Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Martin Skrtel
      (7.8%)
      Daniel Agger
      (1.4%)
      Jose Enrique
      (1.4%)
      Craig Bellamy
      (58.2%)
      Jay Spearing
      (2.8%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (27.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      (0.7%)
      Someone else
      (0%)

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: In game and Post Match Joy

Read 37638 times
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle: In game and Post Match Joy
      Reply #690: Dec 31, 2011 04:07:01 pm
      Finally got a chance to watch the highlights just now, anyone want to tell me how cabaye got away with no card at all after that challenge on Spearing, with the ref right next to it, seeing it and then walking away? I like Cabaye as a player but that was a mistimed attempt to get the ball, and if it had been the other way around I'm sure Jay would have gotten in trouble.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #691: Dec 31, 2011 07:05:54 pm
      What glory ? Tonight's performance was good, especially after Gerrard entered the game. Still, we are light years away from where we want to be. Am I delighted with tonight's win ? Of course I am. Still, there is a long way to go. When you see Gerrard lifting the Premier League trophy, then you can use the huge red fonts. Until then, everything is open for discussion.

:-*
      Always aways
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #692: Dec 31, 2011 07:25:18 pm
        Awesome!Just watched the match again and Awesome is the best word to describe us.Once Stevie came on,the entire ground changed!The players fought harder,we sang more....Stevie makes everyone high!Everyones posting about how much AC will get better with Stevies help.....me?I've been saying wait'll our little Bellamy links with him!That's what is going to ignite!

On another note,Bellers walked away from Dempsey vs Fulham and got an elbow in the face hard enough to force the sub.Finally cooled down a little there?Keep quiet Welsh dynamite,we need you on the pitch with Stevie G!!
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #693: Dec 31, 2011 09:59:26 pm
      Any news on Coloccini’s elbow on Bellers - deserved a red and deserves a ban.

Other than that, it wasn't a great performance as we have played better and drawn.  Still, great to see Stevie back and driving us to victory - just need to cut the own goals out now ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #694: Jan 01, 2012 10:40:37 am
      Watched this live, just got back to the P.C. Laptop in for repairs so unable to post earlier. Voted Gerrard MOTM Just because of the massive change in tempo and belief, that was evident by his presence, plus his goal. Still think big andy is a beast of a player and will come good with a little more time. I did notice a cross from the right was iminent and he automatically went to the far post anticipating a high ball. It came in hard and low and was easily cleared at the near post. Just a split second decision to take the wrong option, had he attacked the near post it would have been a tap in. It will have been noticed and he will no doubt be told. This is the sort of thing that will improve his game. It will come. As for the rest, back four solid again and Skrtles clearance from Ba was imense. Spearing in the middle, if he hassles Silva on Monday with his stamina and tackling, Stevie will be free to wreak havoc. That lad has come on leaps and bounds and is one of the relatively new lads(although he came through the ranks)in the first team, who seems to have total belief in his own ability. Bellamy just takes the piss out of everybody on the pitch with his energy and desire really. Takes something special to counter that. Stevis is in my opinion the best midfielder in the country at the moment, a step up from most but an absolute country mile on Adam, who didn't do enough for me. Again no guile or finnesse. Probably wouldn't get into any of the top 6 teams other than us. Sorry, just don't rate him.
      Both Enrique and Johnson done well getting forward although Newcastle didn't offer much back so the had a reasonably easy game. Downing needs to step up a gear, we all know he is capable of a lot more as he has shown it previously. Maybe he needs dropping for a while to shake him up. Maxi produces more at the moment. Henderson seemed to come alive when Stevie came on. Perhaps he isn't confident enough playing along side Adam. Who knows. We have to consider Newecastle after a good start, have dropped 16 points from the last 21 so not the best test. Good for the confidence though before the citeh match, which I think we are well capable of winning, and think we will. Back in the chase for 4th now, mainly due to others results which was never expected, just need to press on now, perhaps our decent form is putting the others under a bit of pressure, we have played reasonably well for some time without the goals, perhaps they will start to flow now. Stevie got a good 30 mins in, perhaps 60 on monday.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #695: Jan 01, 2012 11:34:56 am
      Was at the game, totally deserved the win and was great to get 3 goals.

So many positives, Bellamys performance and goals, the defence again, Downing had a decent game and the skipper just lifted the whole ground when he came on. Just great to have him back and looked so sharp all things considered. Also think that Carroll will benefit more than ever with Stevie on the field, he'll deliver the perfect crosses that Andy likes to attack.

Why people think we need to buy someone to replace Lucas baffles me, Jay Spearing does that job consistantly when called upon.

Looking forward to watching the re-run on lfctv.

Bring on City!!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #696: Jan 01, 2012 08:07:50 pm
      Watched the replay last night. Apart from the stand out performances of Bellamy, Gerrard and the best center backs in the league, the thing that popped out the most was that was the best atmosphere at Anfield we've seen in a long time. I like Friday night games!

Quick Reply