembele big style down there, one to to watch tonight. Particularly as the word is that he mainly does it at Home and against the bigger sides (looking for a move).

I love it when kids get so excited about going to a game, after all they are the future and need to be encouraged, so I hope he has a brilliant time and gets the odd autograph or two, look out for Alan Kennedy too, he seems to be following the REDS away from home, saw him at Stoke for the League cup game.

I have a lot of time for Fulham, think they are a decent team, but I hope we stick a few pass them tonight.

Looking forward to watching the match tonight.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #86: Dec 05, 2011 11:56:41 am
      Ya not a big fan of Carroll myself but would prefer to start with him in the team then with ten men
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #87: Dec 05, 2011 12:03:25 pm
      The Elephant in the room is who is going to score our goals as our "TOP" scorer has 4 league goals. I~f we do not use Andy Carrol and let him find his form what is the point in having him.
      We need a striker who will score 20+ league goals or we will always struggle to get in the top 4. Its our biggest dilema we are solid and difficult to beat but we are way down on goals scored.
      Surely its time to give Andy a go and if he hasn't done anything come Jan we know we have to spend money .I really think he could do it if he gets a few goals and confidence and tonight would be the perfect time to score a hatrick.
      Pressure is on tonight a good win takes us into 5th place nicely tucked in behind Chelsea so I am going for a 4-1 win.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #88: Dec 05, 2011 12:19:21 pm
      Sorry it is not what is best for Carroll but what is best for the club. Fulham defence is suspectable to pace and movement not height watched Hangleland comfortablely deal with one of our targets Luuk de jong a target man. I would be thinking jol would prefer Carroll to start tonight can't see Kenny starting him though
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #89: Dec 05, 2011 12:40:40 pm
      They will probably park the bus and we will have to be creative and open there defense. still think the difference will be by one goal.But three points is very neccessary as we must start climbing the table now. Play 90 minutes and we will be okay no easy games in the EPL.Bellamy is amazing and think he will be onin the goals,but then again most of our players have upped there game now. the inconsistancy has seem to have left us now.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #90: Dec 05, 2011 01:00:28 pm
      Dropping Carroll, fair enough that's your opinion. But playing with 10 men, that sh*t's just crazy!

;D good point, i meant 3-5-1-1 :)

pepe
                  carra            skrtl              agger

johnson                                              enrique   
                   speraring      adam     downing

bellamy
                                     suarez
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #91: Dec 05, 2011 01:02:16 pm
      Play at a high tempo, execute counter attacks swiftly, score early, and that should do.

Quick Reply