Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

HELP...Portable Apps, Toolbox for IT Techs??

Read 1329 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      HELP...Portable Apps, Toolbox for IT Techs??
      Jan 11, 2012 08:31:57 pm
      I have been trying to put together a Tech Tool kit on a USB and have run into some Issues.  I am currently running my own business fixing PC's / Laptops, Security auditing, setting up Wireless etc...

I want to build a USB Toolbox which 1. will boot and run on any XP, Vista, 7 machine and 2. will not have boot issues due to the various AV and Firewall programs that are on clients machines.  I noticed that certain programs work fine on an XP or Vista machine, then fail on 7 or vice versa.  I am also having occasional problems with AV.  Some of my programs on my USB are, for lack of a better word, Hacker tools, like Cain/Able, Sniff Pass,  NT Password Recovery and some tech staples like ERD and Spotmau.

I do need Cain and Sniff Pass because I have had clients who forgot and lost their network or Wifi passwords and dont want to reset their routers and deal with reconfiguring their home network. 

Certain Apps can be installed directly to the USB no problem. but I have to hunt and load from multiple sites and its getting tedious. Certain apps wont boot from the USB and I need to Install direct to the client side, then go back in and remove it all.

Does anyone know where I can get an all in one program, one download, multiple OS and AV Toolbox with good, PROFESSIONAL TOOLS. I dont want those generic PC Doctor programs or "Speed Up My PC" or Ram Doubler programs, basically shitty, do nothing programs that look nice, cost 49.99 and do nothing that Windows cant do.

Quick Reply