Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you have Torres back at Anfield for 20 Million?

Yes?
      104 (50.7%)
      No?
      101 (49.3%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

Read 62495 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Re: Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Reply #23: Dec 14, 2011 08:02:54 am
      to be honest I'd take him back in a heart beat, he is what we are missing a goal scorer, if you look at the way Chelsea play him, it will never happen there for him, just imagine Gerrard, Suarez and Torres, OMG
      The again do you think he will ever get back to what he was, I believe if anyone can motivate him enough Kenny can, plus we'd make 30m on the deal .
      The Fernando Torres Rafa moulded into the player we like to remember is a memory and barring some miraculous intervention his re-signing is unachievable and will not have been considered as a feasible proposition.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #24: Dec 14, 2011 08:11:22 am
      Have we been linked to him or is just a general 'he's for sale' rumour?
      Probably a rumour started by Chelsea to get Torres a bit nearer the door and hopefully start a bidding process.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #25: Dec 14, 2011 08:13:30 am
      For £20m, with a massive public apology from Torres to LFC Fans, I'd consider it... That is all.

He'll probably go to United.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #26: Dec 14, 2011 08:31:14 am
      Never thought I'd even consider him coming back ,but I've started to feel sorry for him . He looks like a little boy lost.
      Really do think he needs to get away from Chelsea, but wether coming back here would be the right thing for him or us , is another matter
      Torres and Suarez together would be a dream come true. However have we seen the best of Torres already , he's not played consistently well for quite some time.
      It will be interesting to see what does happen in January.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Dec 14, 2011 09:17:39 am
      Throw in a cheeky ten million bid if it is not accepted look elsewhere. The lads last twelve months here left a sour taste
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Dec 14, 2011 09:20:57 am
      Fernando Torres Liverpool's 29...

Just not the same.

Cheeky 10 million bid?
      If that came off I'd be laughing at my Chelsea mates for the rest of my life,
      especially if he came back and found form with us again.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,003 posts | 2713 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: Dec 14, 2011 09:22:42 am
      I find it hard to believe so many Liverpool fans want Judas back. He sh!ts on Liverpool Football Club. Sh!ts on KK. Sh!ts on supporters, and yet a big % want him back? The mind boggles at times. Yes you need a striker but Judas isn't your man.

What a lot seem to forget is he lost his form and yard of pace at Liverpool. He went from a potential legend/hero to a cnut. Liverpool got the deal of the century when they sold a striker for £50 million that wasn't scoring. Ok you bought bad in replacing him with Carrol but you can't have Judas back. Liverpool would be the laughing stock of  English Football.

He's another Tevez in disguised. He states he wants ambition to a big club  >:( and then leaves Liverpool  :f_steam: Trust me, your best rid.

He's not even doing it at Chelsea, the lads gone and been gone for two years now.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #30: Dec 14, 2011 09:24:54 am
      Liverpool would be the laughing stock of  English Football.

Nah. Chelsea paying 50 Million for him was the real punchline.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #31: Dec 14, 2011 09:29:53 am
      I firmly believe if this ever happened and we got him back, Kenny would make him into the goal scoring sensation he once was.

If Torres grovelled and grovelled, worked his socks off and got some form I would gladly forgive him. Everyone deserves a second chance. Why not him?

I really can't see it happening though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,003 posts | 2713 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #32: Dec 14, 2011 09:30:41 am
      Nah. Chelsea paying 50 Million for him was the real punchline.

Good point.   ;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #33: Dec 14, 2011 09:34:45 am
      Not impossible. It's definitely do-able.  There is still fans out there, like me, who will forgive him in time, so long as he rebuilds a couple of those bridges.

Its not the fans I'd be concerned about mate, Aggers forearm smash on Torres typifies what some of his former team mates think of Nando.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #34: Dec 14, 2011 09:36:06 am
      Not for Chelsea Keith, he can't rack up any points for them - good points, bad points, Prem League points - no point whatsoever.
      PaintingTheTownRed
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 83 posts |
      Reply #35: Dec 14, 2011 09:39:24 am
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,36196.60.html Go back and read the first few pages of this thread and remind yourselves what he said back in January...I can't ever see him coming back to us. And I'm not sure he would deserve the opportunity. Why should we do him a favour?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,003 posts | 2713 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #36: Dec 14, 2011 09:39:26 am
      Not for Chelsea Keith, he can't rack up any points for them - good points, bad points, Prem League points - no point whatsoever.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #37: Dec 14, 2011 09:42:39 am
      I find it hard to believe so many Liverpool fans want Judas back. He sh!ts on Liverpool Football Club. Sh!ts on KK. Sh!ts on supporters, and yet a big % want him back? The mind boggles at times. Yes you need a striker but Judas isn't your man.

What a lot seem to forget is he lost his form and yard of pace at Liverpool. He went from a potential legend/hero to a cnut. Liverpool got the deal of the century when they sold a striker for £50 million that wasn't scoring. Ok you bought bad in replacing him with Carrol but you can't have Judas back. Liverpool would be the laughing stock of  English Football.

He's another Tevez in disguised. He states he wants ambition to a big club  >:( and then leaves Liverpool  :f_steam: Trust me, your best rid.

He's not even doing it at Chelsea, the lads gone and been gone for two years now.

He's been gone less than a year....and you're telling me that you wouldn't have Cristiano Ronaldo back?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,003 posts | 2713 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Dec 14, 2011 09:45:32 am
      He's been gone less than a year....and you're telling me that you wouldn't have Cristiano Ronaldo back?

How can you compare the two  :o

I was referring to his form gone for two years.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Dec 14, 2011 09:46:35 am
      The only way I can see Chelsea letting him go in January is if they have another striker lined up in the January window as they have Drogba and Kalou heading out the African cup of Nations in January, so that would only leave them with Sturridge, Torres and Lukaku for the striker positions as Anelka is on his way in January.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #40: Dec 14, 2011 09:48:59 am
      Apparently theres been too many bridges burnt on both sides for this to even be remotely possible.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #41: Dec 14, 2011 09:53:54 am
      Apparently theres been too many bridges burnt on both sides for this to even be remotely possible.

Can only agree with this.. Torres still slates us. I do believe genuinely that the lad was possibly forced out to make us better - but he has conducted himself in the wrong way with regards to keeping our fans on side.

I blame Purslow for this.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Dec 14, 2011 09:57:33 am
      Why exactly would the premiership be laughing at us if we got a lad back a year later for 15million after selling him for 50 million and he bangs in the goals. I dont see how it is Liverpool people will be laughing at.  Saying that not sure id take him back he said some terrible things after he left and i agree he has lost a yard of pace hasn't looked the same player since his hamstring injuries.  Have doubts as well he would take half the wages he is on at chelsea. Think he will end up in Italy
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #43: Dec 14, 2011 10:00:12 am
      Thread should be locked sick of hearing this sh*t now. Forget about torres hes old news.
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #44: Dec 14, 2011 10:02:58 am
      I think Torres still got it and he is not being used at the best way possible at Chelsea. If he comes back, he will be better for us - in this I am sure. Still I do not see him being anywhere as good as he once was. With all this said - there is no way for him to come back and things to work again. He was too much an icon for us to accept him back after leaving.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #45: Dec 14, 2011 10:05:00 am
      I'm not sure about this.

His form started to pick up a little when Kenny took over. Played against Blackpool, Fulham and Wolves and got 3 goals. I have no doubt Kenny can make him the player he was.

Or is it just a coincidence he was only unplayable under Rafa Benitez? His record for Atletico wasn't exactly great. His record for Spain isn't great. There's no need to mention his record with Chelsea at the moment.

However, there is a also a possibility it won't work out and he goes back to his sulky ways? He stopped wanting to play for us, after all.

It could be better for the team if he does come back because he can finish well when on top of his game but it could also be much better if he comes nowhere near the team.

Quick Reply