Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool

Read 29627 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Re: Kenny Dalglish expects quiet transfer window for Liverpool
      Reply #46: Jan 14, 2012 12:33:31 pm
      "If"
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #47: Jan 14, 2012 05:24:35 pm
      Please please Kenny be lying, not a hope of 4th without a top class signing or signings
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #48: Jan 14, 2012 05:30:06 pm
      Simply must buy a winger, a striker at minimum.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #49: Jan 14, 2012 05:31:43 pm
      Agree Redman it is so glaring it is unreal, kenny must see it, hope he is being given the funds
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #50: Jan 14, 2012 05:35:08 pm
      Agree Redman it is so glaring it is unreal, kenny must see it, hope he is being given the funds

Of course he sees it, what do you expect him to say? Come out in the press and say we are desperate for a striker?

It'll only make what is already an inflated transfer window worse, trust the club to do the right thing and to conduct their business behind closed doors.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #51: Jan 14, 2012 05:37:27 pm
      Of course he sees it, what do you expect him to say? Come out in the press and say we are desperate for a striker?

It'll only make what is already an inflated transfer window worse, trust the club to do the right thing and to conduct their business behind closed doors.

No but I do expect us to sign someone. Signing no one at this stage is not good enough. Even if some of the signings are replacing lads you've bought
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #52: Jan 14, 2012 05:39:53 pm
      No but I do expect us to sign someone. Signing no one at this stage is not good enough. Even if some of the signings are replacing lads you've bought

Signings always replace someone you've bought don't they?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #53: Jan 14, 2012 05:47:33 pm
      Of course they dont, Kenny hasnt bought every player that is at the club
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #54: Jan 14, 2012 06:44:57 pm
      Of course they dont, Kenny hasnt bought every player that is at the club

But the club bought all of them didn't they? that what's important to me and always has been. Whether it was "f*cking Parry", Hodgson, Rafa or Kenny matters not a jot to me. My suspicion is that the fact this isn't the same with you is at the root of much of your angst.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #55: Jan 14, 2012 06:52:07 pm
      Have no idea what you mean by that post Mick, all I know is some of the players arent good enough some Rafa bought and some Kenny bought
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #56: Jan 14, 2012 06:57:38 pm
      Ive yet to see Fsg provide the funds needed to win a league.
      That's a highly misleading statement. We may not agree on the players bought, but how many clubs in the Premier League spent more than us this summer?

99% of the clubs in the world would have been thrilled to spend as much as we did.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #57: Jan 14, 2012 06:58:15 pm
      Have no idea what you mean by that post Mick, all I know is some of the players arent good enough some Rafa bought and some Kenny bought

Im sure alot of it comes down to budget.. You think Rafa would have signed Reira if he had the money to sign Simao or Mata as he was linked to around the time? Or Kenny would have signed Adam if he had an unlimited budget to sign a better option?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #58: Jan 14, 2012 06:59:33 pm
      That's a highly misleading statement. We may not agree on the players bought, but how many clubs in the Premier League spent more than us this summer?

99% of the clubs in the world would have been thrilled to spend as much as we did.

How much did we recoup since FSG has been here? How much has the wage bill decreased? its all relitive, the net spend has been around 35-40 million...

Im not having a go at FSG by the way just saying its not as easy as saying they have chucked millions ant it
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #59: Jan 14, 2012 07:01:07 pm

We all expect a new signing, im sure Kenny wants one and DC is doing his best but the January window no big deals go through early
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Jan 14, 2012 07:03:10 pm

We have a thirty million net spend since they arrived saving 30 million on wages on the process, with the lack of investment from them so far on the playing side Id expect them to be in a position to give Kenny the funds he needs.

There is no hiding from facts, Hicks and Gillette have a bigger net spend in there first 3 transfer windows.

Before anyone gets up on there high horse i despise Hicks and Gillette and think FSG are much better owners but I want to start seeing the funds that are going to get us back into the top 4.

Interesting stat since 2008 Chelsea City and Spurs are the biggest spenders in the Premiership
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #61: Jan 14, 2012 07:07:08 pm
      We have a thirty million net spend since they arrived saving 30 million on wages on the process, with the lack of investment from them so far on the playing side Id expect them to be in a position to give Kenny the funds he needs.

There is no hiding from facts, Hicks and Gillette have a bigger net spend in there first 3 transfer windows.

Before anyone gets up on there high horse i despise Hicks and Gillette and think FSG are much better owners but I want to start seeing the funds that are going to get us back into the top 4.

Interesting stat since 2008 Chelsea City and Spurs are the biggest spenders in the Premiership

That is a fact people forget, its not having a go at FSG but the money hasnt been great so far in terms of net.. its only the media who feel it has.. Lets not us be fooled by them
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #62: Jan 14, 2012 07:43:43 pm

Two things. Firstly, if it's a fact (and I'm not saying it isn't) then could you put up some figures about the wages, fees etc so we can have a look? Two, Hicks and Gillette didn't "net spend" anything, they simply lumped it onto the clubs debt.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #63: Jan 14, 2012 07:45:21 pm
      I still think we will a striker capable I'd playing with both Carroll and Suarez is key.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #64: Jan 14, 2012 07:47:07 pm
      We had no idea at the time where the money was coming from as we dont now, also the wages bit I've got from Tony Evans who I consider fairly reliable for Liverpool info.

The players spend bit is fairly obvious we have spent 110 million sold 80 million you hardly want me to list the players. In relation to Hicks and Gillette a simple Google will show you about there first 3 windows but take it from me I aint lying
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #65: Jan 14, 2012 07:48:04 pm
      I think it's unreasonable to think we won't bring in anyone. I'm just a bit worried who will it be, we all know how those PL proven, "statistically marvellous" players turned out.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #66: Jan 14, 2012 08:01:13 pm
      The bit about the saved wages doesn't include the fees associated with terminating contracts which unfortunately will have been massive. I also would like to see some financial backing this window and believe it is there if needed, personally I think we're desperate for 2 players minimum but buying them at this time of year is always expensive and your choice is generally limited unless you pay over the odds.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #67: Jan 14, 2012 08:03:20 pm
      The bit about the saved wages doesn't include the fees associated with terminating contracts which unfortunately will have been massive. I also would like to see some financial backing this window and believe it is there if needed, personally I think we're desperate for 2 players minimum but buying them at this time of year is always expensive and your choice is generally limited unless you pay over the odds.

Whose contracts did we cancel, not being smart just asking
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #68: Jan 14, 2012 08:06:32 pm
      Whose contracts did we cancel, not being smart just asking

Dont want to answer for him but dont the deals to pay up the likes of Degan and Jovanovic fall under that?

Quick Reply