Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Martin Skrtel
      (7.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      (1.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (1.4%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (58.2%)
      Jay Spearing
      (2.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (27.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0.7%)
      Someone else
      (0%)

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: In game and Post Match Joy

Read 37657 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Newcastle
      Reply #598: Dec 30, 2011 10:18:11 pm
      Cabaye should get retrospective ban for that tackle.

Your joking right, if the FA review that they will give Spearing a ban and Cabaye a F***ing medal.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #599: Dec 30, 2011 10:21:13 pm
      Andy was pulled in one of those crosses Diego , give him time stevie will make him great just like he did with Lucas.

Really hope so mate, won't hide my frustration though, every game I think 'that's the one' for Andy but am always left disappointed. Don't want to delude myself with what was a poor performance, other than a header in the bar he offered nothing, won't set my standards that low, he couldn't even control the ball ffs
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #600: Dec 30, 2011 10:22:20 pm
      Kenny publicly praising his players? Oh I never seen that...

Put it this way, you think his opinion is laughable or just mine?

Sick fed up of coming into a post match thread and see the same old criticism for the sake of it. To be honest he made a hash of his first chance you're right. But he was involved. Got involved in some link up play, something most people are keen to say he can't do... ever... under any circumstances.

Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #601: Dec 30, 2011 10:23:29 pm
      Andy was pulled in one of those crosses Diego , give him time stevie will make him great just like he did with Lucas.

To be fair, gerrard was holdong lucas back and lucas became amazing when Gerrard got injured.
      But thats a completely different subject.

Carroll was average to day. he wasnt poor but he wasnt excellent.

Its pretty obvious he just lacks confidence. When were on the attack he sometimes just lurkes on the edge of the area because he is scared he will miss.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #602: Dec 30, 2011 10:26:34 pm
      Put it this way, you think his opinion is laughable or just mine?

Sick fed up of coming into a post match thread and see the same old criticism for the sake of it. To be honest he made a hash of his first chance you're right. But he was involved. Got involved in some link up play, something most people are keen to say he can't do... ever... under any circumstances.

I just don't take his press conference into consideration, you know he won't say a bad word about his players, he's not Roy Hodgson. For example, last season Kenny said he was happy with his squad and then sold and bought dozens of players.

If you think it's the 'same old criticism' maybe it's not for the sake of it, maybe there's reason. And if you think Andy's performance tonight was worthy of the Liverpool number 9, your standards are very very low IMO.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #603: Dec 30, 2011 10:27:25 pm
      Maybe if Andy thought we were right behind him he might do better.FFS he has a RED shirt on his back and all people do is have a go at the kid.We need him to believe he is the best player in the world and slagging him off all the time dosaen't help. Bill Shankly made a career out of making players play beyond their capabilities and the Kop endorsed this week in week out it was quite a good time at the club. Support should be total.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 65 
      Reply #604: Dec 30, 2011 10:27:28 pm
      I take full credit for the victory because i touched the sacred this is anfield sign this week and obviousely this has had a major influence on our luck.
      Great performance and i really thought Andy Carroll was a red monster tonight and thats how he needs to play.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #605: Dec 30, 2011 10:28:56 pm
      Positive end to the year.
      What a difference 12 months makes.

I felt that if we had struggled again tonight then 4th was going to be a big ask even halfway through the season.

Three BIG BIG points tonight to go joint 4th.
      I'm happy..and what a great feeling to Stevie back.   Legend.

Stuffed it up Ashley's ar*e.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #606: Dec 30, 2011 10:29:15 pm
      If he dosent score soon you have to say the lad isnt settled here. We need him to come good regardless of Luis's appeal.

Had his chance tonite...( like other nites ))... Liverpool did their best to play the way Carrol wanted. How many chances does he need?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #607: Dec 30, 2011 10:30:21 pm
      Maybe if Andy thought we were right behind him he might do better.FFS he has a RED shirt on his back and all people do is have a go at the kid.We need him to believe he is the best player in the world and slagging him off all the time dosaen't help. Bill Shankly made a career out of making players play beyond their capabilities and the Kop endorsed this week in week out it was quite a good time at the club. Support should be total.

Bla bla bla... it's a discussion forum, if Andy can't score because I criticize him on the internet, then he should think again about his profession. :D

I saw Andy getting plenty of support from the fans in the last few games.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #608: Dec 30, 2011 10:30:49 pm
      Had his chance tonite...( like other nites ))... Liverpool did their best to play the way Carrol wanted. How many chances does he need?

As many as Kenny wants to give him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #609: Dec 30, 2011 10:31:09 pm
      I thought skrtel Gerrard Bellamy spearing were excellent. In relation to Carroll barring the header off the cross bar thought he was poor.  His touch and movement are extremely poor at this level
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #610: Dec 30, 2011 10:32:07 pm

I like Reina's reaction. He's like WELL DONE NOW GET UP
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,114 posts | 4878 
      Reply #611: Dec 30, 2011 10:32:36 pm
      Gerrard made such a difference when he came on and as Roddenberry mentioned Jordan seemed much more comfortable alongside the captain. 

Spearing had a very good game while Adam was very hit and miss. I thought Adam done a bit mote than Henderson first half but once Gerrard came in the whole midfield looked much better.

Out wide I thought Downing had a decent game although his final ball let him down but he did contribute more than in recent weeks and Johnson offered good support.

Bellamy was my MOTM as he was lively throughout and also with two goals showed he was up for this one and was a more than able replacement for Suarez.

Carroll I just don't know what to make of at the minute as he still seems off the pace but again was unlucky with the header off the bar. He really needs a goal to lift his confidence.

All in all a very good win and great to see Gerrard back and looking like he has never been away.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #612: Dec 30, 2011 10:33:36 pm
      Maybe it would be a good idea to leave the opinions of individual players in the players thread or at least to another day.

Are you forgetting that we got 3 points and are joint 4th in the league

Just saying, maybe we should bask in the glory a little while instead of arguing  :confused-smiley-013:
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #613: Dec 30, 2011 10:35:22 pm
      I just don't take his press conference into consideration, you know he won't say a bad word about his players, he's not Roy Hodgson. For example, last season Kenny said he was happy with his squad and then sold and bought dozens of players.

If you think it's the 'same old criticism' maybe it's not for the sake of it, maybe there's reason. And if you think Andy's performance tonight was worthy of the Liverpool number 9, your standards are very very low IMO.

No. Congratulations on putting words in my mouth.

Robbie Fowler was worthy of a Liverpool number nine. So was Torres in his prime. But I said he played 'well'... no brilliant. Or fantastic. Well. That is all. Got involved in link up played. Hit the woodwork. Well.

I saw you're other post, I too keep thinking 'this is his game' but to say it is 'laughable' to play well tonight is just over the top for the sake of it. Carroll is not scoring enough to be good enough at the moment. But that fact is we've won. And Carroll hit the woodwork, again. The fact is he showed promise. He isn't hiding.

He played well. But I'm not happy with that if that is all he has. But I'm not getting ready to fetch my pitch fork like Corbally, who is criticising for criticism's sake.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,663 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #614: Dec 30, 2011 10:35:32 pm
      As many as Kenny wants to give him.

Stevie G gave him enough chances.  ;) Kenny wasn't playing.  :D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #615: Dec 30, 2011 10:35:36 pm
      Maybe it would be a good idea to leave the opinions of individual players in the players thread or at least to another day.

Are you forgetting that we got 3 points and are joint 4th in the league

Just saying, maybe we should bask in the glory a little while  :confused-smiley-013:
      No let the naysayers and experts destroy the moment.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #616: Dec 30, 2011 10:35:39 pm
      To be fair, gerrard was holdong lucas back and lucas became amazing when Gerrard got injured.
      But thats a completely different subject.

Carroll was average to day. he wasnt poor but he wasnt excellent.

Its pretty obvious he just lacks confidence. When were on the attack he sometimes just lurkes on the edge of the area because he is scared he will miss.

When we were all slagging Lucas off it was Gerrard that said that lucas was going to be one of the best midfielders in the world ,it was Gerrard that gave Lucas the confidence and never held him back , Lucas has been immense for us for 2 seasons now how F***ing long do you think Gerrard has been injured for.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #617: Dec 30, 2011 10:38:21 pm
      No. Congratulations on putting words in my mouth.

Robbie Fowler was worthy of a Liverpool number nine. So was Torres in his prime. But I said he played 'well'... no brilliant. Or fantastic. Well. That is all. Got involved in link up played. Hit the woodwork. Well.

I saw you're other post, I too keep thinking 'this is his game' but to say it is 'laughable' to play well tonight is just over the top for the sake of it. Carroll is not scoring enough to be good enough at the moment. But that fact is we've won. And Carroll hit the woodwork, again. The fact is he showed promise. He isn't hiding.

He played well. But I'm not happy with that if that is all he has. But I'm not getting ready to fetch my pitch fork like Corbally, who is criticising for criticism's sake.

Well fair enough then, I personally wouldn't call it playing 'well', but I get your point. Overall I think we kinda agree about the player.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #618: Dec 30, 2011 10:38:41 pm
      Ugh, hate coming in to a match thread to see negatives being banded about after such an important win.

Carroll still isn't anywhere near the level required to replace Suarez absence. But to say he offered nothing is pushing it for me. His control still looks poor, but I generally feel thats the way he operates because of his physique. Similarly the way in which some claim his work rate is  sh*te because of the way he jogs around the pitch, but I can guarantee the yards he covers every match are up there with the best in our team. Personally surprised that he had the 3rd highest pass completion rate on the pitch, especially when you consider he was practically a lone striker. Chance wise, should have buried at least 2. The one laid on a plate to him by Gerrard screams lack of confidence, the header off the post personally think he should of done better with, others call it unlucky. He was OK tonight, not poor, not good, just OK.

Still not near the quality of a Liverpool number 9, but Gerrards presence will be a massive gauge of whether he can make it here.

Other notes:

- Steven Gerrard is still one of the best midfielders in the World, proving that class is permanent.
      - Spearing put in a shift and half, showed great vision and tenacity all night.
      - Downing looked alot more up for it, still lacking in confidence for me though.
      - Our defense is the most solid in the league (Barring that freak goal).
      - Bellamy oozed class all night and was my MoTM
      - That was a massive win

Would you believe it.. After all the doom and gloom of the past few weeks we're joint for the holy coveted 4th place  :roll:
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 65 
      Reply #619: Dec 30, 2011 10:39:51 pm
       :-\If we all encourage and support Andy Carroll just the same as we all supported and believed in Lucas then he will come good
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #620: Dec 30, 2011 10:42:33 pm
      We"ll not give up on him Keith, as much as you would like us to, we can see greatness there his timing is off somebit yeah, that can be sorted.

Quick Reply