Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Darren Bent (Aston Villa)

Read 42983 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Darren Bent (Aston Villa)
      Reply #506: Jan 06, 2012 02:06:48 pm
      They work together on transfers not apart.

Exactly mate.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #507: Jan 06, 2012 02:07:54 pm
      If you've reported him to the mods for that then you've only just given confirmation to his final statement.
      Disgraceful that amid a window where we have yet to sign any players that people are already calling
      for Comolli's head. Bent may or may not be on his way here. Bent may or may not sign for 30 million.
      To start seeking a man's head on rumours and hearsay is embarrassing.

It seems to be that some on here are only happy if Kenny, sorry Comolli I forgot it's nothing to do with Kenny, buy the players they want for the price they want to pay.

I'd rather the manager buys the players he wants for the price the club is willing and able to pay in order to secure them.

Am I wrong or is that not the way it should work?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #508: Jan 06, 2012 02:08:43 pm
      Absolutely spot on mate, frenzied transfer window fever at its worst.

Although its actually got hee-haw to do with the window - that's just an excuse to get the hobbyhorse back out!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #509: Jan 06, 2012 02:09:45 pm
      Was exactly the point I was stumbling inarticulately towards Racer - thanks for putting it more clearly !

Nah. You just cut to the point.
      I tend to waffle.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #510: Jan 06, 2012 02:11:30 pm
      You have been reported to the mods.

:f_wah: :lmao:

On the topic of Bent...some good points made about the fact that he'd be able to assimilate into the team pretty quickly and hopefully provide some much needed scoring. All of the griping and moaning about price have no place at this point because we don't know what the deal is/would be.  If he's bought and the price made known then we can debate whether or not it was a worthwhile endeavor. But so far as we know there may or may not be some interest in a player that most seem to agree would add some immediate help in the scoring department. With that in mind I think it would be a good move. If Carroll goes down with injury who do we have then?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #511: Jan 06, 2012 02:24:37 pm
      It seems to be that some on here are only happy if Kenny, sorry Comolli I forgot it's nothing to do with Kenny, buy the players they want for the price they want to pay.

I'd rather the manager buys the players he wants for the price the club is willing and able to pay in order to secure them.

Am I wrong or is that not the way it should work?

I think some preferred it under Hicks & Gillett when we were robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Its all about perspective, which some are seemingly not getting.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #512: Jan 06, 2012 02:27:02 pm
      I think some preferred it under Hicks & Gillett when we were robbing Peter to pay Paul.

You paid Paul? I paid Peter!!

That's just incompetent Blood - I'm calling for your head!

But really - any substance to the Bent story emerged today?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #513: Jan 06, 2012 02:28:58 pm
      But really - any substance to the Bent story emerged today?

Not really mate, just rumours, the credible Journo's if there is such a thing say its a nothing story, I tend to believe them.

Seemed to be the mirror running with it last night, which innoculously happened during the criticism of Ollie Holt on twitter, to divert attention perhaps ?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #514: Jan 06, 2012 02:31:03 pm

I think most of us would love to have seen Rafa backed in the market the same way.
      Unfortunately for Rafa and us that didn't happen. We can't just keep dreaming of a 08/09 season followed by FSG investment.
      sh*t happens and if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger.

We got lucky in having FSG and Kenny come in when the club was on it's knees.
      Now we need to rebuild and it would serve us all well to have some patience in this regard.

People losing their mind because we have been linked to Darren Bent?
      There is a plus side to this thread... If we are going out looking at 20 - 30 Million signings
      then I'm delighted. Of course I'd love a few of the calibre of Suarez for the final run in,
      but lets just settle down a bit here shall we.
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2012 03:06:51 pm by racerx34 »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #515: Jan 06, 2012 02:41:06 pm
      Funny I thought that myself watching it escalating - the Ollie Holt connection I mean
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #516: Jan 06, 2012 02:44:23 pm
      Seemed to be the mirror running with it last night, which innoculously happened during the criticism of Ollie Holt on twitter, to divert attention perhaps ?

I've not been on the site since the headline but a few people mentioned big Liverpool stories since.

Possibly just trying desperately to claw back some web hits and papers sold by repeatedly trying to tempt pissed off Reds back, the Ollie Holt thing is almost certainly connected.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #517: Jan 06, 2012 03:17:30 pm
      Don't, you know what'll happen  :lmao:

Seems to be some quite mixed opinions of Bent, except fot the £30 million rumoured price tag.

Personally, he wouldn't be on the top of my list of players to buy, think we should be looking at something better than he has to offer myself.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #518: Jan 06, 2012 03:18:09 pm
      Bit of cyber bullying goin on haha
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #519: Jan 06, 2012 03:20:34 pm
      I hope that Bent is a smokescreen for something else, be it to divert attention away from other issues in the club or for another player. I read last night on twitter that we are in for De Jong, with possibly Kuyt leaving. Admittedly I don't know much about De Jong.

To be honest I cannot see FSG spending so much money on a player of his age.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #520: Jan 06, 2012 03:23:27 pm
      Seems to be some quite mixed opinions of Bent, except fot the £30 million rumoured price tag.

Personally, he wouldn't be on the top of my list of players to buy, think we should be looking at something better than he has to offer myself.

I just can't make my mind up on Bent. He scores goals and we need a goal scorer.

But surely for £20m there has to be better value out there? The £30m figure seems surreal and it won't happen. I'd like Lucas Barrios personally but I don't honestly think there is much more to his game, or Soldado's from what I've seen, to genuinely put them above Bent when you consider his phenomenal goal scoring record.

kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #521: Jan 06, 2012 03:30:09 pm
      For £30m, I would like us to sign Cavani - must be available for a solid bid like that
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #522: Jan 06, 2012 03:54:55 pm
      I hope that Bent is a smokescreen for something else,

Wasn't he already a smokescreen when we signed Torres? It gets to a certain stage where we need to give the lad a break ha!  ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #523: Jan 06, 2012 04:47:10 pm
      F**k me so this came from the mirror
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #524: Jan 06, 2012 04:57:44 pm
      Wasn't he already a smokescreen when we signed Torres? It gets to a certain stage where we need to give the lad a break ha!  ;D

Either that or he gives up the fags
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #525: Jan 06, 2012 04:59:53 pm
      F**k me so this came from the mirror

Originally came out of the Mirror then picked up quickly on national twitter, that is why some on here are tell others not to join the circle jerk. Baseless rumor that started at a sh*te rag that has issues with our club now. Yet everybody get's their panties in an uproar and before you know it we are questioning Comolli, Kenny and FSg, after last winters window I would of thought people would have learned.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #526: Jan 06, 2012 05:23:05 pm
      For £30m, I would like us to sign Cavani - must be available for a solid bid like that

yeah hopefully this is the thing that annoys people when they think "30 mil f**k off", the fact that it could land some fantastic international talent, the only thing is the club know what kind of players they want for the football we're playing and that may involve players we didn't think could cut the mustard. if we have the money and want to spend it i am fine with that, and i am fine with having a stronger squad, but bent in particular? how quickly do we think he can fit into pass and move?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #527: Jan 06, 2012 05:23:34 pm
      Suarez, Bent, Carroll as a front three would be absolutely horrible, you're asking Carroll or Bent to supply Suarez I would much prefer a front 3 of Maxi Suarez Bellamy to that.

But as I said earlier in this thread I believe it's a media wind-up and they're sadly succeeding at the moment. Build the team around Suarez, one of the most talented players in world football and that's a recipe for success, it isn't rocket science.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #528: Jan 06, 2012 05:28:30 pm
      Bent and Carroll are two of the laziest forwards in the league, Bent can certainly bang 'em in, but neither of them are going to tear up defences to make an opportunity for the other. If Bent comes it will have to be an either/or in my opinion, not a pairing I can see working. Perhaps Suarez/Bent would be more fruitful than Carroll has been.

Quick Reply