Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool

Read 29730 times
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool
      Reply #253: Jan 29, 2012 06:54:35 am
      I'm amazed and disappointed that we are in the final days of the window and it looks like we will not sign anyone.  ???  Despite the successes of the last few days, I know most of us are in agreement that we need strengthening if we are to grab 4th and a CL slot.  I realize that prices for top-class talent are high in mid-season, but I'm frustrated that we haven't upgraded the squad at all.  We'll be kicking ourselves if we end up 5 or 6 points off 4th come game 38.  :-\
      lottie964
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 301 posts |
      Reply #254: Jan 29, 2012 07:08:54 am
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/28/liverpool-andy-carroll-carlos-tevez

what about this one, very interesting!!! love him on loan not sure about on contract,I think would suit our style of play better than Carroll, but love Carroll as well, not sure
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #255: Jan 29, 2012 09:45:47 am
      LFC Transfer Speculations
      Richard_Buxton_ Richard Buxton
      Two #LFC transfer stories coming up shortly. Both related to players exiting, not arriving. One's more a correction of an earlier report.
      What was that...
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #256: Jan 29, 2012 05:40:44 pm
      Yes its true the January window offers less value than Summer.

But if we add a player who, for example hasn't played much in the early part of the season it injects momentum into our team and introduces an element of competition and ambition into our push for fourth.

I think it would be a major mistake not to make at least one decent signing in this window for that reason alone.

Momentum, exactly the word I missed out while I on the Cavani page.  A top signing will do a world of good this Jan.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #257: Jan 29, 2012 05:48:50 pm
      A top signing in January can always do wonders more so than a summer signing. Look what the signing of Suarez alone did to us last January. We looked like a totally different team. The good form in the league we showed from January to May was polar opposite to the hell we were put through in the first half of the season. One great signing gives your team a massive trump card over other teams for the remainder of the season. When other teams around us like Chelsea, Arsenal etc aren't making any moves it is now the time to really pounce and steal a march on them.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #258: Jan 29, 2012 07:14:58 pm
      A top signing in January can always do wonders more so than a summer signing. Look what the signing of Suarez alone did to us last January. We looked like a totally different team. The good form in the league we showed from January to May was polar opposite to the hell we were put through in the first half of the season. One great signing gives your team a massive trump card over other teams for the remainder of the season. When other teams around us like Chelsea, Arsenal etc aren't making any moves it is now the time to really pounce and steal a march on them.

Unfortunately there aren't many deals like Suarez to be had in January.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #259: Jan 29, 2012 09:44:05 pm
      Unfortunately there aren't many deals like Suarez to be had in January.

I also think the improvement in form was down to a previous number 7 even more than the current incumbent.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #260: Jan 30, 2012 01:01:51 am
      I'm excited to see what's going to happen.  Either way I'll be surprised if no one comes in, and surprised if someone does. haha!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #261: Jan 30, 2012 01:20:13 am
      2 days left, can't see anybody coming in so will see how the current squad manages for the remainder of the season. hopefully we have been looking at targets for the summer and also hopeful that money not spend in january can be spent in the summer.
      Jmase77
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 401 posts |
      Reply #262: Jan 30, 2012 12:09:14 pm
      I think there will be a big suprise tommorow nite
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,666 posts | 3900 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #263: Jan 30, 2012 12:13:54 pm
      I think there will be a big suprise tommorow nite

Are you Jim White?
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #264: Jan 30, 2012 12:27:44 pm
      Dalglish: No new senior players

30th Jan 2012 - Latest News

Kenny Dalglish is adamant that Liverpool will conduct no business in what is left of the transfer window.

The boss expects no new additions to the first-team squad at Melwood before the window closes on Tuesday night.

He said: "There'll be nothing happening here in the transfer window, in or out.

"There's no need to ask any questions about transfers or speculation or anything else."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/dalglish-no-new-senior-players
      ozziboi7
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts |
      Reply #265: Jan 30, 2012 12:31:32 pm
      Hope Dalglish is lying!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #266: Jan 30, 2012 12:38:41 pm

Doesn't seem like it seeing as all the main deal makers were at the game Saturday.. These things don't happen overnight.

If the right deals can't be done its better waiting until the summer window.

(still hoping though)
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #267: Jan 30, 2012 12:50:56 pm
      If the right deals can't be done its better waiting until the summer window.

Is right mate, no point chucking money around last minute in desperation.

Disappointing but not surprised.

Suggestion is we made inquiries for deals but the asking price made any possible transfers a no go. If we're not spending money, Kenny firmly believes we have enough quality in the squad to reach our goals for this season (Whatever they may be) and that will do for me.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,431 posts | 6422 
      Reply #268: Jan 30, 2012 12:51:19 pm
      I'm gonna take the King at his word....guess we will make do with what we have.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #269: Jan 30, 2012 12:58:30 pm
      I was hoping for an attacking player but if the quality isn't available it is best we should be keeping our powder dry anyway.

Key for me is none of our Top Four contenders have stolen a march on us in terms of adding a player of genuine quality, a Suarez type signing, if that changes I may feel a slight rumble of worry for a moment.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #270: Jan 30, 2012 01:05:48 pm
      Too many people quick to rule us out on twitter already.

"No signings, no Top 4, doomed".

We're 6 points behind Chelsea sitting in 4th place with them still to come to Anfield and 1 point behind Arsenal/Newcastle.

None of the Top 6 teams have strengthened so far either barring Newcastle (Who will fall away anyway) and Spuds (Cahill). Kuyt has just grabbed his first goal and looked more like a football player in the past two games, Carroll is slowly but steadily adapting, Bellamy is on fire whenever he is on the pitch and Suarez is available again after tomorrow night fresh from a month break.

Its going to be difficult to get Top 4 but it was a the start of the season anyway.  If we improve our form against the lower teams no reason why we won't be there or there abouts. Not to mention we've just reached our first final in 5 years and knocked out one of the favourites for the FA Cup, not bad for such a depleted squad.

Then again we can all take the doomsday merchant path and demand the heads of FSG!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #271: Jan 30, 2012 01:12:51 pm
      With the possibility of Stevie and Luis clicking in the second half of the season and if Andy is true to his word and seems to have had the kick up the backside he needed it could be the old cliche of "like a new signing" anyway, people seem to brush over the fact that of the 7 draws at home this season we have dominated 5 of them and if those 3 can click in the second half of the season and we play as we have for 80% of this season so far we could go on a great run. We only need someone to take the odd chance and we would have won those 5..

Kenny's kick up the backside after the Bolton game could have had the desired effect. We will know really after the Wolves game tomorrow and the likes of Wigan and West Brom at home, the the likes of Spurs I don't worry about us being up for it.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #272: Jan 30, 2012 01:23:26 pm
      Cant see why we would not bring in at least one player.

Frustrating.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #273: Jan 30, 2012 01:26:20 pm
      Cant see why we would not bring in at least one player.

Frustrating.

I'm sure they have tried, but the deals need to be right for the club, and what fits into the managers plans.

No point bringing someone in just for the sake of it.

I'd expect a fairly active summer though.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #274: Jan 30, 2012 01:27:34 pm
      Can't say that I am not disappointed that we are not signing anyone because I am, I think we are in desperate need of a prolific goalscorer and can only hope that Carroll and Suarez followed by the rest of the squad start to hit the net with a little more frequency in the second half of the season than they did in the first.

I can only hope that this decision was made because of the faith Kenny has in the current squad rather than for other more worrying reasons.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #275: Jan 30, 2012 04:43:20 pm
      I still think we are a player or two short.If bellers gets injured or Suarez gets injured,I think we need decent cover for them I know Kuyt got the winner on Sat,but dont think he could score goals week in week out.

Hopefully Carroll can kick on a bit,But done see him becoming a 35 million pound striker.So i think we need a striker in or even promote one of the young strikers from the reserves.

Quick Reply