Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The "Holy sh*t, I can't wait to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'" Discussion Thread

Read 16483 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: The "Holy sh*t, I can't wait to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'" Discussion Thread
      Reply #69: Jul 23, 2012 11:22:15 am

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: The "Holy sh*t, I can't wait to see 'The Dark Knight Rises'" Discussion Thread
      Reply #70: Jul 23, 2012 01:52:20 pm
      Watched it last night.

Great film no doubt, but I still came out feeling a tad disappointed.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #71: Jul 23, 2012 02:17:18 pm
      WHAT A FILM - gutted with the ending, but immense none the less
      Wall
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
      Reply #72: Jul 23, 2012 02:35:34 pm
      Watched it last night.

Great film no doubt, but I still came out feeling a tad disappointed.

I felt exactly the same way mate. Ending was emotional though.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #73: Jul 23, 2012 03:03:33 pm
      WHAT A FILM - gutted with the ending, but immense none the less

There are a couple of things that annoyed me about the ending.
      Happier with it thinking back today, but at the end of the film they left me wondering what if...
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #74: Jul 23, 2012 06:59:41 pm
      We need a spoilers thread. That movie was the cat's pajamas.

IMAX was like a 3 hour orgasm.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #75: Jul 23, 2012 07:04:12 pm
      Ending opens the door for so much on the franchise.

Can't wait to see Man of Steel and I've heard they have a justice league lined up too.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #76: Jul 24, 2012 02:31:23 pm
      Finally off to see this tomorrow.

I haven't been to the cinema in a while so went all out and booked VIP seats so will enjoy the ending to this trilogy in peace and comfort.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #77: Jul 24, 2012 02:41:26 pm
      Finally off to see this tomorrow.

I haven't been to the cinema in a while so went all out and booked VIP seats so will enjoy the ending to this trilogy in peace and comfort.

I did say there are some massive plot holes, didn't I?

I still loved it. There are a few parts that seem like scenes have been cut out, but for the bits I wanted to be corrected to work you'd be looking at a 4 hour movie.

Edit:

Just checked back and I didn't.
      There are some massive plot holes in this movie.
      That said it's still awesome.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #78: Jul 24, 2012 02:48:32 pm
      I did say there are some massive plot holes, didn't I?

I still loved it. There are a few parts that seem like scenes have been cut out, but for the bits I wanted to be corrected to work you'd be looking at a 4 hour movie.

Edit:

Just checked back and I didn't.
      There are some massive plot holes in this movie.
      That said it's still awesome.

I did read you mentioning plot holes somewhere on the forum racer, can't remember where.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #79: Jul 24, 2012 02:52:54 pm
      I did read you mentioning plot holes somewhere on the forum racer, can't remember where.

I probably shouldn't go on about them as it'll ruin it for others.
      Some of the storyline is played fairly loose and avoid my facebook comments unless you want your movie ruined.
      I thought most of the characters were excellent. I loved the movie and I'm willing to forgive it some pretty loose
      storytelling.

I'm close to having to avoid talking to one of my mates about it as he hated it and is constantly now looking to
      try and prove himself right in doing so. I loved it so he can F**k off.

He does have a point and you wont have to be a massive Batman fan to spot the parts that are ignored for the
      sake of the greater good.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #80: Jul 24, 2012 02:56:05 pm
      I'm close to having to avoid talking to one of my mates about it as he hated it and is constantly now looking to
      try and prove himself right in doing so. I loved it so he can f**k off.

I cant understand this as a guy I know said the other day he thought it was s**t.

But he is the typical, "I'm going to go against the grain just to be different" type so I took no notice.  He also thinks he knows a lot more about films than he actually does in my opinion.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #81: Jul 24, 2012 03:03:27 pm
      sounds the same.
      Douche I think is what you call them.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #82: Jul 24, 2012 03:04:41 pm
      sounds the same.
      Douche I think is what you call them.

Yep.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #83: Jul 24, 2012 03:19:58 pm
      Just been in to the cinema to buy two tickets to this for 6pm today. Just got to hope the missus gets home from work on time now.

If I don't like it, racer's getting some abuse!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #84: Jul 24, 2012 03:33:08 pm
      Just been in to the cinema to buy two tickets to this for 6pm today. Just got to hope the missus gets home from work on time now.

If I don't like it, racer's getting some abuse!

Bring it!
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #85: Jul 24, 2012 03:34:01 pm
      Going tomorrow, can't wait. Orange Wednesday's are always handy ;)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #86: Jul 24, 2012 03:37:18 pm
      Going tomorrow, can't wait. Orange Wednesday's are always handy

They're always packed out at my cinema. If anyone has a Vue cinema near them, go in and ask about Cheap Day membership. It's free and you get a card to use for upto 10 tickets on a given day for any film at around 40% off. At our cinema it's Cheap Day Tuesday and they don't really advertise it so it's generally nice and quiet.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #87: Jul 24, 2012 03:57:33 pm
      They're always packed out at my cinema. If anyone has a Vue cinema near them, go in and ask about Cheap Day membership. It's free and you get a card to use for upto 10 tickets on a given day for any film at around 40% off. At our cinema it's Cheap Day Tuesday and they don't really advertise it so it's generally nice and quiet.

Gonna try and go to an early afternoon showing, hopefully won't be as busy as say an evening one.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #88: Jul 24, 2012 04:14:49 pm
      Had to skip a lot of posts there, just In case, as I'm only going to see it tonight. I'll get back to them then.

Will post spoilers later so >:D
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #89: Jul 24, 2012 06:23:21 pm
      You b***ard :D
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #90: Jul 25, 2012 12:17:10 am
      I liked it, a lot. Without trying to spoil anything, did anyone else think the film overall was a bit rushed?
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #91: Jul 25, 2012 01:06:14 am
      Finally got to see it... and my god I thought it was brilliant. I've heard people saying it's not that great and I've heard people say it's amazing so I really didn't know what to expect. It's all personal opinion and my opinion is that it was fantastic, best movie this year by a long shot!

Quick Reply