Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Demba Ba (Newcastle United)

Read 10295 times
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Demba Ba (Newcastle United)
      Jan 08, 2012 10:08:16 am
      According to ssn the star onnsunday is reporting we are leading the race to sign ba who has a ten million release clause.
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2012 01:37:29 am by Reslivo »
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Re: Demba Ba
      Reply #1: Jan 08, 2012 10:26:40 am
      Think I saw an LFC journo state the £10 million release clause was only applicable to clubs in the Champions league

Shouldn't we be offering something like £35 million anyway?  :f_tongueincheek:
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen
      • Started Topic

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #2: Jan 08, 2012 10:30:54 am
      Think I saw an LFC journo state the £10 million release clause was only applicable to clubs in the Champions league

Shouldn't we be offering something like £35 million anyway?
      :) ye thatd be more like us. Ye heard that aswel nobody really knows though
       Its all only rumours .
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #3: Jan 08, 2012 10:52:26 am
      Arsenal players go to Man City.

Newcastle players come to us!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #4: Jan 08, 2012 11:40:10 am
      Can't see anyone signing him now when he's off on international duty.

Maybe in the summer.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,824 posts | 4921 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Jan 08, 2012 01:34:49 pm
      Straight swop for Andy Carroll,give them one of their own back,after all he was idolised up there, it would be like us having 'God' back in his prime, perfect scenario,for both clubs.  8)  ;)  ;D
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #6: Jan 08, 2012 02:30:54 pm
      yes please. the lad look magnificent everytime I see him....
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,530 posts | 6887 
      Reply #7: Jan 09, 2012 08:14:28 am
      Liverpool FC target Demba Ba could cost just £5m claims Harry Redknapp
      Newcastle striker Demba Ba, who is believed to be a target for Arsenal, Liverpool and others, is available for less than his reported £10million release clause, according to Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp.

Premier League clubs were put on alert late last week after it emerged that Ba has a release clause in his contract on Tyneside.

The 26-year-old was believed to be available for £10million, with a report on Sunday suggesting Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United were also showing interest, along with Tottenham (see below).

Newcastle officials are desperately trying to keep Ba at the club after news of his buy-out clause was made public, by offering him improved terms on his three-year deal.

But when asked about the Senegal international's £10m release clause, Redknapp said: "I think you will find it is a lot less than that."

And when asked if was as little as £7m, Redknapp was quoted by the Daily Mirror as adding: "Even less than that."

A whole host of clubs are now expected to launch bids for the former West Ham forward before the end of the month.

As you all know of course, Harry Redknapp doesn't like talking about other clubs players.   :roll:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #8: Jan 09, 2012 08:17:01 am
       I was just going to post that JD,it appears Redknapp is saying the release clause is only 5 million quid.I imagine he would want a big signing on fee and big wages.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #9: Jan 09, 2012 08:19:32 am
      Liverpool FC target Demba Ba could cost just £5m claims Harry Redknapp
      Newcastle striker Demba Ba, who is believed to be a target for Arsenal, Liverpool and others, is available for less than his reported £10million release clause, according to Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp.

Premier League clubs were put on alert late last week after it emerged that Ba has a release clause in his contract on Tyneside.

The 26-year-old was believed to be available for £10million, with a report on Sunday suggesting Chelsea, Manchester City and Manchester United were also showing interest, along with Tottenham (see below).

Newcastle officials are desperately trying to keep Ba at the club after news of his buy-out clause was made public, by offering him improved terms on his three-year deal.

But when asked about the Senegal international's £10m release clause, Redknapp said: "I think you will find it is a lot less than that."

And when asked if was as little as £7m, Redknapp was quoted by the Daily Mirror as adding: "Even less than that."

A whole host of clubs are now expected to launch bids for the former West Ham forward before the end of the month.

As you all know of course, Harry Redknapp doesn't like talking about other clubs players.   :roll:

But JD - He's a T'riffic Player and would be an asset to the dressing room and the squad.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #10: Jan 09, 2012 08:40:43 am
      Would love to know how Harry thinks he knows about an apparent £5m release clause in Ba's contract. We should put an offer in and see what comes of it he would be a good addition for the latter games of the season at a small fee (if this release clause rumour is true). 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #11: Jan 09, 2012 11:40:14 am
      We should go in for and take their pants down at the lowest price possible, with him and Enrique robbed from Newcastle will make feel a lot better about getting our pants took down over Carroll.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #12: Jan 09, 2012 11:45:38 am
      £5 million for Champions league sides £10 million for the rest thats what ive heard but dont have it in  Black and white . Could be a great asset .
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #13: Jan 09, 2012 11:46:14 am
      Realistically, how would Refknapp know and no one else know ??? Would it just be his connections?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14: Jan 09, 2012 11:48:26 am
      F**k off Del Boy you dodgy tw*t, what has Newcastles business got to do with him?

He is one sly c**t that fella, he's won F**k all in his time as manager bar an FA Cup, spent sh*t loads of money are Spuds, has them in the top 4 and now qualifies as the leading England candidate.

F**k that off. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #15: Jan 09, 2012 11:48:40 am
      Realistically, how would Refknapp know and no one else know ??? Would it just be his connections?

I would presume that if Redknapp know's then most other managers will know as well and after him opening his mouth and doing what he apparently never does everybody now knows.

If he is telling the truthand not just talking sh*te again.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #16: Jan 09, 2012 11:51:25 am
      F**k off Del Boy you dodgy tw*t, what has Newcastles business got to do with him?

He is one sly c**t that fella, he's won f**k all in his time as manager bar an FA Cup, spent sh*t loads of money are Spuds, has them in the top 4 and now qualifies as the leading England candidate.

F**k that off. 

I shall assume that you are not a fan of him then
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 09, 2012 12:29:23 pm
      Get him in.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4882 
      Reply #18: Jan 09, 2012 12:31:11 pm

Is anyone?

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #19: Jan 09, 2012 12:52:16 pm

Actually other than he's alright!
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #20: Jan 09, 2012 12:58:43 pm
      £5 million for Champions league sides £10 million for the rest thats what ive heard but dont have it in  Black and white . Could be a great asset .
      No pun intended?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #21: Jan 09, 2012 01:32:38 pm
      Worth a gamble in my opinion. It would be a gamble as he has had transfers halted because of failed fitness tests at a couple of clubs before joining Newcastle. (according to Wiki anyway)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #22: Jan 09, 2012 01:35:56 pm
      He has dodgy knees. I think the issue is not that he is prone to injury, but that if his knee does get injured, it takes longer to recover than for most players.

For £5M though it would be a gamble worth taking.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #23: Jan 09, 2012 05:10:21 pm
      I have just been looking through sky bet and Ba is 11/10 to go to Chelsea and Torres is 3/1 to go to us by the end of Jan !!!!!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #24: Jan 09, 2012 05:57:07 pm
      We should go in for and take their pants down at the lowest price possible, with him and Enrique robbed from Newcastle will make feel a lot better about getting our pants took down over Carroll.
      ;D

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #25: Jan 09, 2012 07:48:46 pm
      I have just been looking through sky bet and Ba is 11/10 to go to Chelsea and Torres is 3/1 to go to us by the end of Jan !!!!!
      I'd say it's bollocks but wouldn't be funny if that happened then Ba broke down with a fu**ed up knee?! (Nothing against Ba, by the way, just Chavski).
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #26: Jan 09, 2012 09:50:31 pm
      Ba is a good player, for £5 mil its worth it just as another back up, I think he would fit into our team quite well.
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Reply #27: Jan 09, 2012 10:10:27 pm
      If he'll go, it will 10 mil min
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 10 
      Re: Demba Ba (Newcastle United)
      Reply #28: Jan 10, 2012 05:03:14 pm
      His knees looked ok when he swivelled to slot that one past manure, I bet ya taggart wos F*****g sinking in his seat when that one went in
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #29: Jan 10, 2012 05:15:28 pm
      F**k off Redknapp, you can't field a team of 11 strikers you ass.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #30: Jan 10, 2012 06:11:07 pm
      I wouldn't want the wool pulling over our eyes, by paying too much for this player! Sorry for the pun just could not resist it today
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31: Jan 10, 2012 06:37:53 pm
      For 5mill would probably take him, is in great form this season to be fair.
      riedle13
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #32: Jan 10, 2012 07:37:26 pm
      His character is really terrible. Ba will go everywhere if the money is right, without a doubt. He left Hoffenheim in a way, that was just unacceptable.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Jan 11, 2012 06:20:46 pm
      Has the scout budget been cut due to the recession or something? This is just lazy scouting. Yes hes playing well but he is not a top club player! Playing out of his skin but will be sure to be a flop in a top club!

Would rather see us aim afar for the new Chicarito or Next best thing instead of a 26yr old moneygrabber!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #34: Jan 11, 2012 06:28:11 pm
      Has the scout budget been cut due to the recession or something? This is just lazy scouting. Yes hes playing well but he is not a top club player! Playing out of his skin but will be sure to be a flop in a top club!

Would rather see us aim afar for the new Chicarito or Next best thing instead of a 26yr old moneygrabber!

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen in a while!!  Have you watched Demba Ba this season, or last year with West Ham?  His movement in and around the box is fantastic and he is a clinical finisher with his head and his feet.  He is big and strong, yet he also has a bit of pace about him. 

In all honesty, you only need to look at his goalscoring record throughout his career to realize that this season is not a fluke!!  92 Goals in 176 Games (including his appearances for Senegal) means he has consistently been bagging at least 1 goal for every two games that he features in. 

Also, the lad has a phenomenal attitude!  So please do us all a favor and don't comment on a player, team, event, etc unless you actually have a clue what you are talking about....
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #35: Jan 11, 2012 06:35:39 pm
      This is one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen in a while!!  Have you watched Demba Ba this season, or last year with West Ham?  His movement in and around the box is fantastic and he is a clinical finisher with his head and his feet.  He is big and strong, yet he also has a bit of pace about him. 

In all honesty, you only need to look at his goalscoring record throughout his career to realize that this season is not a fluke!!  92 Goals in 176 Games (including his appearances for Senegal) means he has consistently been bagging at least 1 goal for every two games that he features in. 

Also, the lad has a phenomenal attitude!  So please do us all a favor and don't comment on a player, team, event, etc unless you actually have a clue what you are talking about....
      this
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #36: Jan 11, 2012 06:48:39 pm

Clearly your on the rag!

What was Andy Carrolls record before he came to us? Roughly 1 in 3games too! Some players just play better at lower clubs and cant live up to the big club!

I suppose you would sign Odemwingie and Dempsey too? Hoffenheim are hardly the liverpool of Germany, they are more like the Newcastle!

Before you over react again... I said he is in form! But form is not what makes a worldclass player stand out from the rest and thats what I would rather see come to us... Another suarez and or an unknown talent.

What makes this forum good is that not everyone has to agree with eachother!
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #37: Jan 11, 2012 07:51:21 pm
      ^ So, you don't want him because he's been on form for the last 5 years, but hasn't played for a glamorous club?  Hahahaha, that truly is laughable!

Also, Odemwingie and Dempsey have each only managed slightly better than 1 goal every 4 appearances, while Demba Ba averages slightly better than 1 goal every 2 appearances.  If you want to break it down mathematically, then Demba Ba is twice the player that either of the other two are! 

Also, CArrol's goalscoring record was only decent before he came to LFC - he averaged about 1 goal every 3 games.  However, I have always maintained that Andy will come good eventually.  He has only just turned 23 years old, which is still very young for a target style CF.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #38: Jan 14, 2012 01:06:59 pm
      His knee is a catastrophe waiting to happen
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #39: Jan 14, 2012 08:07:16 pm
      Clearly your on the rag!

What was Andy Carrolls record before he came to us? Roughly 1 in 3games too! Some players just play better at lower clubs and cant live up to the big club!

I suppose you would sign Odemwingie and Dempsey too? Hoffenheim are hardly the liverpool of Germany, they are more like the Newcastle!

Before you over react again... I said he is in form! But form is not what makes a worldclass player stand out from the rest and thats what I would rather see come to us... Another suarez and or an unknown talent.

What makes this forum good is that not everyone has to agree with eachother!

Have you ever watched him actually play?

He's a menace. He'll be brilliant where ever he goes.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #40: Jan 14, 2012 08:23:29 pm
      I have to admit i think this could be another gamble.. Not one id want to take, if the board and manger see it as not one ok but im just not convinced he will do it for a top club or his knees will last the test of time.

Didnt he fail a medical at stoke because of them? And his reported medicals at West Ham And Newcastle reduced down not to include that part?

Better options for me out there
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #41: Jan 14, 2012 08:32:25 pm
      This doesn't strike me as the answer
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #42: Jan 14, 2012 08:33:25 pm
      Agree mate, his knees are extremely dodgy as well
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #43: Jan 14, 2012 08:37:53 pm
      Agree mate, his knees are extremely dodgy as well

How dare you - there's nothing wrong with my knees  :f_tongueincheek:
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #44: Jan 14, 2012 08:40:39 pm
      I have to admit i think this could be another gamble.. Not one id want to take, if the board and manger see it as not one ok but im just not convinced he will do it for a top club or his knees will last the test of time.

Didnt he fail a medical at stoke because of them? And his reported medicals at West Ham And Newcastle reduced down not to include that part?

Better options for me out there

Still has done a fine job for both clubs . He would also fit into our style of play, whereas Carroll seems to be really struggling.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #45: Jan 14, 2012 08:44:47 pm
      ^^^^Carroll did well before he came here when everything went through him and the style of play suited him... Ba gets everything through him and directed to suit him there too... its different at a big club with more options.. And different when teams come to your place to sit deep and defend and you cant rely on one tactic
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #46: Jan 17, 2012 03:07:59 pm
      Extremely strong rumors that Newcastle have agreed a £10 million fee for Papiss Demba Cisse, a very good striker I must say. Would get in our team ahead of Carroll, but this could mean that Demba Ba is on his way out, if Newcastle manage to sign Cisse.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #47: Jan 17, 2012 03:11:02 pm
      Ba - Humbug !
      The_Paddock
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #48: Jan 17, 2012 04:09:31 pm
      Not for me. I think hes just flavour of the month.

Hes done well for the toon and he did well at West Ham too no doubt about it, but personally wouldn't want Ba leading our line on a permanent basis.

Don't think hes the right choice to partner suarez either.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #49: Jan 17, 2012 04:22:10 pm
      Not for me. I think hes just flavour of the month.

Hes done well for the toon and he did well at West Ham too no doubt about it, but personally wouldn't want Ba leading our line on a permanent basis.

Don't think hes the right choice to partner suarez either.

He's not flavour of the month, he's a quality striker.
      The only reason I wouldn't want to put all our hopes on him is, knowing our luck with injuries,
      his knee will pack up a month after we sign him.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #50: Jan 17, 2012 05:09:05 pm
      No new links then
      pragnorok
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 21, 2012 08:54:48 am

He is one sly c**t that fella, he's won f**k all in his time as manager bar an FA Cup, spent sh*t loads of money are Spuds, has them in the top 4 and now qualifies as the leading England candidate.

F**k that off. 

Yep totally agree, its also fair to point out that every club that he has managed has also gone into administration and been relegated shortly after he left them!! Wonder why?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #52: Jan 21, 2012 09:49:12 am
      or his knees will last the test of time.

I'll admit to not knowing what the problem is with his knees mate: are they as dodgy as Bellamy's?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #53: Jan 21, 2012 11:00:01 am
      I think he has a deteriorating tendon in one of his knees.
      Not sure what the ramifications are in terms of timescale.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #54: Jan 21, 2012 01:26:02 pm
      I think he has a deteriorating tendon in one of his knees.
      Not sure what the ramifications are in terms of timescale.

The trouble is that kind of injury can be quiet as you like for a season or so and suddenly the wrong tackle comes in and you've got a problem that will keep coming back. Everytime you hurt it again you're making the knee weaker and more easily injured.

It's not easy to say, "Oh, his knees are fu**ed, we shouldn't sign him", because that's what Stoke did and Ba's goals could well be seen as the difference between Stoke and Newcastle's positions at the moment. It's a simple conclusion, but not that far fetched, and demonstrates the difference between taking a risk and not.

In the end it's a gamble with any player who has a suspect injury record. For the present, Ba seems to be comfortable on his knee, but one bad bit of contact and suddenly his recurring problem will be exacerbated. Personally I think we could go for a 'safer' option in terms of injury record, especially as Newcastle may want a significant fee now.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #55: Jan 21, 2012 01:31:56 pm
      I'll admit to not knowing what the problem is with his knees mate: are they as dodgy as Bellamy's?

He failed the medical at Stoke because of them and Reports said he passed it at West Ham after because they decided to not include those tests.
      As Racer said i think its a tendon problem. Again bits i read said that they could last for his career or could go at any minute.

It just makes it more of a gamble, probably the reason he hasnt gone for much of a transfer fee in the move to West Ham (and they didnt offer him a long contract probably due to that fact - But that is a guess, but why only such a short one for a talented lad?) Then moved on a free to the Barcodes.

Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #56: Jan 22, 2012 11:44:44 am
      I reckon lots of players have similar injury's but the info never got out into the public.. With Ba its out there.. In other words, we've probably signed players in the past with similar problems but because we never got hold of the info we haven't a clue..
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2012 11:56:53 am by Chico Banderas »
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #57: Jan 30, 2012 09:40:28 pm
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #58: Jan 30, 2012 09:44:24 pm

More likely Kenny tried getting the game put back because we had a massive game on the weekend and Wolves didnt play.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #59: Jan 30, 2012 09:46:11 pm
      I can just see the conversation tomorrow...

" Demba Ba?"

"40m"

"Nah that's ok"

They won't let us get a bargain will they...  Deja vu anyone..

Not going to happen.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #60: Jan 30, 2012 11:50:00 pm
      We did alright outta Newcastle for Enrique!

Quick Reply