Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you have Torres back at Anfield for 20 Million?

Yes?
      104 (50.7%)
      No?
      101 (49.3%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

Read 62499 times
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack
      • Started Topic

• 261 posts |
      Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Dec 14, 2011 12:49:19 am
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2073746/Fernando-Torres-sale-Chelsea-20m-January-flop-striker.html#ixzz1gSjMfHOp
      Well ,rumors are that the chavs want him out,and a good share of LFC fans would like to see him back (this is sadly true).I would not accept Torres back,and not for his lack of form,but for all the other reasons that you all know about.
      What do you guys think,would you like to see him again at Anfield?
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Reply #1: Dec 14, 2011 01:02:43 am
      Its a moot point, I don't think we'll ever see him in aLiverpool shirt, burnt too many bridges at the club in my opinion, making a reunion impossible.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Dec 14, 2011 01:17:10 am
      Its a moot point, I don't think we'll ever see him in aLiverpool shirt, burnt too many bridges at the club in my opinion, making a reunion impossible.

Not impossible. It's definitely do-able.  There is still fans out there, like me, who will forgive him in time, so long as he rebuilds a couple of those bridges.

But there are also fans that will despise him.  And as far as posts go, well over 80% of fans on this forum would rather see him rot somewhere other than let him come back.

When I saw that earlier, automatically my emotions swayed towards a reunion. Whether Kenny wants him, or has the £20m region fee, remains to be seen.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3: Dec 14, 2011 01:21:42 am
      Bring him back
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #4: Dec 14, 2011 01:24:06 am
      Very reminiscent to the Owen transfer scenario back in 2005. (F***ing hell how time flies).

I don't believe Torres's best days are behind him at all.  Bitterness is for the gob shites that play a couple of streets away from us.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #5: Dec 14, 2011 01:28:19 am
      We can't have him back here, what number would he wear?  :D
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #6: Dec 14, 2011 01:31:22 am
      We can't have him back here, what number would he wear?  :D
      13 ;)
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #7: Dec 14, 2011 01:42:18 am
      Such mixed feelings for me. I'd support him if he came back but I think the 20m would be better spent on someone else.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #8: Dec 14, 2011 02:32:43 am
      Bitterness is for the gob shites that play a couple of streets away from us.

Is the correct answer.

Fernando Torres, managed by Kenny Dalglish, and paired with Luis Suarez upfront, is a 20-goals-per-season striker.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Dec 14, 2011 02:52:03 am
      Is the correct answer.

Fernando Torres, managed by Kenny Dalglish, and paired with Luis Suarez upfront, is a 20-goals-per-season striker.

My sentiments exactly. Suarez was signed to play alongside Torres before all that sh*t happened. 

Where would this leave Carroll? He's been on bench duty for quite a few times this season already. Another striker will surely see him play even less?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10: Dec 14, 2011 02:54:16 am
      Get the lad back.

We need his finishing.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #11: Dec 14, 2011 02:59:25 am
      So waste another £20m????

He's been sh*t and left on very bad terms, cant see it happening.

Spend that sort of money on someone like Cavani. Not that we'll get him for that, add a couple of quid and we have a quality finisher.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #12: Dec 14, 2011 03:35:35 am
      Actually, if we sold him for 50 millions, and we bought him back for 20 millions, it would account for most of the 35 millions we paid for carroll, and torres, making carroll a 5 mill transfer, and then, we "really" paid 23mills for Suarez, and it looks a lot better haha!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #13: Dec 14, 2011 05:24:54 am
      Torres return to LFC I don't think it happen, but if he called the King to forgive him and take him back I meself can be really happy. I still believe in his quality and believe he still love LFC.
      Cannot compare Torress to Owen's situation, I myself called Owen the betrayer but Torres it's a mistake and at 20 millions imo it's worth a risk.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #14: Dec 14, 2011 06:06:43 am
      I'd take him back. I know I probably said at the time I wouldn't, but rationally thinking if that deal is at all possible it's brilliant.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #15: Dec 14, 2011 06:30:27 am
      I'd take him back. I know I probably said at the time I wouldn't, but rationally thinking if that deal is at all possible it's brilliant.
      From day 1 mate it was a no turning back thing for both parties, the decision had been made by Kenny and the board and Torres was history. He did put the transfer request in first I know and that was the first nail in the coffin but the vital part of the equation is the fact that Torres was a shadow of the player he was under his mentor and that situation will not change Dave.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #16: Dec 14, 2011 07:01:14 am
       I think people should realise that Torres has not only not been playing very well for Chelsea,he was playing crap prior to that for us and his country.He seems to have lost the will to put some effort in his game,any problems with him are his own doing and L.F.C. or Chelsea cannot be responsible for his actions or should that be inactions.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #17: Dec 14, 2011 07:25:47 am
      Very reminiscent to the Owen transfer scenario back in 2005. (F***ing hell how time flies).

I don't believe Torres's best days are behind him at all.  Bitterness is for the gob shites that play a couple of streets away from us.
      Thats how i feel on the matter.
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 14, 2011 07:55:20 am
      to be honest I'd take him back in a heart beat, he is what we are missing a goal scorer, if you look at the way Chelsea play him, it will never happen there for him, just imagine Gerrard, Suarez and Torres, OMG
      The again do you think he will ever get back to what he was, I believe if anyone can motivate him enough Kenny can, plus we'd make 30m on the deal
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #19: Dec 14, 2011 07:56:27 am

The only facts to be considered are that prior to his being sold Torres had been a bag of sh*te for some time and the offer of 50 millions spondoolies to get hiim off our hands was a snatch their F***ing arms off job.
      To throw money at him once again would be a complete waste of time and a step backwards, given these facts any talk of bitterness is some way off the mark and as negative as the idea of getting Torres back on board.
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2011 08:08:28 am by stuey »
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #20: Dec 14, 2011 07:56:31 am
      or how about a loan till then end of the season????
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #21: Dec 14, 2011 07:57:20 am
      Have we been linked to him or is just a general 'he's for sale' rumour?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22: Dec 14, 2011 08:02:43 am
      Have we been linked to him or is just a general 'he's for sale' rumour?
      I do not think we have been linked with him,I think it is media talk that Chelsea will take 20 mil for him.How true that is only time will tell.That is somethinh else if they wanted to get rid of him would they sell to us at a 30 mil loss.

Quick Reply