Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Johnson
      (0.8%)
      Enrique
      (14.8%)
      Skrtel
      (17.2%)
      Agger
      (2.5%)
      Henderson
      (0%)
      Adam
      (1.6%)
      Downing
      (15.6%)
      Maxi
      (23%)
      Carroll
      (3.3%)
      Suarez
      (6.6%)
      Gerrard
      (14.8%)
      Bellamy
      (0%)

Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn - post match boxing

Read 42665 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn - post match boxing
      Reply #690: Dec 27, 2011 12:52:40 am
      See if blackburn were just bottom of the league redkenny u may have a point but F**k me with what is going on there that was a F***ing joke today. I think that abysmal today no hiding from that abysmal

Abysmal is not what it was corballyred. Abysmal is something you would describe us getting beat by Blackburn at home without us getting near their goal. And you know it.

Regardless of what is going on at Blackburn, that doesn't mean they will come to Anfield and roll over and die. By all means feed off a negative result but I hope you're as enthusiastic when we're back at the top.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #691: Dec 27, 2011 12:55:05 am
      We don't have a bottomless pit of funds, we need to be realistic about that. Comes January I'd not emphasize getting new wingers, we have enough qualities there but just have to improve on the quality of the crosses and the forwards less static and make room for themselves. Our real problem is the engine room in midfield, there is no direct attack where our midfielders takes on the opposition defenders or link up with the forwards inside the box. We becomes predictable to many teams, that is our midfielders will stray the ball to the wings and the crosses will come in from there. We could clearly see the difference when Stevie came on where defenders do not know whether Stevie will take them on, make a through pass to our strikers or pass to the wing, thus we need an out and out creative attacking midfielder, sadly Adam and Hendo is not the answer at the moment and we can't be waiting forever. I have not seen a through ball or a chip that clears every opposition defenders to our strikers in a scoring position from Adam or Hendo. Poor Suarez had to make all those oppenings himself. Not forgetting we need a quality defensive midfileder and a quality striker, if we could afford.

Time to move on and half the season has gone and I've seen enough to suggest that we need new players in ceratin positions.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #692: Dec 27, 2011 01:22:37 am
      Quote from KopiteLuke
      Totally agree with the "perspective" post, anyone expecting us to move for the shambles we were under Hodgson to full blown title contenders after 1 summer spent rebuilding haven't been following football for long or were simply deluding themselves.

Hodgson was in charge for a short time in very difficult circumstances, and in 2 weeks time will be a solid year out of the job. He can be blamed for some but not all of our current woes, they go back a fair bit longer than that. But what disappoints me is that some people regard 4th place as equivalent to a league title for us, when it doesn't even guarantee CL group football next year.

The reality is, we had multi-million quid players out there today, at home against a demoralised club in civil war, bottom of the league with 4 players out. Today was a home banker, and a point is not remotely good enough, no matter how many chances we missed. And it's not the first time it's happened either. We've got just 9 points from the last 18. It cost us in previous years, last year, and it will cost us again this year.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #693: Dec 27, 2011 01:26:34 am
      Okay, I have just watched the highlights on Motd. I hate saying this but I agree with Alan Shearer. I would be worried if we were not creating chances. Guys, the goals will come. Have faith! Starting with the Geordies on Friday. YNWA

I'd agree if it was only a few games, Semple.

This has gone on for far too long, especially against the lower teams and it is now a problem. Kenny must find a solution to scoring goals and beating them.

It's since 4 months ago that it started! It was okay for the first game but it has kept on happening.

Also, sometimes Suarez is too wasteful and greedy, IMO. He's such a wonderful player but he could make do with some different decisions in front of goal.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #694: Dec 27, 2011 01:45:15 am
      But what disappoints me is that some people regard 4th place as equivalent to a league title for us, when it doesn't even guarantee CL group football next year.

Securing 4th place is like winning a league title after the previous two seasons, so any improvement from that has to be seen as a positive.

The reality is, we had multi-million quid players out there today, at home against a demoralised club in civil war, bottom of the league with 4 players out. Today was a home banker, and a point is not remotely good enough, no matter how many chances we missed. And it's not the first time it's happened either. We've got just 9 points from the last 18. It cost us in previous years, last year, and it will cost us again this year.

The reality is, tactically were just about spot on, were creating a sh*t loads of chance playing some nice football and if our forwards were a bit more clinical in front of goal we'd easily be in the Champions League positions, sadly tactics don't run onto a through ball and place it in the corner.

Our luck will change eventually and when it does we will start putting teams to the sword.

lfcfan1992
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #695: Dec 27, 2011 02:02:07 am
      Match of the day (MOTD) - Liverpool 1 - 1 Blackburn - 26 December 2011

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,002 posts | 3952 
      Reply #696: Dec 27, 2011 02:39:49 am
      Our apparent lack of hunger in the last quarter needs addressing.
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #697: Dec 27, 2011 02:44:10 am
      Our apparent lack of hunger in the last quarter needs addressing.

Suarez looks plenty hungry to me...of course I think that's part of the problem. His frustration is counterproductive. The sooner he (and Carroll) get a goal the better. There's too much pressure on him right now.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #698: Dec 27, 2011 02:59:01 am
      Your posts get quite repetitive and I can't wait for Carroll to do well so I can stop seeing them.

IMHO we was far from woeful and did not miss a sitter, a.k.a the keeper did an amazing save. It's not like he miss-hit or something.
      look mate if that is what u think is good off the lad he has a massive problem.  According to one of the respected itks on twitter we are now willing to listen to offers would anyone remember be surprised by that. It is repetitive jabv because from the start disgusted we spent so much money for mediocrity
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #699: Dec 27, 2011 03:06:17 am
      Would love ur point of view blood really would but that was a joke today and we didn't create a sh*t load of chances
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #700: Dec 27, 2011 04:05:56 am
      Anyone that complains about our lack of goals but still don't admit Carroll was a mistake is in denial. Sorry but are we the first club to pay £35M for a player that might turn good in the future.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #701: Dec 27, 2011 06:13:55 am
      Anyone that complains about our lack of goals but still don't admit Carroll was a mistake is in denial. Sorry but are we the first club to pay £35M for a player that might turn good in the future.
      He was a panic buy after Torres fu**ed off to the chavs we needed a striker and Newcastle knew it so we were taken for a ride. I couldn't see us payirnore than 15-20 mil for him in normal circumstances. Still not playing well enough for that value either mind you.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #702: Dec 27, 2011 07:13:19 am
       Disappointed with the result and very disappointed with the missed chances,we have got to put that bloody ball in the back of the opposition net.It is still too early th throw in the towel but we have got to collect 3 points from these lower clubs.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #703: Dec 27, 2011 07:14:56 am
      Well, I haven't watched the highlights, so I'm just going off how I remember the game, but did anyone else get the impression (not for the first time) that the players panic far too much in the final third?

Suarez tries too often to run the ball into the net, on his own, trying shots from impossible angles, instead of choosing a killer final pass.

Our midfielders too often go for goal from daft angles or too far out, especially frustrating in situations when we actually are forward in numbers and there is better to do.

It's those wasteful snap shots that look like someone going for glory and end up flying into row Z or out for a bloody throw in (!) that are simply doing my head in, and this in too many matches this season.

Now I'm making no excuses, and think we need to sign a couple of quality players in January, but the ones we have are creating chances, many of which are wasted needlessly.

The pressure of a poor atmosphere coupled with a season of low-scoring and missed opportunities seem to be weighing on the players shoulders heavily, and for me is visible as early as 10-15 minutes into matches at times.

We need to get our heads straight!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #704: Dec 27, 2011 07:18:54 am
      Well, I haven't watched the highlights, so I'm just going off how I remember the game, but did anyone else get the impression (not for the first time) that the players panic far too much in the final third?

Suarez tries too often to run the ball into the net, on his own, trying shots from impossible angles, instead of choosing a killer final pass.

Our midfielders too often go for goal from daft angles or too far out, especially frustrating in situations when we actually are forward in numbers and there is better to do.

It's those wasteful snap shots that look like someone going for glory and end up flying into row Z or out for a bloody throw in (!) that are simply doing my head in, and this in too many matches this season.

Now I'm making no excuses, and think we need to sign a couple of quality players in January, but the ones we have are creating chances, many of which are wasted needlessly.

The pressure of a poor atmosphere coupled with a season of low-scoring and missed opportunities seem to be weighing on the players shoulders heavily, and for me is visible as early as 10-15 minutes into matches at times.

We need to get our heads straight!
      ayrton there is no doubt we are creating plenty of chances,I know most of these keepers at Anfield this season are playing blinders but we should have enough skill and firepower to beat them and get 3 points.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #705: Dec 27, 2011 07:21:20 am
      ayrton there is no doubt we are creating plenty of chances,I know most of these keepers at Anfield this season are playing blinders but we should have enough skill and firepower to beat them and get 3 points.

I agree, but I also feel there are too many chances wasted, or shots taken when we should be passing.

It's our decision making in and around the box, and the reasons for it, that are annoying me just as much as our dreadful finishing!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #706: Dec 27, 2011 07:29:08 am
      I agree, but I also feel there are too many chances wasted, or shots taken when we should be passing.

It's our decision making in and around the box, and the reasons for it, that are annoying me just as much as our dreadful finishing!
      I also think we are passing at times around the box when we should be putting it straight into the net.Hopefully Stevie Gerrard will change that problem now that he is back.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #707: Dec 27, 2011 08:22:21 am
      Gutted my 8-0 prediction should have come through only for our lack of clinicalness to cost me and us again.  :mad:

One thing that really stood out for me last night was not one player was busting there balls to get into that box. Everytime the ball came in we had one player in there against 4 or 5 defenders. Where were our lads ???

Also at every corner why the F**k is someone with ability on the edge of the box ready for the defenders headed clearence to come straight to them. So many times Blackburn headed the ball away from one our crosses. Now normally those headers can go anywhere but na, not when we play us, they head it out and a bloke in yellow gets on the end of it.  :mad:

Finally another keeper comes to Anfield and gets his name up in lights. They never seem to do it anywhere else except our place. cu*ts.

Sorry, last thing, that crowd was a disgrace. These people should be priveleged to be inside that Holy sporting Arena. No one making noise, most taking videos or photos makes me sick.  :f_steam:
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #708: Dec 27, 2011 10:15:11 am
      I think we have been doing brilliantly the last few games except of course with finishing and with having luck.

Our defensive back 5 inlcuding lucas is the best in the league and only averages mid 20's in age. They could be here for years to come with coates and kelly for back ups.

Our midfield has energy and drive and desire. Our wingers finally have pace and can cross. We have a lot of youth and improvement there aswell. Stevie is back.

Our forwards in suarez and carroll could potentially be unstoppable. They are both capable of 20+ a season.

I think there is a lot to be positive about. We have a very solid foundation at the back and everything else is improving for me. We have issues only with finishing and luck.

In the next 2 windows we will add to this squad and hopefully improve our chances again.

Everyone at the club is doing their best so please be patient. This is a long term plan and it is coming together piece by piece imo.

We will have a strong second half and improve again and get the top 4 i believe.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #709: Dec 27, 2011 10:24:50 am
      Excellent post leeboy, I agree with almost all of it.

Just this bit:

Our midfield has energy and drive and desire.

Since Lucas has been out injured, and Gerrard as well, I think this has (perhaps understandably) been our weakest area.

I can accept a drop in quality when two excellent midfielders are injured, but what hasn't pleased me is to see Henderson, Downing and (to a lesser extent) Adam, not showing the necessary desire and fight.

I want to see all our players giving their maximum when they pull on the shirt, it should be a given, not an exception.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #710: Dec 27, 2011 10:34:07 am
      Were doing everything right but scoring hatful of goals.

Yet again the opposing keeper has the game of his life what is it about playing us?

As long as we keep going the way we are the goals will come. We have the best defence inthe league were playing very good football and Gerrard is back. Dont get me wrong dropping 2 more points to a team we should be beating is a pain in the arse but be patient it will come good
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #711: Dec 27, 2011 10:38:34 am
       The main point which many of the naysayers are trying to get accross is that they were right all along. All the bluster about action areas, players attacking it, running down the channels, pass completion ratios, successful driubbles and all that is just a sideshow. What we are on about here from the usual suspects is a "I was right when I said what I said, nah-nah-nahnah-nah" angle. Some of them spotted Carroll would never make it back in 2006, and they told you so too if you're prepared to go back and fish out the quotes. They like sayings like "I think you'll find I was right when I said" etc etc, they love it.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #712: Dec 27, 2011 10:39:33 am
      Can't finish to save our lives.

Quick Reply