Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would get your Man of the Match award?

Pepe Reina
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (0.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
      (15.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (1.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (2%)
      Charlie Adam
      (32.4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (1.4%)
      Stewart Downing
      (2.7%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (5.4%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (2%)
      Luis Suarez
      (36.5%)

Liverpool 1-0 QPR: In-Game & Post-Match Phew!

Read 38812 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 QPR: In-Game & Post-Match Phew!
      Reply #460: Dec 11, 2011 10:15:53 am
      A Manc, on a Liverpool forum, mocking a proper Red and trying to derail a topic and you're not on the wind-up? Nah mate; I'm not talking out of my arse - you are a wum.

Sorry for being lead off-topic mods.

Derail a topic? I was answering a post. Go back to bed and get out the other side.

Back on topic now  :f_tongueincheek:
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #461: Dec 11, 2011 10:23:42 am
      Why are you on a liverpool forum its sad how obsessed mancs are with us
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #462: Dec 11, 2011 10:28:31 am
      Why are you on a liverpool forum its sad how obsessed mancs are with us

Says in the rules and regulations other supporters are welcome.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #463: Dec 11, 2011 10:47:31 am
      Ye but why youd want to be on here is the sad part.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,873 posts | 2694 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #464: Dec 11, 2011 10:51:17 am
      Ye but why youd want to be on here is the sad part.

Its a great forum...(( better than redcafe ))... with lots of banter with some good scouse lads. I just don't see the problem with it. Its only the minority that have a problem with it.  :roll:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #465: Dec 11, 2011 11:09:19 am
      Its a great forum...(( better than redcafe ))... with lots of banter with some good scouse lads. I just don't see the problem with it. Its only the minority that have a problem with it.  :roll:

It's still a fair question though, great forum or not. I cannot for the life of me think of anything I'd less rather so that go onto a forum and discuss the likes of Russell Beardsmore, Ronnie Wallwork and how much injury time we're going to get awarded next time we're behind with a bunch of Manchester United supporters. I've got a mate who supports them, sound lad he is too, but I discuss football with him over a beer.

This is a Liverpool forum, you're welcome if it floats your boat as far as I'm concerned, but I think if you must stick around being asked to do so in a non "wind up" capacity is not an unreasonable request.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #466: Dec 11, 2011 11:11:06 am
       As for the MOM poll, I see Suarez has come storming up on the rails. Must be our Aussie and Kiwi fans who've been pinging him. He was/is class to be fair.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #467: Dec 11, 2011 11:20:50 am
      It's still a fair question though, great forum or not. I cannot for the life of me think of anything I'd less rather so that go onto a forum and discuss the likes of Russell Beardsmore, Ronnie Wallwork and how much injury time we're going to get awarded next time we're behind with a bunch of Manchester United supporters. I've got a mate who supports them, sound lad he is too, but I discuss football with him over a beer.

This is a Liverpool forum, you're welcome if it floats your boat as far as I'm concerned, but I think if you must stick around being asked to do so in a non "wind up" capacity is not an unreasonable request.
      Well said, and most fair may I add
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #468: Dec 11, 2011 11:22:21 am
      Must be our Aussie and Kiwi fans who've been pinging him.

...And me Mick.

Luis - Los Cojones de perro.  ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #469: Dec 11, 2011 11:24:10 am
      ...And me Mick.

Los Cojones de perro.  ;D

Indeed mate (I'm doing that thing where I've no idea what you're on about but I'm just nodding to appear knowledgeable). Something to do with b0ll0cks I can get that much.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #470: Dec 11, 2011 11:30:11 am
      Agreed lads. Remember that display by Hart and his world class save from big Andy?

In fact, Kenny could be forgiven for thinking there's a jinx on us scoring with even the technically brilliant Maxi unable to beat the keeper (and round off a great display) in any of his two one on ones... and that save from his shot - right up there with Hart's but...

...LFC9 is spot on: Kenny will look to the positives (of which there are many); he won't even contemplate letting the festering, pile of decaying pig sh*t, that is negativity, creep in. He won't dwell on the negatives because the greats don't and they don't come any greater than the King. He's not some tu'penny ha'penny armchair critic, like myself, who thinks he knows football 'cause he 'played a bit' - he's been there, done it and got the T-Shirt. He knows what needs to be done and he'll do it.

There were so many positives yesterday. Three points. Maxi getting into scoring positions. Suarez (the Dog's Bollocks) continuing to amaze. Charlie Adam still here, still performing, still proving 'us' wrong. Downing's first half display from the right, with the room Glen affords him. Another great defensive display from the back four in general and the centre pairing, in particular... And how well Suarez, Maxi and Kuyt work together.

With so many positives to work with why would Kenny or anyone give credence to the puss filled boil of negativity?

Top post BBB, love the positivity, just wish others would take heed, Kenny's first full season back and look what he has achieved already, his players love playing for him and the bird,and thats all anyone can ask for, even when we are missing two of our best players in recent times.

In Kenny We Trust.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #471: Dec 11, 2011 11:49:07 am
      Can i have some of that what your on.  :lmao:Are you serious?? You can't be  :f_whistle: It pains me to say it but City are different class at the moment, nothing looks like changing either.  :-\ Chelsea are better as well. You might have a case about United  cos were plagued with injuries.

Come on mate, smell the coffee.

All three games against those sides, we've been better than this season. FACT!

We've beaten Chelsea, should of beaten your lot and we should of beaten City and we were by far the better of the two teams.

He doesn't need any coffee, but WE do need is to show the same aggression against the smaller clubs, once it does click with this team and a few lads yesterday we're all saying the same, someone is going to get a hiding soon from us.

Also voted for Suarez as MOTM, thought he was everywhere yesterday and the little header from Adam's cross was spot on.

Although agree with anyone who would choose Skrtel (awesome in defence), Adam and Henderson (who both did a good job in midfield)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #472: Dec 11, 2011 11:52:56 am
      That Cerny save from the Maxi's second main effort was stunning.

He won't make a save that good for a hell of a long time.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #473: Dec 11, 2011 01:01:02 pm
      Another great display but failing to put the ball in the net early doors again,there keeper motm again.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #474: Dec 11, 2011 01:06:34 pm
      Can i have some of that what your on.  :lmao:Are you serious?? You can't be  :f_whistle: It pains me to say it but City are different class at the moment, nothing looks like changing either.  :-\ Chelsea are better as well. You might have a case about United  cos were plagued with injuries.

Come on mate, smell the coffee.

;D, We've beat Chelski comfortably twice, away, both Manc clubs got lucky with saving a point at Anfield. Just because Manure got trashed at home against Citee doesn't mean their a different level above us.
      As stated repeatedly on this thread, bar the Spurs game, if we had a poacher, we would be right towards the top to the table. Fact is; too many draws, hit the woodwork too many times. Someone like Raul, would do us nicely - blindfold him give  him a flaming Sambuca and spin him on a merry-go-round and he still knows where the posts are.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #475: Dec 11, 2011 01:11:35 pm
      We're our own worst enemy, it can only be the atmosphere that inspires these opposing goalies to towering heights of excellence, I know some lads comment on it not being as good as it was but compared to their own grounds it's got to be an invigorating experience.
      Even the away supporters carry on like F***ing lunatics at Anfield.
      It'a tongue in cheek comment as much as saying maybe our lads take it for granted and are not as pumped up with it. 
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #476: Dec 11, 2011 01:19:27 pm
      The table doesn't lie. You guys are falling short of putting the ball in the back of the net.
      Your dead right Keith, the table doesn't lie, and there lies the truth, but whats also true is Liverpool under Kenny in his first full season since his return,are a much better outfit than people give credit for, sadly those people are the pro Manc media/sky tv anti-LFC, who like to suck fergie's cock 9 months of the year,and you can include the FA in that too,

and if you dont believe that then you only have to look at the charges against Suarez and the club last week,

anyway's our performances against the likes of the so called big boys speak for themselves,  only Spurs have put us to the sword deservedly and even that was against 9 men,where do you think we would be had we not been in love with the woodwork all those times?, i'm guessin above your lot and probably just behind the real Manchester club,
      that's the real truth,dont you agree?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #477: Dec 11, 2011 01:23:23 pm
      Were 3 points of top 4 this morning, Christmas is going to throw up some tough fixtures for all clubs then there is the Champions League and Europa League (Couldn't resist), then teams have players leaving for the african cup of nations in January/Februuary Chelsea Kalou, Mikel, Drogba,  Spuds, Addebayor, Assou-Ekkoto, Arsenal Gervinho, Song, City Toure, Yaya & Kolo.

Yesterdays result certainly means its all to play for so if we can stay in the hunt over Christmas Period then we'll be perfectly poised to get a top 4 finish this season whilst other teams juggle their squads to accomodate losing players and for Champions League - Europa League fixtures.

Can see Fergie taking the Europa League very seriously this season as it will probably along with the Fa Cup, be their only real chance of winning anything this season.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #478: Dec 11, 2011 01:57:22 pm
      So much good things were mentioned about the match and got to to agreed with that. But one thing that stands out for me is we have now start to commit more bodies into the box, 4 most of the time as compared to 2 in previous matches. The combination of Suarez and Maxi is a joy to watch ala Barca, unfortunately Maxi did not manage to score, but things will improve. We should see more of the ball on the ground when attacking, aerial duel is not one of our strong points without Andy on our side and I'm very pleased with Suarez scoring with a header. 

I'm sure KD has seen that and starts to now attack team more from ground bombardment and to commit more bodies going forward. Not enough praise and appreciation given to the defenders which I thought they have been magnificent of late. The Skrtel and Agger combo is doing very well at the moment and not forgetting our Mr. Reliable Enrique, he reminds me very much of Alan Kennedy bombing down the flank.

Glad to also see that Downing and  Adam have become more physical and track back quickly to defend. Adam is improving from game to game, he can only improve. As soon as we are able to get a defensive midfielder and attacking midfielder in the mould of Masc and Snider respectively comes January, we'll be a real threat, not forgetting a goal poacher.

In the meantime, until Jan next year we'll have to create more scoring chances to win games. The Christmas period is crucial for us, we have to pick up as many points as possible and go into the 2nd half of the season in a healthy position.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #479: Dec 11, 2011 05:22:50 pm
      We play much better than Man U, City, and Chelsea. Just one more striker or a fit Gerrard........

Spot on for me Solo. Some of the football we've been playing lately is immense. And no manc is going to admit to that.

If we start to put the ball away properly, we'll be in a very strong position.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #480: Dec 11, 2011 05:54:41 pm
      Many be I should run this one bye DannyLFC before I post, after all everything I post is tittle tattle, I digress

After the match yesterday there was an altercation between Bellamy and Barton . He was waiting outside the changing room for Bellamy to come out and was approached by the fourth official and asked what he was up too. Anyway when Craig emerged there was a kick off and the two of them were pulled apart, by several players. It transpires it was over what Barton tweeted over Gary Speed.
      Not red top gossip FACT!!! (From a person present)
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #481: Dec 11, 2011 07:47:40 pm
      Many be I should run this one bye DannyLFC before I post, after all everything I post is tittle tattle, I digress

After the match yesterday there was an altercation between Bellamy and Barton . He was waiting outside the changing room for Bellamy to come out and was approached by the fourth official and asked what he was up too. Anyway when Craig emerged there was a kick off and the two of them were pulled apart, by several players. It transpires it was over what Barton tweeted over Gary Speed.
      Not red top gossip FACT!!! (From a person present)

Barton is a warm turd
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #482: Dec 11, 2011 08:21:16 pm
      At least we put that one to bed now.

Quick Reply