Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (7.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (26.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (9.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (5.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (18.3%)
      Jay Spearing
      (3.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      (14.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      (4.6%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (9.2%)
      Andy Carroll
      (1.5%)

Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment

Read 45007 times
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #713: Dec 06, 2011 09:38:05 am
      Just so disapointed.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #714: Dec 06, 2011 09:50:40 am
      How the F**k did Bellamy get booked for that?
      And more to the point, how did Dempsey stay on?

Very frustrating and nothing will now be done about it
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #715: Dec 06, 2011 10:04:22 am
      Could there be a remote possibility that officials have a more biased agenda when there is the underdog ingredient?

Except when the Scum play Stu.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #716: Dec 06, 2011 10:09:59 am
      Suarez is an utter idiot giving the fans the finger... utter idiot. He gets paid £70-80k per week and is in hot water because of a "racism allegation" and then goes and does that...The FA Will throw the book at him now.

As for last night - we just seem a poorer side when Carroll plays. We need an out and out goalscorer.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #717: Dec 06, 2011 10:21:53 am
      Suarez is an utter idiot giving the fans the finger... utter idiot. He gets paid £70-80k per week and is in hot water because of a "racism allegation" and then goes and does that...The FA Will throw the book at him now.

As for last night - we just seem a poorer side when Carroll plays. We need an out and out goalscorer.

What does his pay have to do with it? I'd still give the finger to some c**t giving me sh*t whether I was on 10k a year or 200k a year. He's still human. I agree that he needs to try and contain it, but give him a break. He's getting a hell of a smear campaign against him here and the last thing he needs is the same sh*t from his own fans.

Disappointing result anyways, haven't had a chance to watch properly as I was in my final exams for the term when the match was on. From the sounds of it (followed the match on twitter) we got quite unlucky. Still, need to start getting clinical!

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #718: Dec 06, 2011 10:22:21 am
      Or will they?

Like one of the Sly Sports tabloid pundits said, I find it amazing how you can be subjected to abuse for 90 minutes, with no protection from it, and not be able to fight back as it were.

Banter, passion, it's part of the game.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #719: Dec 06, 2011 10:22:47 am
      A few thoughts from being at the game:

Most players in the Prem would have gone down if they were Bellamy, and then the ref would surely had to have sent Dempsey off. I'm not necessarily saying he should have, but our little fella gets loads of stick in the media and I wonder over the coming days whether he will get any praise for keeping Dempsey on the pitch, or at least giving the ref an opportunity to do so.

Luis goes to ground too easily too often. I know it won't make me popular to say that, and I don't say it as a way of having a go at him, I just think he limits his effectiveness by crying wolf too much in a match. This is particularly the case away from home, where the crowd reaction can put the ref in a situation where he isn't going to give our man anything. Last night he was fouled a couple of times in the second half but wasn't going to get it as the pattern had been established in the game. The penalty claim against Hangalund was a classic example.

Charlie Adam had a decent game, but is going to need to take far more responsibility while he hasn't got Lucas alongside him (unless Gerrard plays). It was unreasonable to expect Spearing to come in after such a long absense and be capable of compltely filling the void, and he should have sat in more. This is particularly the case as we had plenty of attacking options on the pitch.

Jose Enrique is the best left-back we've had at the club for many a year.

If we are going to play Andy Carroll, then we must get someone closer to him when he hit him from distance. Too often he is isolated and any flicks and knockdowns are wasted.

On the subject of Carroll, his partnership with Suarez looks at this stage to be a non-starter, null and void. They don't work off each other at all, don't hunt together, and my guess from watching Suarez a few times now is that he'll always be better with a Beardsley type who sits in behind and off him. In that respect, he is similar to Torres was in his prime.

Lastly on Carroll, he is a far better player than he currently looks. If Suarez was to get an eight game ban from the FA Kangaroo racism court, my guess is that when playing as the actual focus, he would do a more than decent job. The problem is, when Suarez plays and is the focus (rightly because he's the better player) it causes us to play in a manner which doesn't suit the big lad.

The crowd were excellent, there was a new Lucas song which took a while to get going but was a goodie.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #720: Dec 06, 2011 10:26:40 am
      What are u basing the last bit on mick.  Agree with other parts of your post
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #721: Dec 06, 2011 10:31:14 am
      What are u basing the last bit on mick.  Agree with other parts of your post

Erm, my ears and my eyes. Our crowd were loud and really got behind the team, and there was a good song about Lucas.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #722: Dec 06, 2011 10:36:29 am
      Good post for me that Mick. Pretty much summed it up for me. What was the Lucas song by the way?

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #723: Dec 06, 2011 11:09:31 am
      He did get a yellow card.

Thought Bellamy did well not to knock the turd out.

i must have missed it when i had my eyes closed and blowing steam out of my ears.

we are having a hard time with referees this season and how many world class saves have thwarted us this season? but have to look at it objectively and say the responsibilities always start with us. we're not scoring enough, we all know this. the 35m spent on andy caroll is only not being laughed at in the papers daily because there is a bigger elephant in chelsea corridors.

i would think that kenny's thinking long term, as he always does, and is prepared to soak up short term preassure/criticism in order to gain long term success from andy. have to ask though, are the bad performances making things worse for him? does he need a prolonged period as a sub to get him fighting for place again?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #724: Dec 06, 2011 11:12:17 am
      Its easy to judge a striker, goals per game avg its always been the same way to measure a strikers effectiveness.We are not scoring enough goals end of story.What we do about it is another question we have probably hit the woodwork more than we have scored is it just bad luck or poor finishing?.I hope Kenny lays the law down and maybe its time for some of the younger stikers to get a sniff or come January we need to think very hard about the type of player we need.At the moment we will slip away from any chance of top 4.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #725: Dec 06, 2011 11:15:01 am

Erm, my ears and my eyes. Our crowd were loud and really got behind the team, and there was a good song about Lucas.
      If you could sum up our team in one word Mick what would you say having witnessed the team play last night.Its always a different perspective watching a team live compared to the TV.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #726: Dec 06, 2011 11:35:14 am
      Frustrating night which showed up the strengths and the weaknesses of the team. 17 goals in 14 games says a lot. As for the ref, boy he was bad, surprised no one mentioned that just after Jay got sent off Senderos ran behind Carroll and pulled him back off the ball and right in front of the ref but didn't give him his second yellow. As for Luis he needs to calm down a bit, having seen a lot of him in Holland as well when he gets really wound up his performance tends to dip.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #727: Dec 06, 2011 11:49:21 am
      Pretty sure Corbally was on about the Carroll comments and not the crowd Mick.

With regards Suarez reaction to the crowd, I'd agree he has to watch his actions because he's paid to set an example and not rise to such constant barracking. He does take an awful lot of stick from the crowds and the refs also, yes he goes to ground easily and I'm not completely against that if there is a foul as it stops people getting away with it as was the case with Dempsey and the headbutt. To be honest though from what I saw the ref could see the Dempsey headbutt all day and just didn't want to send him off for what clearly was violent conduct. Suarez had many decisions go against him and the crowd on his back shouting cheater for a long time and still got no change from the ref so I can understand his frustrations but he does have to just bottle it and learn to use it as motivation, not easy when you're as firey as he is and may be something we'll have to live with.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #728: Dec 06, 2011 11:53:33 am
      As some mentioned rightly, we can't control the bloody ref decisions but we can certainly control and dictate the way we play. In this game, we simply do not have enough bodies inside the opposition box when we are on the attack. Most of the time we only have 2 players inside their box trying to out muscle 5 defenders, that's a very big ask and what's the point? If we look at Chelkski, scums and Citeh they have at least 3 and on most occassions 4 players inside the opposition box at any one time they attack. That's the diffrence in the end result between the number of goals they scored against our total. We need to start putting more bodies forward if we want to wallop these lesser teams. Scoring early would also help us as it would force the opposiion to open up the game. I'm not sure whether we are getting the best out of Bellers by putting him on the wing. He needs to be in the middle of the field and inside the box to create havoc and to score goals. Time to really change our game plan.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #729: Dec 06, 2011 11:54:31 am

Muscle spasm in his middle finger.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #730: Dec 06, 2011 11:56:38 am

Muscle spasm in his middle finger.
      No doubt it will be shown on a endless loop on SSN for the next few days.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #731: Dec 06, 2011 12:19:41 pm
      No doubt it will be shown on a endless loop on SSN for the next few days.

Complete with the blurring out of his finger!!
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #732: Dec 06, 2011 12:23:09 pm
      Complete with the blurring out of his finger!!

talking of bad behaviour, has terry been jailed yet? no? didn't think so
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8549 
      Reply #733: Dec 06, 2011 12:27:10 pm
      talking of bad behaviour, has terry been jailed yet? no? didn't think so

But he's captain of England, which apparently is a get out of jail free card.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #734: Dec 06, 2011 12:48:29 pm
      I believe the reasoning behind not playing Maxi is because he's on his way at the end of the year and Kenny wants to build a team for now and in the future so he's hoping the guys who are gonna be at the club for a long time can develop a partnership and understanding with team-mates which will see us develop into a true force quicker.

Is that a fact? Sorry, I don't buy that. Then why did Maxi play against the Chavs?

He (Maxi) is still on the LFC books and should be played when we need him. Yesterday, he could have played last 30 minutes.

I am not a journalist but someone has to ask him that question (Why Maxi doesn't play even after scoring the goals?) since I like to hear from the King his reasons. Yesterday, was crying out for Maxi to come on.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #735: Dec 06, 2011 12:55:10 pm
       I  think he was showing them a snot he just picked. Heard it is tradition in Uruguay  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply