Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

E-petition: Give Kevin Williams his inquest, Hillsborough JFT96 do your bit

Read 23558 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Re: E-petition: Give Kevin Williams his inquest, Hillsborough JFT96 do your bit
      Reply #276: Jan 19, 2012 08:36:01 pm
      From Twitter:

MikeHughesBBC Mike Hughes
      The Attorney General says he'll look at all the evidence surrounding the death of Kevin Williams.He MAY call a new inquest without a debate.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,261 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #277: Jan 19, 2012 08:42:05 pm
      Please God this will now get the nod and some justice will come
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #278: Jan 19, 2012 08:43:39 pm
      From Twitter:

The Attorney General says he'll look at all the evidence surrounding the death of Kevin Williams.He MAY call a new inquest without a debate.
      The wheels are rolling.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #279: Jan 19, 2012 08:52:06 pm
      Chuffed to bits, atleast the wheels ARE starting to roll.

Everyone who signed this, who posted it around and told people about it - well done all. Hope some justice can be served, finally.

YNWA
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #280: Jan 19, 2012 10:56:18 pm
      From Twitter:

It's a sorry excuse of a country where people need to hand in petitions before the senior lawyer in the land 'looks at evidence' over a person killed 23 years ago.

We did our part and we all want her to get to the truth of why her son was allowed to die - but when you read the above comment it makes my blood boil at the 'establishment' still running every aspect of this country.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #281: Jan 19, 2012 11:05:45 pm
      but when you read the above comment it makes my blood boil at the 'establishment' still running every aspect of this country.

Building an Ā£80m boat for a little old woman who probably won't be alive in 15 years time, whilst the economy is fu**ed and unemployment is rife is another prime example too.

Just goes to show whilst they are holding onto their positions and the riches it attracts us mere lower class folk are nothing but a hinderance.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #282: Jan 20, 2012 08:59:57 am
      just some celebs who signed the petition,,,,,,,,,,,
      Kenny Dalglish
      Joey Barton
      John Arne Riise
      Vincent Kompany
      Rafa Benitez
      Andrey Arshavin
      Emmanuel Frimpong
      Martin Offiah
      Adam Morgan
      Wayne Rooney
      Ricky Hatton
      Luis Garcia
      Anthony Pilkington
      Guillem Balague
      Faye White
      Charlie Adam
      Piers Morgan
      Gabby Logan
      Neil Mellor
      Wayne McCullough
      Coleen Rooney
      Richard Keys
      Peter Andre
      Helen Chamberlain
      Luke Donald
      Darren Clarke
      Ian Botham
      Louise Mensch MP
      Tim Lovejoy
      Chris Kamara
      Gary Neville
      Ryan Babel
      Dani Pacheco
      Garry Schofield
      Michael Owen
      Tim Cahill
      Peter Reid
      Caroline Wozniacki
      Hayley McQueen
      Stan Collymore
      Pete Wylie
      Ant and Dec
      Kelly Cates
      Kirtsy Gallacher
      Glen Hussein
      Simon Rix
      Rory Bremner
      Paul Daley
      Titi Camara
      Kelly Holmes
      Beverley Knight
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #283: Jan 20, 2012 09:04:16 am
      It ended up with 115,741 signatures.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

That was about 103000 signatures in 9 days.

It was an Amazing effort, I didn't want to say it but it was only tuesday I was thinking the petition wouldn't get 100,000.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #284: Jan 20, 2012 09:07:12 am
      It ended up with 115,741 signatures.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19149

That was about 103000 signatures in 9 days.

It was an Amazing effort, I didn't want to say it but it was only tuesday I was thinking the petition wouldn't get 100,000.

There was some amount of work being put in by so  many people.great to see i hope Anne gets what she deserves and the women can get on with the rest of her life,Its sicking to see what people have to do in this day and age for answers.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #285: Jan 20, 2012 09:12:27 am
      THE mum of 15-year-old Hillsborough victim Kevin Williams spoke of her delight after more than 100,000 people backed her online campaign for a fresh inquest into her sonā€™s death.

Anne Williams, whose government e-petition called for an accidental death verdict to be overturned, said she was ā€œelatedā€ after 113,656 people pledged their support.

The 59-year-old mum now hopes that her case will be debated in Parliament.

But, before that happens, cross-party political support will be needed at a backbenchers committee.

Anne said: ā€œI feel elated.

"I was in tears over the support that the e-petition got.

"I want the Attorney General to look at the evidence again and send Kevin's case back to the divisional court, recommending a new inquest into the death of my son.ā€

An Attorney General spokesman said last night: ā€œThis e-petition has a formal process and the leaderā€™s office will be updating the website shortly.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/01/20/hillborough-mum-anne-williams-s-e-petition-for-new-hillsborough-inquest-reaches-100-000-signatures-target-100252-30161237/#ixzz1jzIhtQlF
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #286: Jan 20, 2012 09:31:17 am
      but when you read the above comment it makes my blood boil at the 'establishment' still running every aspect of this country.
      It's called "the system" JD and the fuckers have honed it to perfection.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #287: Jan 20, 2012 11:23:12 am
      Kenny Dalglish
      Joey Barton
      John Arne Riise
      Vincent Kompany
      Rafa Benitez
      Andrey Arshavin
      Emmanuel Frimpong
      Martin Offiah
      Adam Morgan
      Wayne Rooney
      Ricky Hatton
      Luis Garcia
      Anthony Pilkington
      Guillem Balague
      Faye White
      Charlie Adam
      Piers Morgan
      Gabby Logan
      Neil Mellor
      Wayne McCullough
      Coleen Rooney
      Richard Keys
      Peter Andre
      Helen Chamberlain
      Luke Donald
      Darren Clarke
      Ian Botham
      Louise Mensch MP
      Tim Lovejoy
      Chris Kamara
      Gary Neville
      Ryan Babel
      Dani Pacheco
      Garry Schofield
      Michael Owen
      Tim Cahill
      Peter Reid
      Caroline Wozniacki
      Hayley McQueen
      Stan Collymore
      Pete Wylie
      Ant and Dec
      Kelly Cates
      Kirtsy Gallacher
      Glen Hussein
      Simon Rix
      Rory Bremner
      Paul Daley
      Titi Camara
      Kelly Holmes
      Beverley Knight

Whilst I love the idea of all these names supporting the cause, what happened to the bit that they had to be UK Citizens?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #288: Jan 20, 2012 11:53:18 am
      Whilst I love the idea of all these names supporting the cause, what happened to the bit that they had to be UK Citizens?

Well we all know politicians like to work the system, so that is exactly what we are doing.

Justice WILL come.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #289: Jan 20, 2012 11:54:40 am

Is it not residents of the UK, ie. able to vote.  Fairly sure if you have a home here you can vote in the election.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #290: Jan 20, 2012 11:54:50 am
      All me arse anyway, injustice is a global phenomemon as is the system which promotes it.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #291: Jan 20, 2012 04:13:03 pm
      Kenny Dalglish
      Joey Barton
      John Arne Riise
      Vincent Kompany
      Rafa Benitez
      Andrey Arshavin
      Emmanuel Frimpong
      Martin Offiah
      Adam Morgan
      Wayne Rooney
      Ricky Hatton
      Luis Garcia
      Anthony Pilkington
      Guillem Balague
      Faye White
      Charlie Adam
      Piers Morgan
      Gabby Logan
      Neil Mellor
      Wayne McCullough
      Coleen Rooney
      Richard Keys
      Peter Andre
      Helen Chamberlain
      Luke Donald
      Darren Clarke
      Ian Botham
      Louise Mensch MP
      Tim Lovejoy
      Chris Kamara
      Gary Neville
      Ryan Babel
      Dani Pacheco
      Garry Schofield
      Michael Owen
      Tim Cahill
      Peter Reid
      Caroline Wozniacki
      Hayley McQueen
      Stan Collymore
      Pete Wylie
      Ant and Dec
      Kelly Cates
      Kirtsy Gallacher
      Glen Hussein
      Simon Rix
      Rory Bremner
      Paul Daley
      Titi Camara
      Kelly Holmes
      Beverley Knight

Just like to add Arlene Philips, Adele Silva, Charley Webb, Danny B Miller, Vinny O Connor, Graeme Murty and a special mention to Adam Woodyatt who was terrific.
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #292: Jan 20, 2012 11:01:12 pm
      These people probably put it up on twitter and are being praised for it?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #293: Jan 21, 2012 12:59:59 am
      I'll be honest & truthfull here, I seen Ian Mcintosh or what ever you call him congratulating the likes of Andy Heaton and RobboHuyton and the Anfield wrap for their amazing contribution to the petition.

Now honestly, I don't care about my own involvment but when I read that tweet, I thought what about Alan Willaims, what about El Scouse, what about Bruiser Rawk what about every single tweeter that retweeted every tweet every single tweet that appeared in their tineline.

Now don't get me wrong as it was a massive achievment, but as I said it earlier in the campaign and I'm sure %100 would agree, that if people on twitter that had a higher following and influence had spoken about it in the same volume & capacity as those with 10 plus followers it would have been done days ago.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #294: Jan 21, 2012 01:15:23 am
      I'll be honest & truthfull here, I seen Ian Mcintosh or what ever you call him congratulating the likes of Andy Heaton and RobboHuyton and the Anfield wrap for their amazing contribution to the petition.

Now honestly, I don't care about my own involvment but when I read that tweet, I thought what about Alan Willaims, what about El Scouse, what about Bruiser Rawk what about every single tweeter that retweeted every tweet every single tweet that appeared in their tineline.

Now don't get me wrong as it was a massive achievment, but as I said it earlier in the campaign and I'm sure %100 would agree, that if people on twitter that had a higher following and influence had spoken about it in the same volume & capacity as those with 10 plus followers it would have been done days ago.

They can say what they want, they cant take away the constant effort that you, I and everyone else put in at all hours of the day and night.

I'd like to mention my sis @jb2kaii10 who was immense.
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #295: Jan 21, 2012 01:20:37 am
      mayby now we'll finally see the start of some justice for our 96 lost brothers and sisters, they'll never walk alone
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #296: Jan 21, 2012 01:38:16 am
      At the end of the day Daz, it doesn't matter mate. The only thing that matters is that Anne has a slight chance of closure.

You put your graft in and you can sleep easy bud. Every one else who signed the petition can sleep easy too. It's not the people who promoted it that matter, nor the people who are taking the plaudits. It's the people who signed the petition that matter.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #297: Jan 21, 2012 09:19:03 am

When I plugged this in October, I was really disappointed with the response on here; I just couldn't understand the apathy. Looking back I wish I had had Daz's perseverance and nagged a bit more! Even this week I thought we were flogging a dead horse or to use another metaphor we were 0-3 down at half down to the best team in Europe. To achieve what was achieved makes it a very proud week to be a reds fan. Daz and Alan, I salute you!

What we can't afford to happen now is have the will of a single member of the out of touch elite establishment (Attorney General) decide against the will of 100,000+ petitioners. We can watch and wait for now but be ready to 'go to war' again.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #298: Jan 21, 2012 09:34:18 am
      When I plugged this in October, I was really disappointed with the response on here; I just couldn't understand the apathy.

To be honest mate, I signed it around October time and then just forgot all about it, after the 130,000 sigs we got for the Hillsborough petition I naturally assumed Anne's would get similar figures no problems at all, it was only when I seen Tony Evans tweeting it & I clicked on the link that I seen how low the figures were.

Quick Reply