Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Mourinho has left Chelsea!!

Read 17594 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: Mourinho has left Chelsea!!
      Reply #115: Sep 20, 2007 11:25:07 pm
      Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - just seen a bit more of their protest/tribute on BBC news 24 - some w**ker in an old chelsea shirt with white cap giving it proper crocodile tears.

Said to my younger brother earlier that it would be handful of people and first thing they would be singing is that awful Jose Mourinho dirge.

I also see the pay-off from chelsea includes a couple of clauses including no talking to the press and no signing for another premier league club.
      jammydodger
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 641 posts |
      Reply #116: Sep 21, 2007 12:54:43 am
      Mourinho agrees Chelsea pay off - see http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7004780.stm

He is quoted here as saying, "I wish great success to the club, a club that will be forever connected to me for some historical moments".

Sums up the man. Utterly full of himself. You need confidence in the profession, sure, but this arrogance is why only Chavski fans will love him.

At least the likes of Shanks and Paisley are respected men outside their own clubs for their achievements. Can the same be said for Moaning Jo? I don't think so.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #117: Sep 21, 2007 01:44:54 am
      Totally agree.

I'll always remember the words 'I am a European champion' before the infamous special one comment. That told me all I needed to know about him. The attention was all about 'I'm a special one'. But for me the 'I am a European champion' comment was far more arrogant.

You don't become a European champion on your own.

There's only so much arrogance that can be tolerated until you become a laughing stock and it doesn't surprise anymore. There's been many times when I've thought to myself, I'd be ashamed if I was a Chelsea fan.

He doomed his future as being respected outside of Chelsea from the beginning. And it got worse from there. Which is why, the only ones who aren't laughing in the country today, is the arrogant Chelsea fans.

Not to take away Chelsea's record of being unbeaten at home and two league titles while he was at the helm. That's some achievement. But will he really be remembered for that? I doubt it.
      Lfc-jamie14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 112 posts | -2 
      • 'You'll never walk alone'
      Reply #118: Sep 21, 2007 05:49:58 pm
      Good bye jose dont hurry back.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #119: Sep 21, 2007 06:14:23 pm
      Just been listening to the the crap that Peter Kenyon etc are giving out to the media in the live press conference, they cant get a straight answer out of them.  Typical !! 
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #120: Sep 21, 2007 06:45:47 pm
      Lots of Chelski fans licking their wounds down here, wearing sunglasses and it ain't even sunny  8) :D

Now that a world class replacement in Avram Grunt  ??? has replaced Moanio everything will be rosey at the Bridge  ::) and they will take on Manure with renewed vigor... Oh to be a chav now...!  :D :D :D
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #121: Sep 21, 2007 07:13:43 pm
      Read this one!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=465260&cc=4716

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez kept his feud with Jose Mourinho going to the last today by declining to offer any compliments about the former Chelsea boss' time at Stamford Bridge.

The Liverpool boss and the Portugese coach had made little secret of their animosity over the last few years, heightened by run-ins over Champions League semi-finals and Benitez's frequent comments that it was Roman Abramovich's billions that bought back-to-back Premier League titles for the west Londoners.

Even though Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger of the 'big four' have offered their sympathies for his departure, all Benitez would say was: 'You know my relationship with him, it is better that I do not say anything.

'At the moment I am more worried about Birmingham boss Steve Bruce.'

Liverpool face the midlanders at Anfield tomorrow.

Even in recent weeks the friction between the pair has surfaced. Benitez was known to be disappointed when his former assistant Paco Ayestaran was 'too friendly' with Mourinho after the clubs drew 1-1 at Anfield earlier this season.

That incident is believed to have been one of the reasons for the tensions between Benitez and Ayestaran coming to a head, with the latter having now left the club.

Benitez said: 'It is not a good idea for a manager to talk about other clubs in this situation.

'I would prefer not to say anything. What is clear is that Chelsea still have a good team with a lot of very good players.'

He added: 'The best thing for Liverpool is to continue to focus on what we are doing and to continue to improve ourselves and play well. Not to think about what is happening anywhere else.

'That would be dangerous, I am more interested in Liverpool, not with any problems at other clubs.'

That's why I always said that boss Rafa Benitez is sooo cool, he's truly a Liverpudlian. I like the way he spoke out what he's thinking, not just pay a fake sympathie, that must be better for Mourinho thought!
      Basti
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #122: Sep 21, 2007 07:30:48 pm
      The premier league is for US!  8)

I think that the departure of Mourinho is a very good thing for Liverpool ;)
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #123: Sep 21, 2007 11:16:13 pm
      I love the way the BBC is reporting a mass exodus of players leaving the club now he has gone, and as everyone at  the club is up one another's arse once one leaves the others will follow.  It's a hard life >:D.  PMSL
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #124: Sep 22, 2007 08:24:15 am
      ;D when i woke up to this news it made my day!! Bye Bye Jose!! Bye Bye Chelski!!
      They've had there 3 years of fame now hahahaha!!
      lizzieroz
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 325 posts |
      Reply #125: Sep 22, 2007 10:19:37 am
      I couldn't believe the news when I first heard it, and there's a couple of Chavski fans where I work and they were decidely grumpy   ;D ;D

I'll kind of miss his strange anecdotes and pathetic excuses, which used to give me a laugh, but I can live without them!!

YNWA
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #126: Sep 22, 2007 11:18:30 am
      Well i still want Chelski to smash scum tomorrow
      THE MESSIAH
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 471 posts | 20 
      • "and on the seventh day.....there shall be Kenny"
      Reply #127: Sep 22, 2007 12:37:06 pm
      Apparently Drogbreath cried when told the news of Jose's impending departure.......aaahhhhh hhh......gets you right there doesnt it  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #128: Sep 22, 2007 12:37:56 pm
      Well I still want Chelski to smash scum tomorrow

Without Mourinho and all his faithful sulking like 5 year olds?  I doubt they will even get a draw in that game, I know it's not what we want but at least we can have a good old knees up at the fact that the Chelsea days are over
      « Last Edit: Sep 23, 2007 12:26:13 am by AJ »
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #129: Sep 22, 2007 12:42:34 pm
      we can have a good old knees up at the fact that the Chelsea days are over

Don't count your chickens mate, they still have Abramovich's billions. When he pulls out, then I'll say their days are numbered.
      Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #130: Sep 22, 2007 06:55:26 pm
      Don't count your chickens mate, they still have Abramovich's billions. When he pulls out, then I'll say their days are numbered.

I think so, don't think that Chelsea just have Mourinho in thier glory, I said that Chelsea has stars who can shine anytime, with Abramovich bank always by thier side, they can easyly bring to Stamford Bridge an excellent manager. After all, I hope Chelsea will have a draw with Manchester United tomorrow, Oh my! The draw against Birmingham just hurt me too much! I gotta do something to temporally forget It!
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #131: Sep 22, 2007 07:01:48 pm
      Eddie that's what I thought (although not the chickens bit.. :\) they still have the money at the end of the day. When he goes and his money goes with him they'll have nothing! NOTHING!!

I'm still shocked by the news. Saw a Chavski fan last night in the Union, know him through some course mates, and he asked how I was, I said I was good, I asked him and he goes "devastated" I was like "oh my god what's happened?!" thinking he'd broke up with his gf or something, and he looked at me.. I was like "oh.. Mourinho.." then we were talking about it for a while. I still can't believe he's gone now, it just seemed such a random time like! Game tomorrow will be interesting, after the Newcastle West Ham which I promised my mate I'd watch with him!!
      Cy
      Reply #132: Sep 22, 2007 08:36:48 pm
      I find it quite surprising to see this topic having 5 pages of answers. Coaches moving on or getting the sack is happening all the time and never I have seen posts concerning other names having so much intention...especially in the KOP board......but we have to make an exception because it is mourhino?..That is giving further overrating importance to a man who never gave us respect nonetheless credits or professionalism attitude. Until the end, this man will have people playing his game, even in here.....

I understand the news, yes mourhino going is news but not as big as people, the press and some in here seems to make it.

Suddenly lot's of us seems so interested in what will happen to chelsea, their squads, etc...hummm..I couldn't care less what will happen to them, what next, fergusson or david moise in the kop topic when they will leave?...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #133: Sep 22, 2007 09:06:50 pm
      I find it quite surprising to see this topic having 5 pages of answers. Coaches moving on or getting the sack is happening all the time and never I have seen posts concerning other names having so much intention...especially in the KOP board......but we have to make an exception because it is mourhino?..That is giving further overrating importance to a man who never gave us respect nonetheless credits or professionalism attitude. Until the end, this man will have people playing his game, even in here.....

I understand the news, yes mourhino going is news but not as big as people, the press and some in here seems to make it.

Suddenly lot's of us seems so interested in what will happen to chelsea, their squads, etc...hummm..I couldn't care less what will happen to them, what next, fergusson or david moise in the kop topic when they will leave?...

Good point Cy. At the time the thread was started though it was just after we had had problems with the forum and some posts were lost. So it seemed like good timing when this news broke and we had a good laugh about it...

It's old news now and nothing to do with Liverpool. Topic moved.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #134: Sep 23, 2007 12:36:33 am

Yea this was my initial thought but whoever he brings in will surely be a second rate manager because he obviously rated Mourinho higher that anyone else therefore the new guy is gonna have big boots to fill, also if the rumours about the mass walk outs are true it will at least dent their chances for this season.  Even if they do lose some players they will probably replace them with a panic raid on the January transfer window and have to start again.  Shame really NOT!
      shikhark
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts |
      Reply #135: Sep 23, 2007 09:16:46 pm
      this is quite an interesting article,although i have no idea how much of it is true.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2175101,00.html

Jose Mourinho's relationship with John Terry has broken down completely over the Chelsea and England captain's central role in his departure from Stamford Bridge last week.

The Champions League-winning coach was replaced on Thursday by Avram Grant, a former Israel national team coach with no experience of club management outside his own country. According to many Chelsea sources, Grant will defer on football matters to owner Roman Abramovich, who has already started to take a hands-on role with the first team.

Article continues
      Mourinho holds Terry responsible for charges levelled by Chelsea's board of directors that he had lost the support of his playing staff after Tuesday's Champions League draw with Rosenborg - a match that was followed by club owner Roman Abramovich lecturing a senior professional on his on-field tactics behind Mourinho's back.

Half an hour before the Group B fixture, claims a dressing-room source, Terry told one of Mourinho's assistant coaches that he had 'things on my mind'. Only the intervention of a team-mate put him in the right state of mind to take part in the pre-match warm-up, for which Terry arrived late.

Midway through the first half Rosenborg scored, after Miika Koppinen beat Terry at a set piece. When Mourinho then directly criticised the centre back's defending at half time, Terry refused to accept responsibility for the goal or even to respond to his manager.

Earlier on Tuesday, Terry had been informed that Mourinho had gone to the club's medical department to ask whether there was any physical reason for the player's sub-standard performances in matches this season. Mourinho hoped to find an explanation for a significant decline in Terry's play following an operation to remove a disc from the defender's spine in December.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon was made aware of the dispute and, according to the dressing-room source, presented the information to an emergency board meeting on Wednesday as evidence that the manager had lost the trust of key players. The club subsequently asked Mourinho for his resignation, which he refused to tender, but ultimately settled on dismissal by 'mutual consent'. Later on Wednesday, Mourinho sent Terry a text message sarcastically thanking him for talking to the club's hierarchy.

On Friday, several first-team regulars apparently took their captain to task during a 50-minute team meeting called by Terry in the aftermath of Mourinho's dismissal. Ashley Cole, Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda are believed to have accused him of not doing enough to keep Mourinho at the club.

Terry is England's best-paid footballer after agreeing a five-year, £131,000-a-week contract this summer. In initial negotiations he had requested a 'limitless parity' clause to ensure he was the club's biggest earner for the duration of a proposed nine-year term. According to a Chelsea insider Terry also wanted - and was refused - a contractual option for him to manage the club at the end of his playing career.

As far-fetched as that request might be, Abramovich's actions in the aftermath of the Rosenborg draw were equally bizarre. In front of the entire Chelsea team, but while Mourinho was occupied with press conference duties, the Russian billionaire decided to hand out an impromptu tactics lesson to Michael Essien.

Employing striker Andriy Shevchenko as translator, he instructed midfielder Essien, player of the year last season, to hit passes wide rather than through central areas where the Norwegians had compressed play. Abramovich is expected to take an increasingly hands-on role in the team following the appointment of Grant to replace Mourinho and, according to several sources, will effectively select the side. In a press conference on Friday, Grant insisted he would not tolerate interference but declined to respond when asked who was the most important individual at Chelsea. 'Look, the owner gives the financial support,' Grant said. 'I'm not going to make remarks.'

The 52-year-old is already the subject of significant discontent among a first-team squad predominantly still loyal to Mourinho. Grant, though, is confident he will bring not only more silverware to Chelsea but a more attractive brand of football and said on Friday that he had no problems with the playing staff. 'There's a very good relationship with the players,' he said. 'I like their attitude, how they want to win all the time, even if the last result wasn't like that, but the relationship is good.'

Grant's first match comes at Old Trafford this afternoon, but he did not work yesterday for religious reasons. He must also wait for his Israeli coaching qualifications to be cleared by Uefa before he can be formally approved as a top-flight manager. Chelsea insist the process will be trouble-free.

Though Grant claimed that he had no 'plan to be the manager' until the appointment came about, he had begun requesting clearance from Uefa a fortnight ago.

According to Kenyon, the 'first-team coach' will be involved in all key areas of transfers and team building. He said: 'We are not embarking on the arbitrary buying of players and telling the coach to play them. Avram will be absolutely involved, responsible for picking the team and responsible for the results.'

Kenyon denied that Terry - who declined to comment last night - played any part in Mourinho's departure: 'There is absolutely nothing in stories that the dressing room has been lost. In particular there is no truth in any rumours that a bust-up with one or several of our players led to him leaving the club.'

Chitose
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts | -18 
      Reply #136: Sep 23, 2007 09:43:52 pm
      Let suppose that's all true so we can get a good laugh at ChelseaFC, before, I thought Mourinho left Chelsea just because of a fight over power and money, but now, I think It's just a childish fight between club owner, captain and manager. And Terry, I can't believe someone like him, a child exactly, won the england captain band from Gerrard, he seem to need money (with Lampard, they suggested to increase thier money paid this summer), really and he always caused fight in the club. I hope boss Rafa Benitez will never have interest on that kind of Player, the day he come to Alfield will be the day of the beginning of hell.   
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #137: Oct 05, 2007 12:23:22 am
      Any word on Jose these days? Linked to any big jobs?  Rafa's assistant etc?

Quick Reply