Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 8th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Joao Teixeira (Sporting Lisbon)

Read 25913 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,352 posts | 4968 
      Re: Joao Teixeira (Sporting Lisbon)
      Reply #115: Jan 19, 2012 10:50:53 pm
      I see another prophet of doom has joined the ranks.

I'll be honest and admit I haven't seen this lad play but at around £1M I don't see the risk.

He could turn out to be a fantastic player or he could not either way I would guess we would get £1M back for him.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #116: Jan 19, 2012 10:56:03 pm
      I don't want to put a spanner in the works but Keegan was only 20 years old when he signed for us,now I could be wromg but I am sure he went straight into the first team.I recall the story about him going into see Bill Shankly and asking if he was going to be in the first team.He did go into the team and the rest was histort as they say.There is no reason why Teixeira cannot do the same if he is good enough.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #117: Jan 19, 2012 10:56:53 pm
      Think about what it takes for a youth player to break through.. He needs to dislodge a world class international player, when given the opportunity?? Not fookin easy, especially with so much at stake for managers at big clubs.. To me its not surprising that a limited amount of youth players get through but it would be impossible to ignore the youth system. It is crazy to think the whole set up for the small percentage chance we'll uncover a gem..
      SEANOBYRNE78
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 723 posts |
      Reply #118: Jan 19, 2012 10:59:46 pm
      Would we take a risk and play these young talents ? To much at stake so unless we are forced into playing them we never get to see just what if !
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #119: Jan 19, 2012 11:06:55 pm
      Would we take a risk and play these young talents ? To much at stake so unless we are forced into playing them we never get to see just what if !
      If a player is good enough play him age does not matter.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #120: Jan 19, 2012 11:45:16 pm
      You talk out of your Arse.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #121: Jan 20, 2012 01:23:00 am
      i thought lisbon was a parter club with chelsea so therefore chelsea would have the option of buying the if they decide to match the fee that has been agree by the buying club( this time liverpool). if that is the case why isnt chelsea buying him? if he was that good woundnt they be interested?
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #122: Jan 20, 2012 05:50:47 am
      i thought lisbon was a parter club with chelsea so therefore chelsea would have the option of buying the if they decide to match the fee that has been agree by the buying club( this time liverpool). if that is the case why isnt chelsea buying him? if he was that good woundnt they be interested?

Good point Suso, had to check it out to verify but it isn't Chelsea.  Partnership used to be with Man U but City have since displaced them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/11/manchester-city-partnership-sporting-lisbon
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #123: Jan 20, 2012 07:44:50 am
      With only 11 days left of the window, I'm starting to worry this is the best we can do...
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #124: Jan 20, 2012 07:48:48 am
      With only 11 days left of the window, I'm starting to worry this is the best we can do...
      You forgot what happened a year ago?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #125: Jan 20, 2012 09:05:35 am

I think, although I may be wrong, that this is the crux of Sean's issues as well.

It's not that you don't want the lad to succeed. It's not really that you've watched him and believe he's bad. It is that you are hoping for someone 'bigger', 'better' and more established.

Joao Teixeira is 'suffering' at the hands of some posters not because of who he is but... because of who he isn't.  ;)

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #126: Jan 20, 2012 09:25:05 am
      I think, although I may be wrong, that this is the crux of Sean's issues as well.

It's not that you don't want the lad to succeed. It's not really that you've watched him and believe he's bad. It is that you are hoping for someone 'bigger', 'better' and more established.

Joao Teixeira is 'suffering' at the hands of some posters not because of who he is but... because of who he isn't.  ;)

Equally as relevant mouse is the fact that if your man was a wum he would take the opportunity to deride any modest signings the club made, at this stage of the game.
      Having taken a wee look at some previous submissions by him there appears to be a definite lack of depth to his posts and your suggestion of a more profound interpretation concerning this one post for me does not stand up.
      I am inclined agree with your final analogy mate and he does fit the mould.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #127: Jan 20, 2012 09:44:24 am
      Having taken a wee look at some previous submissions by him there appears to be a definite lack of depth to his posts and your suggestion of a more profound interpretation concerning this one post for me does not stand up.
      I am inclined agree with your final analogy mate and he does fit the mould.

I was just trying to defuse the situation Stu.

He has admitted that he'd like the lad to succeed. He has admitted he hasn't really watched him play and I'm having and educated guess that he wants 'bigger', 'better' and more established.

Where he may fall into the realms of wumerry is his repetition of his opinion. Much better to state the opinion - "I don't know much about the lad so I can't get too excited but I hope he does well"... then leave it at that. Same stated opinion. Same core issues. No wum factor.

On topic: I've liked what little I've seen of the lad and have high hopes for him.

suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #128: Jan 20, 2012 10:05:26 am
      Good point Suso, had to check it out to verify but it isn't Chelsea.  Partnership used to be with Man U but City have since displaced them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/11/manchester-city-partnership-sporting-lisbon
      i thought the guys on lfctv said it was chelsea. it could be my hearing or memory, am not getting any younger
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #129: Jan 20, 2012 10:07:37 am

Where he may fall into the realms of wumerry is his repetition of his opinion. Much better to state the opinion - "I don't know much about the lad so I can't get too excited but I hope he does well"... then leave it at that. Same stated opinion. Same core issues. No wum factor.

On topic: I've liked what little I've seen of the lad and have high hopes for him.

As you say mate from the outset a positive attitude is required, there are no grounds for negativity from what is evident - the only aspect to query if you've a mind to, is the modest fee. If he cut's the mustard it will be a master stroke for all concerned.
      lerpwl_am_byth
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts |
      Reply #130: Jan 20, 2012 01:24:40 pm
      You forgot what happened a year ago?

You mean Andy Carroll? Panic buying sure worked out for us then! ;)
      moh20
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #131: Jan 20, 2012 02:24:15 pm
      We are linked with too many youth players for my liking. Why if tey are not going to be given a chance?
      TBH I reckon Adam Morgan would score more than Carroll if he was given the same gametime. Good enough = old enough
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #132: Jan 20, 2012 02:55:45 pm
      Some seem to be forgetting the success achieved by Rafa in his good work with the academy, I also remember John Henry promising to uphold the improvements that were in place in our youth set up.
      Quality targets are thin on the ground right now and until that situation improves reinforcing the youth set up will do no harm whatsoever.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #133: Jan 20, 2012 03:51:42 pm

:D

Some seem to be forgetting the success achieved by Rafa in his good work with the academy, I also remember John Henry promising to uphold the improvements that were in place in our youth set up.
      Quality targets are thin on the ground right now and until that situation improves reinforcing the youth set up will do no harm whatsoever.
      instride01
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #134: Jan 20, 2012 04:40:11 pm
      I've always been of the mindset that competition breeds success.  So if we want a more successful academy we need to be making signings like this.  Then the best rise to the top and hopefully we will have a steady stream of players breaking into the first team over time.  Those that just can't cut it, we can still turn for a small profit in most cases.  Taking the longview, this approach is a way of saving us having to pay inflated premiums on first team talent.  So I'm hopeful we can carry on like this and it is fruitful.  Like everyone else though, I too want those few quality signings for the first team as I think we're so close to getting back into the Champions League.  But this time of year just isn't a good time to purchase players for the first team as the market always favours the seller.  We learned this all too well last year.  While this approach requires more patience from fans like us, I take solace in the fact that KD and Commolli are going about our business in a rational, methodical and sound way that is sustainable.  Just my two cents.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #135: Jan 20, 2012 07:02:03 pm
      Why does everything happen big on the last day.

For some reason, I've a feeling we sign someone on deadline day. A big enough name.

Perhaps Defoe!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #136: Jan 20, 2012 07:04:35 pm
      Why does everything happen big on the last day.

For some reason, I've a feeling we sign someone on deadline day. A big enough name.

Perhaps Defoe!

Im not saying that i think the Defoe thing will happen but did anyone hear his interview on Sly Sports the other day? Hardly banging his chest declaring the fact he will stay at Spurs. Just said he wants to play. I think he wants out.

Im happy with Teixeira though, i think if he settles ok we will see him involved in the first team squad this season.
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #137: Jan 20, 2012 07:13:44 pm
      We are linked with too many youth players for my liking. Why if tey are not going to be given a chance?
      TBH I reckon Adam Morgan would score more than Carroll if he was given the same gametime. Good enough = old enough
      im with you on tat mate, would love to give morgan a break, full off passion and commitment

Quick Reply