Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Liverpool won't appeal Suarez ban

Read 52466 times
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Re: Liverpool won't appeal Suarez ban
      Reply #621: Jan 25, 2012 04:18:16 pm
      Mate it did my head in everyone presumed Luis was. I think he is too but won't actually say so one way or another until he is proven guilty.

The whole coverage of the Luis affair was terrible and I don't want to be hypocritical by doing the same over Terry.
      The difference is that Suarez was not caught shouting "f****** black c***" on camera. How can you be hypocritical in making a judgement mate, when the Suarez case had no evidence whatsoever, whereas the Terry case has obvious proof.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #622: Jan 25, 2012 05:09:47 pm
      I haven't read the report in awhile, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Suarez's ban 4 games for a skin color reference, 4 games for repeated use ("10," "5," "7" - who knows! It wasn't proven)? If that's the case, the FA squirmed their way into a less severe ban for Terry as he'd only get a 4 match ban.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #623: Jan 25, 2012 05:11:21 pm
      Considering the fact that video evidence exists its hard to see how the courts don't find John Terry guilty (unless they go for the Ronnie Barker 'looking slack runt' line of defence) That gives the FA the 'matter has been dealt with' line to avoid having to ban him. Now whether they could then have a person convicted of racial abuse as the national captain is another matter.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #624: Jan 25, 2012 11:29:53 pm
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16707954.stm

Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan insists that Patrice Evra will not be spared playing against Liverpool in Saturday's FA Cup clash.

"If he is fit, he is considered to play like any other player," said Phelan.

It is the first time the two rivals have met since Evra levelled racism allegations at Luis Suarez, who ended up being handed an eight-match ban.

Suarez will still be suspended this weekend, a fact that is only likely to heighten the tension at Anfield.

But, especially bearing in mind their injury problem, United will not countenance the idea of leaving out Evra for Saturday lunchtime's Cup fourth round tie.

"It wouldn't be a consideration," said Phelan. "Patrice Evra is a football player who plays for Manchester United.

"If he is fit, he is considered to play like any other player.

"What has happened has happened. What has been said has been said.

"You are talking about a football match now and I think it will be a very good FA Cup tie."

Earlier this season, Sir Alex Ferguson left Wayne Rooney out of his starting line-up to face Liverpool due to the adverse reaction the striker receives in his home city and, last season, the United boss did not even take the England frontman to former club Everton.

Already without Rio Ferdinand, Anderson, Tom Cleverley, Ashley Young, Michael Owen and long-term absentees Darren Fletcher and Nemanja Vidic going into Sunday's 2-1 win at Arsenal, United lost Phil Jones with torn ankle ligaments, Nani left the stadium wearing a protective boot and Rooney, Evra and Michael Carrick also suffered knocks.

Rooney limped out of the stadium, Carrick tweaked a hamstring and Evra suffered a blow to the head, while Nani reportedly spent the train journey back to Manchester with his injured limb raised and his foot still protected.

But, although admitting that United are stretched by injuries as they bid to overhaul Manchester City in the title race, three points behind the Premier League leaders, Phelan remains defiant.

"We're not in the greatest state that we could possibly be in," said the United number two.

"However, we can call on all our experience and resources we have at this football club and we'll have to do that in the coming weeks."

Despite now facing a fixture list swelled by FA Cup and Europa League matches, the United assistant manager is optimistic that the versatile Jones can return to the side sooner rather than later, because of his sheer determination.

"He's that type of lad," Phelan told BBC Radio Manchester. "His character's very good in and around the place.

"He's disappointed that, over the last few weeks, he seems to have limped around the football field quite a bit, but he manages to recover, so we're optimistic he can do the same again."

Ah .   Mr Phelan.

The bullsh*t merchant whose testiomony was described as unreliable and inconsistent (if not fabricated) by the FA in the Chelsea incident.

Mr Phelan who WITH EVRA was described as above.

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #625: Jan 26, 2012 04:00:54 pm
      The difference is that Suarez was not caught shouting "f****** black c***" on camera. How can you be hypocritical in making a judgement mate, when the Suarez case had no evidence whatsoever, whereas the Terry case has obvious proof.

Don't get me wrong mate, I know how it looks and I hope he gets done. To be honest I don't give a sh*t about John Terry.

But I hated how Luis was treated and personally I'd find it hypocritical to call him so until the verdict is out. Even if it looks so.

By the way I'm not defending Terry at all, don't give a sh*t and yes it looks like he is guilty. I just mean that I'd find like me arguing the toss and defending Luis would look hypocritical if I just now said to those same people, he is guilty the racist pr**k. I'll wait until the police and FA reports are out is all I mean.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #626: Jan 26, 2012 05:34:10 pm
      I just mean that I'd find like me arguing the toss and defending Luis would look hypocritical if I just now said to those same people, he is guilty the racist pr**k. I'll wait until the police and FA reports are out is all I mean.

Fair point.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,703 posts | 894 
      Reply #627: Jan 26, 2012 05:43:42 pm
      when is suarez is coming back? against wolves or spurs?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #628: Jan 26, 2012 05:52:50 pm
      He is back forSpurs.
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #629: Jan 27, 2012 09:14:50 am
      Thanks Eurored I hope a few more people read this article, makes huge sense to me, am I being biased????, can't wait until he is back, rested, Cup final to look forward to, he'll be on fire
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #630: Jan 27, 2012 02:22:49 pm
      Bluenose tw*t and ex Rangers, Citeh and Bitters defender Michael Ball gets fined £6,000 by the FA for posting homophobic abuse on twitter. Seems fair enough  :f_tongueincheek:
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #631: Jan 27, 2012 03:18:03 pm
      Oooops.    Ever opened up a Marlboro packet ?

Your jokes are sh*t pal...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #632: Jan 28, 2012 09:25:14 am
      I think they could depending on the severity of Terry's conviction.

Lets just be daft for a minute and say the courts sentence Terry to 100 hours community service & fined.

The Fa come out and say he was dealt with by the crown prosecution service and he has served his sentence.

In reallity Daz the court sentence has no bearing on any decision the FA make.
      If Luis were to find himself charged with racism despite the fact that he would never receive an indictment on heresay evidence, the matter would be laughed out of court.
      Terry on the other hand is seen on camera mouthing some grossly offensive racist terms and for that reason he is to face a court.
      There must be a reference point here and Terry's punishment must illustrate the FA's consistency with their racist agenda, a fudge is not acceptable to the majority.

A little more pantomime:
      The Dail Mail reports that Liverpool's Luis Suarez is taking extra English lessons to  avoid a repeat of his ban for racially abusing Evra
      No doubt he will be given an English dictionary to refer to and under words beginning with N he will come across a clear, qualified definition of the word 'negro', to my knowledge it has never in a literary sense had any offensive references much less the cultural
      connotation 'negroid'.
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2012 09:44:42 am by stuey »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #633: Jan 28, 2012 05:21:40 pm
      All this sh*t about possible(??) racist hearsay pales into insignificance when the actions of "supporters" desecrating a memorial to the 96 souls who perished at Hillsborough are considered.
      We all know this is not the first time it has happened but hopefully the first time an arrest has been made
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #634: Jan 28, 2012 10:50:56 pm

Whats/ wheres  the joke in that    ?    "Chico" Time  ?

Don't you know about the inside of a Marlboro packet or do you need educating ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #635: Jan 29, 2012 12:46:30 pm

Was puzzled myself about that comment Skip.
      Coincidentally tho I've smoked Marlboro for years and  all I know about the inside of a pack is that it contains ciggies.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,352 posts | 1631 
      Reply #636: Jan 29, 2012 06:51:28 pm
      One game left for the fella he will be chomping at the bit come the spuds , into a final ,into the last 16 of another , league form similar to when he got fcked over , all in all the rest could have done the wee fella a bit of good , come back now with all guns blazing , if the intention was to see us fcked with his ban ,well it hasn,t quite worked out that way , happy days afoot me thinks.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #637: Jan 29, 2012 06:59:55 pm
      With both cup competitions to aim for, I am sure a refreshed Suarez will be raring to go, this could lift the side both in the Premier League and cup competitions for a great climax to the season.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #638: Jan 30, 2012 12:30:29 am

F**k Malboro...

Here's another one of your self explanatory jokes in the Paulo Negro player thread..

Quote from: eurored on January 05, 2012, 08:41:48 PM

Good Player.

He digs in with his spade.

With him its either black or white.

(Oooooops  Here Come The Mods)

I'm just saying i dont get your jokes.. Nowt major
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #639: Jan 30, 2012 12:51:21 am
      Coincidentally tho I've smoked Marlboro for years and  all I know about the inside of a pack is that it contains ciggies.
      Don't know about anything on the inside of the pack Stuey but, allegedly it is suggested that the red bit around the top of the pack reads as 3 K's (one on both sides and one on the front)

Just googled it yes , I'm bored. Found this.

http://www.snopes.com/business/alliance/marlboro.asp

Anyway, back on topic.

I think the ban has done the team some good in a strange sort of way. I has made the team look at other options and play in a slightly different style, which is a good thing. Gives us more options to our play.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #640: Jan 30, 2012 12:56:19 am

OK Stu.

There was always maintained that Phillip Morris Incorporated supported the Klu Klux Klan.

If you look at the outside you will see the three Ks (Red and White).

Although they have now been removed from inside the packets when you used to rip them open you used to find a red, a gold and a black circle.

It was then said the the black represented afro- caribeans, the gold ... jewish and the red of  communism.

(Phillip Morris said they were printers marks but that would have been CMYK i.e. the four inks used in some color printing: cyan, magenta, yellow, and key (black).

There is the white peak of the triangle on the front of the pack. It is cut by the opening of the packet.
      Compare it to the small separate pyramid floating on the top of the Illuminati all seeing eye pyramid ...Annuit Coeptis..

Now. 
      Look at the white silhouette under each horses legs on the coat of arms. 
      Appears to be two hooded KK Klansman.

Now:   Split the word up.
      Orobl =  Horrible.
      Then rotate the Mar 180%
      Anti semitic reference.

Turn the packet upside down.
      Place white paper over the front of the packet covering the name.
      Slide the paper till the tops of the LLs show as a man standing.
      On the right there will then show  two shorter legs of a man hanging

This was all happening from the early sixties onwards.

and if the KKK Baddies dont catch ya   the ciggies will. F***ed either way! ;D

There you are.
      Posted In response and for Information only.

( So wheres the joke Chico ?)
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #641: Jan 30, 2012 01:21:36 am
      While in this thread and discussing the PC attitudes prevailing especially at the FA against Luis Suarez what is hilariously funny though is that the government eight years later have missed some logic and are thinking or repealing the anti smacking law.

Current legislation, enforced under the Children Act 2004, says parents are allowed to smack their offspring without causing the "reddening of the skin".

Previously they could use "reasonable chastisement", with a judge deciding whether they had overstepped the mark. However, since the 2004 amendments the decision has been left to social workers.

Lammy said a lot of parents in his constituency had been left confused by the changes and were reluctant to physically discipline their children in case they were contacted by social workers.

He added:
      "The law used to allow 'reasonable chastisement', but current legislation stops actions that lead to a reddening of the skin

– which for a lot of my non-white residents isn't really an issue."
       ;D

The politician said parents in Tottenham had to raise their children "with knives, gangs and the dangers of violent crime just outside the window", but "no longer feel sovereign in their own homes" because of the laws.

Lammy has set out his support for changing the smacking laws in his book, Out of the Ashes: After the Riots.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jan/29/labour-mp-blames-smacking-law-riots

Conclusion:
      The law only applies to a certain part of the population    skin reddeners     which is racist.
      Ol 'arry has got more than just bungs to contend with down Tottingham way by the sound of it.

Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #642: Jan 30, 2012 01:44:16 am
      cant believe we're getting this player back. teams competing for the highest honors need four quality strikers eh? is that what ol' 'arry was mumbling on about? kuyt, bellamy, carroll and suarez is a pretty nice combination i must say. :)
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #643: Jan 30, 2012 07:48:20 am
      OK Stu.

There was always maintained that Phillip Morris Incorporated supported the Klu Klux Klan.

If you look at the outside you will see the three Ks (Red and White).

Although they have now been removed from inside the packets when you used to rip them open you used to find a red, a gold and a black circle.

It was then said the the black represented afro- caribeans, the gold ... jewish and the red of  communism.

(Phillip Morris said they were printers marks but that would have been CMYK i.e. the four inks used in some color printing: cyan, magenta, yellow, and key (black).

There is the white peak of the triangle on the front of the pack. It is cut by the opening of the packet.
      Compare it to the small separate pyramid floating on the top of the Illuminati all seeing eye pyramid ...Annuit Coeptis..

Now. 
      Look at the white silhouette under each horses legs on the coat of arms. 
      Appears to be two hooded KK Klansman.

Now:   Split the word up.
      Orobl =  Horrible.
      Then rotate the Mar 180%
      Anti semitic reference.

Turn the packet upside down.
      Place white paper over the front of the packet covering the name.
      Slide the paper till the tops of the LLs show as a man standing.
      On the right there will then show  two shorter legs of a man hanging

This was all happening from the early sixties onwards.

and if the KKK Baddies dont catch ya   the ciggies will. F***ed either way! ;D

There you are.
      Posted In response and for Information only.

( So wheres the joke Chico ?)

You ever folded a Walkers Packed in a certian way - you can make the chrisps on the front look like a duck... Its pretty awesome...

Quick Reply