Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool

Read 29375 times
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool
      Reply #322: Jan 31, 2012 12:41:20 pm
      I too think taking Tevez on loan 'til the end of the season would be a great for us, even with no option to buy at the end of it (not sure that I'd want to us to buy him anyway though, even if the option was there). This would give us that extra bit up front that we have been lacking in too many games this season and give Kenny & Comolli more time to work on getting someone in the summer and who knows, they may already have someone lined up that won't be available until the summer and Tevez would fill the gap until then.

On another note, the rumours are probably just a load of BS anyway.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #323: Jan 31, 2012 12:49:10 pm
      Kevin De Bruyne has gone to Chelsea for peanuts, Bolton have put a £7M in for Zaha, and Hoillett will be going on the cheap.

I wouldn't say 8m euros for a player that still hasen't proven anything on a higher level than Belgian league is peanuts. It is yet to see if he will ever make it into their first team!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #324: Jan 31, 2012 01:29:41 pm
      A loan deal to help us out till the end of the season does look inviting, but the spondoolies issue kicks in and for the life of me I cannot see anyone at LFC parting with 200k a week as the rumour has it, for his services.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #325: Jan 31, 2012 03:53:11 pm
      Tevez is not being paid by City, he said was willing to take 100k a week to leave, so as loan agreements go, I'd assume who ever gets Tevez will be paying a nominal fee for the loan & then £100k a week in wages.

I think the only problem with any one getting Tevez now is, it may take a month or so fo him to get Match fit due to his lack of football.

Worth a gamble though for what he can bring to any side.

I'm surprised Barca haven't been in for him on loan because of the injury to Villa.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #326: Jan 31, 2012 04:27:08 pm
      I'm not. He's a c**t who deserves nothing.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #327: Jan 31, 2012 04:47:53 pm
      Don't know the Spanish for c**t but they must hold that opinion in someway and the other top European clubs must have reervations themseves if the lack of interest isanything to go by.
      He has been known to produce the occasional wonder goal and is really over-hyped, I was going to say over=hyped and over-  buy apparently Argentina is his preferred location much to the displeasure of his employers.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #328: Jan 31, 2012 07:45:17 pm
      If City loaned us Tevez it would help their title bid as we are playing 2 of their rivals in the next 2 weeks
      TeslaPhysics
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 985 posts | 32 
      Reply #329: Jan 31, 2012 08:49:08 pm
      Would KK buy an ex Man U player?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #330: Feb 01, 2012 09:20:13 pm
      Don't know the Spanish for c**t

I think you'll find its "Carlos"
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #331: Feb 02, 2012 06:45:08 pm
      I am hoping that perhaps our quiet transfer window was to encourage our young stars that there could be a place for them in the squad next season. After years of bringing in average premier league players rather than promoting our young players, maybe it's time for a change? Kenny has already shown that he is not frightened of gambling on youth. Kelly, Robinson, Spearing have all been given their chance, maybe Sterling for example will get his big chance next season.   
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #332: Feb 02, 2012 07:00:46 pm
      I am hoping that perhaps our quiet transfer window was to encourage our young stars that there could be a place for them in the squad next season. After years of bringing in average premier league players rather than promoting our young players, maybe it's time for a change? Kenny has already shown that he is not frightened of gambling on youth. Kelly, Robinson, Spearing have all been given their chance, maybe Sterling for example will get his big chance next season.   

I like this idea - why spend money on an average, stop-gap player? Keep it, put it all in one big pile and spend it on proper quality in the summer, not just the dross that is available.

Obviously good deals can be done in January, Suarez is the shining example, but most of the time you're paying over the odds or not getting enough choice for a particular position.

So, I assume we were interested in players, but they were over priced.

I prefer to keep the faith in the ones we have, and blood the odd youngster if needs be.

We have Bellamy in the form of his life, and Kuyt and Carroll (and maybe even Downing!) improving by the match, as well as Gerrard back from injury and Suarez back from the ban. We have the options and quality to aim for the top, regardless of a quiet transfer window.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #333: Feb 02, 2012 08:50:29 pm
      I think not signing anyone gives the other players an impression that Kenny still believes in them to go on further.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #334: Feb 02, 2012 09:23:01 pm
      I think not signing anyone gives the other players an impression that Kenny still believes in them to go on further.

I think it goes beyond that Adryan, I believe it is Kenny's belief that he has a squad capable of trophies and top 4. If he had serious doubt and players were available he probably would have pulled the trigger on a deal.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #335: Feb 02, 2012 09:44:49 pm
      I am a bit glad Kenny didn't really sign anyone. In January there isn't a whole lot to pick from, and in summer you get your choice on who you want first, second, etc. which would help Kenny and make our team stronger.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #336: Feb 03, 2012 02:25:43 am
      Well you can't accuse him of being a liar, can you?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #337: Feb 03, 2012 06:14:46 am
      I think you'll find its "Carlos"
      Hahaha good one.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #338: Feb 03, 2012 05:47:31 pm
      C'Mon. Rogets Spanish Dictionary ....

Its cu*tos.

;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #339: Feb 04, 2012 11:56:43 am
      Winter Transfer Board: All the wailing and gnashing of teeth, like the end is nigh; was it worth it?  >:D

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #340: Feb 04, 2012 12:21:02 pm
      Winter Transfer Board: All the wailing and gnashing of teeth, like the end is nigh; was it worth it?  >:D

Mouse, if it means we get a run like we're having...everytime mate, everytime.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Reply #341: Feb 05, 2012 10:13:52 am
      Jordan Ibe & Joan Carlos Teixeira - very much "on strategy".

Knee jerking? Not under these yanks
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #342: Feb 05, 2012 11:39:44 am
      Mouse, if it means we get a run like we're having...everytime mate, everytime.

I was asking if (after the dust has settled) all the crazy, often heated, sometimes antagonistic, debate over nothing more than lazy, journalistic, speculation was justified Stu.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #343: Feb 05, 2012 07:04:19 pm
      I was asking if (after the dust has settled) all the crazy, often heated, sometimes antagonistic, debate over nothing more than lazy, journalistic, speculation was justified Stu.

Well said mate as you say and as you say it was mostly speculation,if we had signed all those players linked we would of had enough players to put out 4 or 5 teams in the premiership.One other horrible thought is if we had signed most of those players MacRed  would of been proved right as a footballing media analyst and that would of been unbearable.

Quick Reply