Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Martin Skrtel
      (7.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      (1.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (1.4%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (58.2%)
      Jay Spearing
      (2.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (27.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0.7%)
      Someone else
      (0%)

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: In game and Post Match Joy

Read 37644 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool vs Newcastle
      Reply #621: Dec 30, 2011 10:43:22 pm
      To be fair, gerrard was holdong lucas back and lucas became amazing when Gerrard got injured.
      But thats a completely different subject.

That by far is the biggest crock of sh*t i have ever read only a half wit could make a statement like that.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #622: Dec 30, 2011 10:44:12 pm
      Maybe it would be a good idea to leave the opinions of individual players in the players thread or at least to another day.

Are you forgetting that we got 3 points and are joint 4th in the league

Just saying, maybe we should bask in the glory a little while instead of arguing  :confused-smiley-013:

What glory ? Tonight's performance was good, especially after Gerrard entered the game. Still, we are light years away from where we want to be. Am I delighted with tonight's win ? Of course I am. Still, there is a long way to go. When you see Gerrard lifting the Premier League trophy, then you can use the huge red fonts. Until then, everything is open for discussion.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #623: Dec 30, 2011 10:44:23 pm
      Spearing was very good tonight him and Gerrard will compliment each other well
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #624: Dec 30, 2011 10:44:42 pm
      I think we could see Carroll start to score on a regular basis.
      Big difference is his supply when Gerrard came on and although he didn't take
      the chances he'll know now to expect them and get in the right positions.
      Gerrard was handing him the bullets.
      Only a matter of time til they're fired on target.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #625: Dec 30, 2011 10:46:02 pm
      I couldn't see the rest of the match, but it sounds like a corker of a second half by the lads.

For those of you criticizing Andy Carroll, I think we need to consider something. At Newcastle, he fed off Barton's crosses in and Kevin Nolan's leadership right behind. With Gerrard coming back and seemingly not missing a beat, maybe he'll start to play better with Gerrard playing off the striker. I don't know, just a thought.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #626: Dec 30, 2011 10:48:25 pm
      That by far is the biggest crock of sh*t i have ever read only a half wit could make a statement like that.
      A crock of sh*t is right Andy.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #627: Dec 30, 2011 10:49:02 pm
      Well great way to end the year and hopefully we can now go undefeated next year to nick the leauge right under the noses of the top 4 clubs.

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #628: Dec 30, 2011 10:49:50 pm
      We"ll not give up on him Keith, as much as you would like us to, we can see greatness there his timing is off somebit yeah, that can be sorted.

From a Man United point of view i hope you don't give up  :D Its like playing against ten men against you when he's on the pitch  :lmao:
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #629: Dec 30, 2011 10:50:31 pm
      Stevie is what BigAndy needs ande game time , he won"t score if he"s not playing.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #630: Dec 30, 2011 10:50:57 pm
      looking forward to seeing it on lfc tv at midnight. 3-1 at home is a good result and to see Stevie come on and change the game is such a boost.Will he start Tuesday? Kenny seems keen to edge him back. Carrol for me hasnt had A) a run of games and B) the right service so maybe we should judge him at the end of the season there are still plenty of games left for him to shine and contribute to making this a great season.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #631: Dec 30, 2011 10:51:29 pm
      From a Man United point of view i hope you don't give up  :D Its like playing against ten men against you when he's on the pitch  :lmao:

Saving this one for when he rattles one in past your lot ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #632: Dec 30, 2011 10:51:41 pm

Our 10 men still too good for your 12 mancs though! (howard webb)

Now stop taking it off topic and discuss the 3 mo'fo points.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #633: Dec 30, 2011 10:52:50 pm
      Saving this one for when he rattles one in past your lot ;)

No problem Danny  ;D Ive been wrong before  :(
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #634: Dec 30, 2011 10:52:52 pm
      He"ll score against ye Keith and when he does i"ll remind you what you said.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #635: Dec 30, 2011 10:53:42 pm
      Our 10 men still too good for your 12 mancs though! (howard webb)

Now stop taking it off topic and discuss the 3 mo'fo points.

:lmao:
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #636: Dec 30, 2011 11:16:01 pm
      Well done Redmen.Great result and thank you all for ridding. me of my demons (first time I've ever won dosh on a correct score,£5 at 10/1 with betfred)
      Thought Bellamy was outstanding,along with THE best Spanish LB in the world imo.Stevie's cameo!What can yer say?Dynamic will do.
      Citeh!!Bring it on.
                                 IKKWT.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #637: Dec 30, 2011 11:37:09 pm
      Well done Redmen.Great result and thank you all for ridding. me of my demons (first time I've ever won dosh on a correct score,£5 at 10/1 with betfred)
      Thought Bellamy was outstanding,along with THE best Spanish LB in the world imo.Stevie's cameo!What can yer say?Dynamic will do.
      Citeh!!Bring it on.
                                 IKKWT.

Nice one mate, I had a fiver on Carroll to score first 3-1 finish at 33-1, should've had Agger first and 3-1 apparently I would've won a 51% shareholding in Everton. Touched lucky in the end eh? ;)
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #638: Dec 30, 2011 11:39:51 pm
      QPR to beat Arsenal 2morrow and Villa to beat chelsea to take the pressure off.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: In game and Post Match Joy
      Reply #639: Dec 30, 2011 11:49:14 pm
      Another good performance, this time rewarded with the correct number of points.

Everyone had a good game, apart from Downing and Adam.  Bellamy's set piece free kicks and corners are superb.  Skrtel and Enrique were brilliant at the back and Danny did some great forward runs.

Jay Spearing did really well and Henderson is continuing his improvement after the horror show of the Swansea first half.

We were playing well until Gerrard came on - he just added that bit more quality.  Within 10 minutes of being on he had put in 3 perfect crosses from the right wing, almost instructing Downing on what he should be doing.  Charlie Adam was very poor.  Looks like he has got lead in his boots.  No doubt that he will be the one making way for Gerrard and rightly so.

Thought Carroll was slightly unlucky with his header on to the bar - although I swear Bellamy's free kick may have touched a strand of his hair on the way through.... ;)

All in all a great 3 points, only one defeat in the last 17 games and a world away from our last game of 2010.

Really enjoyed our football this season (and all 2011 really) - shame we don't have those few more points that we deserved but we're becoming very difficult to beat and that is the base we all need for success.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #640: Dec 30, 2011 11:55:30 pm
      Thought Carroll was slightly unlucky with his header on to the bar - although I swear Bellamy's free kick may have touched a strand of his hair on the way through.... ;)
      I saw that too. It was the camera view behind the goal when I though 'Carroll's scored!' I think judging by his body language that he thought he'd nicked it too.

Try telling that to Bellers though
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #641: Dec 30, 2011 11:57:53 pm
      Another good performance, this time rewarded with the correct number of points.

Everyone had a good game, apart from Downing and Adam

Interesting perspective JD as I presume you were at the game tonight. On TV it looked like Downing had a good game apart from his final ball but he did give us a good outlet on the right.

Adam I would agree with although in the first half I thought he offered a bit more tha Jordan but that all changed when Gerrard came on.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      Reply #642: Dec 30, 2011 11:58:28 pm
      In fairness we played well but iv"e seen us play better and only come away with a 1pt ,tonight we took our chances and won.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #643: Dec 30, 2011 11:59:20 pm
      What a difference a Gerrard makes ay? Totally different team when he came on, gave everybody a lift and a kick up the arse.

Made up especially with Spearings performance - got to be him in the Lucas role for me.

I wish Bellamy was a couple of years younger too as he is proving to be a little revelation this time round.

Also very, very happy with Martin Skrtel. Do not underestimate the quality of defending and the importance of that goal line clearence from Ba because things might of turned out different if that had gone in. If not our best player this season he is our most improved without a shadow of doubt.

Yes we got a bit of luck on the foul for the free-kick that led to our 2nd but f**k me how wasn't Cabaye (I think it was correct me if I'm wrong) not shown a red for the foul on Spearing.

Bring on the other Mancs now,

IKWT.

Quick Reply