Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool

Read 29374 times
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Re: Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool
      Reply #276: Jan 30, 2012 05:16:53 pm
      Me thinks Kenny's playing an old trick to the media  ;)
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #277: Jan 30, 2012 05:22:51 pm
      There is still time to bring in someone, although I can't see it myself. I think Kenny tried but couldn't do business with his targets.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #278: Jan 30, 2012 05:38:36 pm
      If there is nobody available I'll support what we have, I'm a fan first and foremost.

But if I was Kenny I wouldn't say jack sh*t to the media especially f***in sky sports
      What a bunch of c***s have you seen their tin pot fountain of knowledge they have.. a man with a computer looking for Internet  gossip and agents who say Liverpool are skint because of the massive amount of cash spent.. Granted we have spent but f***in hell it's not like we haven't sold I can think of £70 million for babel,Torres,Raul off the top of my head

The only C**t worth a watch on sky sports is Georgie Thompsons I'd give it a lick too..
      redman4life
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #279: Jan 30, 2012 05:43:50 pm
      Could be a smoke screen but I seriously doubt it.  The thing with the January window is that there isnt much about to get your hands on, the players available must not be right for the club otherwise Kenny & co would be working hard to make it happen.

I think that too many people are panicking saying 'if we dont buy we can kiss the top 4 goodbye' etc etc.

If you look at it positively, sometime a player coming in January can disrupt the club as much as help,  I think we will push on with what we have, get the top 4 place we need and push on in the summer bringing in several new players and getting rid of the older players and dead wood.

Here's to a successful couple of months!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Reply #280: Jan 30, 2012 05:49:42 pm
      Just read that Kenny wanted to move the game to Wednesday because we might be active on deadline day (according to McCarthy that is).

Got a feeling we might have had a couple of targets lined up, but they were overpriced.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #281: Jan 30, 2012 05:55:40 pm
      Seen that myself and on SSN they're saying we are going for Ba. Definately signins someone so.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #282: Jan 30, 2012 05:59:58 pm
      Find it very strange that Mick McCarthy would say that if there was no truth behind it. Sly Sports are probably talking sh*t about Ba, Unfortunatley. :(
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #283: Jan 30, 2012 06:34:02 pm
      The only C**t worth a watch on sky sports is Georgie Thompsons I'd give it a lick too..

No longer on SSN, she will now be presenting the Formula 1 on Sky.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #284: Jan 30, 2012 06:37:38 pm
      Just read that Kenny wanted to move the game to Wednesday because we might be active on deadline day (according to McCarthy that is).

Think its more likely that Kenny wanted the game moving back due to the two games we have just had over the last 6 days before tomorrow night, probably wanted an extra days rest.

Mick probably having a giggle at the press as well by saying its due to us wanting to be busy tomorrow night, we dont need Kenny to be there to sign anyone.

Mick was being hassled during the press conference about their potential signings and was getting annoyed as well. Probably just a wind up from the Managers, they all dislike these dicks from Sly Sports..
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #285: Jan 30, 2012 06:38:03 pm
      Seen this on sly sports.I did not see McCarthys interview??

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has revealed he turned down an enquiry from Liverpool counterpart Kenny Dalglish about pushing their game back because of the transfer window.

The two sides will meet at Molineux in the Premier League on Tuesday night - which is also transfer deadline day.

McCarthy says Dalglish contacted him requesting to change the game to the following day due to Liverpool's potential business in the transfer market.

But the Wolves manager refused because he wanted more time to prepare for Saturday's trip to QPR.

He said: "I know Liverpool wanted to play the game on the Wednesday and asked me about it and I said 'no chance'.

"We are going down to QPR on Saturday so why would I play a day later? I want as much time to prepare for both games but I could understand Liverpool's request.

"Kenny just asked me because they might be doing something (in the transfer market) and I understood it - but he understand my reasons for not changing."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7466499/McCarthy-spurned-Kenny-request
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,262 posts | 4934 
      Reply #286: Jan 30, 2012 06:39:09 pm
      It's hard to say now if we will buy anyone especially after Kenny ruling us out of any moves.

I do think we need strengthening but I always believe in adding to the squad if possible so it could be the right player at the right price just isn't available at the minute.

Time will tell I suppose.
      anoop
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      • Liverpool fan till i die !!..
      Reply #287: Jan 30, 2012 06:41:05 pm

"Kenny just asked me because they might be doing something (in the transfer market) and I understood it

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7466499/McCarthy-spurned-Kenny-request
      He understood it :D.. that's  it
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #288: Jan 30, 2012 07:21:59 pm
      Well Comolli is in Liverpool, he was seen pulling into Melwood this morning in his Porsche Cayenne.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #289: Jan 30, 2012 07:34:20 pm
      Well Comolli is in Liverpool, he was seen pulling into Melwood this morning in his Porsche Cayenne.

With Cavani/Messi/Pele in the boot?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #290: Jan 30, 2012 07:36:06 pm
      With Cavani/Messi/Pele in the boot?

Apparently so mate, its rumoured he managed to fit Ronaldo and Alonso in the glove box too.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #291: Jan 30, 2012 07:55:04 pm
      Apparently so mate, its rumoured he managed to fit Ronaldo and Alonso in the glove box too.

I presume you don't mean Brazilian Ronaldo? He Would need a caravan nowadays..
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #292: Jan 30, 2012 09:11:15 pm
      I bet Kenny just loves the press cons right now.  He probably lays in bed thinking of witty comebacks just to piss off the media, haha!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #293: Jan 30, 2012 09:30:04 pm
      I presume you don't mean Brazilian Ronaldo? He Would need a caravan nowadays..

Has he turned into a pikey like ? ;D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #294: Jan 30, 2012 09:48:20 pm
      Has he turned into a pikey like ? ;D

He's probably ate a few... As well as anything else he could deep fry  ;)
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #295: Jan 30, 2012 10:22:50 pm
      Even though i wanted to bring a striker in, im happy with kenny's decision. He and Commoli obviously looked at players and thought the ones available wouldnt make us better, and would proberbly disrupt the dressing room. Also think they thought it would be better to wait till the summer and bring in 2/3 top signings that would had real quality to the squad rather than just buy more squad players. God i hope im right !!! :f_tongueincheek:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #296: Jan 30, 2012 10:58:47 pm
      JenChang88 Jen Chang
      Times reports that both QPR & Liverpool willing to take Carlos Tevez on loan if City changes its stance via @bensmithTimes @TonyBarretTimes
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,393 posts | 2823 
      Reply #297: Jan 30, 2012 11:17:54 pm
      JenChang88 Jen Chang
      Times reports that both QPR & Liverpool willing to take Carlos Tevez on loan if City changes its stance via @bensmithTimes @TonyBarretTimes

Basically the Times lads are saying we're not in for him, but would take him if City make him available for a loan deal tomorrow.

Would be a very good signing but struggling to see City changing their stance tomorrow.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #298: Jan 30, 2012 11:27:41 pm
      Basically the Times lads are saying we're not in for him, but would take him if City make him available for a loan deal tomorrow.

Would be a very good signing but struggling to see City changing their stance tomorrow.

I can mate, if no permanent transfer is agreed, I can't see Mancini wanting him back at City incase he disrupts the squad and their title bid, if they relegate him to the reserves until the summer then his price will drop further.

They have a chance to maintain possibly even increase the value of a saleable assest.

Can see it going down to the very last minute with Tevez, not saying we'll get him, but I'll be very surprised if he doesnt end up at a club.

Quick Reply