Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Daily Mirror no longer welcome at Liverpool FC

Read 11174 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Re: Daily Mirror no longer welcome at Liverpool FC
      Reply #23: Dec 23, 2011 12:53:50 pm
      They are not newspapers they are peddlars of lies and filth the Mirror no better than the other scum rag with its sensational headlines.If we stick together we can win the day.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #24: Dec 23, 2011 12:55:39 pm
      the Sun are at it again to saying "kenny is inflicting Anarchy on English football" they really do hate us
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #25: Dec 23, 2011 02:09:00 pm
      the Sun are at it again to saying "kenny is inflicting Anarchy on English football" they really do hate us

They have inflicted anarchy on the media with their corrupt, evil methods. Their accusations are now closely monitored and generally dismissed as the work of morons.
      If anything an accusation from Rupert F***ing Murdoch goes some way in exonerating their victim of all responsibillity.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #26: Dec 23, 2011 03:09:40 pm
      Good......They're all sh*te anyway!
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #27: Dec 23, 2011 03:20:46 pm
      Is it only the Mirror and S*n who are no longer welcome?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #28: Dec 23, 2011 03:27:52 pm
      Is it only the Mirror and S*n who are no longer welcome?
      They're all for the establishment and have agendas that suits THEIR aims, it's a case of some being less bad than others, the best policy is form your own opinion from the headlines.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #29: Dec 23, 2011 08:38:34 pm
      Obvious points aside, Brian Reade's a victim in all this. A fantastically loyal Liverpool writer who's now behind enemy lines.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #30: Dec 23, 2011 09:05:42 pm
      Haven't read a newspaper in years because they are all Manc loving sh*te rags.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,885 posts | 704 
      Reply #31: Dec 23, 2011 09:27:52 pm
      Quote from stuey link
      They're all for the establishment and have agendas that suits THEIR aims, it's a case of some being less bad than others, the best policy is form your own opinion from the headlines.

Journalism is the same as every other business. A journo will never refuse ink, and whatever sells, goes. Even lies if necessary. A two-word newspaper headline in Bold Font and exclamation marks, will attract people's attention and make them more likely to buy it, than a rational, well-thought out, full sentence in normal print.

There are 24hour news channels. Journos and reporters will always go the extra mile often in the same location and difficult environment, to get the interview or story that will make you watch their report over someone else's. If they can lie, they will. If they can exaggerate a story in the process, they will. They don't really care what you think, they rarely show any emotion in their reports.

Everyone covered the Suarez story. Everyone had to fight over what headline will grab the reader's attention, and make them buy it over their rivals. That's what happened in the Mirror report as well. Whether it's true or not, they only care about the sale. And it sold. That was the reporter/editor's job done. Will they care whether they're welcome at Anfield or not? They'll just go off to get the next story somewhere else. That's journalism.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #32: Dec 23, 2011 09:47:02 pm
      I don't read newspapers and I have no idea which ones are biased. I usually get my info from the BBC website and I find it objective, what do you think?
      I know people on here think Sky, Daily Mail and now Daily Mirror are sh*t, anything else?

Might find one or two of us who don't read The S*n mate.

You mean despite David Maddock's half-hearted, non-apology, we're not letting them back?  ;)

Did he attempt to apologise did he? Can't find anything on this.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 996 posts | 69 
      Reply #33: Dec 23, 2011 09:54:23 pm
      They all piss in the same pot
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #34: Dec 23, 2011 09:56:01 pm

Did he attempt to apologise did he? Can't find anything on this.

A half-hearted attempt online, with digs still aimed at Suarez/Dalglish in and a solitary 'the paper was wrong to use that headline', it was up on the Mirror site yesterday, not sure if it still is.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #35: Dec 23, 2011 10:00:26 pm
      The basic tenants of journalism are fairness, balance, and objectivity (or so I'm told in journalism school!). What the Daily Mirror did was irresponsible and unethical. So too are the media outlets only quoting views that are anti-Suarez, such as Paul McGrath. It's not just the words they use (isn't that ironic) but the visuals they use. The Mirror's "RACIST" is only a few pegs away from the S*n's "THE TRUTH" crap.

Look at the pictures, as well. A common image used by the press is this one:

^ This image shows Suarez being the aggressor, giving a somewhat innocent looking Evra a distasteful look.

But, has this image of Evra brushing off Suarez  ever been used?

Or what about any of the stills from this gif? Look at this gif and tell me who the aggressor is.

The bias being shown is outrageous. And it's not just text; it's also with images. Images are always stronger than words, and continually running the top image shows what the editorial board thinks.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #36: Dec 23, 2011 10:03:19 pm
      A half-hearted attempt online, with digs still aimed at Suarez/Dalglish in and a solitary 'the paper was wrong to use that headline', it was up on the Mirror site yesterday, not sure if it still is.

Cheers fella.

Ah well, F**k him. Who the F**k is David Maddock anyway?

Know somebody touched upon it earlier in the thread but I do wonder what direction Brian Reade will take now. The more it rumbles on between us and The Mirror the more uncomfortable he will become I am sure.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #37: Dec 23, 2011 10:08:24 pm
      The basic tenants of journalism are fairness, balance, and objectivity (or so I'm told in journalism school!). What the Daily Mirror did was irresponsible and unethical. So too are the media outlets only quoting views that are anti-Suarez, such as Paul McGrath. It's not just the words they use (isn't that ironic) but the visuals they use. The Mirror's "RACIST" is only a few pegs away from the S*n's "THE TRUTH" crap.

Look at the pictures, as well. A common image used by the press is this one:

^ This image shows Suarez being the aggressor, giving a somewhat innocent looking Evra a distasteful look.

But, has this image of Evra brushing off Suarez  ever been used?

Or what about any of the stills from this gif? Look at this gif and tell me who the aggressor is.

The bias being shown is outrageous. And it's not just text; it's also with images. Images are always stronger than words, and continually running the top image shows what the editorial board thinks.

Noticed all this straight away mate. Sky Sports are using that still at the top and have been showing over again a clip from behind the goal that I had never seen where Suarez is talking more than Evra. They have blatently scoured every possible camera at every possible second of the game to find something like that.

Desperate and terribly biased.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #38: Dec 23, 2011 10:20:32 pm
      Tomorrows back page is Fergie telling Kenny to get over it and Accept the F.A ban some cheek these fuckers.........

http://www.facebook.com/mirrorfootball
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #39: Dec 23, 2011 10:22:36 pm
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: Dec 23, 2011 10:27:50 pm
      There is the mirrors attempt to start a war between the clubs. F**k me that paper is scum. They know exactly what there at
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #41: Dec 23, 2011 10:29:20 pm
      Ha, love that sh*te,,,,Slur Fergunut is not qualified to advise LFC on toilet cleaning technology let alone this.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #42: Dec 23, 2011 10:30:11 pm
      Sad cu*ts they are trying to cause more rivalry between the clubs,Fair play Red was trying for ages.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #43: Dec 23, 2011 10:30:50 pm
      However, Ferguson has 48 hours to appeal the decision.

Ferguson appealed the initial charge of improper conduct a few days after the Chelsea loss. Some of the things that Ferguson said that got him into trouble with The FA in the first place were:

“You want a fair referee, or a strong referee anyway – and we didn’t get that.”

“I must say, when I saw who the referee was I feared it. I feared the worst.”

At the time, Ferguson allegedly went against the advice of Manchester United lawyers who recommended that he should not appeal. But appeal he did and Ferguson now faces the five-match touchline ban and a fine. If he decides to appeal these charges, then he may find himself in even deeper water.

Now although he didn't appeal the five match ban, he did appeal the initial charge. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #44: Dec 23, 2011 10:35:54 pm
      Another of his stupid arse mind games, as someone said it all began with the game at Anfield when Luis tore them a new one and the septic old b***ard called him a cheat - the campaign started then and has continued.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #45: Dec 23, 2011 10:37:30 pm
      I'd love it if Kenny just responded, "Cool story, bro."

Quick Reply