Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would get your Man of the Match award?

Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (15.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (1.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (2%)
      Charlie Adam
      (32.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.4%)
      Stewart Downing
      (2.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (5.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (36.5%)

Liverpool 1-0 QPR: In-Game & Post-Match Phew!

Read 38846 times
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 QPR: In-Game & Post-Match Phew!
      Reply #437: Dec 11, 2011 12:50:50 am
      I'm getting a bit annoyed with goalkeepers having the games of there careers at Anfield  :-[
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #438: Dec 11, 2011 01:01:35 am
      I'm getting a bit annoyed with goalkeepers having the games of there careers at Anfield  :-[
      amen brother
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #439: Dec 11, 2011 01:04:29 am
      Trying not to be contraversial,but our perfomances,are not top 4.Uncle Roy had us mid table,now Kenny,has us top 7.Time to asses our potential,and following the January oppotunity,decisions need to be made in June.

I think that's a bit harsh.

Our performances, IMO, have been pretty much top four standard and at times, looked like a team challenging for top, especially during November.

It's just the results haven't been top four results.

I'm happy with our performances in general but the lack of finishes have really cost us since day 1.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #440: Dec 11, 2011 01:29:52 am
      I think that's a bit harsh.

Our performances, IMO, have been pretty much top four standard and at times, looked like a team challenging for top, especially during November.

It's just the results haven't been top four results.

I'm happy with our performances in general but the lack of finishes have really cost us since day 1.

Agreed.

Finishing and luck is our main problem. Once we start converting our (many) chances, then we'll be absolutely laughing.

Our performances have been impeccable. We've probably been the team that's easiest on the eye in the League, too.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,314 posts | 2810 
      Reply #441: Dec 11, 2011 01:33:50 am
      We just need someone tucking the chances away.

Luis likes to drift out left, out right into the channels a lot, and you saw him beating men for fun and having cross-shots etc. but there was no one in the box to finish them off.

I thought Kuyt might have taken that role up today but he wasn't really in the right positions.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #442: Dec 11, 2011 01:38:37 am
      We need a poacher.

Luis is a magnificent beast, but he isn't clinical enough.

With a good poacher, we would put games to bed a lot quicker.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #443: Dec 11, 2011 01:44:14 am
      What we're after is a Steven Gerrard Mk2 who can stand off the striker but has the attributes to match the poacher at any given time, the main man will be welcomed back but a replacement in his mould is top of the shopping list - a tall order and no mistake.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #444: Dec 11, 2011 03:18:39 am
      Trying not to be contraversial,but our perfomances,are not top 4.Uncle Roy had us mid table,now Kenny,has us top 7.Time to asses our potential,and following the January oppotunity,decisions need to be made in June.

We play much better than Man U, City, and Chelsea. Just one more striker or a fit Gerrard........
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #445: Dec 11, 2011 05:01:19 am
      I agree with Ad there. Our performance for me is much much better compared during Woy was here. We are now more fluent and a more offensive minded team. Our defensive line look solid and able to absorb the pressure. The Agger-Skrtel pairing is fast proving that they are a beast of a combination in the back. I think Carra should look to a more coaching aspect now ;D!

We are more potent in attack than Chelsea, more reliable in defense than Manc Scum but the problem is we are no better than a mid table in term of finishing. Either we don't have one lethal striker upfront or opposition's goalkeeper were having one hell of a performance in Anfield. Apart from Suarez goal, Cezny was absolutely great between the post. The same goes to Norwich and Swansea. For me, this showed that this season, apart from being unlucky for the most wasted chances that we've created, we have showed the potential to be better than most of the teams in PL although we are not financially as lucky as the bluescum side of Manchester, but with shrewd buyings by Kenny we're not that far from them. We are not the same 2 man team as now the whole unit work in tandem. Prove is, eventhough without Gerrard we manage to win games and now without Lucas we can still show how good we are.

Adam for me is showing a great sign of improvement as a Liverpool player. He finally showed me how wrong I was for doubting his ability. His energy to burst forward is showing a glimpse of once the great Xabi Alonso. He's not afraid to get into challenges and he's one f**king confident ba***rd!I voted for him but I was greatly amused by Henderson. He managed to hold his ground, make some good movements, creating chances and most importantly capable of filling the void. I understand why Luis was called a cheater but who can blame him? In many occasion, he was fouled but nothing came out of it. How frustrating for him. I do feel his frustrations. But he showed us the determination of true Liverpool player and capped it with a goal.

What worry me though is how we gone into sleep mode during the 2nd half. We have some brilliant chances but most of the times we were pressed in our own half. It was nervewrecking to watch them played like that, but in the end result matter. Eventhough we scrapped a 1-0 win, but it was worth it. How I wish we have one hell of a striker with an instinct like Nistelrooy. Hell I hate that guy but honestly I do love his ability to time his move.  Overall, a solid performance from our lads and great to see them win after disappointing draws.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #446: Dec 11, 2011 06:46:00 am
      yes we need Maxi and Kuyt to be finishing more of the chances they get, they are the ones in our team that need to put those away. I am happy with the result though. Henderson and Adam I thought were both brilliant. Downing looked very good some of the play where Johnson, Downing, Suarez, Henderson etc. were combining was a joy to watch and the goal was very nice.

I was never too worried we'd suffer another draw because of how much we were attacking and always winning the ball back. Got to admit little Luis did irk me a little I mean he should be getting a few more free kicks but there are just a couple of incidences where he should play the ball first and then worry about the man rather than think a Liverpool forward is going to get a bunch of free kicks..! that is about the only thing I could bring up as a negative from this game as the team was shining and attacking without remorse and doing a better job of it you have to say. with the power of Adam we can get the ball into dangerous positions early and have the likes of Enrique and Henderson and Kuyt support some dangerous quick passing between Maxi, Suarez, Bellamy, Downing, Johnson to name a few. Lucas was becoming the heart of this dangerous quick movement when we pressed up close to goal. We still have the capacity to play well and finish where we need to but we need a clinical finisher of course, but more importantly we need our strikers to find their confidence! we will need to be putting excellent balls into Carroll and whether its foot or head he can finish it off but when Maxi, Kuyt and our other key men are in that area they must not hit any spectators with wild shots!!!

I dare say we have a nice month in which we can see the team defend as a unit and have our central midfielders perform diligently for the club as we miss Spearing and also Lucas. we will have the young number 20 back in time for some tough games and it would be just tops if our striking force is in full confidence from a win at Wigan and a visit from Blackburn, not to mention our next game at Villa who seem like us to be unsure of themselves and not great at finishing what they create. we will be in good shape come January I feel, where a bunch of Man. City games and the transfer window beckons... it could be a huge couple of months for Liverpool FC!
      Matt_
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #447: Dec 11, 2011 08:49:37 am
      Good first half performance, should have been 3 or 4 up if we had an out an out finisher. Downing done great 1st half from the right putting 3 Chances on a plate, twice for Suarez and once for agger. 2nd half was more of a battle which is why Charlie Adam was decent. I don't mind him wen he's ball winning in midfield and playing the ball easy cos he's good at that. It's when he tries to hit wonderball's and go on mazy runs, he doesn't have the pace or ability to do that. Maxi decent in the final third, just got to worry when we play the better sides with pacy wingers, can't see maxi supporting Enrique much.

On the whole it's another 3 points. If we had a goalscorer we would have won a few games this season by a lot more.
      Matt_
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 46 posts |
      Reply #448: Dec 11, 2011 09:06:27 am
      Adam, Suarez and Enrique,all played well Downing was shocking

What game were you watching???? Take a look at match of the day, Downing was the most involved player in 1st half especially. Most of our chances came through him. Went a little quiet 2nd half but game turned into a battle so more attacking players her missed out.

And it was probably one of Enrique quietest games for a while!

Jesus some people!!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #449: Dec 11, 2011 09:08:00 am

Knee-jerk thread roy mate? Seriously, watching our performances we have been classes and classes above last season. I'll assess our potential right now for you mate - an unlucky draw (as in we should have won) against both Man United and City, a win against Chelsea and Arsenal away from home, and unlucky draws against a lot of other teams. The only game in which we truly got what we deserved was Spurs.

Now, this is an issue we do need to address, not denying any of our faults. But we are very much teetering on much better scorelines than we are getting.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #450: Dec 11, 2011 09:18:48 am
      We play much better than Man U, City, and Chelsea. Just one more striker or a fit Gerrard........

Can i have some of that what your on.  :lmao:Are you serious?? You can't be  :f_whistle: It pains me to say it but City are different class at the moment, nothing looks like changing either.  :-\ Chelsea are better as well. You might have a case about United  cos were plagued with injuries.

Come on mate, smell the coffee.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #451: Dec 11, 2011 09:23:43 am
      Can i have some of that what your on.  :lmao:Are you serious?? You can't be  :f_whistle: It pains me to say it but City are different class at the moment, nothing looks like changing either.  :-\ Chelsea are better as well. You might have a case about United  cos were plagued with injuries.

Come on mate, smell the coffee.

Chelsea are better? The team we beat AT THEIR PARK twice in two weeks by a combined score of 4-1?

You wake up and smell the coffee. We are some class finishing short of a few spots up the table.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #452: Dec 11, 2011 09:50:25 am
      I'm getting a bit annoyed with goalkeepers having the games of there careers at Anfield
      MOTM was QPR keeper. Saved some impossible balls

Agreed lads. Remember that display by Hart and his world class save from big Andy?

In fact, Kenny could be forgiven for thinking there's a jinx on us scoring with even the technically brilliant Maxi unable to beat the keeper (and round off a great display) in any of his two one on ones... and that save from his shot - right up there with Hart's but...

I dont think Kenny needs to worry about anything i watch it  from start to finish and possesion ,corners , atempts allround we hammered them .

...LFC9 is spot on: Kenny will look to the positives (of which there are many); he won't even contemplate letting the festering, pile of decaying pig sh*t, that is negativity, creep in. He won't dwell on the negatives because the greats don't and they don't come any greater than the King. He's not some tu'penny ha'penny armchair critic, like myself, who thinks he knows football 'cause he 'played a bit' - he's been there, done it and got the T-Shirt. He knows what needs to be done and he'll do it.

There were so many positives yesterday. Three points. Maxi getting into scoring positions. Suarez (the Dog's Bollocks) continuing to amaze. Charlie Adam still here, still performing, still proving 'us' wrong. Downing's first half display from the right, with the room Glen affords him. Another great defensive display from the back four in general and the centre pairing, in particular... And how well Suarez, Maxi and Kuyt work together.

With so many positives to work with why would Kenny or anyone give credence to the puss filled boil of negativity?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #453: Dec 11, 2011 09:58:08 am
      Got to agree with Keith to be honest.

We only played much better than City when we played them at Anfield. Throughout the course of the season, though, they were much better. Performance-wise, we may be on par with or perhaps better a little bit than Chelsea, Arsenal and United.

It's just our results haven't exactly been ideal. Who knows where we would be if we had scored half of the chances we've created.

And looking at the standings, they have been the better teams and that's why they sit higher on the table.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #454: Dec 11, 2011 09:58:12 am
      Just pleased with the win, TBH.

We can't thrash teams every week, and I'd take 1-0 before kick off in every single match, because it's the three points that count first and foremost.

I appreciate we haven't gotten over our finishing problems, and things aren't perfect. But I think it's when the times are tough like that, and things aren't going our way, that we can just be happy with getting the job done.

After all, we have to make do this month, we can't yet make new signings, and we can't make players like Lucas and Gerrard miraculously better. All we can do is win, regardless of opposition and scoreline.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #455: Dec 11, 2011 09:58:53 am
      Chelsea are better? The team we beat AT THEIR PARK twice in two weeks by a combined score of 4-1?

You wake up and smell the coffee. We are some class finishing short of a few spots up the table.

The table doesn't lie. You guys are falling short of putting the ball in the back of the net.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #456: Dec 11, 2011 10:01:41 am
      Can i have some of that what your on.  :Are you serious?

Yeah he's F***ing serious -  English is not solo's first language mate but it's obvious what he means. We play better than City, in our game against them, yet only draw - due to poor finishing/bad luck/good keeping. We play better than the scum, in our game against them, yet only draw - due to poor finishing/bad luck/good keeping. I'll re-phrase it for you: we outplayed all the teams he's mentioned and for better finishing we'd have beaten both City and the scum; just like solo wrote.

Quit being an arsey wum or F**k off.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,929 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #457: Dec 11, 2011 10:05:09 am
      Yeah he's f**king serious -  English is not solo's first language mate but it's obvious what he means. We play better than City, in our game against them, yet only draw - due to poor finishing/bad luck/good keeping. We play better than the scum, in our game against them, yet only draw - due to poor finishing/bad luck/good keeping. I'll re-phrase it for you: we outplayed all the teams he's mentioned and for better finishing we'd have beaten both City and the scum; just like solo wrote.

Quit being an arsey wum or f**k off.

Put your dummy back in mate. I'm stating a opinion. Why is it some of you lads can only give it but not take it. As for being a wum, well your obviously talking from your arse.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #458: Dec 11, 2011 10:10:54 am
      As for being a wum, well your obviously talking from your arse.

A Manc, on a Liverpool forum, mocking a proper Red, trying to derail a topic and you're not on the wind-up? Nah mate; I'm not talking out of my arse - you are a wum.

Sorry for being lead off-topic mods.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #459: Dec 11, 2011 10:11:56 am
      I think all goalkeepers in the league look forward to playing in front of the Kop.

They're bulletproof there.

Quick Reply