(0%)

Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn - post match boxing

Read 43365 times
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Blackburn 3pm kick off
      Reply #552: Dec 26, 2011 05:04:44 pm
      I blame Charlie Adam for the loss, fully.

We drew.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #553: Dec 26, 2011 05:04:45 pm
      Same old story, forget possession and shots on goal, forget hitting the woodwork in previous games time and time again.

If we draw at home to the bottom of table team we deserve nothing more than what we've got and unless things change sharpish we can forget top 4. The only thing worse than our centre mid pairing today was the crowd!

BTW, there are some right tossers on this forum these days!  :f_steam:
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,941 posts | 285 
      Reply #554: Dec 26, 2011 05:04:47 pm
      One thing I've noticed is that with Gerrard on, were at least playing football. Sorry Charlie.

Nothing to be sorry about, Adam was sh*t.

I though Carroll played an ok game to be honest, but we created so much less with a 4-4-2 formation compared to 4-5-1.
      Their keeper had nothing to do for too long and we didn't create enough, Gerrard made a massive difference (because he can actually pick a spot in the 6 yard box, that the rest of our players seem to be inept of).
      Theres no sense of urgency until the last 10 mins within the squad, I'm seriously pissed off.

They were there for the taking and we failed. Again.
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #555: Dec 26, 2011 05:04:53 pm
      We have only ourselves to blame for dropping points.

We just can't put games to bed when we need to. Several chances went begging and they should have been put away.

Sounded like a bad atmosphere again at Anfield.

This ^^^^

And the worrying thing is, that missing serval chances and the bad atmosphere is happening just too regularly.

Well done to Blackburn for defending so well and their goalkeeper who made some world class saves. But we need to look at ourselves in the mirror and try to find a solution to our finishing.

Gerrard's return was the only positive, we looked a far better side when he was playing. He made some fantastic passes and we looked like a top side with him back.

Skrtel was brilliant once again and his ball too Maxi for the goal was fabulous.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #556: Dec 26, 2011 05:04:56 pm
      We are pathetic an average team at best

How can we be pathetic and average at the same time?

Anyway, we're certainly not pathetic. We're playing some good footy lately - especially compared to some of the sh*te we were playing under Hodgson. But we need to remedy the lack of conviction and be more clinical in front of goal because it really is starting to damage our progress this season.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #557: Dec 26, 2011 05:05:04 pm
      Exactly. Come some one tell me what exactly he has done at Sunderland to warrant a place in our club???

Get over 100 premier league appearances at Under 21?

Create the most goal scoring chances than any premier league player  from any team under the top 6?

Captain of the England U21's?
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #558: Dec 26, 2011 05:05:08 pm
      Why can't we show that same urgency that we show in the dying moments during the entire game?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,506 posts | 2870 
      Reply #559: Dec 26, 2011 05:05:10 pm
      Here's a stat to cheer everyone up.

We've scored the same amount of league goals in the first 18 games of Dalglish's first full season as we did in the first 18 league games under Hodgson - 21*

*subject to my maths being right
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #560: Dec 26, 2011 05:05:20 pm
      The Nearly Men.

Nearly won and at this rate will nearly qualify for the Champions League.

Four points dropped against WIGAN and BLACKBURN.

Not good enough.

Taking off the rose coloured glasses.
      MickyMetal
      • Banned
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #561: Dec 26, 2011 05:05:31 pm
      With the exception of Suarez and possibly Enrique, we looked like Blackpool.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #562: Dec 26, 2011 05:05:34 pm
      Unbelievable amount of saves by opposing goalkeepers at the death. I just can't believe it.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,487 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #563: Dec 26, 2011 05:05:44 pm
      Stats will say we dominated, personally don't think we played well enough to deserve the 3 points today. Against the side who sit bottom of the table we should be performing better. Especially at Anfield.

Our play was far too predictable. Play it to Suarez who is heavily marked or hoof it to Carroll who gets dispossessed or doesn't get control of the ball. Bellamy should have been brought on at half time.

Proves what a pivotal role Lucas plays in the team. Downing is shot of confidence for one reason or another, Andy just can't score, Adam is lost because he has to defend more and Hendo just disappears every ten minutes.

Disappointed.

EDIT: Dare I say it too, maybe the owners will look at moving to Stanley Park now. Atmosphere was diabolical after about 15 minutes of play.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #564: Dec 26, 2011 05:05:49 pm
      Can we please not go on about missed penalties, and possession and chances FFS. Every other team in the league has F***ing stuffed this useless sh*te and their fans hate the manager, we have managed to unite the whole of Blackburn because of our own wasteful finishing.

Kenny need's to get Rushie back and fit because he could still outscore this F***ing lot.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #565: Dec 26, 2011 05:06:23 pm
      I can't take it anymore.

It's simply not good enough. We're not beating the teams we should be beating and everyone has beaten. That's how dreams are achieved in the league. You take points off as many teams as often as possible not freaking draw 6 times at home.

It looks as though we struggle when we are expected to win, as it always has been and probably will be this season.

I don't bother looking at positives because Blackburn are bottom of the league, their manager's position is uncertain, they haven't won in 12 games and they have not kept a clean sheet all season and we F***ing can't beat them at home.

Oh by the way, Martin Skrtel man of the match for me. Thought he was faultless today and even set up the equaliser.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #566: Dec 26, 2011 05:06:35 pm
      Carroll looked good for me and the only player who wants to be anywhere near the 6 yard box.

He was so so so unlucky right at the end and yet again we are cursing the opposition keeper. But we did not create enough to win and a draw is fair in my opinion.

Unbelievably frustrated. At least we have Gerrard back.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #567: Dec 26, 2011 05:06:54 pm
      People saying we're pathetic and average aren't doing the lads justice first of all. Some of the play is excellent and we're carving teams open just the finishing is either hitting the woodwork or keepers playing absolute blinders. The defence were top notch again, unlucky own goal, sh*t happens. The frustration amongst our lads must be near popping point, great to see Captain Fantastic back and looked pretty sharp indeed, could of easily scored from his first free-kick. People I would criticise are Henderson who had little to no impact on the entire game, getting boring now I know but he offers nothing forward or back for the team bar a decent engine to get around the pitch, as for Downing he had so much possession today and provided so little, could visibly see Gerrard for one being pissed off with his poor choices, it was more encouraging that he did take his man on more, but never really beat him ever. Johnson and Enrique were excellent again, Suarez looking a bit knackered if I'm honest, the rest will do him good and Carroll I'm sorry wasn't nearly good enough, when he switched off for the header back to him summed it up for me, definitely need a striker to put him down the pecking order and either force him to perform or force him out as he shouldn't really be in the first XI the way he's playing at the moment. Disappointed but I'm not going to disgrace the effort the lads put in by saying it was pathetic, on another day we could of scored about 5 or 6 there but yes this is the story of the season I know. 2 horrible results but there is still light there and I still have faith even though some seem to be losing theirs.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #568: Dec 26, 2011 05:06:58 pm

We've scored the same amount of league goals in the first 18 games of Dalglish's first full season as we did in the first 18 league games under Hodgson - 21*

Just for balance - how many conceded?  There must be a difference there.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #569: Dec 26, 2011 05:07:08 pm
      That was F***ing woeful. How the F**k did Carroll miss that. Adam Henderson and Carroll were F***ing awful Enrique gave his worst performance for the club.  Kenny seems to have a problem he can't solve beating
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #570: Dec 26, 2011 05:07:28 pm
      we have a solid defence, we just need the right players to build on that. I am not saying we should splash money around like city but going only for young English players is not the way to go.
      MickyMetal
      • Banned
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #571: Dec 26, 2011 05:07:37 pm
      Get over 100 premier league appearances at Under 21?

Create the most goal scoring chances than any premier league player  from any team under the top 6?

Captain of the England U21's?
      That's exactly the sort of dstat that was wheeled out in front of Kenny. But there's only one problem... Our national sides are CRAP! They are hardly a barometer of who's good and who's not. Heskey played in the last world cup, with your logic, he should be at a big club like ours, flawed logic!
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #572: Dec 26, 2011 05:07:49 pm

eh, but our defense is fantastic and we are playing much better football. but yes we need to score goals.

Positive note is despite dropping all these terrible points we are still only 3 points, possibly 4 depending on the arse, back from champions league. If we improve over the second half we can get there. We're still in position
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #573: Dec 26, 2011 05:08:00 pm
      F***ing arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who the F**k is Mark Bunn and why the F**k do cu*ts like him pull saves out their arse when they play us and go back to being F***ing sh*t the next week. F**k!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,715 posts | 7164 
      Reply #574: Dec 26, 2011 05:09:11 pm
      Sorry but top to bottom not good enough for Liverpool Football club. This is Anfield sign will have to be taken soon at this rate to fancy the your chances here stadium

Quick Reply