Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool

Read 29377 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Jan 13, 2012 01:34:16 pm

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2012/01/liverpool-transfers-kenny-dalglish/

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish does not expect to bring in any new players during the January transfer window

Kenny Dalglish insists he is not planning to splash the cash in the January transfer window, saying he is pleased with the Liverpool squad currently at his disposal.

The 60-year-old Reds boss claims he has the funds available should he want to bolster his squad before the end of the month but maintains that he is unlikely to bring in any fresh faces.

“We’ve got an option to be active if we want to be active, but we said at the outset that we’d be quiet,” Dalglish told a news conference on Friday.

“It’s work in progress for us. We’ll just keep doing what we’re doing, and the boys will keep working as hard as they can, and we’ll see where we go.

“If we needed somebody to bolster up, we could do it – but I said right at the outset, we don’t. We’re not really chasing after anybody that we want to bring in in January. We’ve been happy with what [the players] have done since August.”

The Liverpool boss, whose side host Stoke City at Anfield on Saturday, added: “I don’t think it is unusual when we said at the start we would not be very busy.

“I think it’s unusual when people try to invent things, get it horribly wrong and then ask us to justify it.

“We said right at the outset, if anything there will be very little [transfer activity]. It’s a little bit disrespectful to us after trying to be honest and saying there might not be much, that we get accused of not being active.”

Shut the transfer board. ;D
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool
      Reply #1: Jan 13, 2012 01:42:04 pm
      Youth players only so. ;D
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #2: Jan 13, 2012 02:02:34 pm
      I imagine we'll see one player come in who can slot into the line up at least.
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 13, 2012 02:04:37 pm
      Never mind adding ¨world class¨ players .Could this be a tactical move?
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #4: Jan 13, 2012 02:04:48 pm
      I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't bring anyone in.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #5: Jan 13, 2012 02:06:16 pm
      I expect LFC related suicides to peak this month.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #6: Jan 13, 2012 02:07:48 pm
      Not calling Kenny a liar, but I don't necessarily believe that. Think it's for the club's best interests that we do things behind closed doors without any publicity, and he could be ensuring that. He was very emphatic though, maybe it really is the case that we're not going after anyone else. I'd be disappointed if true.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #7: Jan 13, 2012 02:08:28 pm
      Did we really expect him to come out and say anything different to be fair?

Would be extremely suprised if no-one came to the club this month.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #8: Jan 13, 2012 02:09:02 pm
      I imagine we'll see one player come in who can slot into the line up at least.

I agree with this, id expect one to come in towards the back end of the window..

Kenny just not trying to thrust prices up even more than they already will be
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #9: Jan 13, 2012 02:24:41 pm
      It's alright for Kenny to say this because he isn't the one who is going to read all the whingy posts! Selfish get  :f_whistle:
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #10: Jan 13, 2012 03:02:50 pm
      Not calling Kenny a liar, but I don't necessarily believe that. Think it's for the club's best interests that we do things behind closed doors without any publicity, and he could be ensuring that. He was very emphatic though, maybe it really is the case that we're not going after anyone else. I'd be disappointed if true.

I don't believe it either but the great man isn't a liar he's just saying what he should be saying half way through January. :p he always protects the squad and talks about how he is happy with them, he's not the kind of guy who will say "yes we could do with a young winger" or it will send the press even madder not to mention send the wrong messages to our current players. we could see one leave and of course that would allow one to come in and that's all I think we'll see, maybe a loan or two out. depends on who comes at us with bids at the end of the day...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,338 posts | 6390 
      Reply #11: Jan 13, 2012 03:05:07 pm
      What are the chances he is taking a bit of a gamble on the squad we have pulling off a top 4 finish and then really splashing the money after the season and going after some really big names with the lure of Champions League football? No spending in January should mean more during the summer?
      MarqueeMoon
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 13, 2012 03:17:16 pm
      I think we must bring in a striker and at best a winger to finish off Top 4, so we must risk it, as Europa League is looking very well possible with that squad. Also having that 1:0 first leg over Man City, as I believe we'll definitely see off both teams of the 2nd semi looking better. Spending less in the winter window certainly might mean that we're waiting for the summer, but nevertheless we could take a high risk of not locking the 4th. New striker, likely winger. I'd love to see Esteban Granero (flexible for wings and centre) and one of the circulating striker candidates (apart from overpriced Bent).
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #13: Jan 13, 2012 03:31:48 pm
      One player from inter is the rumour,ment to be doing a medical the weekend and sign before the Bolton game???? hopefully we bring in a striker.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14: Jan 13, 2012 03:59:19 pm
      Thanks, Kenny. Now I can get on with my life.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #15: Jan 13, 2012 04:03:43 pm
      I am sure that Kenny's typically bluffing, because if we don't bring in any new players, Champions League qualification is extremely unlikely
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #16: Jan 13, 2012 04:25:24 pm
      if we don't bring in any new players, Champions League qualification is extremely unlikely
      It certainly won't help our odds, that's for sure.   :-\  We need an improved attack.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #17: Jan 13, 2012 04:26:58 pm
      I think we may be taking the whole USA link a tad too far, he's completely unsuitable for an LFC squad. I'm sick of us just trying to sell shirts in the US of A.

http://tinyurl.com/cn9t8vx

;D
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #18: Jan 13, 2012 04:38:27 pm
      That means we'll sign Messi so... :D

Kenny will tell the media nothing as we know.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: Jan 13, 2012 04:45:40 pm
      Surprising that we clearly need another striker and creative midfielder.  i personally think with out any additions we will struggle for a top four place
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Reply #20: Jan 13, 2012 05:15:01 pm
      Wouldn't really rule out transfer activity based on that article.

If there's business to be done, it will be done and behind closed doors just like it should be.

Can't remember any 'ITK' letting us know about Gerrard's new contract.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #21: Jan 13, 2012 05:38:21 pm
      I won't be surprised if we don't sign anyone this transfer window, however, I think we will sign one player.

The Euros are this summer, so we better sign someone before his price goes up!!!
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #22: Jan 13, 2012 06:02:59 pm
      I would really love to see a rapid Right winger coming in but if the King is happy with his squad "so am i!"

Quick Reply