Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you have Torres back at Anfield for 20 Million?

Yes?
      104 (50.7%)
      No?
      101 (49.3%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

Read 62497 times
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Reply #529: Dec 21, 2011 10:16:58 pm
      So far, they have invested a total of £30 million (net) into the squad. Compared to the tumors, that is a respectable amount. Compared to the other big spenders in English football, that is Europa League money. I am always willing to give our new owners the benefit of the doubt over Torres, but if they don't start to really invest into the squad, Torres' words would start to carry some serious weight.

You forget to realise, it's not how much you spend, it's how you spend it.

Ask Wenger who is a brilliant manager in finding value for players.

I would accept Torres' return. On-form he is an incredible striker, and I believe Dalglish has the ability to bring him back into a top striker.

But he'll never return and those quotes he has made about the owners confirms it really.

About time this thread got locked, he hasn't even been linked to us.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #530: Dec 21, 2011 10:19:57 pm
      So far, they have invested a total of £30 million (net) into the squad. Compared to the tumors, that is a respectable amount. Compared to the other big spenders in English football, that is Europa League money. I am always willing to give our new owners the benefit of the doubt over Torres, but if they don't start to really invest into the squad, Torres' words would start to carry some serious weight.

30m net thanks to getting a pricey fee for a back stabbing, passed it, sulky, lazy, tw*t.

He ain't coming back.

Not the most appropriate time to post this, but Kenny has signed a player in January who was banned for biting an opponent. As I have said, Kenny is a winner, and wants winners on his team. If he feels that Torres can contribute to our cause, and the price is right, he will get him back.

He also brought a player who swung a golf club at a team mate.

What matters is they both want to be here and will fight hard for LFC until the day they leave/retire whatever. The same cannot be said for Torre$. That is character.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #531: Dec 21, 2011 10:21:44 pm
      I think you should lock it Crouchy, he's not linked to us and those comments basically put to bed any chance of a move back.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #532: Dec 21, 2011 10:30:30 pm
      I think you should lock it Crouchy, he's not linked to us and those comments basically put to bed any chance of a move back.

Agree daz,its was only a pipe dream if that but when you look at how the owners quickly removed purslime from the club then that should show that they will not take back those who dont go about things in the liverpool way,wether at the club or not.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #533: Dec 21, 2011 10:53:02 pm
      There"s no link to him only the shitrags lies .
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #534: Dec 21, 2011 11:16:00 pm
      Before it's locked I would like to day...

Thanks but no thanks - Enjoy your big club Torres, and enjoy the bench... We need as striker like you were 3 seasons ago.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #535: Dec 21, 2011 11:28:11 pm
      You forget to realise, it's not how much you spend, it's how you spend it.

Ask Wenger who is a brilliant manager in finding value for players.

Unfortunately, this is the same Wenger who hasn't won a trophy for 6 seasons. Times have changed drastically since Wenger was building his "Invincibles". The arrival of Roman Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour has changed the Premier League landscape forever. These days, if you want to challenge for the title, you either need to spend huge, or you need to have a huge stadium and a monster marketing machine. Otherwise, you sit comfortably at the 6th place on the league table.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #536: Dec 21, 2011 11:31:39 pm
      It will never happen,So Fernando enjoy the splinters you get sitting on benchs around England and may the flees of a 1000 dead camels infest your arse!!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #537: Dec 21, 2011 11:33:39 pm
      It will never happen,So Fernando enjoy the splinters you get sitting on benchs around England and may the flees of a 1000 dead camels infest your arse!!!

You can't get splinters off plastic seats at a plastic club... :P
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #538: Dec 21, 2011 11:34:40 pm
      Unfortunately, this is the same Wenger who hasn't won a trophy for 6 seasons. Times have changed drastically since Wenger was building his "Invincibles". The arrival of Roman Abramovich and Sheikh Mansour has changed the Premier League landscape forever. These days, if you want to challenge for the title, you either need to spend huge, or you need to have a huge stadium and a monster marketing machine. Otherwise, you sit comfortably at the 6th place on the league table.

Well you contradict yourself a little mate.

You say that 30 million is Europa league budgets for transfers yet Wenger has kept Arsenal in the champions league for well over a decade, spending far less.

If I recollect properly, didn't we cut the wage bill by 30 million annually?

I do expect to see us spend a decent amount in January - none of it on Fernando Torres though.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #539: Dec 21, 2011 11:40:53 pm
      Well you contradict yourself a little mate.

You say that 30 million is Europa league budgets for transfers yet Wenger has kept Arsenal in the champions league for well over a decade, spending far less.

Yes, 30 million per season is a Europa League budget. Our league position is a clear indication of that. By the way, do you think that Arsenal are guaranteed to qualify for the Champions League this season ?

FSG nee to invest big. If they don't, we will fall further behind.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      Reply #540: Dec 21, 2011 11:57:56 pm
      Our league position is a clear indication of that.

Well we're not even half way through the season, so it's hard to judge. With a fully fit Gerrard, we could easily go on a run to get us into the champions league.

By the way, do you think that Arsenal are guaranteed to qualify for the Champions League this season ?

No, but no one's guanteed champions league football at this stage of the season. Heck, even City aren't guaranteed champions league qualification currently. Anything can happen in football.

The problem Arsenal have, is they've sold two of their two best players in the summer.

Sorry mods, this is going off topic. I won't discuss this anymore.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #541: Dec 22, 2011 12:01:52 am
      Well we're not even half way through the season, so it's hard to judge. With a fully fit Gerrard, we could easily go on a run to get us into the champions league.

Maybe. Than again, with the injured Lucas and the suspended Suarez (our best 2 players), it is much more likely that we will stay 6th.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,778 posts | 6725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #542: Dec 22, 2011 12:43:09 am
      ‘The fans don’t even know half of what happened. They don’t know what the people in charge at Liverpool are like - they have a completely different perception of what they are like.

‘They made promises that they didn’t keep and I left because I realized I didn’t have time to be part of a project that would take years.’

Come on then Ferndano, enlighten us, spit it out!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #543: Dec 22, 2011 12:44:49 am
      Don't think he'll be coming back in a hurry with quotes likes those.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #544: Dec 22, 2011 08:14:25 am
      ‘The fans don’t even know half of what happened. They don’t know what the people in charge at Liverpool are like - they have a completely different perception of what they are like.

‘They made promises that they didn’t keep and I left because I realized I didn’t have time to be part of a project that would take years.’

No chance on this happening.

Lock it up!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #545: Dec 22, 2011 12:25:00 pm
      We have never been linked to him by a decent source, this should have been locked days ago.

Anyway, his recents comments have killed any slim chance there was a move.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #546: Dec 22, 2011 01:01:21 pm
      i was gutted whe he left still gutted everytime i see him in a blue shirt and would love to see him back
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #547: Dec 22, 2011 01:31:20 pm
      The problem is that Torres will never become the player he once was. People tend to forget how he played for us just before he left for chelsea. His touch was aweful and he had lost the pace. That 20 mil could go to a better player imo.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #548: Dec 22, 2011 02:32:39 pm

:roll: :o

Lost all respect for him. Don't want him back no matter what.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #549: Dec 22, 2011 02:49:32 pm
      Even if we do take him back, there's no guarantee he will be committed to the cause especially since he showed his true colours after he left.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #550: Dec 22, 2011 03:12:39 pm
      He left because he thought the grass was greener, now one way or another he'll know for sure as he'll be getting a lovely view of that said grass from the bench.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #551: Dec 22, 2011 08:33:47 pm
      Once a hero on Merseyside, Torres is now a hate figure after agreeing a £50 million move in the January window. He suggested he was told lies by Liverpool's owners, and also said he is bemused by the Liverpool fans' attitude towards him.

In an interview with Spanish TV station Canal+ Liga, Torres said: "The Liverpool fans don't know the truth about why I signed for Chelsea. The fans don't even know half of what happened. They don't know what the people in charge at Liverpool are like - they have a completely different perception of what they are like.

"They made promises that they didn't keep and I left because I realised I didn't have time to be part of a project that would take years. I have nothing against the Liverpool fans. I didn't want to leave Liverpool the way I did but the club lied. I was let down and I don't understand why the fans hate me."

Torres' move to Chelsea has, so far, been an unmitigated disaster, scoring just three Premier League goals. The only game he has started since November 1 is the Carling Cup tie with Liverpool and he has been an unused substitute in their last two matches.

But the Spain international is determined to rediscover the form which saw him score 56 goals in his first three Premier League seasons.

"I am going to try to be very humble and get back into the Chelsea starting line-up," he added. "My form has not been good but I am world and European champion and I deserve more respect.

"It's hard being on the bench but I respect the players who are playing. I'm going to support the team and get back in.

"It's true that [Spain head coach] Vicente del Bosque is worried about me and my form for Chelsea. It's up to me to go back to being the striker I was before. If I go back to how I was a few years ago, I will again play an important role in the Spanish national team."

The people in charge when this happened were not Hicks and Gillet.

They were FSG     NESV         

So if you dont like them and slag them off for something you think was said or implied at the beginning of the ownerership that is your problem Nando.

They upset no else to our knowledge.

What they have done to back Kenny and show full support for the club has been brilliant.

The problem is YOURS.

Sorry mate. All you are trying to now do is justify what you did and put the blame on us.

Do you know what?

Thats like ..........umm........... ........calling a Liverpool player a racist.

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bcK2D

Quick Reply