Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Xherdan Shaqiri (FC Basel)

Read 11881 times
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Xherdan Shaqiri (FC Basel)
      Dec 09, 2011 06:11:42 pm
      Wednesday night's man of the match performance from FC Basel star Xherdan Shaqiri firmly put him on the Barclays Premier League radar with Liverpool eager to bring the attacking midfielder to England in January.

The 20-year-old provided the assist for both Basel goals against Manchester United which saw them progress to the latter stages of the competition and many pundits believe that his performance last night was a 'come and get me' plea from the Swiss international who has shown in recent game why he is destined for great things.

Basel are resigned to losing him when the transfer window re-opens, and Liverpool hope to take advantage and beat a whole host of clubs including Manchester City and Barcelona.

It's thought that Shaqiri has a desire to play in the Barclays Premier League though Barcelona hope to persuade the player to join them in Spain, but Liverpool are thought to be offering the promise of first-team football which could sway the youngster's decision.

Basel are believed to be holding out for around £15 million, however, with more clubs becoming interested at a fast rate, Basel could demand more for the player.

Source: Footylatest

After his performance against United and previous links to a move to us from last year. Do you think we should get him?
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri (FC Basel)
      Reply #1: Dec 09, 2011 06:25:53 pm
      Admit I didn't like him, although watching the U-21 Euros this summer turned me on to his skill. I didn't see him against the Manc sh*te but by all accounts he was class.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Dec 09, 2011 06:34:06 pm
      Id take him. Price is everything though. Similar type to Silva and Mata
      Bier
      Reply #3: Dec 09, 2011 06:45:04 pm
      Only thing that raises doubt with me, is that he isn't very productive in the swiss league. Basel is the best swiss team too, first in the league. For a player to be good enough for us, I'd kind of expect him to be producing goals and assists all over the place.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Dec 09, 2011 06:58:10 pm
      I think i might be alone here but i don't quite see what's so special about him? He had a decent game but he didn't really impress me.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5: Dec 09, 2011 08:27:50 pm
      I think i might be alone here but i don't quite see what's so special about him? He had a decent game but he didn't really impress me.

Nah, you ain't alone he was all action and movement but very little else, no end product and a sh*te right peg. Who knows tho'; with a bit of work he might improve. Not for me, I'm afraid tho'.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #6: Dec 09, 2011 08:45:35 pm

Agreed mate, couple of times I felt the other night he held onto the ball too much when a pass was on or as we called them when we were younger a "ball greedy b***ard"
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Dec 09, 2011 09:36:42 pm
      Or "glory hunting b***ard" if you will.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: Dec 09, 2011 09:55:02 pm
      Did he not make both goals bit much to say he has no end product. Only problem i have is his physique. Technically he has a lot of talent
      Haris
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9: Dec 09, 2011 09:58:36 pm
      Id take him. Price is everything though. Similar type to Silva and Mata

And we need play like these two!

Shaqiri is class, and had a excellent performance against scum. He would be a magnificent buy in my opinion!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10: Dec 10, 2011 01:16:07 am
      He was greedy at times, but then he may think he needs to be with Basel, especially when playing United with the world watching. Eager to impress and all that.

He is also very left pegged, runs around the ball a lot just to get on his left foot, which is a negative.

I do however like him, and think he has a lot potential, certainly worth a place at a bigger European club IMO.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #11: Dec 10, 2011 01:28:44 am
      Maradona was one footed. His right leg was for standing on. Okay not a great comparsion. I said during the Fulham match we were missing a number ten. This lad could do a job for us he is a lot better than some think.  I first took notice of him last summer at the euros after tiago and martinez he was the best player there.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #12: Dec 10, 2011 01:31:35 am
      Would of been well worth the 5m in the summer. Not sure he's worth anymore than 8-10 like I said elsewhere
      adidas
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #13: Dec 10, 2011 01:35:30 am
      We should fast track stirling into that place instead, after all it worked for owen...sorry for swearing on here.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #14: Dec 10, 2011 01:39:35 am
      Sterling is currently struggling in the reserves.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #15: Dec 10, 2011 01:51:29 am

Yup, been a disappointing season so far for Raheem, add Suso into that as well so cannot see them breaking into the first team any time soon.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #16: Dec 10, 2011 01:53:10 am

Haven't watched them for a while, but could it be a case of burnout due to appearing for the England Youth in mexico during the summer.
      Bier
      Reply #17: Dec 10, 2011 01:53:12 am
      But seeing his production in the swiss league, if he'd join us his production would probably intially halve, think that's a fair thing to assume. And that would mean he wouldn't make an immediate impact, or probably not even start for us. He'll need at least 1 or 2 seasons. Not sure if that's the type of player we need right now, and for that money also.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #18: Dec 10, 2011 01:59:52 am
      Id take him for ten million i think a playmarker number ten is exactly what we need to take the burden off Suarez for having to create everything
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: Dec 10, 2011 02:03:37 am
      Haven't watched them for a while, but could it be a case of burnout due to appearing for the England Youth in mexico during the summer.
      ya still only 16 still has a lot of developing to do
      Bier
      Reply #20: Dec 10, 2011 02:06:25 am
      Id take him for ten million i think a playmarker number ten is exactly what we need to take the burden off Suarez for having to create everything
      But he plays on the wing for Basel doesnt he?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #21: Dec 10, 2011 02:18:30 am
      He looked fairly central the other night when i watched him at them euros it was in a central role
      Bier
      Reply #22: Dec 10, 2011 02:26:26 am
      Them euros? I just know he always plays on the right wing for Basel. He switches to the other side aswell, but Basel don't play with a 10 position. They play with 2 strikers, 2 wingers and 2 central more controlling midfielders.

To be honest, just from what I've seen of him he doesn't seem the playmaker type, not for a big club anyway. He doesn't exactly produce many assists either in the swiss league. Doesn't seem to have that abbility to read the game and have vision and brilliant passing. He's more the type to just dribble with the ball, make an action and end up with a shot or a cross.
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2011 02:45:11 am by Bier »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #23: Dec 10, 2011 02:45:25 am
      More than capable of playing the role. He was more central the other night.  Im talking about the u-21s last summer.  I think he will end up playing a more central role when he gains more game intelligence. A bit like the way messi Silva and Mata all started in wide roles. I wouldn't buy him to play wide in a 4-4-2 but then that was on of the reasons not to buy Mata as well.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #24: Dec 10, 2011 08:38:25 am
      Better youngsters to be had for 10m in my opinion. Rather get Diego who i believe is on a free at the end of this season? (yes i know he's not young but if Shaqiri is a 10, i'd rather Diego).
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #25: Dec 10, 2011 12:37:16 pm
      Did Diego not join athletico last summer.  How is he doing with them.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #26: Dec 10, 2011 01:12:54 pm
      I think this lad could suit the english game perfectly. Hes a tank and very strong. Id like to see him here
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Dec 10, 2011 01:23:56 pm
      Sounds like an Indie Rock Band. \o/
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #28: Dec 11, 2011 12:50:05 am
      Did Diego not join athletico last summer.
      He is on loan.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #29: Dec 11, 2011 03:02:47 am
      Im tired of taking this guy for 10m, or that guy for 14, or another guy for 20 in hopes he comes good.. spend the money for a real player.  Spend on someone already proven and under 26 yrs old, make it happen, its the only way.  You buy 1 awesome player every window, that's all we really need to do.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Dec 11, 2011 06:31:26 am
      Watched the game again this morning on replay. He honestly was nothing special. Nice few crosses but his game wasn't something to stand up and take notice of.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #31: Dec 11, 2011 08:14:07 am
      He will be too expensive for what he is worth since Basel will be asking a premium now that they have qualified to the knockout stages.
      alliphone
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts | -32 
      Reply #32: Dec 11, 2011 11:21:48 am
      IMHO, I won't see he's leaving Basel during this January transfer windows.  Basel now is in last 16 of UCL.
      el-g-toni
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
      • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
      Reply #33: Dec 12, 2011 03:59:01 pm
      el-g-toni
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
      • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
      Reply #34: Dec 12, 2011 04:03:52 pm
      3 Tore von Xherdan Shaqiri ( Switzerland - Bulgaria 3-1 06.09.2011 )
      What a player...he is just 20...very talented player.
      el-g-toni
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
      • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
      Reply #35: Dec 12, 2011 04:10:17 pm
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #36: Dec 14, 2011 03:58:18 am
      I can see a bit of Suarez in him in those videos.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #37: Dec 14, 2011 11:16:34 pm
      Definitely has talent but get the feeling he enjoys being the big fish in a small pond and that he disappears far too often from what I've heard, certainly don't watch enough Basel football to have a strong negative feeling, just don't think he's right for us.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #38: Dec 20, 2011 02:39:27 am

UNITED TARGET NEW MESSI

20th December 2011
      By Jeremy Cross

SIR ALEX FERGUSON has joined arch-rivals Liverpool in the battle to sign Xherdan Shaqiri – the man dubbed the new Lionel Messi.

Shaqiri starred for Basel as they dumped Manchester United out of the Champions League earlier this month.

Now his reward could be a mega- money switch to Old Trafford as Fergie looks to bolster his midfield in next month’s transfer window.

Starsport understands United have sounded out his agent Ulisse Savini about a possible £10m switch to the Premier League champions.

Shaqiri, 20, has been likened to Messi following a string of impressive displays for Basel and Switzerland.

The creative midfielder, who was born in Kosovo, has a similar build to the Barcelona star and is also left-footed. He imp- ressed Fergie in both group games against United and is tipped to become one of the best players in Europe.

Liverpool have been tracking Shaqiri since Roy Hodgson was boss and Anfield director of football Damien Comolli has watched him several times.

Fergie is confident of landing him and can offer bigger wages, but Shaqiri is keen to help Basel progress in the Champions League knockout stages.

Fergie, who is also keen on Benfica’s Nicolas Gaitan and Ajax’s Christian Eriksen, might have to wait until the end of the season before clinching a deal.

The United boss insists he won’t be doing much busi- ness in the transfer window, but the loss of Darren Fletcher is a huge blow.

He will not panic buy, but knows Shaqiri would be a long-term replacement for Ryan Giggs.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/226405/UNITED-TARGET-NEW-MESSI/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8516 
      Reply #39: Dec 20, 2011 03:06:06 am
      UNITED TARGET NEW MESSI

20th December 2011
      By Jeremy Cross

SIR ALEX FERGUSON has joined arch-rivals Liverpool in the battle to sign Xherdan Shaqiri – the man dubbed the new Lionel Messi.

Shaqiri starred for Basel as they dumped Manchester United out of the Champions League earlier this month.

Now his reward could be a mega- money switch to Old Trafford as Fergie looks to bolster his midfield in next month’s transfer window.

Starsport understands United have sounded out his agent Ulisse Savini about a possible £10m switch to the Premier League champions.

Shaqiri, 20, has been likened to Messi following a string of impressive displays for Basel and Switzerland.

The creative midfielder, who was born in Kosovo, has a similar build to the Barcelona star and is also left-footed. He imp- ressed Fergie in both group games against United and is tipped to become one of the best players in Europe.

Liverpool have been tracking Shaqiri since Roy Hodgson was boss and Anfield director of football Damien Comolli has watched him several times.

Fergie is confident of landing him and can offer bigger wages, but Shaqiri is keen to help Basel progress in the Champions League knockout stages.

Fergie, who is also keen on Benfica’s Nicolas Gaitan and Ajax’s Christian Eriksen, might have to wait until the end of the season before clinching a deal.

The United boss insists he won’t be doing much busi- ness in the transfer window, but the loss of Darren Fletcher is a huge blow.

He will not panic buy, but knows Shaqiri would be a long-term replacement for Ryan Giggs.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/226405/UNITED-TARGET-NEW-MESSI/

Wouldn't get too carried away with that, the Daily Star is more akin to a comic.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #40: Dec 20, 2011 03:57:15 am
      Wouldn't get too carried away with that, the Daily Star is more akin to a comic.

Lets not forget their replies to the emails supporting Rafa too.

United biased cu*ts.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #41: Dec 20, 2011 08:51:51 am

I know, but it is still a newspaper article. I post all the LFC transfer rumors from the papers (apart from the sh*t-rag, of course), so anyone can make a judgement for himself.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #42: Dec 20, 2011 10:21:19 pm
      They can have him.

SAF knows how to pick wingers. Beckham and Ronaldo in 20 years. Well played. Shaqiri will be added to his 'miss' list.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #43: Dec 20, 2011 10:39:03 pm
      New Messi? Not a chance, there is only one Messi!
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #44: Dec 21, 2011 02:22:05 am
      This kid is a beast! We have to go for him.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #45: Jan 16, 2012 06:37:41 pm
      Xherdan Shaqiri is on the verge of completing his transfer to Galatasaray for €8 million

Would of been a good signing for LFC, ah well - Win some.. Lose some

Pity we keep letting these type of players get away Super little player and a snip for 8 million euros.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #46: Jan 16, 2012 06:46:33 pm
      Xherdan Shaqiri is on the verge of completing his transfer to Galatasaray for €8 million

Would of been a good signing for LFC, ah well - Win some.. Lose some

Pity we keep letting these type of players get away Super little player and a snip for 8 million euros.

Very shocked he is ending up there.. No bigger club interested at that price? Very odd.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #47: Jan 16, 2012 07:05:02 pm
      Very shocked he is ending up there.. No bigger club interested at that price? Very odd.

Not that odd. The rave reviews came after a good performance against England and United. That's just two performances.

He's a quality little player but that's about it.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #48: Jan 16, 2012 07:35:14 pm
      Not that odd. The rave reviews came after a good performance against England and United. That's just two performances.

He's a quality little player but that's about it.

I havent watched enough of him to be perfectly honest.. But your obviously right. Otherwise one of the big boys would have been in for him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #49: Jan 16, 2012 09:23:50 pm
      I havent watched enough of him to be perfectly honest.. But your obviously right. Otherwise one of the big boys would have been in for him.
      What, you mean like the big boys came in for Alonso and Torres when they signed for us? You can't judge a player's ability off how many teams wanted to sign him. Its not as though many people can have a well developed opinion of this lad considering he plays in a league that doesnt get much coverage in this country BUT whenever he has played and people have been able to watch (i.e. european games etc) then he hasnt let down.  Would cost a big fee for him to come here but would still have him.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #50: Jan 16, 2012 09:38:42 pm
      dont know enough bout him myself but think he might be the next taarabt/arshavin
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #51: Jan 16, 2012 09:53:54 pm
      What, you mean like the big boys came in for Alonso and Torres when they signed for us? You can't judge a player's ability off how many teams wanted to sign him. Its not as though many people can have a well developed opinion of this lad considering he plays in a league that doesnt get much coverage in this country BUT whenever he has played and people have been able to watch (i.e. european games etc) then he hasnt let down.  Would cost a big fee for him to come here but would still have him.

I'm saying I don't know much about him simple as... But reports I'd heard people say he is a good player. Not debating someone I have no real idea of.

But as for Torres and Alonso we are one of the big boys and had CL football at that point to offer anybody.. I'd certainly not say we are on a level with Galatasaray.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #52: Jan 17, 2012 07:39:55 am
      if this guy slips through our fingers for just 8mill, I'll be very dissapointed. Going to Gala is not a big step forward for his career ad I fear that might not be the best decision. Every time I've watched him play, he was F***ing marvellous (especially during the under-21 Euros).

Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #53: Jan 17, 2012 07:30:42 pm
      Im albanian and have taken a slight interest to those Swiss Albos at the youth levels and him along with Xhaka unless hampered by injuries and/or are complete fvking headcases will be class players....Shaqiri more than Xhaka, @ the very least I see Xhaka on the level of having a great career at a club like Aston Villa/Newcastle...Shaqiri is a special talent, has the ability to beat his man through skill and pace, his strength is underrated, their will be some growing pains with him adjusting to the EPL but hes perfectly able to....

this is the type of guy that fits the criteria of what was promised by FSG....hes flying under the radar (comes at a good price), hes young has not yet been labeled world class but has all the potential to get that label....we have not done that like @ all, Enrique (was under the radar) and Suarez (world class potential?) have fit that in some way
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #54: Jan 17, 2012 07:55:35 pm
      Im albanian and have taken a slight interest to those Swiss Albos at the youth levels and him along with Xhaka unless hampered by injuries and/or are complete fvking headcases will be class players....Shaqiri more than Xhaka, @ the very least I see Xhaka on the level of having a great career at a club like Aston Villa/Newcastle...Shaqiri is a special talent, has the ability to beat his man through skill and pace, his strength is underrated, their will be some growing pains with him adjusting to the EPL but hes perfectly able to....

this is the type of guy that fits the criteria of what was promised by FSG....hes flying under the radar (comes at a good price), hes young has not yet been labeled world class but has all the potential to get that label....we have not done that like @ all, Enrique (was under the radar) and Suarez (world class potential?) have fit that in some way

Not a bad breakdown that.. I know nothing of him myself.. I try not to trawl through youtube to look at players but.. 1 sec...
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #55: Jan 18, 2012 12:42:11 am
      Just read that there may be a hiccup in Gala's signing of him.

Some hurdle has arisen.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #56: Feb 09, 2012 09:03:43 am
      Signed 4 year deal with Bayern Munich commencing this summer
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #57: Feb 09, 2012 11:06:17 am
      9m euros, bargain.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #58: Feb 09, 2012 11:20:19 am
      why cant we ever find batgains like that
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #59: Feb 09, 2012 11:22:26 am

Holy Molars, I dont know Robin...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #60: Feb 09, 2012 01:58:54 pm

BAM !! POW !!

:lmao:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #61: Feb 09, 2012 02:43:20 pm
      Kinda frustrates me that I keep thinking we have to spend alot of money to sign quality players but I saww Shaqiri going for 9 million euros and Rafael van der Vaart joining Spurs for 8 million.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #62: Feb 09, 2012 02:55:03 pm
      Kinda frustrates me that I keep thinking we have to spend alot of money to sign quality players but I saww Shaqiri going for 9 million euros and Rafael van der Vaart joining Spurs for 8 million.

Of course Adryan, in hindsight there are so many ( even ones like when Real took Xabi from us and let Sniedjer go for reportedly 15 m euros.) , and you hope that our scouting process start to pick up on these potential deals.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #63: Feb 09, 2012 05:45:32 pm

Jose Enrique and Craig Bellamy are awaiting your apology.

Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #64: Feb 09, 2012 06:26:12 pm
      I personally don't see him as a bargain at 9m. I think that's his proper value.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #65: Feb 09, 2012 07:05:35 pm
      Jose Enrique and Craig Bellamy are awaiting your apology.

Haha, well said.

I really would've liked him to sign for us. I haven't seen too much of him but whenever I've watched him he's been fantastic. Especially against United.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #66: Feb 10, 2012 10:27:23 am
      What's he done exactly to be worth more? I'm not Shaqiri aficionado but he seems like a typical young player, confident and has some flair about him.

Not quite sure why this would equate to us missing out on a 'bargain' considering he hasn't done anything worthy of note to be classified as a top player or have the potential to be one. He has reportedly done well in the Swiss league and produced two good crosses in the Champions League.
      Maudes
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #67: Feb 12, 2012 12:28:35 am
      What's he done exactly to be worth more? I'm not Shaqiri aficionado but he seems like a typical young player, confident and has some flair about him.

Not quite sure why this would equate to us missing out on a 'bargain' considering he hasn't done anything worthy of note to be classified as a top player or have the potential to be one. He has reportedly done well in the Swiss league and produced two good crosses in the Champions League.

Shaqiri is exactly the type of a player that we should be pursuing, considering our restrictive spending policy, in compliance with the FFP rules.

Certainly much wiser than spending 20 million on Downing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2746 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #68: Feb 12, 2012 02:55:43 am
      If ths over rated kid has signed for Bayern why is this stil open?
      redmau5
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 393 posts |
      Reply #69: May 15, 2012 07:18:22 pm
      If ths over rated kid has signed for Bayern why is this stil open?

I wouldn't say his overrated, his still young with tons of potential.  But I saw this still open too, when his signed with bayern already.

Quick Reply