Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Enjoyable night out

Read 1024 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Enjoyable night out
      Jan 07, 2012 07:02:39 pm
      A couple of weeks ago three of my mates and myself headed to Liverpool from Rhyl,  by train  for a night out which proved highly enjoyable, with an overnight stay in the Premier Inn by the Albert Dock, where we were made to feel very welcome.

after having something to eat in a Wetherspoons bar, we visited a few pubs and bars including Mathew street. I must admit I lost count of the number of places we visited, my mate told me it was seven! All in all I think Liverpool is a great place to visit for a night out, with taxis easily accessible and would recommend it to any of my friends.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Enjoyable night out
      Reply #1: Jan 08, 2012 07:41:16 am
      A couple of weeks ago three of my mates and myself headed to Liverpool from Rhyl,  by train  for a night out which proved highly enjoyable, with an overnight stay in the Premier Inn by the Albert Dock, where we were made to feel very welcome.

after having something to eat in a Wetherspoons bar, we visited a few pubs and bars including Mathew street. I must admit I lost count of the number of places we visited, my mate told me it was seven! All in all I think Liverpool is a great place to visit for a night out, with taxis easily accessible and would recommend it to any of my friends.
      Areyou telling us that you gave the Robin Hood Caravan Park up to visit the great city of Liverpool.! I assume the Robin Hood is still there,we had a caravan there in the 1960s and 70s.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2012 08:08:21 am
      You'll have to come up again and take in the sites and sounds of the rest of town,city centre Liverpool is a hive of actiity with many pubs and clubs steeped in history and as a scouser like many others we always make people from all over the world feel wellcome and show them what a good night out should be .
      People who have visited our city have always said that they have all had a great stay and would love to return and many do just because we are Liverpool we are the people of Nations we are Scouse!!....So come one and come all your'e all Wellcome!!       
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3952 
      Reply #3: Jan 08, 2012 09:44:52 am
      How did I know I'd find EB posting on a good night out  ;D.
      Having been in town and met people visiting the city, moreso in various alehouses they always enthuse about the vibrant culture and the hospitality shown to them by the natives.

Contrast that to the the media claims of bigotry and racism apparently rampant in Liverpool, something in this claim and the above statement about the social infrastructure do not dovetail.
      I know which one I believe.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 5,293 posts | 763 
      Reply #4: Jan 08, 2012 06:26:53 pm
      The Robin Hood camp site is still going well, about 2 miles from where I live in Rhyl, Billy, We are already thinking of coming to Liverpool in the summer and maybe do a few bars along the Albert Dock, but are always open to suggestion, must admit I enjoy the Kare oke bars where a couple of my mates don't .
            Like I say always open to ideas and would like to hear from any of you, cheers for now Dave.

Quick Reply