Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Demba Ba (Newcastle United)

Read 10358 times
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Demba Ba (Newcastle United)
      Jan 08, 2012 10:08:16 am
      According to ssn the star onnsunday is reporting we are leading the race to sign ba who has a ten million release clause.
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2012 01:37:29 am by Reslivo »
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Demba Ba
      Reply #1: Jan 08, 2012 10:26:40 am
      Think I saw an LFC journo state the £10 million release clause was only applicable to clubs in the Champions league

Shouldn't we be offering something like £35 million anyway?  :f_tongueincheek:
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2012 10:30:54 am
      Think I saw an LFC journo state the £10 million release clause was only applicable to clubs in the Champions league

Shouldn't we be offering something like £35 million anyway?
      :) ye thatd be more like us. Ye heard that aswel nobody really knows though
       Its all only rumours .
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: Jan 08, 2012 10:52:26 am
      Arsenal players go to Man City.

Newcastle players come to us!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #4: Jan 08, 2012 11:40:10 am
      Can't see anyone signing him now when he's off on international duty.

Maybe in the summer.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Jan 08, 2012 01:34:49 pm
      Straight swop for Andy Carroll,give them one of their own back,after all he was idolised up there, it would be like us having 'God' back in his prime, perfect scenario,for both clubs.  8)  ;)  ;D
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #6: Jan 08, 2012 02:30:54 pm
      yes please. the lad look magnificent everytime I see him....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #7: Jan 09, 2012 08:14:28 am
      Liverpool FC target Demba Ba could cost just £5m claims Harry Redknapp
      Newcastle striker Demba Ba, who is believed to be a target for Arsenal, Liverpool and others, is available for less than his reported £10million release clause, according to Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp.

Premier League clubs were put on alert late last week after it emerged that Ba has a release clause in his contract on Tyneside.

The 26-year-old was believed to be available for £10million, with a report on Sunday suggesting Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United were also showing interest, along with Tottenham (see below).

Newcastle officials are desperately trying to keep Ba at the club after news of his buy-out clause was made public, by offering him improved terms on his three-year deal.

But when asked about the Senegal international's £10m release clause, Redknapp said: "I think you will find it is a lot less than that."

And when asked if was as little as £7m, Redknapp was quoted by the Daily Mirror as adding: "Even less than that."

A whole host of clubs are now expected to launch bids for the former West Ham forward before the end of the month.

As you all know of course, Harry Redknapp doesn't like talking about other clubs players.   :roll:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Jan 09, 2012 08:17:01 am
       I was just going to post that JD,it appears Redknapp is saying the release clause is only 5 million quid.I imagine he would want a big signing on fee and big wages.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #9: Jan 09, 2012 08:19:32 am
      Liverpool FC target Demba Ba could cost just £5m claims Harry Redknapp
      Newcastle striker Demba Ba, who is believed to be a target for Arsenal, Liverpool and others, is available for less than his reported £10million release clause, according to Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp.

Premier League clubs were put on alert late last week after it emerged that Ba has a release clause in his contract on Tyneside.

The 26-year-old was believed to be available for £10million, with a report on Sunday suggesting Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United were also showing interest, along with Tottenham (see below).

Newcastle officials are desperately trying to keep Ba at the club after news of his buy-out clause was made public, by offering him improved terms on his three-year deal.

But when asked about the Senegal international's £10m release clause, Redknapp said: "I think you will find it is a lot less than that."

And when asked if was as little as £7m, Redknapp was quoted by the Daily Mirror as adding: "Even less than that."

A whole host of clubs are now expected to launch bids for the former West Ham forward before the end of the month.

As you all know of course, Harry Redknapp doesn't like talking about other clubs players.   :roll:

But JD - He's a T'riffic Player and would be an asset to the dressing room and the squad.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Jan 09, 2012 08:40:43 am
      Would love to know how Harry thinks he knows about an apparent £5m release clause in Ba's contract. We should put an offer in and see what comes of it he would be a good addition for the latter games of the season at a small fee (if this release clause rumour is true). 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Jan 09, 2012 11:40:14 am
      We should go in for and take their pants down at the lowest price possible, with him and Enrique robbed from Newcastle will make feel a lot better about getting our pants took down over Carroll.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #12: Jan 09, 2012 11:45:38 am
      £5 million for Champions league sides £10 million for the rest thats what ive heard but dont have it in  Black and white . Could be a great asset .
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #13: Jan 09, 2012 11:46:14 am
      Realistically, how would Refknapp know and no one else know ??? Would it just be his connections?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14: Jan 09, 2012 11:48:26 am
      F**k off Del Boy you dodgy tw*t, what has Newcastles business got to do with him?

He is one sly c**t that fella, he's won F**k all in his time as manager bar an FA Cup, spent sh*t loads of money are Spuds, has them in the top 4 and now qualifies as the leading England candidate.

F**k that off. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #15: Jan 09, 2012 11:48:40 am
      Realistically, how would Refknapp know and no one else know ??? Would it just be his connections?

I would presume that if Redknapp know's then most other managers will know as well and after him opening his mouth and doing what he apparently never does everybody now knows.

If he is telling the truthand not just talking sh*te again.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #16: Jan 09, 2012 11:51:25 am
      F**k off Del Boy you dodgy tw*t, what has Newcastles business got to do with him?

He is one sly c**t that fella, he's won f**k all in his time as manager bar an FA Cup, spent sh*t loads of money are Spuds, has them in the top 4 and now qualifies as the leading England candidate.

F**k that off. 

I shall assume that you are not a fan of him then
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 09, 2012 12:29:23 pm
      Get him in.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #18: Jan 09, 2012 12:31:11 pm

Is anyone?

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19: Jan 09, 2012 12:52:16 pm

Actually other than he's alright!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #20: Jan 09, 2012 12:58:43 pm
      £5 million for Champions league sides £10 million for the rest thats what ive heard but dont have it in  Black and white . Could be a great asset .
      No pun intended?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #21: Jan 09, 2012 01:32:38 pm
      Worth a gamble in my opinion. It would be a gamble as he has had transfers halted because of failed fitness tests at a couple of clubs before joining Newcastle. (according to Wiki anyway)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22: Jan 09, 2012 01:35:56 pm
      He has dodgy knees. I think the issue is not that he is prone to injury, but that if his knee does get injured, it takes longer to recover than for most players.

For £5M though it would be a gamble worth taking.

Quick Reply