Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Daily Mirror no longer welcome at Liverpool FC

Read 11173 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Daily Mirror no longer welcome at Liverpool FC
      Dec 23, 2011 09:32:47 am
      Apparently we have told the Daily Mirror they are no longer welcome at the club.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Daily Mirror no longer welcome at Liverpool FC
      Reply #1: Dec 23, 2011 09:34:45 am
      You mean despite David Maddock's half-hearted, non-apology, we're not letting them back?  ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2: Dec 23, 2011 09:36:57 am
       In fairness I never read it (not because of any other reason than it's sh!t) but someone left it in the pub the other day. It was disgusting and fully deserves to be used against them in a court of law. This is particularly the case as both the FA and Evra are trying to squirm out of actually calling Suarez a "racist", being at pains to point out that he merely used "innappropriate language in this country". 
      guyfawks
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 212 posts |
      • Keep trying, you'll get there in the end
      Reply #3: Dec 23, 2011 09:51:52 am
      stopped reading this rag about a year ago, for the reason that they are biast towards man u, there is no doubt, worst of the rags against us. most of the papers are against us though. Think maybe the times is the only one for us. Maybe because it is read by intelligent people.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #4: Dec 23, 2011 09:53:19 am
      The times is the only paper I can read, because it has a fairly unbiased view of the world. If we in the wrong we will say, we don't need tossers in the media telling us.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #5: Dec 23, 2011 10:18:00 am
      The tabloids power is waning.

Can't see their circulations ever improving with the rise of internet news etc.  Good riddance, and well done to the club for taking a stand.

That 'RACIST' headline was bang out of order.
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Reply #6: Dec 23, 2011 10:23:41 am
      stopped reading this rag about a year ago, for the reason that they are biast towards man u, there is no doubt, worst of the rags against us. most of the papers are against us though. Think maybe the times is the only one for us. Maybe because it is read by intelligent people.
      I don't read newspapers and I have no idea which ones are biased. I usually get my info from the BBC website and I find it objective, what do you think?
      I know people on here think Sky, Daily Mail and now Daily Mirror are sh*t, anything else?
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #7: Dec 23, 2011 10:24:22 am
      The headline was poor - and I hope Suarez can take legal action for defamation of character.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #8: Dec 23, 2011 10:31:00 am
      The Mirror is now a manc based media facility with all that implies and acts out the role with some enthusiasm.
      It is purely and simply a money making vehicle devoid of morals or ethics - the very reason for it's plummeting sales figures.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #9: Dec 23, 2011 10:33:20 am
      Ironic that at the same time the Mirror is printing endless bullshit and portraying itself as our moral saviour former editor Piers Morgan gave some of the most unconvincing evidence to the Levenson enquiry about phone hacking.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #10: Dec 23, 2011 10:37:47 am
      Ironic that at the same time the Mirror is printing endless bullshit and portraying itself as our moral saviour former editor Piers Morgan gave some of the most unconvincing evidence to the Levenson enquiry about phone hacking.
      Am absolutely made up that smarmy tw*t is getting roasted, personally I'd microwave him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Dec 23, 2011 10:42:46 am
      Happy as a pig in sh*t about this, it shows that we are supporting Suarez fully to the hilt, Kenny is no mug, he knows the media need us more than we need them, hopefully the players will boycott the mirror too and not give them any exclusives.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #12: Dec 23, 2011 10:51:59 am
      Excellent news as that headline was totally out of order.

Great to see the club taking a stand despite what sh*t will be said about this.
      kwame30
      • Forum John Barnes

• 420 posts |
      Reply #13: Dec 23, 2011 10:52:52 am
      Is it official that the Mirror will no longer be welcome at Anfield?
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #14: Dec 23, 2011 10:53:15 am
      hopefully we as fans stop supporting all outlets of media, not just saying one papers sh*t and ones okay! good to see the club standing up for the Liverpool way as always
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15: Dec 23, 2011 10:59:09 am
      Mirror Newspapers and their lawyers should have anticipated there would have been an appeal lodged.

In that case effectively the case remains in train and the newspaper is not entitled to brand or to libel Suarez in the way they did.

Indeed.

I would think that is a racist remark.....and must be immediately reported to the FA for them to adjudicate on. :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #16: Dec 23, 2011 11:24:55 am
      I never really saw a difference between the mirror or the sh*t rag to be honest,both bad as each other.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Reply #17: Dec 23, 2011 11:52:22 am
      I think out of the dailies, the Times is probably the best. Telegraph can be ok in places even if owned by that idiot Murdoch.

For online, stick to BBC and Liverpool Echo :)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #18: Dec 23, 2011 12:18:03 pm
      F***ing good.

No one connected to Liverpool should ever forgive that 'RACIST' headline, bang out of order.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #19: Dec 23, 2011 12:23:53 pm
      I think out of the dailies, the Times is probably the best. Telegraph can be ok in places even if owned by that idiot Murdoch.

For online, stick to BBC and Liverpool Echo :)

Mate. The Telegraph is NOT owned by Murdoch. The Times is.

In fact of all the newspapers out there the Telegraph always give us good support and fair reporting.
      That is who I quote the most on these forums.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #20: Dec 23, 2011 12:40:50 pm
      The Mirror was printed in London at one time wasn't it? Didn't they move production to mankchester?
      Well for one reason or the other, probably their political aspirations I stopped buying it.
      The quality of the reporting deterioratd as did most of the sport coverage and they seem to have got desperate and are now conjuring up headlines for it's shock value,
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #21: Dec 23, 2011 12:42:14 pm
      All redtop tabloids should be avoided along with the Daily fail, Express etc, if you want to read true and accurate stories, their main objective is to make as much money as they can and not nesessary bothered how they do so, i find bbc biased and to up their own arses, the Times and to some degree the Telegraph try and give a more professional and more to the point type of writing but can still be way off the mark at times,

i stopped reading rags years ago but i did occasionaly buy the mirror simply because Brian Reade's column on a Saturday, but never again, sorry Brian,

i think we should all boycott the rags and just read what youwant to read thru the t'internet, ie i live in the midlands so will go on the Echo's website rather than read bullshit rags.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,500 posts | 233 
      Reply #22: Dec 23, 2011 12:43:01 pm
      Mate. The Telegraph is NOT owned by Murdoch. The Times is.

In fact of all the newspapers out there the Telegraph always give us good support and fair reporting.
      That is who I quote the most on these forums.

Sorry typo error by me! But yeah, both papers seem to be ok,

Quick Reply