Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Xherdan Shaqiri (FC Basel)

Read 11838 times
      Paisleydalglish
      Re: Xherdan Shaqiri (FC Basel)
      Reply #46: Jan 16, 2012 06:46:33 pm
      Xherdan Shaqiri is on the verge of completing his transfer to Galatasaray for €8 million

Would of been a good signing for LFC, ah well - Win some.. Lose some

Pity we keep letting these type of players get away Super little player and a snip for 8 million euros.

Very shocked he is ending up there.. No bigger club interested at that price? Very odd.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #47: Jan 16, 2012 07:05:02 pm
      Very shocked he is ending up there.. No bigger club interested at that price? Very odd.

Not that odd. The rave reviews came after a good performance against England and United. That's just two performances.

He's a quality little player but that's about it.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #48: Jan 16, 2012 07:35:14 pm
      Not that odd. The rave reviews came after a good performance against England and United. That's just two performances.

He's a quality little player but that's about it.

I havent watched enough of him to be perfectly honest.. But your obviously right. Otherwise one of the big boys would have been in for him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #49: Jan 16, 2012 09:23:50 pm
      I havent watched enough of him to be perfectly honest.. But your obviously right. Otherwise one of the big boys would have been in for him.
      What, you mean like the big boys came in for Alonso and Torres when they signed for us? You can't judge a player's ability off how many teams wanted to sign him. Its not as though many people can have a well developed opinion of this lad considering he plays in a league that doesnt get much coverage in this country BUT whenever he has played and people have been able to watch (i.e. european games etc) then he hasnt let down.  Would cost a big fee for him to come here but would still have him.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #50: Jan 16, 2012 09:38:42 pm
      dont know enough bout him myself but think he might be the next taarabt/arshavin
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #51: Jan 16, 2012 09:53:54 pm
      What, you mean like the big boys came in for Alonso and Torres when they signed for us? You can't judge a player's ability off how many teams wanted to sign him. Its not as though many people can have a well developed opinion of this lad considering he plays in a league that doesnt get much coverage in this country BUT whenever he has played and people have been able to watch (i.e. european games etc) then he hasnt let down.  Would cost a big fee for him to come here but would still have him.

I'm saying I don't know much about him simple as... But reports I'd heard people say he is a good player. Not debating someone I have no real idea of.

But as for Torres and Alonso we are one of the big boys and had CL football at that point to offer anybody.. I'd certainly not say we are on a level with Galatasaray.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #52: Jan 17, 2012 07:39:55 am
      if this guy slips through our fingers for just 8mill, I'll be very dissapointed. Going to Gala is not a big step forward for his career ad I fear that might not be the best decision. Every time I've watched him play, he was F***ing marvellous (especially during the under-21 Euros).

Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #53: Jan 17, 2012 07:30:42 pm
      Im albanian and have taken a slight interest to those Swiss Albos at the youth levels and him along with Xhaka unless hampered by injuries and/or are complete fvking headcases will be class players....Shaqiri more than Xhaka, @ the very least I see Xhaka on the level of having a great career at a club like Aston Villa/Newcastle...Shaqiri is a special talent, has the ability to beat his man through skill and pace, his strength is underrated, their will be some growing pains with him adjusting to the EPL but hes perfectly able to....

this is the type of guy that fits the criteria of what was promised by FSG....hes flying under the radar (comes at a good price), hes young has not yet been labeled world class but has all the potential to get that label....we have not done that like @ all, Enrique (was under the radar) and Suarez (world class potential?) have fit that in some way
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #54: Jan 17, 2012 07:55:35 pm
      Im albanian and have taken a slight interest to those Swiss Albos at the youth levels and him along with Xhaka unless hampered by injuries and/or are complete fvking headcases will be class players....Shaqiri more than Xhaka, @ the very least I see Xhaka on the level of having a great career at a club like Aston Villa/Newcastle...Shaqiri is a special talent, has the ability to beat his man through skill and pace, his strength is underrated, their will be some growing pains with him adjusting to the EPL but hes perfectly able to....

this is the type of guy that fits the criteria of what was promised by FSG....hes flying under the radar (comes at a good price), hes young has not yet been labeled world class but has all the potential to get that label....we have not done that like @ all, Enrique (was under the radar) and Suarez (world class potential?) have fit that in some way

Not a bad breakdown that.. I know nothing of him myself.. I try not to trawl through youtube to look at players but.. 1 sec...
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #55: Jan 18, 2012 12:42:11 am
      Just read that there may be a hiccup in Gala's signing of him.

Some hurdle has arisen.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #56: Feb 09, 2012 09:03:43 am
      Signed 4 year deal with Bayern Munich commencing this summer
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #57: Feb 09, 2012 11:06:17 am
      9m euros, bargain.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #58: Feb 09, 2012 11:20:19 am
      why cant we ever find batgains like that
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #59: Feb 09, 2012 11:22:26 am

Holy Molars, I dont know Robin...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #60: Feb 09, 2012 01:58:54 pm

BAM !! POW !!

:lmao:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #61: Feb 09, 2012 02:43:20 pm
      Kinda frustrates me that I keep thinking we have to spend alot of money to sign quality players but I saww Shaqiri going for 9 million euros and Rafael van der Vaart joining Spurs for 8 million.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #62: Feb 09, 2012 02:55:03 pm
      Kinda frustrates me that I keep thinking we have to spend alot of money to sign quality players but I saww Shaqiri going for 9 million euros and Rafael van der Vaart joining Spurs for 8 million.

Of course Adryan, in hindsight there are so many ( even ones like when Real took Xabi from us and let Sniedjer go for reportedly 15 m euros.) , and you hope that our scouting process start to pick up on these potential deals.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #63: Feb 09, 2012 05:45:32 pm

Jose Enrique and Craig Bellamy are awaiting your apology.

Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #64: Feb 09, 2012 06:26:12 pm
      I personally don't see him as a bargain at 9m. I think that's his proper value.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #65: Feb 09, 2012 07:05:35 pm
      Jose Enrique and Craig Bellamy are awaiting your apology.

Haha, well said.

I really would've liked him to sign for us. I haven't seen too much of him but whenever I've watched him he's been fantastic. Especially against United.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #66: Feb 10, 2012 10:27:23 am
      What's he done exactly to be worth more? I'm not Shaqiri aficionado but he seems like a typical young player, confident and has some flair about him.

Not quite sure why this would equate to us missing out on a 'bargain' considering he hasn't done anything worthy of note to be classified as a top player or have the potential to be one. He has reportedly done well in the Swiss league and produced two good crosses in the Champions League.
      Maudes
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #67: Feb 12, 2012 12:28:35 am
      What's he done exactly to be worth more? I'm not Shaqiri aficionado but he seems like a typical young player, confident and has some flair about him.

Not quite sure why this would equate to us missing out on a 'bargain' considering he hasn't done anything worthy of note to be classified as a top player or have the potential to be one. He has reportedly done well in the Swiss league and produced two good crosses in the Champions League.

Shaqiri is exactly the type of a player that we should be pursuing, considering our restrictive spending policy, in compliance with the FFP rules.

Certainly much wiser than spending 20 million on Downing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #68: Feb 12, 2012 02:55:43 am
      If ths over rated kid has signed for Bayern why is this stil open?

Quick Reply