Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Mackenzie Now Blames Liverpool Media and Liverpool Journalists

Read 17072 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Mackenzie Now Blames Liverpool Media and Liverpool Journalists
      Dec 09, 2011 09:48:38 am
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16103876

Kelvin MacKenzie 'should apologise' for Hillsborough comments
      A Liverpool journalist has demanded an apology from ex-editor Kelvin MacKenzie for blaming reporters in the city for the Sun's Hillsborough coverage.

The paper wrongly claimed that Liverpool fans "picked the pockets" of some of the 96 victims of the 1989 tragedy and urinated on medics.

Mr MacKenzie told BBC Two's The Politics Show that Liverpool journalists supplied the story.

The Mercury Press agency's editor Chris Johnson said he was consulting lawyers.

He has demanded an apology and retraction from Mr MacKenzie.
      'Absolutely insulted'

Describing the coverage, Mr MacKenzie told The Politics Show:
      "That story came from a Liverpool news agency and Liverpool journalists."

The publication of the story led to a widespread boycott of the newspaper in Liverpool.

An independent inquiry found there was no evidence to support the claims made in the Sun's Hillsborough coverage.

Mr Johnson said: "I feel slighted and absolutely insulted, not only for my agency, but for every journalist in Liverpool, and certainly for every freelance journalist in Liverpool."

He said his agency "absolutely categorically 100%" had nothing to do with the story and described Mr MacKenzie's comments as "vile allegations".

"I have no doubt whatsoever that the headline 'THE TRUTH" was created by somebody in the Sun office," said Mr Johnson.

"Where the elements of the story came from I don't know.
      'Digging a hole'

"My suspicion is that it came from the Sheffield end. Whether it was Sun staff or possibly other journalists working in association with them, I do not know.

"MacKenzie's digging a deeper hole for himself and he should jump into that hole so we can forget about him.

"I'm consulting my lawyers because I'm basically sick to the teeth of this. I want a retraction and an apology from him".

Mr MacKenzie could not be reached for comment.

During the BBC interview, he told presenter Andrew Neil that he "probably" did have regrets about the story.

He said: "If I could revisit Hillsborough, certainly I'd do it in a different way. I'd do it in the way that the other newspapers did."

The Hillsborough Independent Panel, set up in 2009, is currently examining documents relating to the disaster. It is due to report its findings next year.

The Cabinet Office has promised to release files relating to Margaret Thatcher and the disaster by June 2012 - if they have not already been released by the panel.

Ninety-six fans died and hundreds more were injured after being crushed on the steel-fenced terraces of Sheffield Wednesday's stadium, which was hosting an FA Cup semi-final.

The inquiry into the disaster led by Lord Chief Justice Taylor established that main cause was a failure of police crowd control.

So why hasnt this excuse come out before. The man is vile. Pure evil.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 05:41:21 pm by RedPuppy »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Mackenzie Now Blames Liverpool Media an Liverpool Journalist
      Reply #1: Dec 09, 2011 09:53:13 am
      Apologise? No, I'll just blame some f**ker else.

This c**t reminds me of my boss!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Mackenzie Now Blames Liverpool Media and Liverpool Journalists
      Reply #2: Dec 09, 2011 09:55:23 am
      It's past the time that this f**ker was whacked.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3: Dec 09, 2011 10:38:24 am
      If the hole he is digging gets any deeper he'll end up in F***ing Australia. How anyone can employ or use this lying b***ard is totally beyond me.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #4: Dec 09, 2011 10:40:36 am
      Kelvin MacKenzie to face legal action from Liverpool news agency Mercury

FORMER Scum editor Kelvin MacKenzie was threatened with legal action and branded “a liar” after claiming his infamous story about the Hillsborough disaster came from a news agency from Liverpool.

Chris Johnson, editor of the Liverpool-based Mercury news agency, today said the claim was “ludicrous.”

Speaking on the BBC’s Daily Politics yesterday about The Scum’s “The Truth” story which included dreadful false accusations against Liverpool supporters, MacKenzie claimed: “That story came from a Liverpool news agency”.

Under questioning from Andrew Neill, MacKenzie also admitted he would now handle how The Scum covered the disaster differently.

He said: “If I could revisit Hillsborough, certainly I would do it in a different way.

“I would do it in the way that every other newspaper did it, which was basically that they ran the story and said ‘big fury over’, and I wish I had done that, yes”.

But Mr Johnson, who runs the Mercury Agency, was furious at MacKenzie’s outburst.

He told the ECHO: “You put a rat in a corner and it bites at the first thing it can find. This isn’t the first time MacKenzie has said this, he tried it before in 2007 - he is trying to lay a false trail and turn the tables back on Liverpool for his very sloppy piece of journalism.“Our lawyers have written to MacKenzie and demanded he retract this statement.”

Mr Johnson was news editor of Mercury in 1989 when 96 Liverpool fans lost their lives in the FA Cup tie in Sheffield.

From this position he would have seen all the stories written by his journalists and sent to the national press. He is adamant nothing like what appeared in The Scum originated in the city where thousands were grieving for loved ones.

He said: “I’d bet my life that story didn’t come from Liverpool, in the strongest terms, it was not something originated in this city.”

The Scum’s coverage of the disaster brought calls for MacKenzie’s resignation.

Sales of the tabloid paper plummeted in the Merseyside area and have never recovered. He was later required by Rupert Murdoch to apologise.

That apology has never been accepted in Liverpool.

At a parliamentary debate in October there were calls for an inquiry to establish the source of the story that caused so much hurt in Liverpool and there are hopes it may emerge from the work of the Hillsborough Panel.

* Last night’s London gig of the Justice Tonight tour saw Paul Simonon join former Clash bandmate Mick Jones on stage for the first time since 1982. The tour arrives home in Liverpool tonight.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/12/09/former-sun-editor-kelvin-mackenzie-to-face-legal-action-from-liverpool-news-agency-mercury-over-hillsborough-claims-100252-29924320/2/#ixzz1g25GtzAu
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #5: Dec 09, 2011 11:10:47 am
      Kelvin MacKenzie to face legal action from Liverpool news agency Mercury

Under questioning from Andrew Neill, MacKenzie also admitted he would now handle how The Scum covered the disaster differently.

He said: "if I could revisit Hillsborough , certainly I would do it in a different way".

“I would do it in the way that every other newspaper did it, which was basically that they ran the story and said ‘big fury over’, and I wish I had done that, yes”.

* Last night’s London gig of the Justice Tonight tour saw Paul Simonon join former Clash bandmate Mick Jones on stage for the first time since 1982. The tour arrives home in Liverpool tonight.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/12/09/former-sun-editor-kelvin-mackenzie-to-face-legal-action-from-liverpool-news-agency-mercury-over-hillsborough-claims-100252-29924320/2/#ixzz1g25GtzAu
      [/b]
      The lying b***ard says if he could he would have reported the disaster differently!!! Why the F**k doesn't he say he should not have printed downright obscene F***ing lies?
      Because there is no one with a gun at his head in the form of Rupert F***ing Murdoch, who was feeling the pressure and getting the c**t to apologise would lighten the load.
      Any words from him are worthless, the c**t is a deplorable excuse for a human being. 
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 11:58:00 am by stuey »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #6: Dec 09, 2011 01:29:40 pm
      Here comes the fat, shithouse c**t reversing furiously:

Kelvin MacKenzie apologises for Hillsborough mistake

Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie has apologised for blaming reporters in Liverpool for the newspaper's Hillsborough coverage.

The paper wrongly claimed that Liverpool fans "picked the pockets" of some of the 96 victims of the 1989 tragedy and urinated on medics.

On Thursday, Mr MacKenzie said Liverpool reporters supplied the story.

But on Friday, he told the BBC he had got it wrong.

He said: "Having just checked with the Sun's news editor at the time, it is clear that the story didn't come from the Liverpool agencies.

"I apologise for getting it wrong but it was 21 years ago."

Speaking on BBC Two's Daily Politics on Thursday about the Sun's coverage, Mr MacKenzie said: "That story came from a Liverpool news agency and Liverpool journalists."

Chris Johnson, editor of Mercury Press in Liverpool, later demanded an apology and said he was consulting his lawyers.

He said: "I feel slighted and absolutely insulted, not only for my agency, but for every journalist in Liverpool, and certainly for every freelance journalist in Liverpool."

He said his agency "absolutely categorically 100%" had nothing to do with the story and described Mr MacKenzie's comments as "vile allegations".

When asked to respond to Mr Johnson's comments on Friday morning, Mr MacKenzie initially said he stood by the remarks and that Mr Johnson should check back through his files.

But he later contacted BBC News to say his original remarks had been wrong.

Mr Johnson said: "I remain shocked and disgusted that Kelvin MacKenzie was prepared to trot out a complete lie that defamed my agency and rubbed more salt into the wound in Liverpool - on top of damage he had already caused in 1989."

He said he wanted a direct apology for both the agency and the people of Liverpool.

"As for the matter of damages, I will leave that to the lawyers," he said.

He said the agency had received abusive phone calls and emails, following Mr MacKenzie's comments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16110588#TWEET42045

Someone should point out to the c**t, it's 22 years not F***ing 21 and he will never be forgiven.

Plus I wonder how long before he starts slagging off the Police Federation rep he spoke to.

One lying shithouse who is now trying to cover his own arse to save his own career.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7: Dec 09, 2011 04:38:51 pm
      Mercury's lawyers were quick off the mark then.

Scumbag would not have turned it around unless he had to legally.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #8: Dec 09, 2011 04:59:38 pm
      To come up with the excuse of it being 21 years ago is abysmal, because of course it has never been mentioned in the intervening years at all nor has he had the chance to reflect on it.

Biggest w**ker of all time. Undisputed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #9: Dec 09, 2011 06:33:12 pm
      Every statement he has made since the tragedy 22 years ago has been exactly wrong and profoundly offensive to those affected.
      After all these years he continues to deliver the same vile rhetoric unchecked, there is no reason that whosoever gives the F***ing bigot a forum for his poison should be open to prosecution - everybody knows what he deals with.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10: Dec 09, 2011 06:35:44 pm
      Kelvin MacKenzie apologises for Hillsborough mistake
      Former S*n editor Kelvin MacKenzie has apologised for blaming reporters in Liverpool for the newspaper's Hillsborough coverage.

On Thursday, Mr MacKenzie said Liverpool reporters supplied the story.

But on Friday, he told the BBC he had got it wrong.

He said: "Having just checked with the S*n's news editor at the time, it is clear that the story didn't come from the Liverpool agencies.

"I apologise for getting it wrong but it was 21 years ago."

Speaking on BBC Two's Daily Politics on Thursday about the S*n's coverage, Mr MacKenzie said: "That story came from a Liverpool news agency and Liverpool journalists."

Chris Johnson, editor of Mercury Press in Liverpool, later demanded an apology and said he was consulting his lawyers.

He said: "I feel slighted and absolutely insulted, not only for my agency, but for every journalist in Liverpool, and certainly for every freelance journalist in Liverpool."

When asked to respond to Mr Johnson's comments on Friday morning, Mr MacKenzie initially said he stood by the remarks and that Mr Johnson should check back through his files.

But he later contacted BBC News to say his original remarks had been wrong.

Mr Johnson said: "I remain shocked and disgusted that Kelvin MacKenzie was prepared to trot out a complete lie that defamed my agency and rubbed more salt into the wound in Liverpool - on top of damage he had already caused in 1989."

He said he wanted a direct apology for both the agency and the people of Liverpool.

"As for the matter of damages, I will leave that to the lawyers," he said.

He said the agency had received abusive phone calls and emails, following Mr MacKenzie's comments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16110588

You could not make this up. Lying AGAIN.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 06:46:12 pm by RedPuppy »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Dec 09, 2011 06:50:52 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/9658389.stm

1156 NEWS: Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie has apologised for blaming reporters in Liverpool for the newspaper's coverage of the Hillsborough disaster. "Having just checked with the Sun's news editor at the time, it is clear that the story didn't come from the Liverpool agencies but came from agencies in the Sheffield area," he said.

Of COURSE it was.

Its so easy to get the words Liverpool and Sheffield muddled up. Silly Kelvin. Duh.

He's had over 20 years to check with the Sun's editor at the time.

WHY DIDNT HE CHECK  WITH THE  SUN'S EDITOR IN  APRIL 1989  ?!
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 07:01:28 pm by eurored »
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: Dec 09, 2011 06:58:04 pm
      There are no words I can think of that could go half-way to describe what a slimey low-life piece of scum this guy is. There are no depths to how low he will sink.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #13: Dec 09, 2011 07:05:18 pm

1156 NEWS: Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie has apologised for blaming reporters in Liverpool for the newspaper's coverage of the Hillsborough disaster. "Having just checked with the Sun's news editor at the time, it is clear that the story didn't come from the Liverpool agencies but came from agencies in the Sheffield area," he said.

Of COURSE it was.

Its so easy to get the words Liverpool and Sheffield muddled up. Silly Kelvin. Duh.

WHY DIDNT HE CHECK WITH THESUN'S EDITOR IN F ......ING MARCH 1989 !

To be fair there are lots of times when I felt I had got on the Bus to Liverpool, or the train, and ended up in Sheffield. I remember one case, when I was standing on the Kop, and I shouted COME ON SHEFFIELD, Oh how we laughed. :mad:

The man is a complete.... well I do not thing there is a word I can think of, so I'm off to Shakespeare: "Thou reeky open-arsed clack-dish!"
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14: Dec 09, 2011 07:21:37 pm
      My god what a truly thick, laughable c**t this guy is.

Well played to Chris Bryant on shoving the pie on his face and watching him squirm like the fat little coward he is.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #15: Dec 09, 2011 08:48:53 pm

Of COURSE it was.

WHY DIDNT HE CHECK  WITH THE  SUN'S EDITOR IN  APRIL 1989  ?!

Sorry mate being a tad pedantic, he means news editor, because of course that tw*t was the editor at the time!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: Dec 09, 2011 11:31:52 pm
      I was too raging when I read it Huyton. 

Yes. Sun News Editor.

Easy to contact then.    Knew where he was.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #17: Dec 10, 2011 12:07:50 am
      What a complete and utter w**ker!

He just keep sinking to deeper and murkier depths of sh*t!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #18: Dec 10, 2011 12:35:06 am
      What a complete and utter w**ker!

He just keep sinking to deeper and murkier depths of sh*t!
      He obviously is suited to that situation.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #19: Dec 11, 2011 03:10:52 am
      He doesn't do apologies. Never did. Any attempt he made has had to be qualified. Even this latest one.

A man admits when he is wrong, even journalists. McKuntzie is a disgrace to his profession.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #20: Dec 11, 2011 12:57:37 pm
      He doesn't do apologies. Never did. Any attempt he made has had to be qualified. Even this latest one.

A man admits when he is wrong, even journalists. McKuntzie is a disgrace to his profession.

I'd go further and say he's a disgrace to the entire F***ing human race. He just doesn't know when to stop his constant hurtful lies.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21: Dec 11, 2011 01:06:17 pm
      He seriously want's doing up the arse by Purple Aki.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22: Dec 12, 2011 03:43:11 pm
      He seriously want's doing up the arse by Purple Aki.
      PA wouldn't soil his tackle mate.

Quick Reply