Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Rafa Benitez gives additional financial donation to support Hillsborough familes

Read 8260 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Rafa Benitez gives additional financial donation to support Hillsborough familes
      Dec 29, 2011 07:50:10 pm
      Former Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez gives additional financial donation to support Hillsborough familes

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/12/30/former-liverpool-fc-boss-rafa-benitez-gives-additional-financial-donation-to-support-hillsborough-familes-100252-30031817/#ixzz1hxFNm9wu

FORMER Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez made a further substantial donation to the Hillsborough Family Support Group (HFSG).

The Reds legend, who previously pledged £96,000 to the group when he left Merseyside for the Inter Milan job in the summer of 2010, handed over £2,800 to the cause through his wife’s charity the Montse Benitez Foundation.

The cash will help the group continue its campaign to fight for justice and seek the truth into what happened at the Hillsborough disaster in 1989.

Rafa, who lives in West Kirby, Wirral, told the ECHO: “I regard Merseyside as my home because of the way my family have been accepted and treated by the people and I know that the group is such an important cause.

“I'm happy to be able to help.”

The cash was raised through ticket sales of a recent event at the Liverpool Empire Theatre where Rafa gave an interview to an audience of football fans.

HFSG chairwoman Margaret Aspinall accepted the cheque at the group's office at the Anfield Sports and Community Centre on Lower Breck Road.

She said: “What Rafa Benitez has donated through the Montse Benitez Foundation means a great deal to all of the families. It will help the group to get to the truth and justice that we deserve.

“The money will help us with running the group.
      Margaret Aspinall

"It helps us for pay for the running costs such as phone lines, letters, stamps and organising transport for official meetings.

“Without that support our group would have collapsed. Rafa is doing this for the 96. He is a true gent.”

Various other Merseyside charities - including Rowan Park School, Wirral Autistic Society, and the Lily Centre - also benefited from donations made through the Montse Benitez Foundation.

The foundation was set up earlier this year to help raise funds. and lift the profile of the charities through the organisation's name.

F***ing top man is our Rafa, he does things like this because he gets us, he gets and understands everything about Liverpool FC.

« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2011 07:55:43 pm by ayrton77 »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: Former Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez gives additional financial donation to sup
      Reply #1: Dec 29, 2011 07:51:27 pm
      The man is all class. Love you to bits Rafa.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: Former Liverpool FC boss Rafa Benitez gives additional financial donation to sup
      Reply #2: Dec 29, 2011 07:53:01 pm
      The Benitez family are top, top people. And that's a fact!

F***ing top man is our Rafa, he does things like this because he gets us, he gets and understands everything about Liverpool FC.

^ That's why I'd hate to see him managing any other Premier League side.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,234 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3: Dec 29, 2011 07:55:10 pm
      Pure class Rafa
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Rafa Benitez gives additional financial donation to support Hillsborough familes
      Reply #4: Dec 29, 2011 07:56:31 pm
      Good stuff.

(Edited the topic title to fit in a bit better, RLB).
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Rafa Benitez gives additional financial donation to support Hillsborough familes
      Reply #5: Dec 29, 2011 07:57:56 pm
      Dont think i could love the man more
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #6: Dec 29, 2011 08:00:22 pm

Same
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,208 posts | 8567 
      Reply #7: Dec 29, 2011 08:03:32 pm
      What a F***ing man.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #8: Dec 29, 2011 08:04:43 pm

Heart the size of our trophy cabinet that man. Brilliant.

IRWT.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Dec 29, 2011 08:20:52 pm
      Much love for that man.
      True class.
      YNWA Rafa.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #10: Dec 29, 2011 08:59:46 pm
      Living legend.

He'll be back one day I'm certain.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Dec 29, 2011 09:09:33 pm
      Well done RAFA and Montse for your fantastic work and wonderful donation to the H.F.S.G.How anyone could ever doubt your allegiance to Liverpool Football Club I will never know.You and Montse will always be regarded as TRUE REDS and rest assured you will never walk alone.
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #12: Dec 29, 2011 09:34:42 pm
      Well done RAFA and Montse for your fantastic work and wonderful donation to the H.F.S.G.How anyone could ever doubt your allegiance to Liverpool Football Club I will never know.You and Montse will always be regarded as TRUE REDS and rest assured you will never walk alone.
      couldnt have said it better mate Rafa is and will always be a red LEG END, cheers Rafa you will always be one of us !!!
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #13: Dec 29, 2011 09:58:46 pm
      Purely and simply a top class bloke. If only there were more like him in this world.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #14: Dec 29, 2011 10:19:37 pm

Sums me up. Love him to bits.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #15: Dec 29, 2011 10:31:15 pm
      Proper fella ar Rafa.

Much love to the Benitez'.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #16: Dec 29, 2011 11:07:26 pm
      Classy guy is Rafa and this just further proves his heart is with the club and us fans.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #17: Dec 29, 2011 11:31:47 pm
      Love ya Rafa!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,446 posts | 4584 
      Reply #18: Dec 30, 2011 11:38:11 am
      Just an amazing fella is our Rafa,well done to the benitez family.

Dont half put some former reds to shame.

YNWA.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #19: Dec 30, 2011 11:59:54 am
      When they made Rafa they threw the mould away, him and Montse should be given the freedom of the city and be regular visitors to Buckingham palace. I was never particularly impressed at the way he was treated by the club's hierarchy but his response never ceases to amaze me.
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Reply #20: Dec 30, 2011 12:21:15 pm
      A true Red in every way and a Great Family what they have done for for all of Merseyside is just fantastic and goes to show what a real affinity he has for the club and the fans.
      Redangel

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #21: Dec 30, 2011 04:29:54 pm
      What a class act they both are.
      Treated very shabbily by some at the club , when all he did was his best for the club and the fans.
      Really hope that one day he returns in some capacity.
      Love him to bits.
      A Very Happy New Year to all the Benitez family. YNWA.

gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #22: Dec 30, 2011 04:38:58 pm
      Nice one Rafa and Montse, YNWA.
      Jevon_YNWA
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #23: Dec 30, 2011 05:10:12 pm
      Rafa is a superb human being and LFC Legend. JFT96
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #24: Dec 30, 2011 05:51:46 pm
      He is one of only a handfull of foreigners who has come to this club and truly got it ,he epitomises everything that is good about our club,  and his love for it and for its people of the city is truly genuine , a great man who only ever wanted the best for us.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #25: Dec 30, 2011 06:24:48 pm
      He is one of only a handfull of foreigners who has come to this club and truly got it ,he epitomises everything that is good about our club,  and his love for it and for its people of the city is truly genuine , a great man who only ever wanted the best for us.

Exactly mate, shame some didn't realise that.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: Dec 30, 2011 06:31:07 pm
      And more to the point Andy,HE WANTED TO BE ONE OF US and nobody can deny he has certainly achieved that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #27: Dec 30, 2011 10:41:16 pm
      Id just give him a big hug if I ever saw him. Hes a gem
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Dec 31, 2011 12:45:17 am
      Outstanding Rafa. A true Gentleman.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #29: Dec 31, 2011 01:52:36 am
      Top man. Will forever be in my heart.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #30: Jan 02, 2012 01:20:03 am
      A true red and one of us.

YNWA Mr & Mrs Benitez
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #31: Jan 03, 2012 06:58:50 am
      fantastic gesture again, top man Rafa xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32: Jan 04, 2012 06:20:24 pm
      Another fantastic gesture from one of our adopted own,well in Rafa & Montse, truly fantastic people, God bless you both,  JFT96,  YNWA.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #33: Jan 05, 2012 12:43:37 am
      You can take the club away from the man, but you can't take the man away from the club.

Outstanding Rafa.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #34: Jan 05, 2012 06:24:26 pm
      Absolutely brilliant Rafa.

What a man.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #35: Jan 05, 2012 06:44:01 pm
      When they made Rafa they threw the mould away, him and Montse should be given the freedom of the city and be regular visitors to Buckingham palace. I was never particularly impressed at the way he was treated by the club's hierarchy but his response never ceases to amaze me.

We don't want them anywhere near the capital  (too many Manc fans in the vicinity !) WHEN he's earn't his knighthood she can come to the hallowed turf of Anfield in order to bestow it upon him !

Rafa and Monste are just simply the best, RED through and through and will one day return to rule his kingdom !
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #36: Jan 05, 2012 10:02:36 pm
      YNWA Benitez and Mrs. Benitez
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #37: Jan 06, 2012 04:55:23 pm
      Whatever my critique of Rafa ... I never did him down as a gentleman and an ambassador for the club.

Perhaps after a reasonable period of time Kenny might bring him back to Melwood in a PR Role for LFC. 
      No problem with that one little bit.

YNWA  Rafa.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #38: Jan 06, 2012 05:11:21 pm
      Whatever my critique of Rafa ... I never did him down as a gentleman and an ambassador for the club.

Perhaps after a reasonable period of time Kenny might bring him back to Melwood in a PR Role for LFC. 
      No problem with that one little bit.

Fully agree Skip although it would be a waste of the man's skills, experience and knowledge to hone him into a PR model, unless of course it was understood that it was an informal position in lieu of an elevated office.

Quick Reply