Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool

Read 29382 times
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool
      Reply #299: Jan 30, 2012 11:29:50 pm
      If it was a loan, I could see fit. If it was a transfer, I would be against it. In another words, trial period and see how it goes. I've it doesn't work out, we make no loss, other than wages.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #300: Jan 30, 2012 11:43:44 pm
      They'd be smart to ship him out, especially to us. We play both of their rivals from the top in the next couple of weeks, and there's no chance of us seeing them again in all competitions.

I wonder how he'd link up with Suarez.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #301: Jan 30, 2012 11:54:02 pm
      I can see the merits to a loan until the end of the season, but surely he'd have to take a drop in wages.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #302: Jan 30, 2012 11:55:26 pm
      I've heard various rumours that Dalglish was told he could have £25M to spend in this window or it would be added to the summer budget.

If you're a knee jerking manager then maybe you would spend it now.  But if you are convinced you were going to be here for the long term then you know it would make sense to save it to the summer for better value.

I don't know if we will make any last minute deals - but if I was boss, confident in my own abilities and long term future at a football club, I'd definitely wait until the summer (unless someone took one of our underperformers of us).
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #303: Jan 30, 2012 11:55:54 pm
      JenChang88 Jen Chang
      Times reports that both QPR & Liverpool willing to take Carlos Tevez on loan if City changes its stance via @bensmithTimes @TonyBarretTimes

Told you last year about it!

I think it could happen, they did Liam out Adebyaor to Spurs too this year.
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #304: Jan 31, 2012 12:09:42 am
      if this is true, then tevez would have to be in england right now, didn't someone say he was in argentina?  I just don't see this happening!  :-\
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #305: Jan 31, 2012 12:20:59 am
      Surely after the success of Ade and Bellamy at fellow Prem clubs they wouldn't allow us to "strengthen" with Tevez, unless they run out of all other options. I'm not sure if I'd have him.. or be able to love him in a red shirt.. and I would want our strikers to play before him. Including Andy.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #306: Jan 31, 2012 02:04:56 am
      There is no doubt about it he scores goals, the one thing we're missing on a regular basis in the league. We just cant see to carry our cup form into league games and it is becoming frustrating to say the least. I don't see why a loan deal couldn't happen, if Mancini doesn't want his value to decrease but doesn't want to sell to somebody in the same league then why doesn't he propose that there is a clause stating it is strictly a loan only deal with no option to buy?

They gain nothing by throwing him in the reserves to rot, City's behaviour is matching Tevez's as of late.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #307: Jan 31, 2012 02:27:43 am
      They gain nothing by throwing him in the reserves to rot, City's behaviour is matching Tevez's as of late.

They don't need money. They need to show players their attitude won't win against the club.

I'd let him rot in the ressies if I were City.

I'd take him on loan though honestly, we could terminate if he's a headcase?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,244 posts | 8576 
      Reply #308: Jan 31, 2012 02:32:59 am
      I'd take him on loan though honestly, we could terminate if he's a headcase?

One reason I would take him on loan to go with the other two headcases we've got in Bellamy and Suarez.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #309: Jan 31, 2012 06:34:08 am
       It looks like Kenny was telling the truth when he said he was expecting a quiet transfer window with no signings.Will this signal the end of MacRed being a clairvoyant .
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #310: Jan 31, 2012 08:23:39 am
      I agree with Daz, this will be the one that goes to the wire, I just can't see him stating at City, Mancini hates the bloke. I don't think he will end up here but would be surprised if he stayed at City.

Jim White is hanging his hat on this deal or he might go home and string himself up.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #311: Jan 31, 2012 09:28:38 am
      It looks like Kenny was telling the truth when he said he was expecting a quiet transfer window with no signings.Will this signal the end of MacRed being a clairvoyant .

I think Kenny was totally lost without MacRed's guidance and has had to postpone any thoughts of transfers until MacRed returns.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #312: Jan 31, 2012 09:39:10 am
      I agree with Daz, this will be the one that goes to the wire, I just can't see him stating at City, Mancini hates the bloke. I don't think he will end up here but would be surprised if he stayed at City.

Jim White is hanging his hat on this deal or he might go home and string himself up.

Well Tevez might go to Russia and their transfer window doesn't close until a months time.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #313: Jan 31, 2012 09:43:26 am
      Well Tevez might go to Russia and their transfer window doesn't close until a months time.

That move would be an odd one, if its the only option left open he may may to take it but can't see him being happy over there.

Maybe that Mancini's plan, piss him off send him to the frozen lands...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #314: Jan 31, 2012 09:52:28 am
      There's certainly logic in City loaning Tevez to us, don't see us being in for him though considering his wages and what they'd do for the dressing room. Not sure how Stevie's and our other star contracts work but many have "match highest earner" clauses, so if these apply to loan players too it could be more expensive than just the obvious Tevez wages alone.

I don't see it happening.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #315: Jan 31, 2012 10:00:15 am
      Have to say I disagree with our stance. We are still struggling for penetration in the league, the past 2 games has changed very little. There are enough players moving clubs who we could have gone for.

Kevin De Bruyne has gone to Chelsea for peanuts, Bolton have put a £7M in for Zaha, and Hoillett will be going on the cheap.

I hope we have tried and failed to find targets, rather than us seeing this squad as good enough.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,619 posts | 3850 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #316: Jan 31, 2012 10:04:55 am
      De Bruyne is going to stay at Genk on loan.
      So they signed Cahill, which will cover them when Terry is gone.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #317: Jan 31, 2012 10:08:41 am
      Story in the Echo saying that Andy Carroll has denied reports linking him with Citeh who have rejected rumours of a swap with Carlos Tevez.

Reports, rumours, half truths they're having a field day, this one takes the biscuit - Liverpool have told "out of favour"(??) forward Dirk Kuyt he will not be allowed to leave. (Metro)
      Dirk is flavour of the month right now and has always stated his commitment to the club - someone has got too much time on their hands.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #318: Jan 31, 2012 11:43:27 am
      With us playing tonight - I realistically doubt any business.

we need a striker, but we have one that can play after the window closes tonight...
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #319: Jan 31, 2012 11:51:34 am
      We may or may not sign someone today, thats allways the case with everyone on deadline day. When kenny came out and said no one in and no one out that was probably trying to dodge any questions on the Carroll + Tevez swap deal. We,ll soon find out i suppose but how many times have you heard managers saying no business and they sign someone in the last minute, Redknapp is a classic example and the deal for Carroll last year, for me, came totally out of the blue.....so dont be surprised people.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #320: Jan 31, 2012 11:52:25 am
      One reason I would take him on loan to go with the other two headcases we've got in Bellamy and Suarez.

Exactly.. I'm sure the main reason why we all refer to him as being a "loon" is because of the same media we hate so much.. Common sense does suggest that he's deffo more of a problem player than most but not to the extent the papers make out.. Like you said, we have two other crazy bastids at our club already and haven't even farted in KK's presence yet.. In fact..The craziest players we have are by far (apart from Stevie) the most influential players here..
      Of all the Drama's he's supposed to of caused, I've never seen this guy give less than 120% every game?
      I'd love this guy on a loan without Carroll going the other way.. Fookin luv it..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #321: Jan 31, 2012 11:55:36 am
      If this was H+G now the forum would be going into meltdown! Don't see us as being in a strong enough position to stand still tbh.

Quick Reply