Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match against Villa?

Martin Skrtel
      (9.9%)
      Jose Enrique
      (0.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      (13.6%)
      Luis Suarez
      (7.4%)
      Jonjo Shelvey
      (8%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (56.2%)
      Stewart Downing
      (1.9%)
      Daniel Agger
      (2.5%)
      Someone else
      (0%)

Aston Villa 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight

Read 28634 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Aston Villa 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Delight
      Reply #506: Dec 19, 2011 10:34:58 am
      You must get through specs at an alarming rate in your quest for negativity.

:lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #507: Dec 19, 2011 10:56:31 am
      We got the points, so I'm happy. But there's still a lot of work to do.

Still need to work on finishing.

But there were a ton of positives too. Bellamy is wonderful (when he's not barking at the ref), Suarez was silent for a long time but his performance towards the end was full of gorgeous play. The entire backline was stout as always, Glen Johnson stood out for me.  Shelvey looks like he can be a contributor, though as I've said, he needs to work on composure when shooting.

I was disappointed in the support for Carroll when he came on. He had nothing to work with.

Good comment and instead of criticising Andy you highlight the reason people wrongly give him a bad press, after he came on the tempo of the game seemed to shift into a lower gear and there were comments made about back passing and the like. We know exactly what the situation is when that tactic is used and it is not conducive to attacking play, therefore the chances of goal chances are severley limited as is the activity in that position .
      The lad could run all day but if the goal scoring opportunities do not present themselves it is hardly his fault.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #508: Dec 19, 2011 10:57:14 am
      Another 3 points in the bag, we'll take that.

Great first 15 minutes when I thought a cricket score was on the cards but not to be. Damn that woodwork.

Thought Villa were absolute sh*te. What gutted me most apart from not scoring more was the amount of times we passed backwards. F***ing ATTACK was was what I was yelling at the team but they didn't and unfortunatley we only saw 2 goals scored.

Oh well got my prediciton right and that hammering of a team that we have been threatening to do is still on the cards. Can't wait till it all comes together. I have a feeling a team is gonna be on the end of a 10-0 thrashing from us very soon.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #509: Dec 19, 2011 11:32:14 am
      OptaJoe Opta Sports
      5 - Liverpool have now matched the total of Premier League away wins they achieved last season. Progress.  :f_tongueincheek:   ALL HAIL THE KING

So, is that more than what Woy has achieved in whole of his career?  ;D
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2011 11:48:12 am by RobieSlick »
      Vedder
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -6 
      • Olivavu
      Reply #510: Dec 19, 2011 03:11:51 pm
      My only complaint about the game was the missed opportunity to really bump up our goal difference.

We could (and should) have scored three or four.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #511: Dec 19, 2011 03:41:59 pm
      Alright Eddie.
      Suarez, the only player to hit the bar twice in a game, has now done so in two games.
      Would have been beautiful goals too.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #512: Dec 19, 2011 03:56:23 pm
                      ^                      ^

There isn't a team in Europe who wouldn't like that particular 'problem'.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #513: Dec 19, 2011 06:20:30 pm
      Much easier 3 points than expected and we didnt need to get out of 3rd gear.

Couldnt fault any of our lads performances but special mention for Shelvey who fitted in really well and Henderson after much early critisism seems to be really finding his feet at the club.

We must be looking at 9 from the next 3 games now.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #514: Dec 19, 2011 06:35:34 pm
      Easy enough win. We do seem to be allowing more shots now that Lucas isn't there, but still most are coming from outside of the box. Only goal we've conceded in 3 games was a sh*t F***ing tap in.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #515: Dec 19, 2011 07:31:20 pm
      Have to be happy with that, going to Villa and winning 2 nil is always good.

But the bonus again for me is seeing some of the football we play at times. The one touch, 2 touch football at times is brilliant and when we do put a ball over the top it favours a Liverpool player not a hit and hope.

So unlucky not to be scoring more. Is it 19 times we have hit the wood work this season?

The usual suspects played well again but I was well pleased with Shelvey. His 1 fault yesterday was when shooting he was hoping to Gerrardesque. If he had relaxed a bit more and taken an extra second to think what he was doing he'd have had at least 1. Not a bad complaint that to be fair

On to Wigan on Wednesday, hopefully with Luis
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,343 posts | 1529 
      Reply #516: Dec 20, 2011 12:44:16 am
      First time back after motd. Voted Bellamy motm but both Skrtle and Agger close. Suarez a pain in the side for anyone to play against,  Enrique top defender, Johnson better than last few games. Jonjo great first game back, everyone else, job done good 3 points. On Carroll's 13 mins. Hard to get into the game in that time. As for effort, Do you make runs in anticipation of a ball being played in to you, or do you wait for the pass before you move.? That depends on the game situation, when you are going for the win, the anticipated move is best, when the game is already won, the pace slows down and the urgency to get the ball forward lessens. Keeping possesion is more important so the service up front is not as urgent. The strikers playing the full match fall into the rythm, players introduced are not on the same wavelength. Carroll needs more minutes to settle into a game. Had we been 4 - 0 up, he would have come on earlier I suspect, and made a greater impact. He will perform against the right oposition, just needs more minutes.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #517: Dec 20, 2011 01:00:32 am
      Very good three points and a fairly solid performance.  Shelvey was very lively and looks to have benefitted from his spell at Blackpool.  Henderson seems to be settling in and looks a much better player than early season.  If Adam could perfect the art of tackling then he would be almost the complete midfielder.  Defensively we looked fairly solid, with most of their attempts at goal from well outside the box.  Johnson seems to have improved defensively, and is looking worth his place at the moment ahead of Kelly.

We kept possession very well in the most part, but I do wish we would get the ball forward a bit quicker at times - by slowing down the attack we often allow sides to get men behind the ball (nit picking but I do think we can look very good when we go forward more quickly).

Pity we couldn't have converted more chances, but a good win.  Villa did look fairly poor - I'm sure they normally give us a better game than that (even though we have a superb record against them).

Quick Reply