Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool won't appeal Suarez ban

Read 52467 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Re: Liverpool won't appeal Suarez ban
      Reply #598: Jan 24, 2012 08:29:56 am
      So...

Balotelli Stamps on an opponent and is getting a 4 game ban...

Lescott Elbows an opposition player in the face and gets nothing....

The FA like to look after the English don't they? Dare I say it...The FA are the racists?
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #599: Jan 24, 2012 09:35:45 am
      Id be embarrassed if i was scared to write a true balanced story because of the fact i didnt want to or was scared to upset one man (especially that man  :f_whistle: )

Embarassed is an understatement, true cowards in absolutely every sense of the word.  When you think of journalists/whistleblowers etc. who risk their lives to tell people the truth about sh*t that's real (football is a massive part of my life but I still realise that at the end of the day, it's still just a game - sure, it's one which I love dearly and obsess about constantly but a game, nevertheless) and then compare them to the people who are pandering to agendas for fear of retribution from a 7540 year old pisshead.  Do me a favour...

Dare I say it...The FA are the racists?

You should never be scared of telling the truth.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #600: Jan 24, 2012 02:14:58 pm
      So...

Balotelli Stamps on an opponent and is getting a 4 game ban...

Lescott Elbows an opposition player in the face and gets nothing....

The FA like to look after the English don't they? Dare I say it...The FA are the racists?

Queens Park Rangers are encouraging Anton Ferdinand to shake hands with Chelsea's John Terry before Saturday's FA Cup tie, BBC Sport understands.

The pair will meet for the first time since Terry was charged with racially abusing Ferdinand in October's derby.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has appealed for calm ahead of the game at QPR's Loftus Road ground.

QPR and Chelsea are expected to issue a joint statement later this week in a bid to lower tensions around the tie.

Fifa president Sepp Blatter appeared to suggest in November that racial discrimination could be settled with a handshake, although the 75-year-old later apologised for any offence his comments may have caused.

The Chelsea skipper was charged after his side's 1-0 league defeat at Loftus Road on 23 October.

The England captain, who denies the allegations, is due to attend a hearing at West London magistrates court on 1 February.

Saturday's fourth-round game will kick off at noon, partly on the advice of police.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16700503.stm

Fifa president Sepp Blatter appeared to suggest in November that racial discrimination could be settled with a handshake, although the 75-year-old later apologised for any offence his comments may have caused.

How the f**k can suggesting two people make conciliatory gesture be OFFENSIVE and why should anyone have to apologise for it FFS!

Probably because of the Racist English FA.

1 Who get it wrong.
      2 Have an agenda.
      3 Want to put one over F.I.F.A. as hard line dinosaur  supposed bully boys. Which they aint.

Wimps more like ... tugging on the Manc's shirt-tails
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #601: Jan 24, 2012 03:02:43 pm
      That's why England never won any major tournament in the last 45 years, going to be 1/2 a century becuse of those fa**ots in the FA. These deficiencies is there for the world to see, Terry makes a racist remark gets a handshake to settle things while Suarez gets an 8-match ban and it not even conclusive. Don't worry Karma is round the corner just wait and see.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #602: Jan 24, 2012 04:32:44 pm
      That's why England never won any major tournament in the last 45 years, going to be 1/2 a century becuse of those fa**ots in the FA. These deficiencies is there for the world to see, Terry makes a racist remark gets a handshake to settle things while Suarez gets an 8-match ban and it not even conclusive. Don't worry Karma is round the corner just wait and see.
      To be fair, thats only one of the many, many reasons... :roll:
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #603: Jan 24, 2012 04:53:03 pm
      To be fair, thats only one of the many, many reasons...
      :laugh:

As for Terry, he'll get banned eventually, don't worry. I also think that the FA are institutionally racist but if a court of law decided that Terry is guilty of racism, the FA wouldn't dare to give him any less than the 8 games Luis got or the protests would go a bit further than a few strongly worded emails.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #604: Jan 24, 2012 05:02:23 pm
      The FA wouldn't dare to give him any less than the 8 games Luis got or the protests would go a bit further than a few strongly worded emails.

I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with something like "John Terry has been dealt with by the Crown Prosecution Service & we feel that he has been duely punished for his actions"
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #605: Jan 24, 2012 08:07:38 pm
      I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with something like "John Terry has been dealt with by the Crown Prosecution Service & we feel that he has been duely punished for his actions"
      Your probably right mate!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #606: Jan 24, 2012 09:29:41 pm
      According to my calculations, Suarez has served 5 games of his suspension so far right?  So, he will sit out tomorrow against City, Saturday against the Mancs, and against Wolves in the league next Tuesday, but we will have our star man back for the league match against Spurs on Feb 6th. 

I am hoping that we get a rejuvenated Suarez back and he and Stevie can lead us on a march up the table in the 2nd half of the season!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #607: Jan 24, 2012 09:36:30 pm

I hope to F**k I'm wrong mate, but it does give them the perfect get out card if they wan't to use it.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #608: Jan 24, 2012 10:24:55 pm
      I hope to f**k I'm wrong mate, but it does give them the perfect get out card if they wan't to use it.

Wouldn't surprise me if so lad but could they honestly do that and be taken seriously? I mean to say ah well the police have dealt with it we feel no further action is needed?

Surely if the police charge him they must ban him or that's them saying that they are letting off someone charged of it with enough to find him guilty in a court of law ( not a shitty FA one)

If the police charge him they must ban him or the last shreds of trust and integrity will be gone.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #609: Jan 24, 2012 11:18:25 pm
      Wouldn't surprise me if so lad but could they honestly do that and be taken seriously?

I think they could depending on the severity of Terry's conviction.

Lets just be daft for a minute and say the courts sentence Terry to 100 hours community service & fined.

The Fa come out and say he was dealt with by the crown prosecution service and he has served his sentence.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #610: Jan 24, 2012 11:21:17 pm

Lets just be daft for a minute and say the courts sentence Terry to 100 hours community service & fined him.

The Fa come out and say he was dealt with by the crown prosecution service and he has served his sentence.
      Have faith, he will be banned for a minimum of 8 matches
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #611: Jan 24, 2012 11:27:50 pm
      Have faith, he will be banned for a minimum of 8 matches

I'm not sure he will mate.

I still think it was a bit of a coincidence that Terry was reported to the police, especially in light of Blattergate, I believe the English FA did not want to deal with their England captain & I think they will be sat their fingers crossed he gets convicted so that they don't have to.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #612: Jan 25, 2012 12:46:22 am
      I'm not sure he will mate.

I still think it was a bit of a coincidence that Terry was reported to the police, especially in light of Blattergate, I believe the English FA did not want to deal with their England captain & I think they will be sat their fingers crossed he gets convicted so that they don't have to.

Some sense in that. Agreed.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #613: Jan 25, 2012 01:04:57 am
      Maybe Blackpool should be Negropool, that would fix things! What about Negroburn!  :lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #614: Jan 25, 2012 11:30:08 am
      Maybe Blackpool should be Negropool, that would fix things!

What about Negroburn!  :lmao:

Oooops.    Ever opened up a Marlboro packet ?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #615: Jan 25, 2012 02:47:10 pm

Lets just be daft for a minute and say the courts sentence Terry to 100 hours community service & fined.

But shouldn't the two be dealt with separately?

If he is guilty and charged by the courts surely the FA need to act as well? Punish him within football as well?

It wouldn't at all surprise me if you are correct at all but it just wouldn't wash with me.. If the police find him guilty then for me that would mean an immediate football ban as well.

The whole thing would stink if he gets no football ban. IF found guilty..
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #616: Jan 25, 2012 02:57:35 pm
      Totally agree with RedBlood on this.

The fact that Mongo has been charged by the old bill gives the FA all they need to avoid any further punishment.

If guilty he will get a fine and the FA say he has been dealt with.
      If not guilty the FA say there is no case to answer.

Win Win either way for the FA.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #617: Jan 25, 2012 03:01:39 pm
      Totally agree with RedBlood on this.

The fact that Mongo has been charged by the old bill gives the FA all they need to avoid any further punishment.

If guilty he will get a fine and the FA say he has been dealt with.
      If not guilty the FA say there is no case to answer.

Win Win either way for the FA.

But with the whole "look how strong we are are on racism" goes right out of the window if the police charge and the FA ignore.

Like I say I wouldn't be surprised but I'd be annoyed and if the press let that go that would just top it off.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #618: Jan 25, 2012 03:24:32 pm
      Mate, he's guilty, you can quite clearly see that on the recording
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #619: Jan 25, 2012 04:06:23 pm
      Mate, he's guilty, you can quite clearly see that on the recording

Mate it did my head in everyone presumed Luis was. I think he is too but won't actually say so one way or another until he is proven guilty.

The whole coverage of the Luis affair was terrible and I don't want to be hypocritical by doing the same over Terry.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #620: Jan 25, 2012 04:13:11 pm
      But shouldn't the two be dealt with separately?

If he is guilty and charged by the courts surely the FA need to act as well? Punish him within football as well?

It wouldn't at all surprise me if you are correct at all but it just wouldn't wash with me.. If the police find him guilty then for me that would mean an immediate football ban as well.

The whole thing would stink if he gets no football ban. IF found guilty..

Found guilty by the means of 'probably did it' = 8 match ban and £40,000 fine.

Found guilty by the courts of the land = £5,000 fine and 100 hours community service.

What's wrong with that?

Try and remember that one is a foreign (LFC) player whom is disliked immensely outside the LFC community.

The other is not an LFC player and the Captain of England.

Quick Reply