Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Mackenzie Now Blames Liverpool Media and Liverpool Journalists

Read 17075 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Mackenzie Now Blames Liverpool Media and Liverpool Journalists
      Dec 09, 2011 09:48:38 am
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16103876

Kelvin MacKenzie 'should apologise' for Hillsborough comments
      A Liverpool journalist has demanded an apology from ex-editor Kelvin MacKenzie for blaming reporters in the city for the Sun's Hillsborough coverage.

The paper wrongly claimed that Liverpool fans "picked the pockets" of some of the 96 victims of the 1989 tragedy and urinated on medics.

Mr MacKenzie told BBC Two's The Politics Show that Liverpool journalists supplied the story.

The Mercury Press agency's editor Chris Johnson said he was consulting lawyers.

He has demanded an apology and retraction from Mr MacKenzie.
      'Absolutely insulted'

Describing the coverage, Mr MacKenzie told The Politics Show:
      "That story came from a Liverpool news agency and Liverpool journalists."

The publication of the story led to a widespread boycott of the newspaper in Liverpool.

An independent inquiry found there was no evidence to support the claims made in the Sun's Hillsborough coverage.

Mr Johnson said: "I feel slighted and absolutely insulted, not only for my agency, but for every journalist in Liverpool, and certainly for every freelance journalist in Liverpool."

He said his agency "absolutely categorically 100%" had nothing to do with the story and described Mr MacKenzie's comments as "vile allegations".

"I have no doubt whatsoever that the headline 'THE TRUTH" was created by somebody in the Sun office," said Mr Johnson.

"Where the elements of the story came from I don't know.
      'Digging a hole'

"My suspicion is that it came from the Sheffield end. Whether it was Sun staff or possibly other journalists working in association with them, I do not know.

"MacKenzie's digging a deeper hole for himself and he should jump into that hole so we can forget about him.

"I'm consulting my lawyers because I'm basically sick to the teeth of this. I want a retraction and an apology from him".

Mr MacKenzie could not be reached for comment.

During the BBC interview, he told presenter Andrew Neil that he "probably" did have regrets about the story.

He said: "If I could revisit Hillsborough, certainly I'd do it in a different way. I'd do it in the way that the other newspapers did."

The Hillsborough Independent Panel, set up in 2009, is currently examining documents relating to the disaster. It is due to report its findings next year.

The Cabinet Office has promised to release files relating to Margaret Thatcher and the disaster by June 2012 - if they have not already been released by the panel.

Ninety-six fans died and hundreds more were injured after being crushed on the steel-fenced terraces of Sheffield Wednesday's stadium, which was hosting an FA Cup semi-final.

The inquiry into the disaster led by Lord Chief Justice Taylor established that main cause was a failure of police crowd control.

So why hasnt this excuse come out before. The man is vile. Pure evil.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 05:41:21 pm by RedPuppy »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Mackenzie Now Blames Liverpool Media an Liverpool Journalist
      Reply #1: Dec 09, 2011 09:53:13 am
      Apologise? No, I'll just blame some f**ker else.

This c**t reminds me of my boss!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Mackenzie Now Blames Liverpool Media and Liverpool Journalists
      Reply #2: Dec 09, 2011 09:55:23 am
      It's past the time that this f**ker was whacked.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3: Dec 09, 2011 10:38:24 am
      If the hole he is digging gets any deeper he'll end up in F***ing Australia. How anyone can employ or use this lying b***ard is totally beyond me.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #4: Dec 09, 2011 10:40:36 am
      Kelvin MacKenzie to face legal action from Liverpool news agency Mercury

FORMER Scum editor Kelvin MacKenzie was threatened with legal action and branded “a liar” after claiming his infamous story about the Hillsborough disaster came from a news agency from Liverpool.

Chris Johnson, editor of the Liverpool-based Mercury news agency, today said the claim was “ludicrous.”

Speaking on the BBC’s Daily Politics yesterday about The Scum’s “The Truth” story which included dreadful false accusations against Liverpool supporters, MacKenzie claimed: “That story came from a Liverpool news agency”.

Under questioning from Andrew Neill, MacKenzie also admitted he would now handle how The Scum covered the disaster differently.

He said: “If I could revisit Hillsborough, certainly I would do it in a different way.

“I would do it in the way that every other newspaper did it, which was basically that they ran the story and said ‘big fury over’, and I wish I had done that, yes”.

But Mr Johnson, who runs the Mercury Agency, was furious at MacKenzie’s outburst.

He told the ECHO: “You put a rat in a corner and it bites at the first thing it can find. This isn’t the first time MacKenzie has said this, he tried it before in 2007 - he is trying to lay a false trail and turn the tables back on Liverpool for his very sloppy piece of journalism.“Our lawyers have written to MacKenzie and demanded he retract this statement.”

Mr Johnson was news editor of Mercury in 1989 when 96 Liverpool fans lost their lives in the FA Cup tie in Sheffield.

From this position he would have seen all the stories written by his journalists and sent to the national press. He is adamant nothing like what appeared in The Scum originated in the city where thousands were grieving for loved ones.

He said: “I’d bet my life that story didn’t come from Liverpool, in the strongest terms, it was not something originated in this city.”

The Scum’s coverage of the disaster brought calls for MacKenzie’s resignation.

Sales of the tabloid paper plummeted in the Merseyside area and have never recovered. He was later required by Rupert Murdoch to apologise.

That apology has never been accepted in Liverpool.

At a parliamentary debate in October there were calls for an inquiry to establish the source of the story that caused so much hurt in Liverpool and there are hopes it may emerge from the work of the Hillsborough Panel.

* Last night’s London gig of the Justice Tonight tour saw Paul Simonon join former Clash bandmate Mick Jones on stage for the first time since 1982. The tour arrives home in Liverpool tonight.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/12/09/former-sun-editor-kelvin-mackenzie-to-face-legal-action-from-liverpool-news-agency-mercury-over-hillsborough-claims-100252-29924320/2/#ixzz1g25GtzAu
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #5: Dec 09, 2011 11:10:47 am
      Kelvin MacKenzie to face legal action from Liverpool news agency Mercury

Under questioning from Andrew Neill, MacKenzie also admitted he would now handle how The Scum covered the disaster differently.

He said: "if I could revisit Hillsborough , certainly I would do it in a different way".

“I would do it in the way that every other newspaper did it, which was basically that they ran the story and said ‘big fury over’, and I wish I had done that, yes”.

* Last night’s London gig of the Justice Tonight tour saw Paul Simonon join former Clash bandmate Mick Jones on stage for the first time since 1982. The tour arrives home in Liverpool tonight.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/12/09/former-sun-editor-kelvin-mackenzie-to-face-legal-action-from-liverpool-news-agency-mercury-over-hillsborough-claims-100252-29924320/2/#ixzz1g25GtzAu
      [/b]
      The lying b***ard says if he could he would have reported the disaster differently!!! Why the F**k doesn't he say he should not have printed downright obscene F***ing lies?
      Because there is no one with a gun at his head in the form of Rupert F***ing Murdoch, who was feeling the pressure and getting the c**t to apologise would lighten the load.
      Any words from him are worthless, the c**t is a deplorable excuse for a human being. 
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 11:58:00 am by stuey »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #6: Dec 09, 2011 01:29:40 pm
      Here comes the fat, shithouse c**t reversing furiously:

Kelvin MacKenzie apologises for Hillsborough mistake

Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie has apologised for blaming reporters in Liverpool for the newspaper's Hillsborough coverage.

The paper wrongly claimed that Liverpool fans "picked the pockets" of some of the 96 victims of the 1989 tragedy and urinated on medics.

On Thursday, Mr MacKenzie said Liverpool reporters supplied the story.

But on Friday, he told the BBC he had got it wrong.

He said: "Having just checked with the Sun's news editor at the time, it is clear that the story didn't come from the Liverpool agencies.

"I apologise for getting it wrong but it was 21 years ago."

Speaking on BBC Two's Daily Politics on Thursday about the Sun's coverage, Mr MacKenzie said: "That story came from a Liverpool news agency and Liverpool journalists."

Chris Johnson, editor of Mercury Press in Liverpool, later demanded an apology and said he was consulting his lawyers.

He said: "I feel slighted and absolutely insulted, not only for my agency, but for every journalist in Liverpool, and certainly for every freelance journalist in Liverpool."

He said his agency "absolutely categorically 100%" had nothing to do with the story and described Mr MacKenzie's comments as "vile allegations".

When asked to respond to Mr Johnson's comments on Friday morning, Mr MacKenzie initially said he stood by the remarks and that Mr Johnson should check back through his files.

But he later contacted BBC News to say his original remarks had been wrong.

Mr Johnson said: "I remain shocked and disgusted that Kelvin MacKenzie was prepared to trot out a complete lie that defamed my agency and rubbed more salt into the wound in Liverpool - on top of damage he had already caused in 1989."

He said he wanted a direct apology for both the agency and the people of Liverpool.

"As for the matter of damages, I will leave that to the lawyers," he said.

He said the agency had received abusive phone calls and emails, following Mr MacKenzie's comments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16110588#TWEET42045

Someone should point out to the c**t, it's 22 years not F***ing 21 and he will never be forgiven.

Plus I wonder how long before he starts slagging off the Police Federation rep he spoke to.

One lying shithouse who is now trying to cover his own arse to save his own career.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7: Dec 09, 2011 04:38:51 pm
      Mercury's lawyers were quick off the mark then.

Scumbag would not have turned it around unless he had to legally.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #8: Dec 09, 2011 04:59:38 pm
      To come up with the excuse of it being 21 years ago is abysmal, because of course it has never been mentioned in the intervening years at all nor has he had the chance to reflect on it.

Biggest w**ker of all time. Undisputed.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #9: Dec 09, 2011 06:33:12 pm
      Every statement he has made since the tragedy 22 years ago has been exactly wrong and profoundly offensive to those affected.
      After all these years he continues to deliver the same vile rhetoric unchecked, there is no reason that whosoever gives the F***ing bigot a forum for his poison should be open to prosecution - everybody knows what he deals with.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #10: Dec 09, 2011 06:35:44 pm
      Kelvin MacKenzie apologises for Hillsborough mistake
      Former S*n editor Kelvin MacKenzie has apologised for blaming reporters in Liverpool for the newspaper's Hillsborough coverage.

On Thursday, Mr MacKenzie said Liverpool reporters supplied the story.

But on Friday, he told the BBC he had got it wrong.

He said: "Having just checked with the S*n's news editor at the time, it is clear that the story didn't come from the Liverpool agencies.

"I apologise for getting it wrong but it was 21 years ago."

Speaking on BBC Two's Daily Politics on Thursday about the S*n's coverage, Mr MacKenzie said: "That story came from a Liverpool news agency and Liverpool journalists."

Chris Johnson, editor of Mercury Press in Liverpool, later demanded an apology and said he was consulting his lawyers.

He said: "I feel slighted and absolutely insulted, not only for my agency, but for every journalist in Liverpool, and certainly for every freelance journalist in Liverpool."

When asked to respond to Mr Johnson's comments on Friday morning, Mr MacKenzie initially said he stood by the remarks and that Mr Johnson should check back through his files.

But he later contacted BBC News to say his original remarks had been wrong.

Mr Johnson said: "I remain shocked and disgusted that Kelvin MacKenzie was prepared to trot out a complete lie that defamed my agency and rubbed more salt into the wound in Liverpool - on top of damage he had already caused in 1989."

He said he wanted a direct apology for both the agency and the people of Liverpool.

"As for the matter of damages, I will leave that to the lawyers," he said.

He said the agency had received abusive phone calls and emails, following Mr MacKenzie's comments.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16110588

You could not make this up. Lying AGAIN.
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 06:46:12 pm by RedPuppy »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Dec 09, 2011 06:50:52 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/9658389.stm

1156 NEWS: Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie has apologised for blaming reporters in Liverpool for the newspaper's coverage of the Hillsborough disaster. "Having just checked with the Sun's news editor at the time, it is clear that the story didn't come from the Liverpool agencies but came from agencies in the Sheffield area," he said.

Of COURSE it was.

Its so easy to get the words Liverpool and Sheffield muddled up. Silly Kelvin. Duh.

He's had over 20 years to check with the Sun's editor at the time.

WHY DIDNT HE CHECK  WITH THE  SUN'S EDITOR IN  APRIL 1989  ?!
      « Last Edit: Dec 09, 2011 07:01:28 pm by eurored »
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: Dec 09, 2011 06:58:04 pm
      There are no words I can think of that could go half-way to describe what a slimey low-life piece of scum this guy is. There are no depths to how low he will sink.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #13: Dec 09, 2011 07:05:18 pm

1156 NEWS: Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie has apologised for blaming reporters in Liverpool for the newspaper's coverage of the Hillsborough disaster. "Having just checked with the Sun's news editor at the time, it is clear that the story didn't come from the Liverpool agencies but came from agencies in the Sheffield area," he said.

Of COURSE it was.

Its so easy to get the words Liverpool and Sheffield muddled up. Silly Kelvin. Duh.

WHY DIDNT HE CHECK WITH THESUN'S EDITOR IN F ......ING MARCH 1989 !

To be fair there are lots of times when I felt I had got on the Bus to Liverpool, or the train, and ended up in Sheffield. I remember one case, when I was standing on the Kop, and I shouted COME ON SHEFFIELD, Oh how we laughed. :mad:

The man is a complete.... well I do not thing there is a word I can think of, so I'm off to Shakespeare: "Thou reeky open-arsed clack-dish!"
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14: Dec 09, 2011 07:21:37 pm
      My god what a truly thick, laughable c**t this guy is.

Well played to Chris Bryant on shoving the pie on his face and watching him squirm like the fat little coward he is.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #15: Dec 09, 2011 08:48:53 pm

Of COURSE it was.

WHY DIDNT HE CHECK  WITH THE  SUN'S EDITOR IN  APRIL 1989  ?!

Sorry mate being a tad pedantic, he means news editor, because of course that tw*t was the editor at the time!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: Dec 09, 2011 11:31:52 pm
      I was too raging when I read it Huyton. 

Yes. Sun News Editor.

Easy to contact then.    Knew where he was.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #17: Dec 10, 2011 12:07:50 am
      What a complete and utter w**ker!

He just keep sinking to deeper and murkier depths of sh*t!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #18: Dec 10, 2011 12:35:06 am
      What a complete and utter w**ker!

He just keep sinking to deeper and murkier depths of sh*t!
      He obviously is suited to that situation.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #19: Dec 11, 2011 03:10:52 am
      He doesn't do apologies. Never did. Any attempt he made has had to be qualified. Even this latest one.

A man admits when he is wrong, even journalists. McKuntzie is a disgrace to his profession.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #20: Dec 11, 2011 12:57:37 pm
      He doesn't do apologies. Never did. Any attempt he made has had to be qualified. Even this latest one.

A man admits when he is wrong, even journalists. McKuntzie is a disgrace to his profession.

I'd go further and say he's a disgrace to the entire F***ing human race. He just doesn't know when to stop his constant hurtful lies.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #21: Dec 11, 2011 01:06:17 pm
      He seriously want's doing up the arse by Purple Aki.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #22: Dec 12, 2011 03:43:11 pm
      He seriously want's doing up the arse by Purple Aki.
      PA wouldn't soil his tackle mate.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #23: Dec 13, 2011 08:37:08 am
      It shows what an arse wipe Mackenzie is when he ran for cover after Mercury Press threatened to sue him.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #24: Dec 14, 2011 06:12:39 am
      There are 2 people in the world i wish death upon. He is one. C*nt.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #25: Dec 14, 2011 06:51:57 am
      It shows what an arse wipe Mackenzie is when he ran for cover after Mercury Press threatened to sue him.
      I just cannot believe Billy that anyone who has the slightest connection with the media would make such an outrageous, innaccurate and slanderous claim.
      It was par for the course for that broadcaster of lie and deceit, Murdoch's media machine but to go on a national TV channel and make such statements points to a loss of faculty, indeed he may be suffering from a phsychological disorder undetected for all this time obvious only to somebody having the same condition, step forward phsycho Murdoch - Rupert the bear faced liar. 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: Dec 15, 2011 06:51:52 am
      I just cannot believe Billy that anyone who has the slightest connection with the media would make such an outrageous, innaccurate and slanderous claim.
      It was par for the course for that broadcaster of lie and deceit, Murdoch's media machine but to go on a national TV channel and make such statements points to a loss of faculty, indeed he may be suffering from a phsychological disorder undetected for all this time obvious only to somebody having the same condition, step forward phsycho Murdoch - Rupert the bear faced liar. 
      Murdoch and his gorillas have got a lot to answer for stuey.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #27: Dec 15, 2011 11:47:55 am

Is the other Bieber? :P
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #28: Dec 15, 2011 02:56:40 pm
      The only thing that surprises me is, why is anyone surprised?

The man is an odious self-serving tw*t of the highest order.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #29: Dec 18, 2011 01:16:53 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #30: Dec 18, 2011 03:00:43 pm
      The only thing that surprises me is, why is anyone surprised?

The man i?s an odious self-serving tw*t of the highest order.
      Is he actually the same parasitic genre as Murdoch or is it a million to one chance that the two biggest cu*ts met and doubled their parasitic powers by chance
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #31: Dec 18, 2011 09:43:34 pm
      Can't help but think that the "well it was 21 years ago" quote was a sly dig were he was inadverdently suggesting that we should forget it as it was so long ago.

If I seen this tit in the street I swear I'd smash his F***ing head in. Can't believe it hasn't happened already.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #32: Dec 19, 2011 03:47:46 pm

If I seen this tit in the street I swear I'd smash his F***ing head in. Can't believe it hasn't happened already.
      He is obvious very careful where he shows his repulsive face.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #33: Dec 19, 2011 07:33:47 pm
      Come On  B.
      Dont keep us in suspenders.

Now we know who it isnt (Justin Bieber )

..we want to know who it is.

;D

(As quoted from The Jungle Book)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #34: Dec 19, 2011 10:59:47 pm
      Come On  B.
      Dont keep us in suspenders.

Now we know who it isnt (Justin Bieber )

..we want to know who it is.

;D

(As quoted from The Jungle Book)
      Rupert F***ing Murdoch is the prime suspect Skip.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #35: Dec 20, 2011 03:25:32 am
      Rupert F***ing Murdoch is the prime suspect Skip.

And not Thatcher!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #36: Dec 21, 2011 05:34:12 pm
      F***ing hell is she not dead yet!!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #37: Dec 23, 2011 09:54:27 pm
      F***ing hell is she not dead yet!!!

Just suffering along nicely towards I hope.
      karmabuzzard
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Kelvin Mackenzie
      Reply #38: Sep 16, 2012 03:59:49 pm
      isn't it about time this shallow xenophobic hateful empty lying little lickspittle was chased out of the public eye for good

as a so-called journalist he is supposed to question the information that comes his way, to look beyond the official line and see - and report - the real story on behalf of those who do not have a voice loud enough to be heard

instead he has spent a tainted career prepared to accept everything at face value - so long as it portrays someone in a negative light. he has spent years appealing to the worst in human nature by reporting sleaze, filth, and scandalous, sensationalist bile camouflaged as 'news'

time to consign this loathsome lackey of thatcherite dogma to the dustbin of history
      TheSturridgeShake
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts | 20 
      • JFT96 <3
      Reply #39: Sep 17, 2012 03:34:39 am
      You know this country is truly screwed when an utter disgrace of a human like him is allowed to go on Question Time and air his views.

How people like him get to the top is disgusting and is a disgusting reflection on the way modern society is.

karmabuzzard
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #40: Sep 17, 2012 07:48:52 pm
      Exactly purplesnow

Thing is, the BBC is effectively paid for by the state. And Mackenzie won't have given his time for free I can assure you.

So we're in a position where this odious Murdochite lackey is being subsidised by you and by me and by every member of this forum.

Perhaps a little civil disobedience against the licence fee might be in order!
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #41: Sep 20, 2012 09:36:21 am
      The man is a c**t of the highest order. He deserved to be sued of every penny that he has acquired in a career filled with deceit and heartlessness.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #42: Sep 20, 2012 09:48:03 am
      isn't it about time this shallow xenophobic hateful empty lying little lickspittle was chased out of the public eye for good

as a so-called journalist he is supposed to question the information that comes his way, to look beyond the official line and see - and report - the real story on behalf of those who do not have a voice loud enough to be heard

instead he has spent a tainted career prepared to accept everything at face value - so long as it portrays someone in a negative light. he has spent years appealing to the worst in human nature by reporting sleaze, filth, and scandalous, sensationalist bile camouflaged as 'news'

time to consign this loathsome lackey of thatcherite dogma to the dustbin of history
      A very enlightened comment and well worth a +, nail on the head with the closing comment because there are millions of us who would happily put Thatcher's and MacKenzie's lights out yet unbelievably they are still held in high esteem by the establishment.
      They have worked well for their superiors.
      « Last Edit: Sep 20, 2012 10:36:56 am by stuey »
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #43: Sep 26, 2012 12:54:40 pm
      Lawyers acting for Kelvin MacKenzie have written to South Yorkshire Police seeking an apology for the circumstances that have led to his ‘personal vilification for decades’. Writing in tomorrow’s Spectator, the former Sun editor speaks out for the first time in detail about his fateful decision to print the now infamous ‘THE TRUTH’ headline in the red-top the day after the Hillsborough disaster in 1989.

The terms of the apology and any compensation are to be debated, but MacKenzie tells of police patrols being increased around his house and the physical danger he faces in the city of Liverpool. Kelvin admits that he was wrong, ‘but the people who have got away scot-free are South Yorkshire Police.’ He is seeking recompense for ‘the lies their officers told’.

‘Now I know — you know, we all know — that the fans were right. But it took 23 years, two inquiries, one inquest and research into 400,000 documents, many of which were kept secret under the 30-year no-publication rule, to discover there was a vast cover-up by South Yorkshire Police about the disaster. Where does that leave me?’

Talking more broadly about Hillsborough, MacKenzie highlights the countless other publications that ran the same ‘copper-bottomed’ story, and suggests motives for the Sun being singled out by a city ‘I (and the paper I edited) had nothing but warm thoughts about prior to that ghastly day’.

‘Liverpool fans didn’t turn on other media, only the Sun. That has always puzzled me. Was it picked out because the paper had always backed Thatcher, while the city had always been pro-Labour?’

With the police version of an event once again in the spotlight this week thanks to the Andrew Mitchell’s ‘Gate-gate’ saga, perhaps the embattled Chief Whip could take a leaf from MacKenzie’s book. If he believes the police are wrong, time to call the lawyers.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #44: Sep 26, 2012 12:59:52 pm
      F**k sake can the despicable toad stoop any lower?

Just go bury yourself at the bottom of the garden where other pond life lives  :mad:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #45: Sep 26, 2012 01:08:32 pm
      How much of a wan*er is this man? Has he no soul?

Will accept no blame at all will he. Cant say sorry

Die a horrible death you vile c**t
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #46: Sep 26, 2012 01:10:24 pm
      The man is rotten to the core.  Pure vermin.

.Kelvin MacKenzie instructs lawyers to seek apology from police over Hillsborough 'vilification'

Andrew Pugh
      26 September 2012

Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie has reportedly instructed his lawyers to seek an apology from South Yorkshire Police over his “personal vilification” following The Sun’s coverage of the Hillsborough disaster.

MacKenzie issued an apology earlier this month after the Hillsborough Independent Panel found there was no evidence to verify “the serious allegations of exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fans” during the disaster.

The now infamous Sun front page, published on 19 April 1989, was headlined THE TRUTH and was based on copy supplied by White's News Agency in Sheffield.

They based their report on interviews with un-named police sources, local Conservative MP Irvine Patnick and South Yorkshire Police Federation spokesperson Paul Middup.

It alleged that Liverpool fans had assaulted and urinated on police officers resuscitating the dying, stolen from the dead and sexually abused an unconscious young woman.

The Spectator reports today:

Writing in tomorrow’s Spectator, the former Sun editor speaks out for the first time in detail about his fateful decision to print the now infamous ‘THE TRUTH’ headline in the red-top the day after the Hillsborough disaster in 1989.

The terms of the apology and any compensation are to be debated, but MacKenzie tells of police patrols being increased around his house and the physical danger he faces in the city of Liverpool.

Kelvin admits that he was wrong, ‘but the people who have got away scot-free are South Yorkshire Police.’ He is seeking recompense for ‘the lies their officers told’.

MacKenzie was quoted saying:

Now I know — you know, we all know — that the fans were right. But it took 23 years, two inquiries, one inquest and research into  400,000 documents, many of which were kept secret under the 30-year no-publication rule, to discover there was a vast cover-up by South Yorkshire Police about the disaster. Where does that leave me?

He also suggests that other publications ran the same “copper-bottomed” story but The Sun was only one singled out:

Liverpool fans didn’t turn on other media, only the Sun. That has always puzzled me. Was it picked out because the paper had always backed Thatcher, while the city had always been pro-Labour?

While many of the allegations were first reported in the Sheffield Star the previous day, and they were carried in many other media outlets, The Sun went much further than any other title in presenting the allegations as fact. The coverage prompted a boycott of The Sun in Liverpool which continues to this day.

In his apology on 13 August, MacKenzie said:

Today I offer my profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool for that headline.

I too was totally misled. Twenty three ago I was handed a piece of copy from a reputable news agency in Sheffield in which a senior police officer and a senior local MP were making serious allegations against fans in the stadium.

I had absolutely no reason to believe that these authority figures would lie and deceive over such a disaster.

As the Prime Minister has made clear these allegations were wholly untrue and were part of a concerted plot by police officers to discredit the supporters thereby shifting the blame for the tragedy from themselves.

It has taken more than two decades, 400,000 documents and a two-year inquiry to discover to my horror that it would have been far more accurate had I written the headline The Lies rather than The Truth.

I published in good faith and I am sorry that it was so wrong.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/kelvin-mackenzie-instructs-lawyers-seek-apology-police-over-hillsborough-vilification
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #47: Sep 26, 2012 01:59:07 pm
      No one forced that piece of sh*t to run "THE TRUTH" as a headline.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #48: Sep 26, 2012 02:32:44 pm
      Not just vilification but 'compensation'. Cheeky c**t.

Apologies but I can't post the story, if someone could assist I'd be grateful.
      Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie seeks recompense from South Yorkshire Police for decades of "vilification" after Hillsborough
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #49: Sep 26, 2012 02:44:13 pm
      Is that the best he can come up with after 23 years?

He is F***ing lying again. He must be aware that no other national paper printed what the S*n printed as verbatim, as absolute fact, hence the title THE TRUTH. The S*n was the only paper not to qualify the lies with "allegedly" and the S*n was the only paper not to offer apologies the following day for printing lies that had been fed to them.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #50: Sep 26, 2012 02:51:26 pm
      Absolutely astonishing this.

Horrible, horrible little cretin.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #51: Sep 26, 2012 04:09:15 pm
      Kelvin shhh now. You are embarrassing yourself. Crawl back under your rock and die quietly.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #52: Sep 26, 2012 04:22:35 pm
      Just heard Brian Reade on Citytalk calling him delusional and saying for someone who works in the media his concept of the truth is laughable.

I'd also speculate that his (mckenzie) assertion that for the last 23 years if he attempted to enter Liverpool he would be 'in mortal danger' is a rule that will apply for the rest of his miserable, foul minded, and hopefully short life. I F***ing dare him.
      RedWilly

• 9,183 posts | 1635 
      Reply #53: Sep 26, 2012 05:13:47 pm
      I genuinely hope this gobs***e dies a sickening death, he's a c**t of the highest order and it's about time he was on the receiving end of some rough justice the F***ing clown. How dare he now try using the Hillsborough report to defend himself with. The cretin needs to be burnt at the F***ing stake.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #54: Sep 26, 2012 05:40:19 pm
      I genuinely hope this gobs***e dies a sickening death, he's a c**t of the highest order and it's about time he was on the receiving end of some rough justice the F***ing clown. How dare he now try using the Hillsborough report to defend himself with. The cretin needs to be burnt at the F***ing stake.

Karma will get him don't you worry. He will have a slow horrible painful death. And not one single person will show him any sympathy
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #55: Sep 26, 2012 05:43:35 pm
      Death would be too quick and painless for this c**t, I'd keep him alive and torture the piece of sh*t.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #56: Sep 26, 2012 05:52:58 pm
      What a cheeky little sh*t, pursuing compensation for a decision that he made. c**t.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #57: Sep 27, 2012 12:48:33 am
      Open reply to Kelvin McKenzie.

You had 23 years to apologize to us, you couldn't do that right.

Your own journalists told you not to print that headline.

The truth was there, you chose to ignore it, but like the slime ball you clearly are, you're looking to absolve yourself.  Tough sh*t.  KK told you what to needed to do 23 years ago, you said you couldn't.  Why couldn't you print the truth? Doesn't a real man admit his mistakes?

If you truly are claiming you were hoodwinked for over two decades, that you simply didn't know THE TRUTH, you are either the thickest man alive or the worst journalist ever born or, more likely, both.

Yours Sincerely

Signed by

Every Red fan and every football fan that has supported the campaign for the 96 knows you're a weaselly toad of an excuse for a human being.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #58: Sep 27, 2012 12:53:59 am
      After the events of two weeks ago my anger towards this man has just turned into pitiful laughter towards him.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #59: Sep 27, 2012 01:17:03 am
      Is that the best he can come up with after 23 years?

He is F***ing lying again. He must be aware that no other national paper printed what the S*n printed as verbatim, as absolute fact, hence the title THE TRUTH. The S*n was the only paper not to qualify the lies with "allegedly" and the S*n was the only paper not to offer apologies the following day for printing lies that had been fed to them.
      Words are a dangerous thing HR and their lies have backfired on them . he hasn't even begun to fathom the severity he's in . What a weasle he is.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #60: Sep 27, 2012 07:17:16 am
      Unfucking believable what a tw*t this c**t is,your a liar and delusional,just please shut up.knobhead.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #61: Sep 27, 2012 08:24:54 am
      The only thing he has achieved with his pathetic whinge is make himself look even more of a lowlife.  I didn't think that was possible.  What a totally vile person he is.

As pointed out today in Brian Reade's column in the Mirror:

Kelvin MacKenzie playing a victim of Hillsborough is as astonishing as it is hurtful

He has known since The Taylor Report of 1989 that his front page was wrong yet his vanity would not allow him to retract it

Victim? Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie
      Reuters

There I was naively believing there were only 96 victims of Hillsborough. How wrong could I be?

It turns out we have a 97th. A poor, wretched soul called Kelvin MacKenzie.

A casualty of a gross injustice, who now wants an apology from the police for forcing him to publish a Truth which stole his reputation and urinated on his credibility.

Oh, dear, his mind must be so tortured by guilt he has become delusional.

MacKenzie playing a victim of Hillsborough is as astonishing as it is hurtful, not merely to the bereaved families, but the survivors and fans who have been forced for 23 years to fight a grotesque slur he, more than any other individual promoted.

That they killed their own.

He has known since The Taylor Report of August 1989, that his infamous front page had libelled thousands of innocent people, yet his vanity would not allow him to retract it.

On numerous occasions since he has re-stated it and refused to apologise.

Yet now he’s been proven emphatically wrong, and sees his personal and professional integrity sink into the gutter, we’re supposed to believe he was the victim of an Establishment con. Even though he was at the very heart of it.

He whines about being vilified. “Where does that leave me?” he bleats.

Well, from where I’m standing, crawling out from under the same rock you were the night you laid out a Sun front page that only you could have dreamt up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kelvin-mackenzie-playing-victim-of-hillsborough-1346306
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #62: Sep 27, 2012 09:48:30 am
      A police spokesman said Mr MacKenzie was ''responsible for the particular headline he chose to run with''.

While the police are not on a pedestal regarding corruption they do have the capability of pissing on the c**t MacKenzie from a dizzy height.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #63: Sep 27, 2012 10:31:25 am
      I'll be having a day off when Thatcher dies.

I'll be having another day off when this c**t dies.

I mean every word of that.

The sooner they both die the better.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #64: Sep 27, 2012 04:22:30 pm

There'll be street parties in Liverpool mate and free ale for everyone.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #65: Sep 27, 2012 04:44:13 pm
      I'd also speculate that his (mckenzie) assertion that for the last 23 years if he attempted to enter Liverpool he would be 'in mortal danger' is a rule that will apply for the rest of his miserable, foul minded, and hopefully short life. I F***ing dare him.

Yeah like he's ever had the bollocks to visit the City, the f**ker has an inbuilt hatred of the city being a cock-sucking mouthpiece of the tory party.
      lancashirelad
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      • I'm only satisfied with the best
      Reply #66: Sep 27, 2012 05:29:45 pm
      Its pathetic how he hangs on to his delusional form of "honesty" we see right through you McKenzie, and its not good, your time will come.
      Step up to the plate and apologize to the families of the 96 for the grief you have caused them over the past 23 years you b*****d
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #67: Sep 27, 2012 05:35:09 pm
      Its pathetic how he hangs on to his delusional form of "honesty" we see right through you McKenzie, and its not good, your time will come.
      Step up to the plate and apologize to the families of the 96 for the grief you have caused them over the past 23 years you b*****d

His apology is worth F**k all, the man is a c**t and the only saving grace it won't be long before he's pushing up the daisies just like his F***ing hero, that bi*ch Thatcher.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #68: Sep 27, 2012 05:40:46 pm
      His apology is worth F**k all, the man is a c**t and the only saving grace it won't be long before he's pushing up the daisies just like his F***ing hero, that bi*ch Thatcher.

As long as his death is a long and very painfull process
      BirkenshawBantam
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #69: Sep 27, 2012 05:47:20 pm
      The biggest cretin on earth, complete and utter waste of oxygen everything that comes out of that waste of spunks mouth is lies, lies and more lies.

I know I resent him so I can only imagine how Liverpudlians feel, such a f**king scumbag.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #70: Sep 27, 2012 05:58:09 pm
      Yeah like he's ever had the bollocks to visit the City, the f**ker has an inbuilt hatred of the city being a cock-sucking mouthpiece of the tory party.

You have to admit tho' HR, it'd be F***ing nice if he did.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #71: Sep 27, 2012 05:59:40 pm

The c**t was on some programme claiming he had and no taxi drivers recognised him. I'd love to see him anywhere would not stop punching the c**t.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #72: Sep 27, 2012 06:00:55 pm

He would be murdered.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #73: Sep 27, 2012 11:11:53 pm

Not straight away. I'd think it poetic justice if someone pissed on him and stole his money first.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #74: Sep 27, 2012 11:21:03 pm
      Absoulute scum this pathetic ball bag.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #75: Sep 28, 2012 12:25:47 am
      Finding it hard to say how I feel about this putrid man.  I can only echo the sentiments that I hope he dies horribly NOW he knows the truth is out.  You are one of the worst sh*t-stiring lying bas**rds the world has ever seen MacKenzie.  May you rot in hell you horrible excuse for a man.

Evil personified.
      EverReddy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      • Men of Shankly's Best
      Reply #76: Sep 28, 2012 02:50:14 am
      Lying scum has no shame.

After he's been crushed to death I will spit on him, pee on him, pick is pockets and then tell his family it was all his own fault.

He better stay down south or he'll know the true meaning of the word 'sorry'
      LFCexiled
      Reply #77: Sep 28, 2012 08:00:58 am
      Not straight away. I'd think it poetic justice if someone pissed on him and stole his money first.

Lets not forget the part of that article that constantly gets overlooked, he would also need to be sexually abused. Preferably with a nail embedded baseball bat.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #78: Sep 28, 2012 09:03:45 am
      No Hillsborough apology to Kelvin MacKenzie from police

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-19753436

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #79: Sep 28, 2012 09:15:43 am
      bbc news

No Police Apology For S** Editor

South Yorkshire's chief constable says his force will not apologise to former S** editor Kelvin MacKenzie over fallout from the Hillsborough disaster.
      Mr MacKenzie's lawyers had sought an apology for the ''vilification'' he had received after false accusations were passed off as fact in his newspaper.
      Mr MacKenzie claimed senior officers were the source of the story.
      Chief Constable David Crompton said Mr MacKenzie was responsible for the article's headline ''The Truth''.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-19753436

As has been proved there was collusion involving Yorkshire Police and the media in the Hillsborough cover up.
      They were all aware that ultimately they would be calling innocent people murderers and defiling the memory of the dead.
      While we are thankful the real truth has been exposed the culprits are trying to extricate themselves from varying degrees of guilt.
      MacKenzie will get the bullet initially followed by elevations of rank in the police force - ultimately we start talking politics and the witch Thatcher. 
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2012 09:38:01 am by stuey »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #80: Sep 28, 2012 10:30:39 am
      I think we should all cut him some slack, lul him into a false sense of security and invite him to Liverpool............
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #81: Sep 28, 2012 10:41:32 am
      I think we should all cut him some slack, lul him into a false sense of security and invite him to Liverpool............

I'll pick him up and drive him to the Sandon - such get a nice welcome there
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #82: Sep 28, 2012 10:48:16 am
      Isn't it a journalists job to fact check? 

Are we meant to apologize every time someone doesn't do their job correctly?

You fu**ed up, take your medicine you weaselly f***er.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #83: Sep 28, 2012 11:20:20 am
      Isn't it a journalists job to fact check? 

Are we meant to apologize every time someone doesn't do their job correctly?

You fu**ed up, take your medicine you weaselly f***er.

The c**t has resisted calls for 23 years to withdraw his evil accusations now is the time to pay, MacKenzie will be the first of many heads to roll, how I wish that was not a euphemism.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #84: Sep 28, 2012 12:33:20 pm
      Tattoo "I Hate Mohammed" on his forehead then send him to Kabul.
      Alone.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #85: Sep 28, 2012 12:55:59 pm
      Alone.

If he makes it to Kabul that is  ;)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #86: Sep 28, 2012 03:24:42 pm
      Alone.

What does Younes Kaboul have to do with anything?! :laugh:

All kidding aside, how big a c**t to do gotta be to try and seek an apology for a headline YOU were entirely responsible for? It's unbelievable.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,102 posts | 8524 
      Reply #87: Sep 28, 2012 05:26:14 pm
      alex thomson ‏@alextomo
      K MacKenzie laments being unable to go to a party in Liverpool this autumn because he fears for his life if he went there.

alex thomson ‏@alextomo
      K Mackenzie: "...were I to be seen in (Liverpool) I would literally be in mortal danger. I am not exaggerating."

alex thomson ‏@alextomo
      K MacKenzie says he faces physical danger in Liverpool and police patrols have been stepped up at his home.

alex thomson ‏@alextomo
      There was no sign of police at his home when we called there recently.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #88: Sep 28, 2012 05:48:47 pm
      alex thomson ‏@alextomo
      K MacKenzie laments being unable to go to a party in Liverpool this autumn because he fears for his life if he went there.

alex thomson ‏@alextomo
      K Mackenzie: "...were I to be seen in (Liverpool) I would literally be in mortal danger. I am not exaggerating."

alex thomson ‏@alextomo
      K MacKenzie says he faces physical danger in Liverpool and police patrols have been stepped up at his home.

alex thomson ‏@alextomo
      There was no sign of police at his home when we called there recently.
      Haha the soft b***ard thinks it's police pacing up and down outside his house.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #89: Sep 28, 2012 09:36:15 pm
      Kelvin MacKenzie destroyed his own reputation years before Hillsborough
      Tabloids can produce great journalism. But this former Sun editor did more to corrupt political debate than anyone

Tanya Gold
      The Guardian, Friday 28 September 2012 20.00 BST

Kelvin MacKenzie, the former editor of the "soaraway" Sun, is now an Ozymandias lying in a sandy pile of topless girls playing darts, and trampolining dwarves. He writes in the Spectator that he wants an apology from the South Yorkshire police, because they lied to his sources about what happened at Hillsborough, and that is why he printed his infamous headline "The Truth".

This "led to my personal vilification for decades. Where does that leave me?" he asks, the sad, small boy who is one of his fascinating selves. Does he really believe the South Yorkshire police destroyed his reputation? Read Stick It Up Your Punter! The Rise and Fall of the Sun, by Peter Chippindale and Chris Horrie. It is an astonishing narrative about the Sun under MacKenzie's editorship, which is so shocking he would probably have serialised it, if it hadn't been about him. MacKenzie was misinformed about Hillsborough, it is true, but he was already heading for a crisis.

MacKenzie was the editor, and the embodiment, of the Sun when it was at its zenith, from 1981 to 1994, with sales of 4 million. He presided over a culture of fury, malice and lies. It was not journalism, designed to enlighten. It was anti-journalism, designed to obscure, and he corrupted a generation of his own journalists and political discourse generally, as he created a newspaper in his own image. He was the Sun, and retrospective self-pity does not sit well with him, even as he stews at home, and calls his lawyers.

A few MacKenzie scoops, Hillsborough aside, from Chippindale and Horrie: a five-year-old boy with septicaemia and meningitis, who has no fear of danger and so constantly hurts himself, is photographed making a fist (the photographer told him to) under the headline "The worst brat in Britain". This destroys MacKenzie's own fantasy that he was a kind of screaming Robin Hood, for the weak against the strong, a bulwark against corrupt politicians and hedonistic (that is to say, gay) celebrities. His homophobia was all-consuming. Stories included these: straight people can't get Aids; Elton John uses rent boys; Aids is a "gay plague"; Peter Tatchell goes to gay Olympics (this was splashed when Tatchell was running for Labour in the Bermondsey byelection in 1983. MacKenzie knew it wasn't true when he published it; he just put "goes to gay Olympics" in quotation marks). None of the above stories were true.

Then there was his politics. The "barmy left" narrative did not begin under MacKenzie – it was David English at the Daily Mail who created it – but he inflated it, like a wild balloon. He ran stories about children being banned from singing Baa, Baa, Black Sheep. The rights groups and the left are still tainted by the ghost of this nonsense. He employed a psychiatrist to assess Tony Benn and printed the "results": Benn was apparently "insane". In the 1987 general election campaign, mediums were employed to contact dead leaders and ask their voting preferences. The only ghost to endorse Labour was Joseph Stalin; Genghis Khan was a "don't know". MacKenzie often claimed to protect "the people" – like Charles Foster Kane, he talked of the people as if he owned them – but he did more to corrupt political debate than anyone.

There was an entire culture of dishonesty at the Sun, known in the trade as "Let's fudge it". MacKenzie told Harry Arnold, his royal reporter, to get a Monday splash about the royals, no matter what. "Don't worry if it's not true," he says in Stick It Up Your Punter, "so long as there's not too much of a fuss about it afterwards." The wealthy sued, but it usually didn't matter; the papers had already been sold. And the obscure? They couldn't afford to sue.

There was invasion into privacy too, a phenomenon that has led to Steve Coogan and Hugh Grant wandering around the Liberal Democrat conference last week, campaigning with Hacked Off for an end to press intrusion. MacKenzie published a deathbed shot of David Niven and put the victim of the Ealing vicarage rape on the front page as she went to church, with only a black bar across her eyes. "Why do it?" his colleagues asked. "Why not?" MacKenzie replied. He always pushed the line – he called it bravery.

Tabloids can, and do, produce great journalism; the schism between broadsheet (good) and tabloid (bad) is an invention, born of snobbery and ignorance, perpetrated by people who read them not at all, or far too much. MacKenzie's "soaraway" Sun was something different. MacKenzie destroyed his own reputation years before Hillsborough. That is the headline, although he would phrase it differently.

Twitter: @TanyaGold1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/sep/28/kelvin-mackenzie-destroyed-reputation-years-hillsborough?CMP=twt_gu

An insight in to the c**t that is Kelvin MacKenzie.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #90: Sep 28, 2012 10:23:23 pm
      An extremely well written piece which clinically disects the carcass of evil that is MacKenzie.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #91: Sep 28, 2012 10:43:58 pm
      An insight in to the c**t that is Kelvin MacKenzie.

He is such a disgusting person.  100% dirtbag.  Everyday I find a bit more contempt in my heart for him, when it is already overflowing.

If anything bad ever happens to him, it will be wholly deserved.

The man makes me sick.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #92: Sep 29, 2012 09:57:27 am
      Kelvin MacKenzie destroyed his own reputation years before Hillsborough
      Tabloids can produce great journalism. But this former Sun editor did more to corrupt political debate than anyone

Tanya Gold
      The Guardian, Friday 28 September 2012 20.00 BST

Kelvin MacKenzie, the former editor of the "soaraway" Scum, is now an Ozymandias lying in a sandy pile of topless girls playing darts, and trampolining dwarves. He writes in the Spectator that he wants an apology from the South Yorkshire police, because they lied to his sources about what happened at Hillsborough, and that is why he printed his infamous headline "The Truth".

IN Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
             Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
             The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
           "I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
             "The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
           "The wonders of my hand."— The City's gone,—
             Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
           The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder,—and some Hunter may express
           Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
             Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
           He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
             What powerful but unrecorded race
             Once dwelt in that annihilated place.

– Horace Smith.
      [/n][/n]
         The mighty doth eventually fall.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #93: Sep 29, 2012 12:34:55 pm

IN Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
             Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
             The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
           "I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
             "The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
           "The wonders of my hand."— The City's gone,—
             Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
           The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder,—and some Hunter may express
           Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
             Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
           He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
             What powerful but unrecorded race
             Once dwelt in that annihilated place.

– Horace Smith.
      [/n][/n]
         The mighty doth eventually fall.
      ....and the pr**k that is Terry is on his knees.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #94: Sep 29, 2012 09:15:58 pm
      The lady doth protest too much, methinks
      Hamlet, Act III, scene II
      I guess, if we were in the early 1940's he would be dressed in black, and only following orders.

The problem is that he as a lot of money, and he can just disappear and live very comfortably. c**t.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #95: Sep 30, 2012 11:19:30 am

With you there Hardcore

As a wider family we've always said that wherever we are in the UK when we hear the witch is dead we're having a party and and a bbq - it'll be worth the cost of a gazebo and a patio heater even if it's the middle of winter. My brother stays about 5 hours away so should be achievable

As for this fool - he is the living embodiment of the term "bottom feeder" literally beneath contempt but I'll raise a glass or 6 to his demise.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #96: Sep 30, 2012 11:43:41 am
      ....and the pr**k that is Terry is on his knees.
      Sorry about that; had just been posting about the other F***ing pr**k Terry and went off tangent with a comment about the pr**k in question.

Quick Reply