Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Johnson
      (0.8%)
      Enrique
      (14.8%)
      Skrtel
      (17.2%)
      Agger
      (2.5%)
      Henderson
      (0%)
      Adam
      (1.6%)
      Downing
      (15.6%)
      Maxi
      (23%)
      Carroll
      (3.3%)
      Suarez
      (6.6%)
      Gerrard
      (14.8%)
      Bellamy
      (0%)

Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn - post match boxing

Read 42721 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Blackburn - post match boxing
      Reply #713: Dec 27, 2011 12:19:15 pm
      We just do not know how to score.

I have no problems with our performances. Maybe not winning a game can be considered "not good enough" but I feel we've played well in almost all our games bar a few and definitely should have had better results if results were given based on performances.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #714: Dec 27, 2011 01:10:15 pm
      Besides our clear lack of shooting ability, our problem yesterday was again in midfield. Im sorry, but Henderson is not ready yet, he again frustrated me with his backwards or sideways passing on occasions where he had the opportunity to play a more positive ball. Dont get me wrong, he probably has potential, but considering his price-tag i think i expected alot more. Besides his passing, he didnt show any ambition to get into the opposition penalty area or become part of our attack...especially when Blackburn had 8-9 players behind the ball.  Adam was poor again, but i reckon it could've been better taking of Henderson for Gerrard instead.

I just wish we would show more urgency and at least have some attempts on goal from midfield as well instead of always looking for Suarez.

I hope it improves big time against Newcastle!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #715: Dec 27, 2011 01:18:20 pm
      Put the ball in the net and discuss the other options later and all that.

The players seem to make the wrong decisions all the time! Shooting when they should pass and passing when they should shoot themselves.

It needs addressing..... I don't know what the solution is but the problem is more than just being unlucky at this stage!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #716: Dec 27, 2011 01:26:30 pm
      Would love ur point of view blood really would but that was a joke today and we didn't create a sh*t load of chances

We created 27 chances on goal mate 7 were on target.

5 were blocked.

10 were from outside of the box.

17 were from inside the box.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #717: Dec 27, 2011 01:28:22 pm
      We created 27 chances on goal mate 7 were on target.

5 were blocked.

10 were from outside of the box.

17 were from inside the box.

Getting the ball near the goal must have counted as a chance if we created 27.

We did not create that many clear cut chances.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #718: Dec 27, 2011 01:30:18 pm
      Getting the ball near the goal must have counted as a chance if we created 27.

We did not create that many clear cut chances.

Thats the official stats mate.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/fixtures/first-team/liverpool-v-blackburn-7704/last-match-statistics

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #719: Dec 27, 2011 01:35:25 pm
      This is no ones fault other than the XI out there at the time. It's not Commolli or Kenny out there kicking the ball.                             They have a system good enough that is creating chances and carving the other team                                                                but if the players put out there don't take the chances then what good are they?

Positive is Gerrard back. Negative is again F***ing TAKE YOUR CHANCES!

The bit in bold is all i need to know, the system is working, the tactics are working. It's all been down to poor finishing and Carroll has hardly played this Season, so how about people look elsewhere other than Adam and Carroll when laying the F***ing blame.

We are one of the top sides in the League for creating chances, the stats are there. We're not finishing our chances so it's down to the players selected.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #720: Dec 27, 2011 01:37:20 pm
      Would love ur point of view blood really would but that was a joke today and we didn't create a sh*t load of chances

Suarez header from a corner, wide.

Suarez header again, wide.

Carroll right in front of the keeper first half, should be giving him no chance.

Carroll header rose above everyone, keeper rooted to the spot but put it wide.

Carroll chance in last minute, fantastic save.

Agger header off the line in the last minute.

Maxi far post chance, goal.

Downing, chance inside the box to curl around the keeper from a Gerrard ball, straight at keeper.

8 clear cut chances in my book. 1 taken. 2 brilliantly saved fair enough but out of the other five at least 2 or 3 could have hit the back of the net.

I bet I've probably missed more chances there too.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #721: Dec 27, 2011 01:38:03 pm
      Them stats are really skewed  barring the last fifteen mins blood tell me any genuine chances we had
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #722: Dec 27, 2011 01:39:09 pm
      Them stats are really skewed  barring the last fifteen mins blood tell me any genuine chances we had

Don't need to Chats already has. ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #723: Dec 27, 2011 01:40:48 pm
      Sorry chats but you dont get points for a creating chances.  That stat that we created 27chances yesterday shows how fu**ed up the system is that calculates it
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #724: Dec 27, 2011 01:41:53 pm
      Look it wasnt the best result in the world but,at least the chances and football we are playing is very good,best ive seen in years as a matter of fact,id be more worried if we were not making chances but we are and thats encouraging.

Sooner or later things will click in front of goal,things will not continue as they are ,to be honest i find it almost freakish that we are not scoring as many as chances made,and as  for these b***ard keepers who continue to perform out of there skin at anfield,again its bloody weird.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #725: Dec 27, 2011 01:42:42 pm
      West Ham created more chances than Man City last season, this stat is so over-used, I have my doubts about how it's counted too.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #726: Dec 27, 2011 01:43:33 pm
      Abysmal is not what it was corballyred. Abysmal is something you would describe us getting beat by Blackburn at home without us getting near their goal. And you know it.

Regardless of what is going on at Blackburn, that doesn't mean they will come to Anfield and roll over and die. By all means feed off a negative result but I hope you're as enthusiastic when we're back at the top.
      I wouldn't call it enthusiastic id actually call it anger and i do think it was abysmal yesterday
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #727: Dec 27, 2011 01:44:07 pm
      Sorry chats but you dont get points for a creating chances.

Your right Corbally you don't, you get points for converting more than the opposition which is something we are struggling to do, we create enough chances to easily see off opponents, its finishing them off that is costing us.

As Chats has shown, we easily had enough clear cut chances to see off Blackburn yesterday.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #728: Dec 27, 2011 01:44:20 pm
      Sorry chats but you dont get points for a creating chances.  That stat that we created 27chances yesterday shows how fu**ed up the system is that calculates it

Never said we get points mate.

Personally, I don't really look into most in-game stats. I'll watch the game with my eyes and reach a conclusion. In my eyes there were 8 clear cut chances to score, that's a healthy amount and for most good teams in most games that should easily be enough to win. Especially when you're up against a team like Blackburn (no offence to them but we should be winning comfortably).
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #729: Dec 27, 2011 01:47:22 pm
      And by the F***ing way, it's not Carroll who is the ever present striker this Season, yet i don't see anyone having a go at Suarez here?. Yes, he's a great player but he has missed many chances this Season and if he spent a bit less time on his arse with his hands in the air then the results may have been that little bit different.

Many players have missed many chances this Season so far, Suarez, Adam, Henderson, Kuyt and Maxi.

Once Carroll has been given a good run in the side, at least four or five games on the trot, then and only then will i be prepared to listen to the opinions on whether he is good enough.

You can't base your judgement on a player who has made five and ten minute cameos for the most part of his time here, a player who is still nowhere near full fitness and sharpness.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #730: Dec 27, 2011 01:50:16 pm
      But sure u are saying eight.  I remember blackburn having i think three so what if they took them when. We were extremely poor yesterday and our game plan seemed to be just get it wide and lump it in the box to big Andy.  57crosses we hit in yesterday i think that is a more interesting stat
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #731: Dec 27, 2011 01:54:09 pm
      Well mate Kenny obviously dont think he is good enough for four or five games on the trot.  Keane never played four or five games on the trot either did babel. And i dont think yesterday is going to convince Kenny he should be a regular
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #732: Dec 27, 2011 02:37:33 pm
      Can' t believe no one is moaning about the clear cut penalty right at the end before we had those two chances.

Stone F***ing waller for the blatant push on Agger.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #733: Dec 27, 2011 02:38:33 pm
      Well mate Kenny obviously dont think he is good enough for four or five games on the trot.  Keane never played four or five games on the trot either did babel. And i dont think yesterday is going to convince Kenny he should be a regular

Different managers, players and ages
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #734: Dec 27, 2011 02:42:27 pm
      Can' t believe no one is moaning about the clear cut penalty right at the end before we had those two chances.

Stone F***ing waller for the blatant push on Agger.

Wouldn't be surprised if the ref was "punishing" him for that blatant dive he did earlier.

Didn't he get yellow carded for that?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #735: Dec 27, 2011 02:48:30 pm
      Different managers, players and ages
      babel was similar age to Carroll. This is Liverpool u get in the team on merit not what we paid for him.  Carroll doesn't deserve four or five games on the trot

Quick Reply