Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (7.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (26.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (9.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (5.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (18.3%)
      Jay Spearing
      (3.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      (14.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      (4.6%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (9.2%)
      Andy Carroll
      (1.5%)

Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment

Read 44503 times
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #736: Dec 06, 2011 12:56:25 pm
      I  think he was showing them a snot he just picked. Heard it is tradition in Uruguay  :f_whistle:

Sort of like a traditional Cameroonian grass eating celebration, right?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #737: Dec 06, 2011 12:59:06 pm
      Ya exact same one Vitez. Pity he used that finger prob doesn't understand what it means in britain.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #738: Dec 06, 2011 01:10:53 pm

Muscle spasm in his middle finger.
      Don't think predicting the final score is a hanging offense.
      This all goes back to Ferguson publicly slagging him off and not a thing was done about it.Everywhere he goes now he gets the same cheat chant.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #739: Dec 06, 2011 01:12:01 pm
      I am not a journalist but someone has to ask him that question (Why Maxi doesn't play even after scoring the goals?) since I like to hear from the King his reasons. Yesterday, was crying out for Maxi to come on.

The king would tell said journo, stay out of our business!!
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #740: Dec 06, 2011 02:07:40 pm
      i think we got win all our games till man city away game in january only hard game is aston villa away i mean we cant beat wigan away newcastle at home and we cant beat QPR at home then we just say goodby to 4 spot
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #741: Dec 06, 2011 02:09:02 pm
      Don't think predicting the final score is a hanging offense.
      This all goes back to Ferguson publicly slagging him off and not a thing was done about it.Everywhere he goes now he gets the same cheat chant.

too right, how often do u see a manager publicly attack another player? the man has no class, a truly despicable individual. everyone raves on about him being the master of "mind games", but if it was another manager, they'd be lambasted for not concentrating on football and slander. words cannot describe how much i truly despise the man and everything he stands for.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #742: Dec 06, 2011 02:21:18 pm
      Deflated to say the least when are we going to get a break. We should have had the game well sewn up by the time (fulhams) friend decided to send Jay off fot winning the ball.
      Agree with bigmick Suarez & Carroll just isnt the answer we need to start scoring goals & quickly.
      Though the fans were awesome again last night fair play to them.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #743: Dec 06, 2011 02:35:34 pm
      Thought we played well last night without being brilliant, well enough to have won 3pts, but,its becoming increasingly clear that we need a fox in the box type player to bag all the missing chances we are creating,

Suarez's goal was a goal no doubt about it, but it was close and when it happens in real time i can understand why the lino flagged, there were many incidents during the game including Senderos should have had 2 yellows, and Dempsey should have been red carded for the headbutt on Bellers, even tho it was mimimal contact the intent was there, the same intent that Spearo used to win that ball, and he did win it, all this sh*te about stopping dead as soon as contact with ball has happened, what the F**k is that all about, whats he supposed to do ?,

the Ref was a f***in joke and not capable to ref a non-league match never mind a EPL fixture, if the likes of him are the future arbiters of football then we really are f***in doomed and i'm gonna start watching netball,

we were always going to miss Lucas, because he has been our main man for the last 2-3 seasons in that position, Spearing although not brilliant did a decent job of it before the ref lost it, it was once again very frustrating creating chances and not taking them, Carrolls shot straight at the keeper, Jordan hitting the post, Suarez dodgy offside, and why the F**k didn't Adam slot in Bellers is beyond me, Hangeland Obstructing Suarez was another incident which should have led to a pen,

Although Fulham had a few chances none were real clear cut until after the red card, i think Jol's tactics were to have Dempsey sit in the hole because we would be weaker without Lucas, and it almost worked 2-3 times, somehow i dont think the Suarez/Carroll pairing up front is happening, maybe they just need more time to try and understand one another postionally, i dont know, but we really need something to happen real soon,

it really is a b***ard because we are creating the chances, i would worry more if we weren't, so i think we need someone like Defoe who will get the goals we so desperately need, i can hear all the doubters saying he's to old or we dont want a Spuds bench player, but hey, he ticks all the boxes for me, another player who would have been ideal would be Forlan, although only for a season or 2, both are proven scorers and would suit our type of play,

last night was a blip,no doubt about it, but we can bounce back, and we will, i'm as gutted as anyone but sometimes you have to just clench your teeth and swear at the missus or whatever to release the pressure, tomorrow's another day as they say( don't know who'they'are tho), we have QPR up next more London opposition  :roll:, we keep saying it but someones gonna get a battering, i wonder, could it be ???

IKWT    YNWA
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #744: Dec 06, 2011 04:31:22 pm
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #745: Dec 06, 2011 04:40:24 pm
      Still hugely frustrated. I had to go to bed last night after that game to calm my temper down - hats off to all the reds who traveled down and had tio endure that journey back up here.

Dominated for huge periods but can't get the ball in the net. It has become something of a theme it seems this season. But we're in a transition and I still believe it won't be long until we're a force who score goals regularly.

I think we suffered from not having full commitment around the edge of our box from the defenders and the midfield. We stood off a bit too easily at times and Johnson should never allowed an aging Danny Murphy get round him for a shot on goal. A brief moment of casualness can cost you dearly sometimes.

Apart from that I don't have much to moan about.

Have to say, Fulham deserve credit for how they defended.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #746: Dec 06, 2011 05:12:05 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16043901.stm

First posted on the Telegraph early this morning with full finger.
      BBC redacted. FFS.
      Dont get me started on the BBC CeeBeebies multi cultural pc messages to our littlies.
       :f_steam:

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #747: Dec 06, 2011 05:17:36 pm
      Scandalous decisions aside.

We could and should have been clear by a good few goals at half time. We cannot keep letting sh*te teams off the hook like that.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #748: Dec 06, 2011 05:21:48 pm
      Still hugely frustrated. I had to go to bed last night after that game to calm my temper down - hats off to all the reds who traveled down and had tio endure that journey back up here.

Dominated for huge periods but can't get the ball in the net. It has become something of a theme it seems this season. But we're in a transition and I still believe it won't be long until we're a force who score goals regularly.

I think we suffered from not having full commitment around the edge of our box from the defenders and the midfield. We stood off a bit too easily at times and Johnson should never allowed an aging Danny Murphy get round him for a shot on goal. A brief moment of casualness can cost you dearly sometimes.

Apart from that I don't have much to moan about.

Have to say, Fulham deserve credit for how they defended.

I agree. This is what I have noticed this season. Every game, if you look at our attack we would probably have 3 LFC players at most (normally it is 2)  in the box including the 1 with the ball. I think (admittedly I don't know much about football) our midfield are very slow in help the forwards.

What I do like about us this season is that we are creating lots and lots of chances in each game, i.e. it is a pleasure to watch our beloved compared to last year where I stopped watching LFC. Previously, we struggled to create even chances under certain manager I won't mention. Also, we have been really unlucky in hitting the woodwork so often and the ball rocheting away. We need someone to put these away, I can't see anyone in the team doing that at the moment so perhaps we may have to buy a striker in January (if we want to qualify for CL).
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #749: Dec 06, 2011 05:22:42 pm
      Its all about the finger  what about that c**t Dempsey shoving his head in Bellamy,s face  should have fcking walked for that  alone ,am still fuming and could cheerfully strangle that c**t of a ref last night , i dont like to blame them but for fcks sake we was never going to get a decision last night , no matter what we done ,and them biased cu*ts at the beeb  ,think we should do a fergie and snub the bas**rds for ten years , ok rant over just feel shitty after last nights debacle.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #750: Dec 06, 2011 05:25:41 pm
      I randomly picked Jose Enrique as my MOTM just because I wanted to see the results of the poll. Funnily Enrique is winning the poll so far. I'm such a football genius.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #751: Dec 06, 2011 05:37:51 pm
      We are playing much better football now, look more solid defensivley, have more width, better midfield and have options up front. We have a great squad.....so why are we still a soft touch?

Because Kenny has only been here for just under a year, he has got us playing football again, nobody can say out of all the games we have played this season that we are sh*te, which we have been for the previous 2 seasons.  The goals, the glory will come. It's still frustrating and I wouldn't bank on us getting into Europe, but as long as we keep Kenny we will get better and better without a doubt.

We have to have patience.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #752: Dec 06, 2011 05:38:18 pm
      What I do like about us this season is that we are creating lots and lots of chances in each game, i.e. it is a pleasure to watch our beloved compared to last year where I stopped watching LFC.

Tut tut.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #753: Dec 06, 2011 07:32:28 pm
      We have to stop saying that we miss Lucas. I totally agree that he is a big loss however we dont have him until next season so we have to get use to life without him.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #754: Dec 06, 2011 07:41:20 pm
      Lucas wasnt the problem last night as he again has a poor scoring record. its goals goals and more goals we need
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #755: Dec 06, 2011 07:42:57 pm
      I'm going to post my thought up until the abysmal decsion that ruined the game happend.
      We played well attacking wise, looked dangerous, good passing game, could have had 3 or 4.
      Defensively, we left too much space inbetween the midfield and defence due to the abcense of Lucas.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #756: Dec 06, 2011 07:45:26 pm
      We didnt play too bad and didnt have much luck. Hit the post twice, a dodgy red card, could have had 2 penalties and a close offside goal decision disallowed. I cant believe we are not appealing the red card decision. Our luck will change.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #757: Dec 06, 2011 07:47:01 pm
      I randomly picked Jose Enrique as my MOTM just because I wanted to see the results of the poll. Funnily Enrique is winning the poll so far. I'm such a football genius.
      ? randomly picked, he was by streets the best player in a red shirt last night
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #758: Dec 06, 2011 08:38:32 pm
      i'm amazed that homo of a ref didn't wave a pink card at Spearing the amount of gay decisions he gave against us...I mean "KEVIN FRIEND" what kind of a f**kin name is THAT !!!...

Quick Reply