Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match tonight?

Pepe Reina
      20 (12.7%)
      Steven Gerrard
      47 (29.9%)
      Daniel Agger
      14 (8.9%)
      Martin Skrtel
      31 (19.7%)
      Glen Johnson
      40 (25.5%)
      Someone else
      5 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Man City 0-1 Liverpool: Live & Post game Gratification.

Read 47634 times
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Re: Man City 0-1 Liverpool: Live & Post game Gratification.
      Reply #667: Jan 12, 2012 11:56:26 am
      Jesus, 90 minutes away from Wembley with Kenny lads, back at Wembley with Kenny. Just imagine the King leading us out at Wembley again, can you believe it?

Alright, only half way there. Delighted with that resolute performance. Feet on the ground and all that. Still a long way to go.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #668: Jan 12, 2012 12:03:02 pm
      Looking at that Johnson tackle, it was risky, but not a sending off.

The player arrived after the incident.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #669: Jan 12, 2012 12:03:45 pm
      Mancini and Gerrard have tunnel disagreement

An interview with Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini is interrupted by Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard over the Italian's comments about a tackle by Glen Johnson.

Mancini was speaking in the tunnel after his side's 1-0 defeat in the first leg of the Carling Cup semi-final.

Late in the game Johnson jumped in with two feet to win the ball, but no foul was given. The City boss likened that challenge to the one which saw his defender Vincent Kompany sent off in the FA Cup and subsequently banned for four matches.

Listen Gerrard giving Mancini it on the radio player.

http://lfc.im/9k
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      Reply #670: Jan 12, 2012 12:07:28 pm
      I don't believe it. A new rule has just been enforced by the F.A. this morning.

Any Liverpool player passing the ball to Downing will be booked for time wasting.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #671: Jan 12, 2012 12:08:55 pm

I love how the person giving the interview has the balls to say something like...."(excuse me) we are in the middle of an interview," Like either Mancini or Gerrard give a ****. Props for Gerrard to stick up for his teammate, whether or not it was during an "interview", and funny that Mancini then makes himself look like an idiot admitting his hypocrisy. 
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #672: Jan 12, 2012 12:10:54 pm
      Mancini waffling about the Johnson tackle smacks of desperation, he's trying to save his own arse if anyone from Abu Dhabi is watching, he's using Johnson's fair tackle as a crutch.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2012 12:28:58 pm by stuey »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #673: Jan 12, 2012 12:11:53 pm
      Haha well in Gerrard.

Really good atmosphere in there last night. Really wish you could have some of the same enthusiam in Anfield.

As for the game, thought we played very well in the first half and were cautious in the second. Might have been a bit frustrating for people, but now it's done, you can see why we enforced that tactic.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #674: Jan 12, 2012 12:14:09 pm
      perfect first leg performance its a results business and that was a great result.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #675: Jan 12, 2012 12:22:29 pm
      Not seen the match yet but take it you must of played well beating City in their own back yard.  Were both teams at full strength?

Well done.  :)from the start
      Talking about full strength sides is a tad mischievous Keith, we all know Citeh were without Kompany and Silva but the mega-bucks they've spent should well cover quality back up. Their team selection and subs need questioning - Nasri for instance should have been on  from the word go. 
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #676: Jan 12, 2012 12:31:31 pm
      Not seen the match yet but take it you must of played well beating City in their own back yard.  Were both teams at full strength?

Well we had eleven players as did City so... yes.

It might have been even easier if they had just ten men for most of the game tho'.   :tosser:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #677: Jan 12, 2012 12:34:45 pm
      Well, I felt that challenge was worst than Kompany's but Johnson didn't get any of Lescott at all, maybe a slight touch of the foot, if any.
      Got to disagree Ad I don't think it did look as bad, nevertheless after saying that I still am of the opinion the Kompany tackle did not constitute him seeing red.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #678: Jan 12, 2012 12:34:47 pm
      Talking about full strength sides is a tad mischievous Keith, we all know Citeh were without Kompany and Silva but the mega-bucks they've spent should well cover quality back up. Their team selection and subs need questioning - Nasri for instance should have been on  from the word go. 

Seriously stuey didn't know the sides. Never being mischievous whasoever. Teams do put weaken sides out for this comp as well  you know. It was a great win at their place.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #679: Jan 12, 2012 12:42:49 pm
      Seriously stuey didn't know the sides. Never being mischievous whasoever. Teams do put weaken sides out for this comp as well  you know. It was a great win at their place.
      Fair enough Keith, as for the weakened sides your lot seem to be taking it very seriously - I think the days of regarding this as a second rate tournament are long gone.

Voted Johnson MOTM and he seems to be edging it there, was like a rock all night with his calm, deliberate play and intelligent reaction - well in Glen.
      « Last Edit: Jan 12, 2012 12:57:26 pm by stuey »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #680: Jan 12, 2012 01:17:19 pm
      Fair enough Keith, as for the weakened sides your lot seem to be taking it very seriously - I think the days of regarding this as a second rate tournament are long gone.

Voted Johnson MOTM and he seems to be edging it there, was like a rock all night with his calm, deliberate play and intelligent reaction - well in Glen.

Im my opinion we have no choice but to take them more seriously now. Like ive said for a while, United are not as feared as much as they use to be. Can only hope it changes sooner rather than later, sadley i think its the latter of the two.  :(

Now back on topic before i get a bollocking  ;D
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #681: Jan 12, 2012 01:18:42 pm
      Fantastic result - great performance though not a pretty one. Given our chances to goals ratio kenny made the right decision to shut up shop. Ill take a goal advantage and clean sheet back to Anfield all day long.

For me it highlights the need for another DM - eg Martinez or Banega.

Even with Lucas back we will be facing teams where we want two defensive mids to provide some steel in the middle of the park - especially in europeanaway legs; thats not to mention actually thinking about rotating Lucas and Jay for a rest. Playing Carra in front ofthe back line is not really a viable option.

Glad to see Pepe back at the top of his game too.

Wonder how many of the moaners will be trading their tickets to the final if we make it?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #682: Jan 12, 2012 01:26:10 pm
      Carra's played the sort of 'holding midfielder' or more specifically 'playing in front of the two central defenders' role a few times in his career I'm sure. I'm really not sure if I dreamt it but I'm sure he played in that role to great effect in a match for England against Poland back in October 2005. Anyone else remember? Sure it was years ago but I wonder about his ability in that role for now. I'm not saying start Carra in that role but for me it's an intriguing option.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #683: Jan 12, 2012 01:44:46 pm
      I know I'm getting ahead of meself here but should we make the final who could we potentially be playing?
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #684: Jan 12, 2012 02:01:24 pm
      I know I'm getting ahead of meself here but should we make the final who could we potentially be playing?

Palace beat Cardiff in the first leg at home.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1490 
      Reply #685: Jan 12, 2012 02:02:06 pm
      Cardiff City are a force to be reckoned with at home. I think they'll come through
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #686: Jan 12, 2012 02:02:23 pm
      Neck and neck in the MOTM vote!

Who was your man of the match tonight?

Pepe Reina
          17 (13.5%)
      Steven Gerrard
          33 (26.2%)

Daniel Agger
          11 (8.7%)
      Martin Skrtel
          28 (22.2%)
      Glen Johnson
          33 (26.2%)

Someone else
          4 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 126
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #687: Jan 12, 2012 02:04:28 pm
      Noticed this when watching the game back on TV.

What was that all about? Surprised nobody has said anything.

Yeah, it was for a brief moment the clip of him before the clip before he took the kick, if you know what i mean!

I don't expect them to do anything, though. Only if it was one of our fans, then, yes.

Got to disagree Ad I don't think it did look as bad, nevertheless after saying that I still am of the opinion the Kompany tackle did not constitute him seeing red.

Yes, I didn't think Kompany's tackle was a red as well mainly because the referee actually let play go on for about two seconds but changed his mind when Rooney came running with his arms in the air!

I just have to be honest and say if an opponent did to us what Johnson did, I'd be crying for a red card especially if we had lost the game!!

But screw Mancini. He's coming up with all the excuses under the sun. I hate it how he says he doesn't have enough players or his squad is not big. Yeah, I'm aware that the Toures were out with their country and that Silva was injured but they've spent around 500 million since Abu Dhabi took charge. Maybe that was under Hughes but no one told Mancini to freeze out Wayne Bridge, Emanuel Adebayor, Carlos Tevez and Craig Bellamy. They never did anything wrong to deserve such treatment, IMO.

It's either Crystal Palace or Cardiff City but I think Palace beat City.
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #688: Jan 12, 2012 02:10:21 pm
      I wonder if Man City will get done for this:

Oh wait, it's not us, of course they won't.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #689: Jan 12, 2012 02:13:17 pm
      I wonder if Man City will get done for this:

Oh wait, it's not us, of course they won't.

It was probably some FA official anyway with his laser pen hoping Stevie would miss

Quick Reply