Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Would you have Torres back at Anfield for 20 Million?

Yes?
      104 (50.7%)
      No?
      101 (49.3%)

Total Members Voted: 200

Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

Read 62496 times
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Re: Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
      Reply #552: Dec 22, 2011 08:55:31 pm
      You can't get splinters off plastic seats at a plastic club... :P

Haha very true well then hope you get plastic splinters in your bum
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #553: Dec 22, 2011 10:06:55 pm
      The people in charge when this happened were not Hicks and Gillet.

They were FSG     NESV

I have no desire to defend Torres against FSG, but to be perfectly honest, I am not really impressed with our £30 million net spending under FSG so far. If they want to compete and reach the desired level by all of us, they would really need to invest some of their own money into the team. So far, we have only been spending the money generated by the club, with no outside investment from the new owners.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #554: Dec 23, 2011 01:23:32 am
      I have no desire to defend Torres against FSG, but to be perfectly honest, I am not really impressed with our £30 million net spending under FSG so far. If they want to compete and reach the desired level by all of us, they would really need to invest some of their own money into the team. So far, we have only been spending the money generated by the club, with no outside investment from the new owners.

Are you ever actually happy?

All I ever see you do is pick holes in everything and moan!

Seriously grow a pair!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #555: Dec 23, 2011 01:43:35 am
      Are you ever actually happy?

All I ever see you do is pick holes in everything and moan!

Seriously grow a pair!

Sitting 6th on the league table is nothing to be happy about.

When I see us at the top of the table, with Gerrard lifting the Premier League trophy, I will be happy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #556: Dec 23, 2011 01:48:27 am

Pretty sure they invested a lot of their own money in purchasing the club, getting the debt serviced and then spending upwards of 100m since they've taken over on new talent.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #557: Dec 23, 2011 02:00:27 am
      Sitting 6th on the league table is nothing to be happy about.

When I see us at the top of the table, with Gerrard lifting the Premier League trophy, I will be happy.

You are twisting my words.

I didn't say that I was happy with us being 6th.

I was meaning you in general.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #558: Dec 23, 2011 02:08:19 am
      Pretty sure they invested a lot of their own money in purchasing the club, getting the debt serviced and then spending upwards of 100m since they've taken over on new talent.

Actually, most of that £100 million came from the sale of Torres (£50 million), Ryan Babel (£7 million), Raul Meireles (£12 million) and David N'Gog (£4 million). The rest was covered from the regular profit we are making on annual level. FSG still haven't invested a single pound of their own money into the squad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #559: Dec 23, 2011 02:11:12 am

Actually, most of that £100 million came from the sale of Torres (£50 million), Ryan Babel (£7 million), Raul Meireles (£12 million) and David N'Gog (£4 million). The rest was covered from the regular profit we are making on annual level. FSG still haven't invested a single pound of their own money into the squad.

To be honest though a lot of fans I know are happy that we are self-sufficient, especially after the H & G F**k-up.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #560: Dec 23, 2011 02:15:43 am
      To be honest though a lot of fans I know are happy that we are self-sufficient, especially after the H & G f**k-up.

Well, I am also happy that we are no longer paying the huge bank interests, but it is not enough. It's the same like you'd say "I don't care if we don't challenge for the league title, as long as we qualify for the Champions League every season".
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #561: Dec 23, 2011 02:17:25 am
      Well, I am also happy that we are no longer paying the huge bank interests, but it is not enough. It's the same like you'd say "I don't care if we don't challenge for the league title, as long as we qualify for the Champions League every season".

Fair point that.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #562: Dec 23, 2011 02:17:37 am
      To be honest though a lot of fans I know are happy that we are self-sufficient, especially after the H & G F**k-up.

I, for one agree, I don't want a sugar daddy running the club, I just want the club well run.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #563: Dec 23, 2011 02:45:21 am
      I, for one agree, I don't want a sugar daddy running the club, I just want the club well run.

There is a huge difference between the self-sufficient clubs, and the clubs financed by super rich sugar daddies like Abramovich or Mansour. When you want to raise the quality level of the squad, you need an initial outside investment over 2-3 years. Tottenham are a very good example of that. They were big spenders for 2-3 years, and once they've raised the quality of the squad to the next level, they've started to act responsibly in the market. In my humble opinion, we need that type of an outside net investment into the squad from FSG, in the £100-150 million region, over the next 2-3 seasons.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #564: Dec 23, 2011 03:50:20 am
      Locking this.

No links and only more trash from his gob.

Do one, ladyboy.

Quick Reply