Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Read 51741 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Theo Walcott (Arsenal)
      Jan 01, 2012 09:01:40 pm
      Quote from: Liverpool ‘alerted’ by Arsenal’s wing wizard contract war

Arsenal winger Theo Walcott’s astronomical contract demands could lead to him move to one of The Gunners’ Premier League rivals, according to The Daily Star.

The England international is requesting a new four-year deal worth £85,000 a week.

The likes of Liverpool and Chelsea are reportedly being alerted with Arsenal so far stalling over completing a deal.

Walcott joined Arsenal in 2006 for an initial fee of £5 million from Southampton.

His contribution to the four-four chasing Gunners has been limited this season, having netted just once in his last 19 appearances.

Goals will have to arrive more readily in the New Year, with Gervinho and Marouane Chamakh both leaving for the African Cup of Nations later this month.

The clubs being linked with Walcott are Liverpool and Chelsea, along with big spending Paris St Germain and Juventus, long-term reported admirers of the 22-year-old.

Despite their reported interest, a move from either Liverpool or Chelsea for Walcott is unlikely, not least because of their rivalry in the Premier League.

http://www.givemefootball.com/premier-league/liverpool-alerted-by-arsenals-wing-wizard-contract?

He is a good player. With the right training, he could be an awesome player. Got Cheetah's speed in short busts.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Re: Theo Walcott (Arsenal)
      Reply #1: Jan 01, 2012 09:13:09 pm
      He is a good player. With the right training, he could be an awesome player.

Personally, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. He has the game intelligence of a corner flag. For the type of money Arsenal would ask for him, and the type of wages he is asking for, we could get a proper right-sided attacking player.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2: Jan 01, 2012 09:34:11 pm
      Journalist on sunday supplement said he was talking to a well respected premiership manager and he was saying walcott is extremely one dimensional and can only play one way
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 01, 2012 09:35:18 pm
      That's plain to see for anyone though really. All pace.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,244 posts | 921 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #4: Jan 01, 2012 09:39:05 pm
      No no no no
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #5: Jan 01, 2012 09:42:33 pm
      Dunno why more defenders dont  show him inside he hasn't a clue what to do when this happens
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #6: Jan 01, 2012 09:42:52 pm
      Personally, I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. He has the game intelligence of a corner flag. For the type of money Arsenal would ask for him, and the type of wages he is asking for, we could get a proper right-sided attacking player.

Some corner flag!

Theo Walcott incredible Goal vs Chelsea 2012

18 months left on his contract, English, age 22. I'd have him here, was there not a rumor that he supports us?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #7: Jan 01, 2012 09:47:45 pm
      Lucas from Brazil will turn out twice the player at a similar price
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #8: Jan 01, 2012 10:27:06 pm
      Lucas from Brazil will turn out twice the player at a similar price

Seriously mate. How many times have you seen Lucas play to make this judgement?

On Walcott I'm not convinced and also agree that there are better options for the right but he has real pace and we don't have a great deal of that in our side.

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #9: Jan 01, 2012 10:31:47 pm
      Not particularly keen on him. Blows hot and cold, but not blow hot since early last season.

Raw talent but needs time to refine his overall game... We've already got Coates, Carroll, Henderson etc.

Maybe should be looking elsewhere, but I wouldn't turn my nose up for the right price.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #10: Jan 01, 2012 10:32:39 pm
      Three or four and i trust Diego opinion ive seen enough of walcott though
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Reply #11: Jan 01, 2012 11:46:06 pm
      'according to the Daily Star'.

Move along. Nothing to see here.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #13: Jan 02, 2012 12:03:49 am
      Thats all we need, another English international winger with no end product!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4584 
      Reply #14: Jan 02, 2012 12:18:34 am
      Its a same we missed out on him when Rafa was chasing his signature,i do remember him giving us the shits in the quater/semi final of the champions leauge too and we were at full strenght too i think.

Walcott Run vs Liverpool_(HD)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #15: Jan 02, 2012 12:26:49 am
      We probably should have taken a punt on Walcott years ago, like when he was 16, 17, 18. Sounds crazy, but even though he's still young at 22, I honestly don't see him developing any more than he has. I think he's learned all that he can from Wenger, but some things just can't be taught once you reach a certain age. At times he can show brilliance, but other times there are just fundamental flaws in his game. He is still young, so there's a possibility he'll grow as a player, but I don't really see it. More of a highlight player than an all-around quality footballer. Would be great business from Arsenal, though, to sell him because he won't go cheap.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16: Jan 02, 2012 12:28:22 am
      Journalist on sunday supplement said he was talking to a well respected premiership manager and he was saying walcott is extremely one dimensional and can only play one way

It was probably Harry Redknapp, who is clearly in bed with the xenophobes of the English press. Saggy faced tw*t.

I like Theo Walcott but he hasn't done much for a while now. Yes he is more of an impact player but on a good day with confidence, Walcott can be an utter nightmare showing he doesn't just have pace to trouble the opponents. It's a shame though that at Arsenal he hasn't developed into that striker he should be. Still out on the wing which is a shame.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #17: Jan 02, 2012 08:24:05 am
      Jack Robinson, who granted could be a real star one day, had him completely in his pocket the entire game which considering his inexperience and age is a bit of a damning statement against Theo. I think he has some obvious talents, but I agree he is far too one dimensional, much better options out there considering he's English and playing for Arsenal he'd cost a fortune to get off their books and I don't want to waste that kind of money unless they're very special and sorry Theo I don't think you're in the very special league.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #18: Jan 03, 2012 01:33:40 am
      Liverpool Football Club have asked Arsenal FC permission to speak to Theo Walcott after contract talks broke down between Walcott and AFC. Sources from LFC claim the club are determined to bring the player into the club as soon as possible.

AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #19: Jan 03, 2012 01:42:15 am
      Source?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #20: Jan 03, 2012 01:48:45 am

The only link I can find is an Arsenal Rumours website.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #21: Jan 03, 2012 01:54:50 am
      Liverpool Football Club have asked Arsenal FC permission to speak to Theo Walcott after contract talks broke down between Walcott and AFC. Sources from LFC claim the club are determined to bring the player into the club as soon as possible.

Meh.

Just hasn't progressed very much. Too hit or miss to rely on, unless Kenny & co. can change that.

If we sign him then he'll need a lot of support and work to get to the level required.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #22: Jan 03, 2012 01:58:27 am
      Big potential..... exceedingly small brain. Would add pace and impact but can't see him ever becoming a top striker.

Quick Reply