Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Mackenzie Now Blames Liverpool Media and Liverpool Journalists

Read 17109 times
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: Mackenzie Now Blames Liverpool Media and Liverpool Journalists
      Reply #46: Sep 26, 2012 01:10:24 pm
      The man is rotten to the core.  Pure vermin.

.Kelvin MacKenzie instructs lawyers to seek apology from police over Hillsborough 'vilification'

Andrew Pugh
      26 September 2012

Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie has reportedly instructed his lawyers to seek an apology from South Yorkshire Police over his ā€œpersonal vilificationā€ following The Sunā€™s coverage of the Hillsborough disaster.

MacKenzie issued an apology earlier this month after the Hillsborough Independent Panel found there was no evidence to verify ā€œthe serious allegations of exceptional levels of drunkenness, ticketlessness or violence among Liverpool fansā€ during the disaster.

The now infamous Sun front page, published on 19 April 1989, was headlined THE TRUTH and was based on copy supplied by White's News Agency in Sheffield.

They based their report on interviews with un-named police sources, local Conservative MP Irvine Patnick and South Yorkshire Police Federation spokesperson Paul Middup.

It alleged that Liverpool fans had assaulted and urinated on police officers resuscitating the dying, stolen from the dead and sexually abused an unconscious young woman.

The Spectator reports today:

Writing in tomorrowā€™s Spectator, the former Sun editor speaks out for the first time in detail about his fateful decision to print the now infamous ā€˜THE TRUTHā€™ headline in the red-top the day after the Hillsborough disaster in 1989.

The terms of the apology and any compensation are to be debated, but MacKenzie tells of police patrols being increased around his house and the physical danger he faces in the city of Liverpool.

Kelvin admits that he was wrong, ā€˜but the people who have got away scot-free are South Yorkshire Police.ā€™ He is seeking recompense for ā€˜the lies their officers toldā€™.

MacKenzie was quoted saying:

Now I know ā€” you know, we all know ā€” that the fans were right. But it took 23 years, two inquiries, one inquest and research into  400,000 documents, many of which were kept secret under the 30-year no-publication rule, to discover there was a vast cover-up by South Yorkshire Police about the disaster. Where does that leave me?

He also suggests that other publications ran the same ā€œcopper-bottomedā€ story but The Sun was only one singled out:

Liverpool fans didnā€™t turn on other media, only the Sun. That has always puzzled me. Was it picked out because the paper had always backed Thatcher, while the city had always been pro-Labour?

While many of the allegations were first reported in the Sheffield Star the previous day, and they were carried in many other media outlets, The Sun went much further than any other title in presenting the allegations as fact. The coverage prompted a boycott of The Sun in Liverpool which continues to this day.

In his apology on 13 August, MacKenzie said:

Today I offer my profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool for that headline.

I too was totally misled. Twenty three ago I was handed a piece of copy from a reputable news agency in Sheffield in which a senior police officer and a senior local MP were making serious allegations against fans in the stadium.

I had absolutely no reason to believe that these authority figures would lie and deceive over such a disaster.

As the Prime Minister has made clear these allegations were wholly untrue and were part of a concerted plot by police officers to discredit the supporters thereby shifting the blame for the tragedy from themselves.

It has taken more than two decades, 400,000 documents and a two-year inquiry to discover to my horror that it would have been far more accurate had I written the headline The Lies rather than The Truth.

I published in good faith and I am sorry that it was so wrong.

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/kelvin-mackenzie-instructs-lawyers-seek-apology-police-over-hillsborough-vilification
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #47: Sep 26, 2012 01:59:07 pm
      No one forced that piece of sh*t to run "THE TRUTH" as a headline.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #48: Sep 26, 2012 02:32:44 pm
      Not just vilification but 'compensation'. Cheeky c**t.

Apologies but I can't post the story, if someone could assist I'd be grateful.
      Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie seeks recompense from South Yorkshire Police for decades of "vilification" after Hillsborough
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,212 posts | 8569 
      Reply #49: Sep 26, 2012 02:44:13 pm
      Is that the best he can come up with after 23 years?

He is F***ing lying again. He must be aware that no other national paper printed what the S*n printed as verbatim, as absolute fact, hence the title THE TRUTH. The S*n was the only paper not to qualify the lies with "allegedly" and the S*n was the only paper not to offer apologies the following day for printing lies that had been fed to them.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #50: Sep 26, 2012 02:51:26 pm
      Absolutely astonishing this.

Horrible, horrible little cretin.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #51: Sep 26, 2012 04:09:15 pm
      Kelvin shhh now. You are embarrassing yourself. Crawl back under your rock and die quietly.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #52: Sep 26, 2012 04:22:35 pm
      Just heard Brian Reade on Citytalk calling him delusional and saying for someone who works in the media his concept of the truth is laughable.

I'd also speculate that his (mckenzie) assertion that for the last 23 years if he attempted to enter Liverpool he would be 'in mortal danger' is a rule that will apply for the rest of his miserable, foul minded, and hopefully short life. I F***ing dare him.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #53: Sep 26, 2012 05:13:47 pm
      I genuinely hope this gobs***e dies a sickening death, he's a c**t of the highest order and it's about time he was on the receiving end of some rough justice the F***ing clown. How dare he now try using the Hillsborough report to defend himself with. The cretin needs to be burnt at the F***ing stake.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #54: Sep 26, 2012 05:40:19 pm
      I genuinely hope this gobs***e dies a sickening death, he's a c**t of the highest order and it's about time he was on the receiving end of some rough justice the F***ing clown. How dare he now try using the Hillsborough report to defend himself with. The cretin needs to be burnt at the F***ing stake.

Karma will get him don't you worry. He will have a slow horrible painful death. And not one single person will show him any sympathy
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #55: Sep 26, 2012 05:43:35 pm
      Death would be too quick and painless for this c**t, I'd keep him alive and torture the piece of sh*t.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #56: Sep 26, 2012 05:52:58 pm
      What a cheeky little sh*t, pursuing compensation for a decision that he made. c**t.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #57: Sep 27, 2012 12:48:33 am
      Open reply to Kelvin McKenzie.

You had 23 years to apologize to us, you couldn't do that right.

Your own journalists told you not to print that headline.

The truth was there, you chose to ignore it, but like the slime ball you clearly are, you're looking to absolve yourself.  Tough sh*t.  KK told you what to needed to do 23 years ago, you said you couldn't.  Why couldn't you print the truth? Doesn't a real man admit his mistakes?

If you truly are claiming you were hoodwinked for over two decades, that you simply didn't know THE TRUTH, you are either the thickest man alive or the worst journalist ever born or, more likely, both.

Yours Sincerely

Signed by

Every Red fan and every football fan that has supported the campaign for the 96 knows you're a weaselly toad of an excuse for a human being.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #58: Sep 27, 2012 12:53:59 am
      After the events of two weeks ago my anger towards this man has just turned into pitiful laughter towards him.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #59: Sep 27, 2012 01:17:03 am
      Is that the best he can come up with after 23 years?

He is F***ing lying again. He must be aware that no other national paper printed what the S*n printed as verbatim, as absolute fact, hence the title THE TRUTH. The S*n was the only paper not to qualify the lies with "allegedly" and the S*n was the only paper not to offer apologies the following day for printing lies that had been fed to them.
      Words are a dangerous thing HR and their lies have backfired on them . he hasn't even begun to fathom the severity he's in . What a weasle he is.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #60: Sep 27, 2012 07:17:16 am
      Unfucking believable what a tw*t this c**t is,your a liar and delusional,just please shut up.knobhead.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #61: Sep 27, 2012 08:24:54 am
      The only thing he has achieved with his pathetic whinge is make himself look even more of a lowlife.  I didn't think that was possible.  What a totally vile person he is.

As pointed out today in Brian Reade's column in the Mirror:

Kelvin MacKenzie playing a victim of Hillsborough is as astonishing as it is hurtful

He has known since The Taylor Report of 1989 that his front page was wrong yet his vanity would not allow him to retract it

Victim? Former Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie
      Reuters

There I was naively believing there were only 96 victims of Hillsborough. How wrong could I be?

It turns out we have a 97th. A poor, wretched soul called Kelvin MacKenzie.

A casualty of a gross injustice, who now wants an apology from the police for forcing him to publish a Truth which stole his reputation and urinated on his credibility.

Oh, dear, his mind must be so tortured by guilt he has become delusional.

MacKenzie playing a victim of Hillsborough is as astonishing as it is hurtful, not merely to the bereaved families, but the survivors and fans who have been forced for 23 years to fight a grotesque slur he, more than any other individual promoted.

That they killed their own.

He has known since The Taylor Report of August 1989, that his infamous front page had libelled thousands of innocent people, yet his vanity would not allow him to retract it.

On numerous occasions since he has re-stated it and refused to apologise.

Yet now heā€™s been proven emphatically wrong, and sees his personal and professional integrity sink into the gutter, weā€™re supposed to believe he was the victim of an Establishment con. Even though he was at the very heart of it.

He whines about being vilified. ā€œWhere does that leave me?ā€ he bleats.

Well, from where Iā€™m standing, crawling out from under the same rock you were the night you laid out a Sun front page that only you could have dreamt up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kelvin-mackenzie-playing-victim-of-hillsborough-1346306
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #62: Sep 27, 2012 09:48:30 am
      A police spokesman said Mr MacKenzie was ''responsible for the particular headline he chose to run with''.

While the police are not on a pedestal regarding corruption they do have the capability of pissing on the c**t MacKenzie from a dizzy height.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #63: Sep 27, 2012 10:31:25 am
      I'll be having a day off when Thatcher dies.

I'll be having another day off when this c**t dies.

I mean every word of that.

The sooner they both die the better.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #64: Sep 27, 2012 04:22:30 pm
      I'll be having a day off when Thatcher dies.

I'll be having another day off when this c**t dies.

I mean every word of that.

The sooner they both die the better.
      There'll be street parties in Liverpool mate and free ale for everyone.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,212 posts | 8569 
      Reply #65: Sep 27, 2012 04:44:13 pm
      I'd also speculate that his (mckenzie) assertion that for the last 23 years if he attempted to enter Liverpool he would be 'in mortal danger' is a rule that will apply for the rest of his miserable, foul minded, and hopefully short life. I F***ing dare him.

Yeah like he's ever had the bollocks to visit the City, the f**ker has an inbuilt hatred of the city being a cock-sucking mouthpiece of the tory party.
      lancashirelad
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      • I'm only satisfied with the best
      Reply #66: Sep 27, 2012 05:29:45 pm
      Its pathetic how he hangs on to his delusional form of "honesty" we see right through you McKenzie, and its not good, your time will come.
      Step up to the plate and apologize to the families of the 96 for the grief you have caused them over the past 23 years you b*****d
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,212 posts | 8569 
      Reply #67: Sep 27, 2012 05:35:09 pm
      Its pathetic how he hangs on to his delusional form of "honesty" we see right through you McKenzie, and its not good, your time will come.
      Step up to the plate and apologize to the families of the 96 for the grief you have caused them over the past 23 years you b*****d

His apology is worth F**k all, the man is a c**t and the only saving grace it won't be long before he's pushing up the daisies just like his F***ing hero, that bi*ch Thatcher.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #68: Sep 27, 2012 05:40:46 pm
      His apology is worth F**k all, the man is a c**t and the only saving grace it won't be long before he's pushing up the daisies just like his F***ing hero, that bi*ch Thatcher.

As long as his death is a long and very painfull process

Quick Reply