Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The "Holy sh*t, I can't wait to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'" Discussion Thread

Read 16484 times
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Re: The "Holy sh*t, I can't wait to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'" Discussion Thread
      Reply #46: Jul 11, 2012 03:39:05 pm
      9 days until this is out! I've been waiting for this for ages now!!

Booked Premiere IMAX tickets in Liverpool One to go see it on the 26th, so I'll have to wait a little bit longer but I don't mind really! 

It's going to be absolutely epic.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: The "Holy sh*t, I can't wait to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'" Discussion Thread
      Reply #47: Jul 16, 2012 06:52:16 am
      TV Spots really heating up now. I can't wait.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #48: Jul 16, 2012 11:13:13 am
      Had dreams about this 2 nights in a row, thought i could make it a hat-trick but no, it wasn't to be. Then dreamt about it again the next night. ;D

Can you tell i'm itching to see it? :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #49: Jul 18, 2012 09:25:34 am
      So this is it folks.
      We're approaching the final chapter of one of the greatest trilogies Of. All. Time.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/articles/171847-9-thing-you-may-not-know-about-the-dark-knight-series

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2012 09:36:27 am by racerx34 »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #50: Jul 19, 2012 09:53:34 am
      Wall
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
      Reply #51: Jul 19, 2012 10:01:34 am
      I can't bloody wait. Got tickets booked for tomorrow night and I went to the cinema on Tuesday to watch Batman Begins and The Dark Knight back to back. As a warm up.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #52: Jul 19, 2012 08:44:47 pm
      It's probably going to be next week before I can see it... Gutted.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #53: Jul 19, 2012 08:50:00 pm
      I'll probably watch this on Cheap Day Tuesday next week.

I'll be watching this thread to see what people think of it so PLEASE don't post spoilers or at least add SPOILER ALERT to the very start of your posts so I can skip them  ;)
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #54: Jul 19, 2012 09:56:43 pm
      I'll probably watch this on Cheap Day Tuesday next week.

I'll be watching this thread to see what people think of it so PLEASE don't post spoilers or at least add SPOILER ALERT to the very start of your posts so I can skip them  ;)

I agree, Ive booked to watch it on the 26th so if anyone spoils it for me before then I will be very unhappy.

This picture pretty much sums it up:

A thread for discussion AFTER viewing would be a good idea. And make sure it has spoiler in capital Letters written everywhere!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #55: Jul 20, 2012 03:07:11 pm
      No spoilers here, but my mate who's seen it (and is a big film watcher) says he's disappointed as it's just not as cool and slick as The Dark Knight, and the story isn't as good. Lack of the Joker stealing the show perhaps? Apparently you still can't hear Bane properly sometimes either.

Just dampening some expectations :D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #56: Jul 20, 2012 03:33:12 pm
      Heard two reviews yesterday.
      Get the feeling that a lot of reviewers are trying to get a reaction or kudos from their "feeling" that this is not as good.
      A few points:

1) Joker. As a main villain may never, for me, be beaten. That was as good as it gets for me.
          As good as Bane will be he won't match the Joker.

2) Anna Hathaway will not equal Michelle Pfeiffer, for me, as Catwoman.

3) Due to the success of The Dark Knight we have all done our homework on this.
          Comic-book back-stories. Character possibilities and development.
          To suggest then that the TDKR offered nothing new is for me a snide comment from
          observers. The hype around this movie has been monstrous. Everyone has a good
          idea what to expect and to feign disappointment when this happens is disingenuous.

One of the greatest trilogies of all time is coming to a conclusion.
      I for one will enjoy it.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #57: Jul 20, 2012 03:43:02 pm
      Apparently you still can't hear Bane properly sometimes either.

That's what I heard on the radio yesterday. They said it was really difficult to understand Bane because of the mask and, at times, Batmans (ridiculous) gruff voice was also difficult to understand.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #58: Jul 20, 2012 05:23:33 pm
      Watched it today, first day first show.   ;D

A few points:

1) Don't compare it to The Dark Knight and certainly don't compare Bane to The Joker. Its just unfair. Enjoy the movie for what it is.

2) In reply to artaylor's post, I didn't find it difficult hearing Bane, seemed ok to me.

I enjoyed the movie, was a very good watch.

One of the best trilogies of all time.

Look out for Nolan's Superman movie next year.  :f_whistle:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      Reply #59: Jul 20, 2012 05:31:22 pm
      1) Don't compare it to The Dark Knight

I've just this munute seen a mate's review on Facebook and he reckons it's better than The Dark Night.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #60: Jul 20, 2012 06:04:01 pm
      I've just this munute seen a mate's review on Facebook and he reckons it's better than The Dark Night.

Personal opinions. I don't think so.

The Joker being the difference maybe. :-)

Actually what I had meant is, lots of people are going into the movie, expecting it to be some sort of grand follow-up to a great movie (Dark Knight) and that just ruins it a bit, those high expectations. Enjoy it for what it is and you'll love it.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #61: Jul 20, 2012 07:26:35 pm
      Going Monday morning to watch this, will be looking for any subliminal messages of the Justice League.

As for comparing Dark Knight & Dark Knight Rises its unfair on the final installment, you have to separate both to appreciate what takes place and I have no doubt in my mind if Heath Ledger was still with us there would have been another film to follow DKR.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #62: Jul 20, 2012 11:14:20 pm

I'm still of the opinion that Batman Begins is better than The Dark Knight.  Sorted my ticket for the weekend.

Heard two reviews yesterday.
      Get the feeling that a lot of reviewers are trying to get a reaction or kudos from their "feeling" that this is not as good.
      A few points:

1) Joker. As a main villain may never, for me, be beaten. That was as good as it gets for me.
          As good as Bane will be he won't match the Joker.

2) Anna Hathaway will not equal Michelle Pfeiffer, for me, as Catwoman.

3) Due to the success of The Dark Knight we have all done our homework on this.
          Comic-book back-stories. Character possibilities and development.
          To suggest then that the TDKR offered nothing new is for me a snide comment from
          observers. The hype around this movie has been monstrous. Everyone has a good
          idea what to expect and to feign disappointment when this happens is disingenuous.

One of the greatest trilogies of all time is coming to a conclusion.
      I for one will enjoy it.

1) Thought Cillian Murphy didn't get the credit he deserved for his performance as The Scarecrow, matched Ledger's joker for me.

2) Michelle Pfeiffer is no Lee Merriwether or Julie Newmar. 

Though I like Morgan Freeman's view on Hathaway. ;)

http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/video/omg-25343958/morgan-freeman-on-seeing-anne-hathaway-in-pvc-30027794.html

3) Expecting a good film, so I'll only be disappointed if it isn't.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #63: Jul 22, 2012 02:32:48 pm
      Was supposed to be going Monday but could not wait & boy the movie don't disappoint.

Loved it.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #64: Jul 22, 2012 11:09:14 pm
      Saw it tonight.

Don't expect another Dark Knight.
      It's not a psychological piece, it's an epic "Hollywood" piece.
      Look past a few loose plot lines.
      Don't drink too much, we were in the theatre over three hours.

Oh and I was wrong about Catwoman.
      Holy Catsuit!!!

Fantastic finish
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #65: Jul 22, 2012 11:15:48 pm
      Saw it tonight.

Don't expect another Dark Knight.
      It's not a psychological piece, it's an epic "Hollywood" piece.
      Look past a few loose plot lines.
      Don't drink too much, we were in the theatre over three hours.

Oh and I was wrong about Catwoman.
      Holy Catsuit!!!

Fantastic finish

Going on Wednesday and just watched The Dark Night again tonight to set the mood.

I'm not expecting it to better TDK but is it the best film you've seen this year Racer?

That's how I'm setting it up.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #66: Jul 22, 2012 11:21:03 pm
      Going on Wednesday and just watched The Dark Night again tonight to set the mood.

I'm not expecting it to better TDK but is it the best film you've seen this year Racer?

That's how I'm setting it up.

By a long way.

Knew Nolan wouldnt disappoint.
      :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #67: Jul 22, 2012 11:30:14 pm
      By a long way.

Knew Nolan wouldnt disappoint.
      :)

All I needed to hear.

As you know I'm a massive Nolan fan like yourself but I'm glad he has stopped the Batman films now as the hype was beginning to get too much and overshadow the actual films.

I'll watch this and enjoy the close to his trilogy and then wait patiently for his next move.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #68: Jul 23, 2012 12:34:48 am
      Watched it yesterday dont really see what the hype is all about I guess you needed to be a Batman fanatic to really appreciate it something that I am not. It was a bit eerie to watch at times buildings being blown up policemen trapped underground and masses of concrete that particular bit had me thinking of 9/11 and I am sure the families of all the perished fireman would have had a hard time watching that. It goes for a long time too went in for a 5:10 session got out of the theatre at 8 on the dot.

Quick Reply