Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Pepe Reina
      (7.6%)
      Jose Enrique
      (26.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (9.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (5.3%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (18.3%)
      Jay Spearing
      (3.1%)
      Charlie Adam
      (14.5%)
      Luis Suarez
      (4.6%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (9.2%)
      Andy Carroll
      (1.5%)

Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment

Read 44501 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Disappointment
      Reply #759: Dec 06, 2011 09:07:47 pm
       The player we miss over and above all others is of course our best player, our captain. It saddens me that as Liverpool fans we still don't fully appreciate just how good a player he is. Not a mention of him from our fans at the game last night, but it's hardly a coincidence that he has a prolongued spell on the sidelines and suddenly we can't buy a goal.

The forums the same, "f*cking hell we miss Lucas". We do miss him based on his performances this season, he's been excellent. But last night although we didn't look quite as solid as we have, we wouldn't have conceded a goal had Pepe not flopped a fairly easy save. Where we are short, is that we have absolutely nobody who injects something into it and looks like they can make something happen.

We miss our captain, however reluctant some are to admit it. Please god he comes back soon, 50% of his former self will be enough to improve us.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #760: Dec 06, 2011 09:08:34 pm
      ? randomly picked, he was by streets the best player in a red shirt last night

I didn't watch the game mate, I had no idea of who played well or not.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #761: Dec 06, 2011 09:18:08 pm
       At some point this season Enrique wil probably put a foot wrong. I the Spanish have got a better left back than him then he must be f*cking tasty I'll say that much.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #762: Dec 06, 2011 09:34:02 pm
      Lets remember aquilani was moved on because we had  gerrard in that spot, hindsight is such a wonderful thing.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #763: Dec 06, 2011 10:30:01 pm
      Lets remember aquilani was moved on because we had  gerrard in that spot, hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

Without wishing to reignite the whole midfield debate again (especially concerning players which aren't ours) but wasn't that more Raul Meireles.  I'd say that Aquilani was more similar (compared to Meireles) to Adam in style of play than Gerrard.

Wasn't most people's general consensus that Lucas/Spearing were the more defensively minded players, Adam/Aquilani the creative deeper lying ones and Gerrard/Meireles the all action dynamic players who would've benefit from being pushed further up the field compared to their midfield counterparts.

Henderson was seen as a RM/CAM squad player until he was fully bedded in but cashing in on both Meireles/Aquilani allowed him more playing opportunities which would help with that process.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #764: Dec 06, 2011 11:09:41 pm
      Gutted, was our chance to go above both Newcastle and Arsenal, now we are about 8 behind bloody Spurs who have a game in hand!! Not good enough, though we were unlucky with the woodwork yet again.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #765: Dec 06, 2011 11:27:45 pm
      I randomly picked Jose Enrique as my MOTM just because I wanted to see the results of the poll. Funnily Enrique is winning the poll so far. I'm such a football genius.

I voted for Enrique simply because he's our Mr. Consistent, we could see his anxiety and frustration when he shouted at Henderson to move forward with the ball instead of the side and backpasses which led to the pressure on him. I believe, if he could play the role of a midfield or forward he would move the ball forward faster, run the whole length of the pitch and try to score. We simply need more Enrique's fighting spirit in our team.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #766: Dec 06, 2011 11:52:57 pm
      i.e. it is a pleasure to watch our beloved compared to last year where I stopped watching LFC.

This roughly translates to "I'm a fair weather gloryhunting fan."

At the end of the day, i can't help but think that our issues in the games we are not taking are at least manageable. Remember last year when our team had no direction what so ever? We are playing decently well to awesome most weeks, we just need to finish. I'm pissed as F**k that we lost and frustrated, but i can still see us on the borderline of turning the corner and we start banging in these goals for fun against sides like this.

Onwards and upwards. Projects in motion.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #767: Dec 07, 2011 12:13:44 am
      I know what you mean mate but, let's give the guy some slack with this one. As although I watched every game I could, under woy, I sometimes wanted to poke my own eyes out.

As disappointing as last nights result was, I would say that as a team we have improved  significantly this season. We have had some bad luck with decisions and hitting the woodwork but, we are still a work in progress (and in the early stages too). We need to get a top finisher and give Carroll some time to develop, as for whatever the reason is, he is not cutting it yet. There is a hell of a lot of pressure on the guy and maybe having someone else there will ease some of that.

Overall, although I am disappointed with some of our results so far, I am very happy with how we are developing.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #768: Dec 07, 2011 12:47:11 am
      Last year on December 6th I think we had 22 points, so we're still better off than last season!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #769: Dec 07, 2011 01:08:42 am
      I know what you mean mate but, let's give the guy some slack with this one. As although I watched every game I could, under woy, I sometimes wanted to poke my own eyes out.

As disappointing as last nights result was, I would say that as a team we have improved  significantly this season. We have had some bad luck with decisions and hitting the woodwork but, we are still a work in progress (and in the early stages too). We need to get a top finisher and give Carroll some time to develop, as for whatever the reason is, he is not cutting it yet. There is a hell of a lot of pressure on the guy and maybe having someone else there will ease some of that.

Overall, although I am disappointed with some of our results so far, I am very happy with how we are developing.

I wanted to poke my eyes out and scramble them in a frying pan at times, but I never "stopped watching" - sorry, i just don't take kindly to that kind of attitude. Nothing against the guy, no real beef or anything. I just don't like hearing that someone just stops watching when the going gets tough :-\

"If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." - wise man said that, and that's the attitude I take.

Agree with you though on the rest, basically similar to what i said in that though we are getting some bad luck, it feels like we are so close to that next step. Just need to get a few breaks our way!
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #770: Dec 07, 2011 01:15:15 am
      "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win." - wise man said that, and that's the attitude I take.

Spot on that is too.

I guess not everyone's as fanatical as we are though....unfortunately.  ;)
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #771: Dec 07, 2011 08:56:06 am

At the end of the day, i can't help but think that our issues in the games we are not taking are at least manageable. Remember last year when our team had no direction what so ever? We are playing decently well to awesome most weeks, we just need to finish. I'm pissed as f**k that we lost and frustrated, but i can still see us on the borderline of turning the corner and we start banging in these goals for fun against sides like this.

Onwards and upwards. Projects in motion.

Total and utter sh*te. I have been a Liverpool fan since I can remember and probably before you were even born. I watched Kenny play (that's how long I have been supporting Liverpool) for Liverpool so don't tell me I am a glory hunting fan. I even went thru the Souness years & never stopped supporting my beloved Liverpool when you were probably a twinkle in your daddy's eyes.

After watching the five years plans with Houllier and Rafa not going anywhere we had good ole Woy. I just could not take what Woy was dishing out. Nothing glory hunting about it. I seem to remember not much support at Anfield when Woy for in change of his final few games. Where were you then? For me watching paint dry in North Pole with no clothes on would have been preferable than watching the cr@p Woy was making Liverpool play.
      « Last Edit: Dec 07, 2011 09:06:42 am by RobieSlick »
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #772: Dec 07, 2011 10:16:09 am
       >:(
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #773: Dec 07, 2011 10:29:34 am
      After watching the five years plans with Houllier and Rafa not going anywhere we had good ole Woy.

agreed on roy, but i wouldn't say 5 year plans under houllier and rafa were not going anywhere. we won the treble under houllier and the rest under rafa. but anyway, i don't want to turn this into a rafa/houllier thread to add to gazillions already out there :)

we go f***ed by the ref, big time but we should have killed the game before that. the midfield isn't chipping in enough with goals either. someone mentioned us missing gerrard and i completely agree. second half of last season we had more goals from suarez and midfield but that's dried up. we have on paper 3 good attacking midfielders in adam, henderson and downing with 3 league goals between them this season, not good enough.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #774: Dec 07, 2011 10:48:17 am
      Its all about the finger  what about that c**t Dempsey shoving his head in Bellamy,s face  should have fcking walked for that  alone ,am still fuming and could cheerfully strangle that c**t of a ref last night -
      Agree 100% Andy that was disgraceful conduct and Reds have been shown for the same behaviour in other games, the dickhead of a ref was at one point in the same camera shot observing the incident and unbelievably booked the wrong man!!!
      It's been said before but too much depends on the outcome of these games to have visually challenged buffoons officiating to any degree whatsoever.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #775: Dec 07, 2011 11:36:49 am
      Total and utter sh*te. I have been a Liverpool fan since I can remember and probably before you were even born. I watched Kenny play (that's how long I have been supporting Liverpool) for Liverpool so don't tell me I am a glory hunting fan. I even went thru the Souness years & never stopped supporting my beloved Liverpool when you were probably a twinkle in your daddy's eyes.

After watching the five years plans with Houllier and Rafa not going anywhere we had good ole Woy. I just could not take what Woy was dishing out. Nothing glory hunting about it. I seem to remember not much support at Anfield when Woy for in change of his final few games. Where were you then? For me watching paint dry in North Pole with no clothes on would have been preferable than watching the cr@p Woy was making Liverpool play.

Nice up on the defensive there with the "I've been a fan for years!" card. If you read my next post you would see I didn't mean to offend - but at the same time I mean what I said.

I don't give a f**k about proverbial dick measuring on what you think is a worthy supporter. There are young and old, far and wide, who support this club. What matters is how you support it. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings a little, but I stand by what I said. If you stopped watching, and in turn that is stopping supporting, then I'm sorry but I don't think there's any excuse  :-\

That's my piece on that, back on topic.

Agree 100% Andy that was disgraceful conduct and Reds have been shown for the same behaviour in other games, the dickhead of a ref was at one point in the same camera shot observing the incident and unbelievably booked the wrong man!!!
      It's been said before but too much depends on the outcome of these games to have visually challenged buffoons officiating to any degree whatsoever.

That f**king c**t Friend was watching the whole thing and didn't do sh*t. Disgraceful performance on the night by Kevin, seems he has a history of sh*te refereeing as well so might do well to find another profession. F***ing idiot.

Not blaming the result entirely on him, as we should have put it away well before we lost a man and conceded, but he certainly had more of a hand in swaying things than a referee ever should.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #776: Dec 07, 2011 12:39:43 pm
      Only game of the season I've missed as was on a plane, but we should be winning all of these. To complete for top 4 - its looking tough, we cant drop another point this year.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #777: Dec 07, 2011 07:53:53 pm
      Simply put, if we dont take our scoring chances we wont win many games.
      Regardless of missing Lucas, Gerrard or anybody else, our problem this season has been scoring goals. If we put away our chances, then a mistake by our keeper or defence can be forgiven. I cant remember how many matches this season we were the better side, yet still didnt get maximum points... only match we were poor was vs Spurs. Since then we have been better without finishing teams off.
      Im not saying buy more attackers (which we do need), just that we need to work on our finishing urgently. Look at the Prem top scorers and we only have Luis (4) with nobody else... simply not good enough.

This team has the ability to go on another unbeaten run of games, but we will have to start scoring.

Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #778: Dec 07, 2011 08:00:49 pm

Just more proof that we was robbed on Monday night  :mad:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #779: Dec 07, 2011 09:04:19 pm

Just more proof that we was robbed on Monday night  :mad:

Ridiculous. I understand that it's a job done by humans, and thus inevitably prone to mistakes. But this isn't a sport where there is typically lots of scoring and it doesn't matter - these kinds of decisions make or break games a lot. I'm not saying I know a better solution but it's frustrating that this happens.
      Chasman555
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      • Liverpool Forever YNWA
      Reply #780: Dec 07, 2011 09:21:53 pm
      Isn't that what the fourth official is there for? or is that just to make up the numbers  :laugh:
      It starts the debate again of replays like they have in rugby, it seems to work for them so why would it not work for us? would probably make some of the games a lot more interesting, specially the Utd ones  ;)
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #781: Dec 07, 2011 10:29:53 pm
      Simply put, if we dont take our scoring chances we wont win many games.
      Regardless of missing Lucas, Gerrard or anybody else, our problem this season has been scoring goals. If we put away our chances, then a mistake by our keeper or defence can be forgiven. I cant remember how many matches this season we were the better side, yet still didnt get maximum points... only match we were poor was vs Spurs. Since then we have been better without finishing teams off.
      Im not saying buy more attackers (which we do need), just that we need to work on our finishing urgently. Look at the Prem top scorers and we only have Luis (4) with nobody else... simply not good enough.

This team has the ability to go on another unbeaten run of games, but we will have to start scoring.

Completely agree.
      Watching the game the other night was more deja vu, same ol same ol, man we've sat and watched how many games like that over the last few years, against the 'lesser' teams.
      We get a couple of good results that we maybe didn't expect, get the old hopes up, then disappoint when expected to win.
      In saying that, the problem last season was we were completely sh*te under Roy.
      The other night I thought we were the better team, created the better chances and should at the very least come away with a point.
      Well before Spearing got the red we should've scored 1 or 2.
      Suarez setup Andy twice early on, one saved by the keeper, the other a fresh air shot by Andy.
      We're scoring F**k all goals!!!!!!
      At some point Andy is going to have to contribute cause for the money spent we're getting very little return at the moment.
      Don't want to come down on the lad, and KK IS giving him chances to show something (what choice has he but start him as often as he dare), but it's just not happening fior him.
      Not just that, but when he plays, we look a bit more laboured going forward, and there is a temptation to launch it up to him.
      I still prefer to see Suarez start up front with maybe Bellers/Kuyt on the wings and 3 in the middle. We look more solid and brighter in attack.
      What's Aguero got for Shitty - 10? And he's missed a fair few matches/not started em all.  If Andy had chipped in 6 or 7 we'd be in much better shape, considering the defense isn't leaking too many the other end.
      We've a few injuries and that, but the main problem is scoring. Can only hope the goals start coming. You get the feeling we could clobber someone some day soon, and that might loosen things up. Here's hopin ...

Quick Reply